I am quitting modding.
Well, sort of. (But the title got your attention, right?)
I am quitting this modding.
Once upon a time, I said that I would always keep every mod up-to-date with the current Minecraft version, and for the last 4 years I've done that. Well, the time has come for mods to update to 1.8.9 and/or 1.9, or to be left behind, and I am choosing to leave most of them behind.
I had hoped that the modded Minecraft community would stay on 1.7.10, but that is not happening.
This list is not final. Feel free to try and change my mind.
- Advanced Machines: Discontinued - appears to no longer thematically fit into current IC2. Might be revived for IC2 Classic.
- Advanced Repulsion Systems: Discontinued - appears to no longer thematically fit into any current packs.
- AutoFood: Discontinued - one-off mod for Agrarian Skies.
- Cloud Storage: Discontinued - experimental and incomplete.
- Connected Glass: Discontinued - most likely impossible in the new rendering system, and removal will not break worlds.
- Dimensional Anchors: Will be updated.
- Immibis Core: Unknown future - but you shouldn't care anyway.
- Immibis's Macroblocks: Unknown future.
- Immibis's Microblocks: Unknown future - MCMultipart will have its own microblocks mod, but there is a slim chance this could be that mod.
- Immibis's Peripherals: Will be updated.
- InfiView: Discontinued - experimental and incomplete.
- InfiniTubes: Unknown future - To my knowledge very few people use this. Please reply if you want it to be updated.
- Liquid XP: Probably discontinued - Since its inception, other mods have replicated Liquid XP in more attractive ways (not better or worse ways, just ways that make people want to use them). Please reply if you want this to be updated.
- RedLogic: Unknown future - I know some people prefer having a lighter-weight alternative is Project:Red.
- Simple Recycling: Discontinued - This was always specific to the 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 ecosystem. It might still be revived later.
- TinyCarts: Discontinued - experimental and incomplete.
- TubeStuff: Discontinued - This has been obsolete for a very long time. Are there any features people still want?
This is not because I don't have time; it's because I don't have motivation.
Let me remind you that all of my mod downloads have always included source code, and they use the MIT license. So you can continue my mods if you want. I'm also not ruling out more modding in the future.
It's been a fun journey. So long, and thanks for all the fish.