Remember to follow @Pivot99 twitter to find out whats happening with the mod!!
Please Do Donate For Further Updates On This Mod
[non-existing donation button]
The HOBO MOD
-Finally got someone to help me! Thanks
This Mod is only Version 0.1!!
Mod is back on development! If you want to help! MESAGE ME WITH A REQUEST
-Mod Inactive! Please Contact me if you can help me!
-Age (anyone can join! just wanna know)
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years and 8 months
Last active Tue, Jul, 8 2014 23:21:11
- 0 Followers
- 109 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Oct 3, 2011THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED!!!Posted in: WIP Mods
Oct 2, 2011pivot99 posted a message on [SSP/SMP] Slymask3's Mods - Instant Blocks, Better Dyes, and PaperCraft.I have always wanted to do graphics for a modder.. but never got the chance... you wont regret having me as your artist. Im quite creative! no i dont steal textures... i create them from scratch....... ill make you some textures for your mod! contact me at pivot99 on twitter or skypePosted in: Minecraft Mods
This is how i create textures
1) Make a crappy tracing of what it will look like
2) add more details
3)repeat 1-2... for other textures
4)double check textures for any problems/Texture glitches/or colour distortion...
The downside is... depending on the amount of texture... i might take some time... i love to keep my work simple but looking really good!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Feb 10, 2013Reika posted a message on [Forge][Tech][SMP]RotaryCraft - Machines, Power, AutomationNotice: This thread is out of date and is no longer checked regularly! Please visit my new thread instead!Posted in: WIP Mods
I am working on a big "industrial-style" mod, akin to the likes of BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, and so on, called RotaryCraft.
Why? The power transmission. Engines generate rotational power - torque and speed - and it is transmitted by shafts, gearboxes, and the like to eventually reach the machines.
In case you are curious, I actually researched the specs of real machines to get some idea to make this realistic.
Additionally, rather than hardcoding the behavior of many machines' attributes, I applied real physical laws to them. For example, a hot machine will cool according to the laws of heat convection; shafts can handle torques up to what is allowed by their shear strength (using the distortion energy method), and so on.
Also, read this whole post. It contains LOTS of valuable information. Likewise, read the last page or two of this thread - you may find that the issue you were going to post has been discussed. If you ask a question/post an issue that was discussed here (likely in the FAQ) or three posts above you, I am likely to just say "Read the FAQ"/"look up".
Finally, if you downloaded this mod from any site other than this thread, delete it immediately and download a new one. I have found more than one mirrored, illicit - not to mention illegal - download that contains malware.
Terms and Conditions:
Downloading any of my mods constitutes a complete and unconditional agreement with these terms!
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB (Sweden)
OWNER - Original author(s) of the mod. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the owner has full rights over their mod despite use of Mojang code.
USER - End user of the mod, i.e., the person installing the mod.
These mods are provided 'as is' with no warranties, implied or otherwise. the owner of these mods takes no responsibility for any damages incurred from the use of these mods. These mods alters fundamental parts of the Minecraft game, parts of Minecraft may not work with these mods installed. All damages caused from the use or misuse of these mods fall on the user.
Use of these mods to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the user without restriction.
These mods may not be uploaded or mirrored by anyone other than the owner, and all links to these mods must link to this page, not directly to adfly or MediaFire. Any unauthorized links to the mods that bypass this forum page will be discovered and forced to be deleted. Any attempts to make money off of these mods (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are strictly forbidden, and the owner may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS
These mods are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these mods require advance written permission of the owner and may be subject to certain terms. Distribution of the source code, modified or otherwise, is prohibited by anyone except the author, except in the case of a derivative mod that has been given prior approval.
5. ADDONS AND MODIFICATIONS
Addons and modifications that use no RotaryCraft source can be made and released freely and distributed as the creator sees fit. However, if I feel an addon or modification damages RotaryCraft - such as by hurting its compatibility with other mods, or damaging the realism - I reserve the right to revoke this permission and disallow its distribution until the issue(s) have been fixed.
RotaryCraft requires Minecraft 1.5.2 and Forge for the same version. It also requires DragonAPI, a function library that I wrote.
If you want to use Optifine with RotaryCraft, I recommend the latest version of Optifine.
Other versions may not, due to Forge/Optifine compatibility issues.
Full Release V1.0 is currently in open beta. PM me for a copy of the download link.
If you like this mod or want to help me develop it, feel free to use the button below. Every little bit helps me be able to keep working on it.
DragonAPI: Simply add the .zip to the /mods folder.
RotaryCraft: Add the RotaryCraft.zip to the /mods folder.
