Personally, the game has got better, but the community has got worse. I mostly play on small servers to mitigate this, as whenever I go on a large server, I'm assaultinf by screeching children.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 3 months, and 26 days
Last active Sat, Apr, 30 2016 09:46:54
- 1 Follower
- 1,277 Total Posts
- 142 Thanks
Aug 18, 2015poryy posted a message on The hunger bar is pretty much useless, at least in Singleplayer.Posted in: Survival Mode
Early-game, in the complete absence of farms and organized breeding, I often find myself starving.
Aug 10, 2015poryy posted a message on Poryy Does A Modded Journal - Update 2 - Obligatory Mining UpdatePosted in: Survival Mode
Update Two - Obligatory Mining Update!
In which I gather the resources necessary for those shiny moddy things. I took a break from mining in the middle of my trip to make some Pulverizer components.
A little bit of exploring the magical forest around my base.
Apparently totems can spawn in magical forests.
HOW ARE YOU SPAWNING?! It's the middle of the day!
The beginning of the mining expedition.
Little watery cave, and some ores I've never seen before!
Lava lake right under my base - or, in the future, INFINITE POWAH!
A perilous situation. (I went up to the surface right after finding this cave)
...I need armor, and fast...
Jul 14, 2015poryy posted a message on A Minecraft Survival Journal... from a 2+ year player who's never done vanilla survival??Posted in: Survival Mode
Make a secondary base underground, in case of creeper attack!
Jul 12, 2015poryy posted a message on A Minecraft Survival Journal... from a 2+ year player who's never done vanilla survival??Posted in: Survival Mode
This is excellent so far. I am afraid I cannot give a challenge in the limited time I have, but I will be back to this thread when I'm done with getting my own world set up.
Jul 11, 2015poryy posted a message on A Minecraft Survival Journal... from a 2+ year player who's never done vanilla survival??Posted in: Survival Mode
Just some little tips-
1. The reason most survival journals die horribly is because people have a tendency not to reply to threads that are not directly asking for their input. This causes good threads to fall to the bottom and crappy question threads such as "What do you call creepers?" to clog up the front pages. The solution to this is either to update so frequently that your updates keep the thread at the top OR to constantly ask for community input.
2. Another issue with most journals is that they do essentially the same thing. Try to do something unique with this journal. For example, the average survival world follows the pattern of Punch Tree > Wood Tools > Build crappy house > Get stone > Get bed > Get iron > Build better house > Start farming > Find diamonds > Go to nether > Start magic > Go to end > Endgame activities. You could bypass this by doing something like colonizing the Nether before going to the End, doing one of the many challenges that limit material usage, or introducing a gimmick such as building everything underwater or in the sky.
3. Try to have a nice aesthetic that diffrentiates you from others. For example, most people's houses will be simple and made out of materials such as cobblestone and wood. Try something new, such as floating houses, skybases, underground bases, or homes made of different materials.
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 26, 2012Posted in: WIP ModsFyrestone Mod v0.6.4.1
Ever wanted something more to minecraft?
An arsenal of epic fantasy tools and weapons that actually have a purpose, and aren't there just for the sake of having more swords?
A real reason to go exploring the worlds of minecraft, rather than hiding in your home?
Well you came to the right place!
Fyrestone is a unique twist on the "Fantasy mod" formula, adding in-world magic themed crafting, and a plethora of useful tools and weapons.
How it works:
[Ingame guidebook coming soon!]
