I'm trying to start a minecraft server for single player so that my friend and I can play together. However, although I'm following the directions perfectly from this video: im running into a problem when I type the default gateway ip into the search bar of google chrome. I have AT&T uverse, and talked to the tech support, but they led me to here since he didn't know what port to open. So this is the error I get when I put the IP into the search bar...(Image). Hoping someone might know a way around this, but apparently these are the steps:
1. Open your browser.
2. Type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.
3. Click firewall tab.
4. Click NAT/GAMING.
5. Enter access code. ( should be located on side of your unit.)
6. Press custom service tab.
7. Choose any custom name in the "Service Name" box.
8. Type 25565 in the "Global Port Range" both boxes.
9. Leave "Base Host Port" blank.
10. In "Protocol" select TCP/UDP if not already selected.
11. Click "ADD" button.
12. Click "NAT/GAMING" button
13. There should be a star next to your new application in the "Service" Tab.
14. Then choose your device/computer that Mine Craft will be running on, in the "DEVICE" box.
15. Press "ADD" button
16. Thats it, but if you have a second computer that you would like to run "Mine Craft" on you will need to continue.
17. Press "CUSTOM SERVICES" again located under "MANAGE CUSTOM SERVICES."
18. Choose any custom name in the "Service Name" box, again.
19. This time type 25567 (or any open port you like thats open) in the "Global Port Range" both boxes.
20. Leave "Base Host Port" blank again.
21. In "Protocol" select TCP/UDP again.
22. Again Click "ADD" button.
23. Again Click "NAT/GAMING" button
24. Your new app will have a star in "SERVICE" tab
25. Then again choose your device/computer that Mine Craft will be running on, in the "DEVICE" box.
26. Press "ADD" button
27. Make sure that you change your Port number on your mine craft server on your second computer to 25567 (or whatever port you chose)
TLDR; port forward not working, default gate way IP not leading where it should, and I can't open the server.