RotaryCraft and DragonAPI do work with MagicLauncher - simply add both as External Mods.
The mod has a config file that can be used to change the Block and Item IDs, and a number of other properties of the mod. For example, one can specify the maximum range of the floodlight, light bridge, heat ray, and so on, whether to play engine sounds, whether the woodcutter should cause trees to fall or just disappear, and more.
One word of warning: Changing IDs of existing worlds is likely to cause lost machines at best and world corruption at worst (ClassCastException crash).
"How do I pronounce your name?"
My name is pronounced with a long A (like in "wait"), not a long "E" (or anything else someone might think up) and a short "a". So, "Ray-kuh", not "Ree-kuh", "Ruh-Kuh", "Roo-Kuh", "Ray-Kay", and so on.
"Can I use this mod in a modpack?"
That depends on what you mean. If you want to install it in your own personal pack, or a private server pack, that is fine, as long as you do not distribute it outside your core group.
If you mean a "professional" pack that you intend to distribute to hundreds or thousands of players, you must ask my permission first.
"I crash with NoSuchMethodError in Reika[something]Library/Helper/API!"
Minecraft is looking for a piece of code that does not exist in your copy of DragonAPI. Download the newest version of both mods and try again.
"Forge says "DragonAPI is not a mod, and could cause instability, and to remove it."
This is normal and a bug on the part of Forge - DragonAPI is not a true mod in the sense that it has no devoted registration. It will not cause instability.
"I get virus warnings when I try to download your files!"
I can assure you that my copies of the files are clean. I can also assure you that mediafire is not tampering with their contents. Ensure you are downloading it from this thread - other sites are indeed inserting malware into their downloads.
"I get console spam of "GL ERROR @ Pre render 1281: Invalid value", and items are invisible."
This is the result of MC's texture loader glitching out. F3+T usually fixes it.
"I cannot place the blocks sometimes, even though nothing should be there."
If you have Railcraft installed, it adds invisible blocks wherever you step which interfere with the placement of machines. These can be disabled.
"NEI lists a lot of "Omitting ItemMulti/ItemMachinePlacer due to ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Exception"
For whatever reason, NEI appears to hate metadata-distinguished items like my machine placers and crafting items. This bug does not seem to cause any problems, though, aside from perhaps a framerate drop when loading RC items in NEI, only really noticeable on a slower system or with Optifine installed.
"What are all these weird labels like W, Nm, rad/s, and C?"
All of the units in RotaryCraft are SI (commonly referred to as metric). W is the label for Watts, a unit of power (energy use/transfer per unit time). Its imperial equivalent is horsepower (1hp = 745W). Nm is short for Newton-Meters, a unit of torque (force times distance), akin to the "strength" of a twisting force. Its imperial equivalent is Foot-Pounds (1 ft-lb = 1.3 Nm). rad/s is a unit of angular velocity (rotational speed), measured as angle rotated per unit time. One radian is approximately 57 degrees. Its imperial equivalent is rpm (1 rad/s = 9.6 rpm). C is the label for degrees Centigrade (often called Celsius). For those unfamiliar with the system, 0C is the freezing point of water, 100C is the boiling point of water, and steel loses 90% of its strength at 1000C. In Farenheit, those are 32, 212, and 1832 degrees respectively.
"There is a lot of steel in this mod, and lots of mods use steel already. You should change it."
As my header indicates, I approach RotaryCraft from a realistic perspective - everything, where possible, is made to follow real-world behaviors. The use of steel is no exception. Of all the metals one could realistically have in Minecraft, only steel has sufficient material properties to endure what it is subjected to by my machines. Aluminum, Iron, Tin, Copper, all would fail rather easily. Additionally, steel has specific thermal properties that are essential to the function of some machines.
"Shaft power is too complicated, you should make it electricity/Will you make some machines electrical?"
In short, no.
In long, no, no, no, no, no.
In very long: To change the power system into electricity is to discard the core of RotaryCraft. It would be akin to asking Pahimar to change EE from using EMC to using chemical reactions - it conveys a total disinterest in the mod as it is. Speaking personally, I take that as something of an insult. Also, there are a lot of electrical mods, and many players feel that another one would be rather superfluous.
Plus - I do things realistically. Do you really want RotaryCraft to use realistic electrical power, with current loops, magnetic induction, nodal analysis, and electrical phase calculations? You will change your "electricity is simple" position rather rapidly.
"My Blast Furnace is not turning on even with coal in it!"
The coal is not a fuel in the Blast Furnace. It is a carbon source. You need to supply heat in the form of lava or a heater (the latter of which can only be made after you have some steel), and wait for it to reach 600C.