For now, check out the Getting Started Guide on the wiki
All crafting with ritual circles is done by throwing the exact reagents into the circle at which point the reagents will be consumed and the circle will spit out the output
- Added Waterstone Sword
- Added Brimstone Shard
- Added Blazing Core
- Added Blazing Scimitar
- Added Orderstone Shard recipe and new Balance Ritual Circle
- Added Recipes for Balance Ritual Circle
- Added Airstone Broadsword
- Fixed Ritual Circles not breaking when blocks under them are broken
- Fixed Swords not losing durability... ever
- Fixed 27 MissingVariantExceptions when mod is loading
- Fixed potion effects only working once per sword
- Added Plague Essence and Plague Core
- Added Mystical Orb, found in dungeons or as a rare drop from Endermen
- Added Earthstone Cleaver
- Added Plagueblade
- Added Flamevenom
- Added Earthstone
- Added oreDictionary entries
- Added Tooltips to all shards
- Fixed recipe bug
- Fixed ArrayOutOfBoundsException
- Added the Ritual crafting system
- New textures
- Tons of new content!
- Fyrestone Sword now works as flint & steel
- Lowered spawn rate of Fyrestone ore slightly
- Added Fyrestone Sword
- Added glow to Fyrestone Block
- Updated to minecraft 1.9
- Complete re-write in forge
- New textures
- Removed everything but Fyrestone Ore, Chunk, Ingot and Block
- Now for minecraft 1.4.2!
- Added a "Blaze Tree" to the nether, it has Blaze Log and uses soul sand as leaves for the mean time, meaning it's leaves will NOT decay, the logs themselves currently have no use, not even planks, but they look pretty
- Some other minor fixes to the other stuff, slightly altered light levels and what not.
- Added Fyrestone Blade (useful for pigs and cows)
- Fixed a bug where Fyrestone Pickaxe's tooltip was blank
- Increased the smelting power of Fyrestone Scrap from 4 items to 5 items
- Added a Fyrestone Pickaxe with the same strength as a stone pickaxe.
- Scrap, Ingots, Nuggets and Fyrestone Blocks can all now be used as fuel in a furnace.
- Decreased the max size of Fyrestone Ore veins from 17 to 10.
- Mod Release!
- Tiny bug fix with the Fyrestone Block recipe making 3 blocks
- Decreased the rarity of Fyrestone Ore
Q: Can I use your mod in a modpack? A: Please PM me about this, I will generally accept though Q: Can I decompile your mod and look at the source? A: No need! Fyrestone is now completely opensource on Github at https://github.com/gunnerwolf/Fyrestone Q: My game crashes/I found a bug A: Please report any bugs or crashes on Github's issue tracker. https://github.com/gunnerwolf/Fyrestone/issues
Jul 31, 2014Killin_dat_mob posted a message on Is the United States Headed in the Right Direction?Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from abpopHow is that grounds for impeachment? Assuming they ARE criminals, then helping them is no worse than advocating for the release of non-violent offenders from jail.
You cannot impeach a president just because you don't like them. You can't impeach them just because you don't agree with their politics. Obama would have to break the law, something that he has not done. This simply demonstrates how childish and unreliable Republicans are. They should be taken out of office. Vote them out. They are belligerent and childish, and the public shouldn't have to deal with their shenanigans.
Apparently Obama has been breaking the law, but it is debatable whether or not they will successfully nail him with it.
his simply demonstrates how childish and unreliable Republicans are. They should be taken out of office. Vote them out. They are belligerent and childish, and the public shouldn't have to deal with their shenanigans.
Yeah like liberals aren't the same way. Quit being so ignorant.
Jul 16, 2014abpop posted a message on Is the United States Headed in the Right Direction?I don't think mthere would be much left to fix if Republicans had their way. No birth control, no pornography, no immigration, guns in schools, god in government, etc.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
Jul 15, 2014Unyobro posted a message on Is the United States Headed in the Right Direction?Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from abpop
Who the hell are you to tell em what I can and can't enjoy?
If you're able to question this then you are not insane, you're just trying to be edgy.
Jul 13, 2014but it does. For that is their god their riches so to obtain them they do things for them. it is the same as with god for its writtenPosted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
where ever your treasure is their your heart will be. how can your heart be with god if your treasure is gold.
If your treasure is in heaven your heart is In heaven there you will do things to obtain your treasure
that which you do for heaven is pleasing to the god of gods
- To post a comment, please login.