I've been reading threads like this for over two years now.
Minecraft is still growing, the game is still improving, and Mojang is still expanding.
You'll get over it, I promise.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 1 month, and 1 day
Last active Sat, Mar, 2 2013 19:34:28
- 0 Followers
- 947 Total Posts
- 76 Thanks
Jul 22, 2012Sup guys. Been a while since I posted here. A few friends and I got back into Minecraft, and I've made a few new skins since then. Gonna post them here for you all. This shop still does not take requests.Posted in: Skins
Tyrael, Archangel of Justice [Diablo 2]
Deckard Cain (Diablo 2)
Sarris (Galaxy Quest)
Wedge Antilles (Star Wars)
Skins made for ChunkyShorts:
Police Chief (ChunkyShorts)
Police Officer (ChunkyShorts)
The ONLY Teen Hoodie skin I will EVER do
Mar 3, 2012Another moderator from Planet Minecraft. I used to be much more active here.Posted in: WIP Mods
This mod has also made use of my Assassin's Creed skins, which were originally shared with the note that they could not be used in any compilations or mods without my permission. I was not notified as to their inclusion, and no attempt was made to contact me, despite my skins thread being one of the largest that these forums had ever seen.
I had already contacted the mod manager when I found that my skins had been used, and he had agreed to remove them, however I had not taken the time to actually check. I will be doing so now, and I will be quite irate if I should find that they are still present in this mod.
Dec 4, 2011Rather cumbersome attempting to talk to you through the Planet Minecraft comments section. I went and pulled back up my login for here just to talk to ya about this.Posted in: Skins
Myself and my younger brother are looking over your current version and here's a list broken down into categories of how I feel about this:
1. Things I love:
- The color swatches and selector, especially RGB mode. This is implemented much more efficiently and simply than previous editors I have used. I would call this the absolute best feature.
- The separation of burn/dodge and bright/dark, with variable brush sizes. This is something Swedman never did with SkinEdit that was always necessary.
- Allowing both a 3D and 2D preview with the ability to work on either version is great.
- Unsaved changes warning. Nice to see that.
2. Things that I feel could use tweaking:
- Right now, the 3D preview takes up approximately 30% of the total application window, while most of it is just empty space for the grass/background. This feels very bulky. Consider altering the size of the 3D preview when using split view mode.
- Opening the application should default to a new, untitled skin, rather than immediately open on a sample skin.
- Circular brush only allows odd-number based shapes. Can you make even-number brushes as well? Perhaps consider splitting up the brush shape from size selector to cut down on UI list length.
3. Things I would like to see added:
- Layering, such as the ability to draw over portions of the skin without altering the current appearance "below" it, so that painting or deleting may be done to a specific bit of one layer while the previously existing colors remain in place "underneath".
- Gradient brush, or the ability to select a treshhold area and create both linear and radial gradients within the selected portion.
- Hue/Saturation shift brush, or the ability to select a threshhold area and alter the hue/saturation of the entire selected area.
- Drop shadow effect, such as the ability to select a threshhold area, then automatically apply an exterior shading filter onto the area surrounding it.
- Bevel/Emboss effect, such as the ability to select a threshold area, then automatically create brightness effects to make the area appear raised.
- Mouse-button shortcuts for erase and select color. I suggest left-click paints, right-click erases, and middle click color selects.
4. Things that appear broken or unfinished (sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, don't know where you are on this):
- I was unable to import skins from my local machine, or from minecraft profiles (directory not found i/o error)
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at MCSkin3D.Editor.PerformImportSkin() in D:\projects\MCSkinner\Forms\Editor.cs:line 1470
at MCSkin3D.Editor.importToolStripButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\projects\MCSkinner\Forms\Editor.cs:line 3389
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Nov 12, 2011studnicky posted a message on Show me your skins. Are you an awesome skin maker?You might say that my work is rather good.Posted in: Skins
Link is my sig banner.
Nov 11, 2011Ooh wow, you guys are still posting in this thread. I haven't been to this board in a while, not since I was promoted to Moderator of Planet Minecraft.Posted in: Skins
If you still want something made, you should contact me over on that site. I don't really expect to come by this board much anymore. Too busy to keep up with both, sorry.
Nov 11, 2011It's for the Planet Minecraft skin contest. We've been holding skins contests every month for three months now, although they only became "official" last month. We held a poll a few weeks back for users to vote on of themes, and the Steampunk was the clear winner before the poll even closed. The contest officially started on the 8th.Posted in: Skins
I kinda thought it was funny that everyone on Planet Minecraft knew we were about to have a steampunk skin contest, and then suddenly the Official Forums here decided to launch their own steampunk contest.
Oct 2, 2011I got rather busy and was unable to compete in this. Had to take care of a friend's cat while he is celebrating his honeymoon with his lovely new wife, and then I also just got promoted to Moderator of Planet Minecraft. By the way, we intend to start launching official contests over there, TwiDragon.Posted in: Skins
Sep 25, 2011I have actually created about 20 different 'templates' for medieval type skins that I use for my "knights of the order" Factions skin line. I've recently been going back and re-doing some of them, so this one is from my updated template that isn't quite released just yet. I decided to match him to the sorcerer I did earlier, who is also made from my un-released new templates.Posted in: Skins
View Dragonfire Paladin
Sep 24, 2011Posted in: SkinsQuote from polajack
pm me when its done?
View Sand Trooper
View Scout Trooper
View Clone Trooper (Star Wars)
Quote from Atrenval
A Orc king would be awesome. Its for a Role Play server.
View Orcish Shaman
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.