"My machine doesn't work/turn on/is so slow your mod is broken!"
Unlike a lot of other tech mods, the power system in RotaryCraft is trinary, with both torque and speed (and the product of the two, power) being important. Simply giving a machine some power is not enough - almost all machines have a minimum power, and most have either a minimum torque or a minimum speed (or both). Additionally, for most machines, especially ones that perform discrete operations like the grinder, the speed determines the operational speed. 2 rad/s at sufficient torque and power will run the Borer, yes, but it will take over a minute to dig one meter.
Additionally, power and torque are used in a lot of machine to calculate their "abilities" - for example, the amount of excess power (power above minimum 'activation' power) increases the range of the heat ray, which starts off at just 8 blocks.
Additionally, some machines are temperature-sensitive. Some, like Steam Engines and the Blast Furnace, will require a heat source - often lava, fire, or both - or, like the Fermenter, will stop working if they get too hot.
"This mod adds so many machines that could be used by griefers/Only add it to a server if you want it destroyed/Can I disable all of the dangerous machines?"
Due to the mod's internal tech-tree and large amount of self-reliance, taking out machines has cascade effects that may well make more than half the mod unusable. Things like the Borer, Fan and Spawner Controller are crucial (unless you want everything to be ridiculously expensive). Others, like the pump, are required to be able to supply liquids to machines that will not operate without it.
Also, were you planning to take out every machine that starts fires when it gets hot, or explodes when overheated or mistreated? Such a decision would cripple the mod.
Finally, and most importantly: RotaryCraft is not a mod that someone can just start and immediately accomplish major things, even if they spawned in the resources. There is a strong learning curve in it, and that is crucial to the issue of griefers: Most griefers are both immature and impatient, and neither of those traits lend to being able or willing to sit down and learn the mechanics of the machines and powertrains. The kind of person who would use the machines to destroy your server are also the kinds of people who would be least likely to be able to understand how to even turn them on, much less maximize their destructive potential.
"OMG this is like Overpowered: The mod. Everything is so easy and the machines can do everything for you without lifting a finger. I bet you could get everything in an hour."
Words spoken by someone who has not tried, and would likely fail horribly once they did. Unless you understand everything about how the power system works, you will find the mod is quite the opposite of "easy" - a quick scan through a lot of the comments can attest to that. Also, an hour? In that time you might acquire enough iron to make...if you are really lucky, a Fermenter, and maybe a DC engine to power it.
If, however, you feel that the mod is overpowered because "players should have to work for everything - automatic anything is too easy", and "It should take days just to accomplish anything", then this is not the mod for you. The mod for you disables diamonds, iron, redstone, boosts mob difficulty, slows your movement speed, triples the spawn rate, and fills ordinary stone with hidden lava in random places.
"What are those red/green cages I get when placing a machine/how can I tell which side is input and output on the machines?"
When you place a machine, it shows you the input and output sides by rendering colored cages in the positions where input/output machines would be. Green sides are inputs - a pump, for example, has two green sides, and can receive power on either side. Red sides are outputs - a shaft junction in split mode, for example, writes to two locations, highlighted in red. A shaft in any other position will not receive power.
To see the cages again, just right-click the machine with the Angular Transducer (meter) and they will show up for a few seconds. They will also redisplay themselves if the input and/or output coordinates change, such as by right-clicking a machine with the screwdriver.
Only custom-modelled blocks render these highlights; textures on full-block models make the input and output sides fairly clear.
Note: Optifine messes with the rendering of these, and causes them (and many other things) to not appear.
"Are you going to add the ability to convert RotaryCraft power into BuildCraft, IC2, Forestry, etc?"
I have add three machines to convert RotaryCraft power into BuildCraft power and back (Air Compressor and Pneumatic Engine), and to convert our liquids to each other.
I am not going to add IC2 conversion because its power system is incompatible.
If I can figure out a liason, I might add RailCraft power conversion (steam) as well.
There is also a machine to convert BC fuel into my jet fuel.
"Can I use DragonAPI to help with the development of my mod?"
You may use DragonAPI with your mod and thus make it a dependency, so long as you do not include your own copy of DragonAPI. Including your own copy makes it impossible for me to control version updates. Link to this thread instead, not directly to the adfly link.
