- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 7 months, and 24 days
Last active Tue, Jul, 5 2011 20:43:59
- 0 Followers
- 18 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jun 29, 2011shad0w777 posted a message on [IDEA][REQ] Place minecart rails on the bottom of blocks.awesome idea. bump for trippy modsPosted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
Jun 26, 2011Posted in: Requests / Ideas For ModsQuote from cdanovich
hmm, this could be quite useful, like compressing complex redstone machines into another realm and displaying those on a compressed screen, put into one single block
Exactly, The world would have some area on the box of the computer to send visual data for the monitor and the rest would execute in the CPU's world
Jun 26, 2011This is my idea:Posted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
Real Computers in Minecraft.
How it would work
1. Two new features would, at minimum, be required to add to minecraft - A box for the computer, and a display for the computer.
2. The CPU box for the computer would be an item, that when opened (via command/tool/etc) will teleport the player into a new world name <computername>, this entire world would be considered the inside of the computer box, that would be filled with redstone, and probably would need to be created with some sort of generator specifications.
3. The Box's generated terrain would resemble the box and have output plugs for the monitor somewhere in the wall or wherever the mod creator would want to send display data to the monitor, as well, the computer creator would create the redstone circuitry to create the RAM PRocessor and HDD (or however far the computer builder wanted to go).
4. The mod would support a set redstone current transmission to display pixels etc depending on the mod creators method of creating the virtual monitor. Then redstone just connects the monitor to the computer and voila, a computer?
Hope this style of design might inspire some especially experienced mod developers to consider this kind of thing!
Jun 21, 2011shad0w777 posted a message on [Closed] ☆ ☆ ☆ SUPER-EARTH ☆ ☆ ☆ The Original Minecraft Community ☆Minecraft In Game Name (case sensitive): highshadow66Posted in: PC Servers
Where are you from?: St Louis
Have you read and agreed to the rules in the post below? Yes
Did you vote for us? I didnt see a vote link...
Extra notes?: I Love to RP, but I will probably RP in the wilderness. I can build lots of large structures though.
Jun 18, 2011@Thisisxman, I PM'ed You.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
For everyone else, we have a new post in the proper forum, with the link to the actual server, because we are now Public Open Beta, with pics and much better details.
Jun 18, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)Mercurious Minecraft Server Public Open Betaconnect using - mercurious.servegame.comwebsite - http://mercurious.servegame.com
Mercurious Minecraft is a brand new server featuring a unique environment. Our goal is to create a world that is as immersive and perceptually gratifying as the real world. This will take a lot of work but with a great community the world will surely become quite impressive.
Currently we have 3 Worlds available (accessible through teleport gates and commands):
1. The Main World (Where you Spawn): The current rules of this world are very open, but we would like to fluctuate to a citizen-run citizen-governed world once the world has been developed. We are welcoming to new mods and encourage users to bring to our attention any mods that could make the world deeper and more complex. As such, this world is currently running 25+ mods actively, to aid in the worlds initial growth many of those mods are travel and building related. This will hopefully aid the first citizens of the world in building their paradise and their livelyhood, before the ruleset and permissions on god-mode mods are removed for the most part from this world to allow it to grow at a more natural rate, with goals to work for via mods like our NPCs, Minecart Mania, Jobs, iConomy, and many others involved in making a realistic world that has already a great starting structure to build out from.
2. The second world is Terrae. This world is a survival-focused world, setting the stage to have no god-build or helper mods active. Portals are still active and available as well as a few things. The website has a full list of survival and builder world commands. This world will soon be accessible from the teleportation tower in The Colony (spawn area).
3. The Skyworlds. Yes, its true. We have a world that is accessible that is the Skyworlds, set to be released in patch 1.7 to the public. This should not require any mods on the users end, and is accessible using the command /skyworld.
4. The Nether has its own gate in the first floor of the Teleportation Tower of The Colony (spawn area).
For a full list of mods utilized by our server, go here:
For a full list of survival and builder world commands, go here:
For a Live View of our servers map and players in real-time:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, just post here or on our forums. Hope to see you in the world!
