Quote from FanOfPreston
I think gold tools are faster than diamond, but diamond last much longer. I think.
They are faster, and with my experiences have less durability than wood.
Quote from Badgerz
Don't worry. Soon this'll be on TV shows everywhere.
5 KIDS WHO ARE ALL MINECRAFT ADDICTS ARE DUMPED ON AN ISLAND FOR ONE MONTH. LET'S SEE HOW LONG THEY SURVIVE.
What is that?
This resource upgrade for the default resource pack of Minecraft aims to improve the appearance of the game without the use of mods, while staying faithful to the general style of Minecraft. All features included in this resource pack work with vanilla Minecraft.
What are the main features of this pack?
It adds a bunch of improved textures (water, lava and fire animations, several blocks and items, GUI elements, the sun, moon, paintings, armor, ...), some of them with increased resolution. It also adds a better readable HD in-game font, makes the dull biome colors a bit better to look at, tweaks several mobs and other entities, adds random terrain textures for more variety and proper 3D block and item models for some blocks and entities. Furthermore, it replaces the most annoying in-game sounds with improved or new ones. For a more detailed list of features, see below.
How do I install the pack?
Simply copy the whole "Better than Default" zip-file to the resource packs folder of Minecraft, un-zipping the file is not necessary. Then start the game, open Options / Resource Packs, select "Better than Default", click "Done" and enjoy!
What about other texture features like connected textures?
Older versions of this pack (pre-1.9) supported a bunch of additional texture features like connected textures, custom colors, random mobs, better glass rendering and a custom HD skybox, which only work when using mods like MCPatcher or Optifine. Due to the (slowly) increasing amount of resource pack functionality in vanilla Minecraft as well as uncertainty about future updates for the required mods, those features are no longer kept in the pack and won't receive updates anymore.
I really like this. How can I support you ?
1. By reporting issues you found in the pack on this forum thread
2. By telling all your friends to use this
3. By adding the following banner code to your signature:
<a href="&quot;http:/www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1277335-&amp;quot;"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/CU0Yp.png" alt=""></a>
List of implemented features:
● Adds better readable in-game font with 16x resolution
● Adds new SGA font to Enchantment GUI (doubled resolution)
● Adds high-resolution Minecraft and Java Edition logos (4x resolution)
● Adds some new splash texts and removes boring ones (reduces overall amount to 100, resulting in a 1% probability)
● Changes HUD icons and bars to be in 8x resolution
● Changes in-game map icons to be in 4x resolution
● Adds better looking hover effect for menu buttons
● Adds better arrow buttons for resource pack and server lists
● Adds better looking pop-up notification windows
● Adds some improvements to the hotbar slots
● Gives the Beacon GUI a completely new appearance
● Adds some tweaks to the Crafting Book, Anvil, Enchanting Table, Trading, Brewing Stand, Stonecutter, Loom, Horse, Creative inventory and Advancements GUI windows
● Adds a more natural looking sun (4x resolution) and moon (16x resolution)
● Adds new rain and snow particles (4x resolution)
● Adds a less dull color palette to grass and leaves
● Adds high-resolution water blur (4x resolution)
● Changes darkness blur to allow a slightly better view in dark areas and underwater
● Changes pumpkin blur to make more sense and allow a slightly better view
● Adds better looking textures for Ice, Glowstone, Cobwebs, small and giant Mushrooms, Ferns and Cacti
● Adds improvements to the Sandstone top textures to reduce lattice effects● Adds new side textures for snowy Podzol and Mycelium blocks which actually fit the blocks
● Adds more useful textures for Repeaters, Comparators, Redstone Torches, Observers, Detector Rails and Tripwire
● Adds improved Dispenser and Dropper output textures
● Adds more useful, high-contrast Redstone Lamp
● Adds better looking animations for water, lava, fire and portals
● Adds fire and glowing animations to lit furnaces
● Adds red pulsing animation to Monster Spawners
● Adds tweaked, animated Command Block textures
● Adds bubble animations to bottles inside a Brewing Stand
● Improves to the Door, Trapdoor, Piston, Lever, Tripwire Hook, Comparator, Repeater, Cactus and Potted Cactus block models
● Adds new 3D block models for Sugar Canes, Furnaces, Dispensers, Droppers, Jukeboxes, Observers, Daylight Sensors, Glass Panes, Iron Bars, Rails and Ladders
● Adds backface rendering for normal glass blocks, Beacons and Monster Spawners● Adds 6-way connecting borders for mushroom blocks
● Randomises the textures/block models of all stone types including their polished variants and slabs, all ores (including Quartz Ore), Dirt, Coarse Dirt, Grass, Mycelium, Podzol, Grass Paths, Gravel, Clay, Sand, Obsidian, all ice variants, all mushroom blocks, Tall Grass, Dead Bushes, Cobwebs, Lily Pads, Lapis Lazuli Blocks, Soul Sand, Glowstone and Nether Wart Blocks, for more variety in-game and to reduce lattice effects
● Adds better looking items for Doors, Signs, Paintings, Glowstone and Redstone Dust, Gunpowder, Sugar, Ender Eyes, Nether Stars, all kinds of bottles and potions, Compass, Clocks, Shears, Paper and Maps, Lava Buckets, Melon Slices, Pumpkin Pie, Wheat, Sugar Canes, Cooked Fish, Firework Rockets, Totems of Undying, Tridents, Phantom Membranes and Music Discs