More Detailed Info:
The mod includes a "handbook" of sorts with detailed info on all the machines, engines, and so on, but here is a very brief rundown:
- DC (Redstone)
- Wind Turbine (Elevation and lots of open space)
- Steam (Water + heat)
- Gasoline (Ethanol)
- AC (Redstone Clock + Magnetized Core)
- Performance (Ethanol+Additives+Coolant)
- Hydrokinetic Engine (Falling Water)
- Microturbine (Jet Fuel)
- Gas Turbine (Jet Fuel)
- Solar Plant (Sunlight) - Scalable and Multi-Block
- Shaft - transmits power
- Gearboxes - adjust torque/speed ratio; require lubricant
- Bevel gears - redirection
- Clutch - gated shaft
- Dynamometer - outputs the value of transmitted power, speed, and torque
- Shaft Junction - merge/split shafts and their power
- Flywheels - store energy
- Worm gear - get a huge increase in torque, at the cost of a lot of speed (more as the speed goes up)
- CVT - programmable gearbox
- Industrial Coil - it is to shaft power what a capacitor is to electricity, storing it for later use, or "charging" to release a powerful burst
- Multi-Clutch - redirect power in the direction you choose with redstone
- Boring Machine - dig tunnels of various shapes
- Bedrock breaker - dig bedrock (not layer 0)
- Floodlight - create beam of light for as long as unobstructed
- Fermenter - turn plant matter into sludge, which can be turned into ethanol
- Grinder - self-explanatory, plus turns canola seed into lubricant
- Heat ray - create beam of fiery death for as long as unobstructed
- Pumps - pump up liquids to a more convenient location
- Potion Aerosolizer - kind of like a beacon, but more powerful and can disperse blended potions
- Light Bridge - cross any gap without having to sneak-bridge the whole way
- Extractor - get extra material out of the same ore
- Pulse jet furnace - Melt obsidian into blastproof glass, melt down iron/steel items/blocks back into ingots, and make steel more efficiently
- Auto Breeder - Automatically breed animals
- Bait Box - Attract animals and mobs, or repel them
- Compactor - compress coal into (eventually) diamond
- Fan - Blow entities around
- Firework Machine - Give it crafting items and it will create a random show
- Fractionator - make jet fuel
- Ground-Penetrating Radar - See the structure of the caves below
- Heater - Warm up machines or just burn mobs
- Obsidian Factory - pipe in water and lava, and get obsidian
- Pile Driver - dig a hole straight down through anything in your path
- Player Detector - sends out a redstone signal when a player is nearby
- Spawner controller - adjust the spawn rate of a monster spawner, or shut it down entirely
- Sprinkler - water crops, or put out fires
- Item Vacuum - suck up items and experience for later use
- Woodcutter - cut down trees far faster than with an axe
- Mob Radar - detects mobs in a square area around it, at any depth
- Smoke Detector - sounds the alarm if it detects fire
- Coil Winder - wind a coil, as a sort of battery for portable power
- Projector - wallpaper projector
- CCTV - security cameras [currently dummied out]
- Blast Furnace - how to start making steel
- Flooder - like WorldEdit's //fillr
- Cave Finder - use sonar beams to locate cave networks
- Chunk Loader - keeps chunks loaded to keep machines working
- Music Box - like a MIDI-powered jukebox
- Sodium Iodide Cannon - control the weather
- Force Field - protect yourself against everything, even the Wither
- Item Refresher - keeps nearby items from despawning
- Mob Harvester - kills mobs quickly and efficiently, and gives you drops normally only given by direct kills
- Railgun - the ultimate in defence, it can kill anything in one hit with a large enough projectile
- TNT Cannon - send TNT at a specified angle and speed, or target a location
- Scalable Chest - chest with an inventory that gets bigger as more power is given, up to a maximum of 560 slots
- Firestarter - start fires in the surrounding area, either as a defence/offence weapon or to clear trees
- Magnetizer - magnetize shaft cores for use in the AC engine
- CCTV screen - view the output of cctv and spy cameras
- Containment field - a complement to the Force Field, think of it as a "cage" for mobs
- Freeze gun - targets mobs and freezes them solid (without hurting them).