Jun 17, 2011You could also look into my server, I can send you the website & connection info if you'd like, currently the people who join have free build ruleset where you can build unlimited until we go public, and change the world into a survival-legit style world and open new worlds via teleports.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Jun 16, 2011Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from Monk_killzor
Well me and my friends wanted to play online so I made a server it works only, we don't know how he can connect, because if he types what I type A.K.A 192.168.1.3 I log in but does he need some thing else to go on the end and if so how do I find it??? thanks
Ok well, he is behind a firewall on his Local LAN connection. This means only computers in his home network will be able to connect to him at this time. There are a few things you can do to resolve this:
1. Have him install Hamachi. Its a gateway of sorts for people from outside his network to join it from anywhere in the over the internet. I cant explain much further about that as I dont use it. Try Hamachi.com.
2. Configure DMZ. Have him go to his routers IP address, which for my router, from AT&T with our internet package, the IP is 192.168.1.254. You can usually check the back of your physical router for this info. You login via the web by typing in the routers IP on a web browser. Login with the routers password (also usually on the router itself), and then, find the page that configures DMZ, Pinholes, etc. Its in the network controls area usually but each router will have its own web interface. Configure his Local LAN IP to have DMZ Enabled, this usually just means click the checkbox or form option for the specific local computer, and then its set. Best to restart all computers on the network to make sure there are no IP address conflicts on the LAN at this point.
After resetting (or usually even without), this computers IP address should be the External Internet IP now. You can find this IP address by going to www.whatismyip.com - and then everyone who connects to his server should use this New IP found on that website.
If that was a little to confusing PM me and ill help you with specific problems
edit:(you can also forward ports but I figured that would be a lot more confusing in a short paragraph to explain)
Jun 15, 2011I PMed you guys.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
By the way, I made Permissions set default new users to having all commands, so I dont need to put you all in as OP
individually. Anyone else interested? The server can hold probably 20-30 people.
Jun 15, 2011Check out the castle/town we are working on -Posted in: Server Support and Administration
We have one other mostly inhabited island and a few buildings on the surrounding islands. Some huge towers courtesy of the other world builder here.
pic (image is large):
Jun 15, 2011I'm sorry about the wrong forum, if an admin wants to move it that would be really appreciated, we were rushed to ask for world builders :\ we want to be ready to create a new world quickly when the 1.7 adventure patch comes out LD.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
I dont want the server IP going out for everyone to see as I am not interested in losing what world I already have, and dont want to stop other builders from building on top of our content.
Anyways I will PM you all the server, and if you could PM me back your username I will add you to the permissions.
Jun 14, 2011OFFICIAL MAIN TOPIC FOUND HERE : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/387377-mercurious-minecraft-server/Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Connect Using: mercurious.servegame.com
Hello everybody, this is my first server post but I would like to let minecraftforums.net know that myself and one other are currently building a world for persistent online play. We want to have some of our world actually developed by the time we open to the public, so that they can have something to build around. We incorporate a Multi-World server, with the use of portals and gates, and currently are utilizing many worldbuilding mods to create a somewhat inhabited world. We have NPC mods and are always on the lookout for new mods to help make the world more immersion and a better overall enjoyment of the game.
There is a list of all the mods that we utilize on our website, if you'd like the link and want to be a builder on our server, please PM me or respond here. You will have all the rights of mod building tools. We plan to convert this world into a non-godmode building world once open to the public, and have a new god-world created.
I believe that the plugins and mods for the server are an intricate part of building the level of realism and complexity a persistent minecraft world needs, and we are really most interested in Plugin Developers, but need world builders too. We are preparing what we can for the new official API system and adventure update coming!
We also have a live web map system, so please pm me if you are looking for a good long-term world with a dedicated server with 8GB of RAM and the most current custom content.
- To post a comment, please login.