● Improves the colors of all coal, diamond and gold items
● Adds better looking armor and elytra items and fitting armor/shield inventory slot icons
● Centers all oddly placed items for a better appearance in inventories
● Adds 3D models for all block and entity items that don't show them by default
● Adds smooth dial/needle movement to clock/compass
● Adds animated XP orbs inside XP Bottles
● Slightly improves the bow texture and its pull animation
● Adds faithful, high-resolution paintings (4x resolution)
● Adds better skins for Trapped Chests, Enderchests and colored Shulker Boxes
● Adds better looking HD enchantment books with readable SGA text to the Enchantment Table
● Adds a better looking, cleaner front texture to the signs
● Adds better looking Ender Crystals
● Adds a better looking beam for active Beacons
● Adds better looking beam between Ender Dragons and Ender Crystals
● Adds better looking, high-resolution XP Orbs (4x resolution)
● Adds tweaked skins for Cows, Mooshrooms, Chickens, Wolves, Bats, Skeletons, Endermen and Blazes
● Adds new, better looking skins for Creepers, Slimes and Ocelots
● Adds new, better looking player armor (2x resolution)
● Adds new, better looking horse armor (2x resolution)
● Adds new, better looking elytra (2x resolution)
● Adds shields and shield overlay patterns with doubled resolution
● Adds better animations for charged Creepers and Wither Armor
● Adds new, less annoying weather sounds (rain and thunder)
● Adds a better explosion sound
● Improved portal, fire ignition, lavapop and water sounds
● Adds new bow shoot and bow hit sounds
● Drastically reduced the volume of the player attack sounds
● Re-adds the old, more funny cow sounds from Alpha/Beta
● Changes the headache-triggering bat squeaking to a more realistic, higher-pitched sound
More screenshots here:
You can change or use the included features in any way you want, you don't have to ask me for permission. I'm OK with people using my pack to make texture presentation videos or even to make their own texture/resource packs, but please add a reference including my name and a link to my forum thread!
You're not allowed to ...
... make any money with anything containing my stuff! (no donations, no adf.ly links, ...)
... upload my pack anywhere else (distribution is only made via this forum thread!)
... use any features I took from other texturepacks without the permission from the authors!
I've permission to use textures from the following texturepacks:
If you're looking for a server, or need to contact me, currently the best place is through this PvP survival server: pvp.darkmines.net.
Download Automated Installation [COMING SOON]
for a video tutorial on how to use the installer
Download Manual Installation [Preferred] - [Alternate]
NEW INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS - CLICK HERE
Discontinued and no longer available for download. Thanks for all the support <3
YOU decide when the pack gets updated. Just request what block you would like to be drawn, and i will draw it. I will not draw more textures when noone has requested them. If you want the pack updated, request a block to be drawn, thanks!Feedback is needed, so please leave some =)
Was bored this evening, and decided to do some quick textur'in of minecraft.. I think it turned out a bit cool, and a lot of people actually liked it, so here is what i have done SO FAR:
- Mossy cobblestone
- Piston- Sticky piston
- Gold ore
- Coal ore
- Iron ore
- Diamond ore
- Redstone ore
- Lapis Lazuli ore
- Burning Furnace
- Normal logs
- Pine logs
- Birch logs - (Not quite satisfied with these)
- Leaves for Pine tree
- New texture for the workbench
- New texture for the ladde
r- New texture for the trapdoor
- Sand -(Worked for 3 hours on it, still not satisfied)
- Stone brick
- Mossy stone brick
- Cracked stone brick
- Wooden door
- Iron door
- Glass pane
- Mycelium grass
- Mycelium grass sides
- Ice block
- Snow block
- Dirt with snow on the sides
- Circle stone brick
- All the new planks
- Stone slab(s)
- Mob Spawner
- Dry soil
- Wet soil
- Tripwire hook
- Redstone torch (on/off)
- TNT- Roses
- Enchantment table
- Ender dragon egg
- Giant red mushroom
- Giant brown mushroom
- Clay (temporary)
- Rails (all types)
- Sapling (temporary)
- Cocoa beans
- Nether Quartz. (Will be improved in future updates .. probably )
- Redstone block
- Flower pot
- red mushroom
- brown mushroom
- End Portal
- Iron Bars
- Brewing stand
- Dropper (These textures will soon be replaced by new ones, since there is a new cobble texture. But so far, i'll keep it.)
- Detector rail
- Quartz blocks
- Diamond, gold, iron, stone and wood swords drawn!
- New logs
- New design for furnace
- Sandstone "Hieroglyphs".
- Packed ice.
- Coal Block.
- Daylight sensor.
Carved red stone
Andesite and smooth andesite
Granite and smooth granite
Diorite and Smooth diorite
All new doors
Birch leaves drawn
Oak, dark Oak and Acacia leaves
To do:- GUI's. Will do these when the terrain is a bit more completed.
- Finish up terrain
Here is a few pictures, if you can help me with taking more pictures, it would be very nice!
Please reply informative, not just "it sucks". Try something like "I don't like the grass, too weird looking".. or something like that. Positive feedback is awesome though ^^
Read the FAQ before downloading!
Download link found here
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Quote from seanbreen97
Well, look at my post in this way:
1) It's a crying face.
2) My signature says "Default edits make me cry"
3) It is a short way of saying that I dislike this pack.
Make sense now?