Deobfuscator3000 is a universal tool for deobfuscating minecraft mods! It meant to be upgraded and improved variant of BON that was abandoned by its authors a long time ago. Compare to BON this one allows you to chose a deobfuscation mappings by your self and it deobfuscates the java sources of the mod and not whole mod (.jar file)! Deobfuscator3000 can also deobfuscate individual java files and it can also works with zip files not only jars! It also has more user-friendly UI with tooltips, logging console and other things!
- As well as BON, Deobfuscator3000 is programmed in Java so you need Java to run it!
- First you need to select deobfuscation mappings! These are excel files that tell the deobfuscator what to do with your mod! Defaulty there are mappings for 1.7.10 and 1.12.X and all what you need to do is write/select path to one of these folders into the first text field. If your mod is on a different version, then you need to obtain mappings for this certain version! In this case the best thing you can do is download them in MCP, unpack the downloaded zip and select "conf" folders path into first the text field!
- Now you need to decompile your mods jar! For this, I recommend to use Procyon on this online Java decompiler.
- After decompiling your mod, all what you need to do is select the path of the downloaded zip into the second text field and hit "Deobfuscate" button that supposed to be active by this time. If it is not there is most likely something wrong with deobfuscation mappings path or mods zip path. In this case the path in the text area will be red otherwise there should be no problem!
- After clicking on "Deobfuscate" button program will take a while to deobfuscate the selected mod using selected mappings. Unzipped folder with deobfuscated mod sources will appear on your desktop. Now you have decompiled and deobfuscated mod sources to work with.
Deobfuscation mappings are instructions for deobfuscator! They supposed to be a .csv (excel format) file or group of 3 files, the fields, methods, and params (each is optional since 1.0.5 but must be at least one of them) in one folder! Inside these files there supposed to be some sort of map with keys and values! These keys supposed to be in the first column of excel file and must contains at last one "_" or since 1.1.0, can alternatively starts with "#" and then do not need to contains "_"! And second column in excel file supposed to be the values for the keys. These values can be anything, there are no limits! But value should not be the same as key is and also should not be empty!
Download on GitHub: https://github.com/PetoPetko/Minecraft-Deobfuscator3000
If your mods files were not deobfuscated correctly it is most likely not the deobfuscators fault but invalid mappings! Make sure your mappings are for same minecraft version as your mod is! If you have encountered some other issues that feel free to report it! Also always download the latest version of deobfuscator!