Epitome is a server focused on maintaining the spirit of survival mode, leveling the playing field between casual and frequent players, and being open with its community.
Server address: mc.epitome.world
- Global shop - We have only a single centralized shop, and not a plethora of player run shops. The players are still the ones setting prices and selling their wares, they just do so from a single centralized shop. This makes it easier for both sellers & buyers.
- No teleports - Teleports & warps take away a lot of the challenge of survival. Instead we use a network of roads in the nether, with portals spread out across the world (with Dynmap to show their locations).
- Hard difficulty - The game difficulty is set to hard, with a high server render distance allowing mob spawning to be very active. Things like zombie hordes, and going out at night, are a very real threat.
- Daily boosts - We provide daily bonuses which grant things like a small amount of money, short XP boosts, etc. Something to help those who only play for a little bit.
- No vote/pay-to-win gameplay abilities - We don’t provide any gameplay affecting abilities. Meaning no flying, infinite water buckets, or anything of the sort. Everything you get from voting is either for claim management, or purely cosmetic.
While we are primarily a PvE server, we do allow players to enable PvP in their claims. So you can duel, set up arenas, etc.
We also have a small creative world you can use when you want to explore new designs or game mechanics, and show someone else, or remain a part of the chat without having to go to single player.
- Be respectful.
That's pretty much it. Griefing, being an ass in chat, playing unfair (x-ray), etc, are examples of being disrespectful.
Some people need specifics, so a more detailed list is available on the site, and in-game.
Advanced claim management capabilities: Visualize claim regions, add members, & control granular permissions.
You can create claims, and then create subdivisions with different members or permissions. Useful for managing towns, or granting access to just a small part of your base.
Granular permissions let you do things like allowing people to shear sheep, but not kill them. Or let people use buttons & pressure plates, but not breaking blocks.
Ice roads in the nether with portals spread out across the world.
A global shop which allows anyone to sell & buy. An easy centralized location where you don't have to go from shop-to shop trying to find someone selling what you're after, and that has it in stock. Or where you can sell something without going through the effort of having to build and maintain a shop.