Minecraft Username: jollypop
What do you think of the server?: it's orgasmic
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 6 months, and 24 days
Last active Mon, May, 7 2012 11:06:47
- 0 Followers
- 7 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 7, 2012jollypop posted a message on ★★★★★ PhanaticMC Network ★★★★★ skyblock skygrid factions creative minigames + morePosted in: PC Servers
Mar 14, 2011You can play these quests by downloading custom maps that have been designed by members of the Minecraft community. In most of the Yogscast videos, there's a link in the video description providing the download link for the custom map. For example, the Four Towers map is located here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=84304.Posted in: Legacy Support
In terms of actually playing the map, you need to do the following:
1. download map file (will be a .zip)
2. search "%appdata%" in Windows Explorer, and open up the folder named ".minecraft"
3. open up "saves" folder and extract the .zip map file into the saves folder (you will need a program such as WinRAR or WinZip [get WinRAR])
4. run Minecraft, and you should be able to play the map just fine (possibly after a short conversion process)
If you want to play multiplayer on the map, the process is more or less the same, but you place the map file in a different location. If you do in fact have a beta server set up, or your friend does, you need to:
1. Extract the map .zip to the folder containing the server files, making sure that all the files that were in the .zip now are inside a new, normal folder.
2. Go into server.properties and make "level-name" what you want the map to be called.
3. Rename the folder containing the map files so that it matches what you set for "level-name".
4. Start the server. If the map is one that was created for an older version of Beta, it will go through a short conversion process.
Note: There's a really annoying bug that sometimes occurs when playing custom maps on a beta server, where the spawn point for players is in a totally different place from where it ought to be. I ended up spawning on the roof of a tower in the Four Towers map, right next to a monster spawner, and my friend kept spawning in the middle of the air, right above a lava pit. However, this doesn't always happen, so the best of luck to you!
I hope this helps!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.