With the 1.13 version of optifine I have some CTM issues. I tried updating the properties file with the new block ID but it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
I am using overlay for grass block top. The file used to be called grass_top.properties. Now I've tried to rename it grass_block, grass_block_top and even adding matchBlocks for minecraft:grass_block and minecraft:grass_block_top. minecraft:grass_block is the ID for the actual block and minecraft:grass_block_top is the texture filename for the top side of the grass block.
method=overlay_random faces=top tiles=0-5 <skip> weights=1 1 1 1 1 1 200
I also have issues with torches. I have biome specific torches, and they don't work. All I thought I had to do was to change torch to minecraft:torch, but nope.
matchBlocks=minecraft:torch method=fixed tiles=torch_nether faces=sides biomes=Hell
These all worked in 1.12, so for the torch example, I assumed I just had to add minecraft:, but still doesn't work. Glass and stuff works, I just had to update the IDs.