- Steel purifier - for converting other mods' steel into my own
- Laser Gun - another long-distance defence weapon; akin to a pivoting Heat Ray
- Item Cannon - long distance item transport
- Land Mine - set a trap for players or mobs, and add special effects (like poison, flame, or chaining) as you desire
- Friction Heater - run a furnace without fuel, and even speed it up
- Bucket Filler - fill buckets with piped-in liquid, or drain buckets and provide liquid to pipes
- Block Cannon - fire blocks much like the TNT cannon fires TNT
- Spy Camera - an aerial camera to view mob's positions on the ground
- Self-Destruct Mechanism - a dead-man's switch for your base
- Cooling Fin - an easier and cheaper, but less effective alternative to water cooling
- Worktable - for charging tools and crafting machines; can be automated
- Display Screen - for displaying text messages, sci-fi holo-screen style
- Bright Lamp - light a large area with one block
- Block Ram - pushes out a line of blocks, for use in large-scale construction
- Terraformer - edit an area's biome for aesthetics or climate use
- Air Compressor - convert shaft power into MJ
- Pneumatic Engine - convert MJ into shaft power
- Pressure Balancer - convert BC-type liquids into RC liquids and vice versa
- Fuel Enhancer - convert BC fuel into jet fuel
- Ultrasound - detect density changes in solid rock; this can find ores, caves, liquid, and silverfish
- Motion Tracker - detect living entities nearby, even through walls
- Gravel Gun - fire flint at mobs, dealing heavy damage
- NightVision goggles/helmet - see in the dark
- Knockback Gun - repel mobs, or punch out areas of soft material like gravel
- Fireball Launcher - launch ghast-style fireballs for long-range destructive power
- Item Vacuum - suck up nearby items and XP, or one-click chest emptying
- Screwdriver - reorient machines and modify their behavior; also usable as a wrench for BuildCraft and IC2
- Angular Transducer - get data on machines' operation
- Bedrock tools - infinite durability, and the pick has perma-silk touch and will not spawn silverfish from infected stone
http://imgur.com/a/eM00x#0 (Everything up to first release)
http://imgur.com/a/3upds#0 (Everything new (as of Beta V0.27).
Oct 2, 2011Posted in: Video/Series Help
Edit: Keep in mind when applying, filming starts this saturday/sunday October 15th/16th
First off I'd like to state that this is a brand new youtube series, and is taking a fresh new start on the "Yogscast"/adventure map fun. We aren't copying or running off of Yogscasts' ideas at all, but we are yogscast and Zelda inspired. You'll find our temples and quests might also be very Zelda like, so it's not un-common for us to give props to another series of games we like.
What programs we intend to make this series with:
Adobe After Effects
"Quest For A Thousand Seasons" - You'll find that the gem in the middle of the banner is the Thousand seasons gem. I'm not going to lay out the ENTIRE plot for you, but you could assume that this gem is very special. While the whole plot/quest will NOT revolve around it in terms of what you'll see, it will be a very important piece TO the story. The gem has this unique aspect to CONTROL ALL ASPECTS OF TIME. Which means simply NOT just freezing time, but as well as fast forwarding and reversing it as well. Also, the holder/owner of the gem will NEVER age. Ever. The gem can also freeze time/water/lava. More details o the story of this when your accepted.
Me and my friends are going to be the ones building the Adventure map, and already have a good majority of the beginning done. AND YES, if you wish to be in this series you are going to NEED hamachi. Not because of port forwarding problems, but simply because I like knowing who's on my server and who's not, and that I can have good range of control if trolls try anything I disprove of. port forwarding resumes on our normal servers.
NOW, for the first few episodes I am looking for some people who are willing to fill in some text based character parts FOR THE FIRST TOWN. We have these positions open.
Inn Keeper: Lubos/Godzilla
Guard 1: alsonk
Guard 2: Emanation
Miner 1: DarthMarx
Miner 2: Pivot99
Beach Bum/Crazy Guy: groo567
When you apply to be in this series, PLEASE make sure you apply for the character you would like to have. That way can narrow it down to who wants what in the end. Also keep in mind you will have to change your skin temporarily for this series if you'd like to participate, because we want to keep our story somewhat realistic in the sense that Master chief or Samus isn't the blacksmith. haha. If you are chosen for a certain character you will be sent the following things:
1. Hamachi Network, IP address, and ect.
2. You can make your character house to your liking. The inside anyways.
4. The CUSTOM texture pack we will use for this adventure
When applying please use the below format
Character applying for:
Good at Improv? (text based):
Your minecraft name also somewhat matters so keep that in mind. Age doesn't matter AS much, but it does matter somewhat.
We would REALLY love to have you guys watch/be a part of this series! It's actually going to be incorporated into a website! So as you can tell, we need to put some quality into this series. We really need some people who can follow some guidelines on what they will say, but can spell and improv on the spot if needed.
PM me for additional questions/concerns/suggestions.
ALSO this is JUST the first set of characters! there are more then 1 town, more then 1 set of characters! So feel free to apply as many times as you see a new set of characters pop up!
EDIT: DO KEEP IN MIND YOU'LL HAVE TO HAVE AN ORIGINAL SKIN OF THE CHARACTER YOUR APPLYING FOR! WE WILL PROVIDE THIS FOR YOU, AND EXPECT YOU TO USE IT! YOU MAY EDIT THE SKIN, OR CREATE A SKIN IN THE SAME STYLE! PM FOR QUESTIONS!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.