Oh thank you so much for this. I absolutely cannot stand the new combat.
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years
Last active Mon, Jun, 14 2021 23:27:15
- 0 Followers
- 154 Total Posts
- 20 Thanks
Jan 24, 2018gooblaster posted a message on Classic Combat v1.0.0 [MC 1.10.2 | 1.9.4] - Get rid of the Combat Update!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 1, 2018Posted in: WIP Mods
Okay, so after extensive messing about, I found out that minecraft had run out of potion ids to lease out and I guess witchery's potion id related to sleeping not existing was causing the crash. Managed to fix it by installing Extended Potions. Guess one of the mods I added rolled it over the limit. Thanks for your help, anyways!
Jan 7, 2015Something I'd really like is having nodes really affect the area around them, whether it's that chunks "aura" or just the region around a node. Say if there's a forest with a lot of earth essentia, and it's completely drained or destroyed, the grass and trees would turn all yellow/brownish like they were dying slowly. I do think Taint needs more content as well, since it's really just a minor annoyance anymore.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 19, 2012gooblaster posted a message on -\| Colliding Fate /|- [RP] [Custom map] [Custom plugins] [Website Integration] [Original Lore] [Expansions] [And much more!]Posted in: PC ServersQuote from echuck
was doing that as you speak XD
this is my 300th post
- To post a comment, please login.
Feb 18, 2015BobMowzie posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.14: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mowzie's Mobs adds a variety of fictional creatures to Minecraft, priding itself in unique AI, environmental and atmospheric appropriateness, and standard-setting animations.
(FOHL-ee-ayth or fohl-I-ath)
These jungle-lurking plant monsters want nothing more than to eat anything that moves! They may seem like ordinary ferns, but they'll emerge if you come close. You can't get close enough to strike them, so find some other way of killing them! They drop foliaath seeds.
To grow a foliaath, obtain a seed and plant it by right clicking on grass or dirt. Every half-day for two days, feed the baby foliaath by tossing it a meat item. Then, it will emerge as a fully grown foliaath. Be careful: grown foliaaths aren't tamed and will still attack you!
Lost underground many years ago, these heavily armored knights are not men nor are they statues. Are they guarding something? They have forgotten what. Are they waiting for something? They have forgotten when. Are they mourning someone? They have forgotten whom. All they know is to slay those who approach their chambers. There is only one way to damage a Ferrous Wroughtnaut; its weakness is for you to discover.
Only the bravest of adventurers would dare to challenge a Ferrous Wroughtnaut. Upon defeat, the Wroughtnaut will drop its Wrought Helm and its Axe of a Thousand Metals for the victor. Right clicking with the axe attacks in a large arc, and shift-right clicking will create a shockwave that brings targets closer to you. Neither tool can break.
Native to the savanna, the Barakoa tribesmen travel in small hunting packs. They are one with the masks on their heads, which cannot be removed. Some use bones as clubs as weapons while others use poisoned blowdarts. Each hunting pack is led by a Barakoana elite, wielding a traditional spear and shield. The Barakoa make traversing the savanna quite dangerous, as they can surround their prey quickly and put up a good chase.
When defeated, the Barakoa will sometimes drop their masks as items that the player can wear. Each mask bestows a different, small buff.
Barakoa can also be found in villages scattered across the savanna plain.
Barako, the Sun Chief
Barako is the chief of the Barakoa tribe, residing in a stationary seat upon a throne in Barakoa villages. He draws his power from the sun, calling forth sunstrikes, solar flares, and massive solar beams. He can also create Barakoa followers from masks to defend him during combat. As such, his masked children revere him as a god. Unequipped travelers should keep their distance from his villages, lest they be smitten by his heliomancy.
Those strong enough to face and defeat him, however, are rewarded with his mask: the Sol Visage. This mask allows its wearers to breathe life into masks to create Barakoa followers. Unfortunately, the mask does not bestow heliomancy upon its bearer; this power is innately carried by Barako, and thus dies with him. Perhaps there is another way...?
Frostmaws are dangerous beasts found rarely in snowy areas. Their massive size, impressive speed, and powerful ice breath make them near-impossible opponents. If, on your travels, you encounter one sleeping in your path, it's likely best to take a different route and let it lay. The beast guards a precious ice crystal that can unleash pure winter energy when wielded.
These adorable crystal crustaceans live deep underground in caves and ravines. Sometimes called “living ore,” Grottols are prized as a rare source of diamonds. But only the quickest of adventurers can manage to catch them before they burrow away; grottols are very fast and surprisingly clever, even using minecarts to escape pursuers. Keep in mind that only iron or stronger pickaxes can penetrate their diamond shells.
Lanterns dot the canopy of roofed forests, glowing like jellyfish. Some cultures believe that these creatures contain the souls of the recently deceased. Others wish on them like stars. Adventurers, however, know that the luminous jelly inside lanterns is a great light snack that will briefly illuminate the darkest of nights.
Coastal cliffs are dangerous places. Adventurers tell of winged serpents called nagas with impressive speed and menacing acid venom. Though these drakes are powerful, a well-placed arrow can knock a naga right out of the sky; time your shots to hit when the naga is preparing an attack.
Naga acid is deadly, but can actually be used to neutralize other poisons. The fangs they drop upon death can be used to brew poison antidotes and preventatives.
By The Diamond MinecartBy ANTONIcra (Spanish)
Mobs:Strongholder - Floating gauntlet that grabs, pounds, and swats to attack. Floats eerily through stronghold tunnels, maybe passing through walls.
Phoben - Fear spirit that spawns in roofed forests. Wields fear magic, a lantern, and a long, darkness-infused blade called Ej. Fighting the phoben will involve carefully but quickly deciding when to strike and when to block.
The Sculptor - A simian guru that can be found meditating on mountaintops. He will challenge players to complete obstacle courses made of floating rocks. Those who pass this test are granted the ability to wield powerful earth magic.
Forest Dryad - Will grant players her magic pan flute in exchange for the Phoben's lantern as thanks for defending the forest.
Stalkers - Rival tribe of the Barakoa. Jungle pack hunters that lurk in the canopy before leaping down on their prey. Their simian features, ornamented headdresses, long claws, and glowing red eyes strike fear into their prey.
Nimbus Drakes - Flying serpents with clouds billowing from its head and wings. The clouds turn grey before the drake unleashes its lightning attacks. It circles an egg in a nest on the top of its mountain, which can be claimed and hatched by the player who defeats the mother.
The Winter Order - A league of cryomancers residing in a frozen citadel.
Large, scary insects in swamps, maybe large, scary frog-things to go with them
Anglerfish-like deep sea monster
Ents that can be created from trees using an item.
Golems that can be created from Geomancy boulders.
Snake Charmer - Humanoid desert boss that spawns in a temple structure. He can summon snake spirits by playing his flute, and can transform into a moving painting on the wall to dodge attacks and move across the room.
Just a plain dragon. I'd like to try my hand at this timeless monster concept.
I'd like to add at least one mob for each of Minecraft's environments, and I do like suggestions! BUT I'm very picky about what I work on. Only suggest your mob if you can imagine players thinking, "I can't believe I ever played Minecraft without this in my game!". I will not add monsters from existing franchises or mythologies, or just giant versions of real animals. No griefing or one-hit-kill moves.
Sphax textures by Phazanor
Open policy on the condition that you let me know through PM or comment.
Some sounds edited from:
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
Pokken Tournament DX
Very special thanks to RafaMV for his collaboration on animation tools.
Oct 27, 2014MamiyaOtaru posted a message on VoxelMap [1.16.1 to 1.7.10] - a minimap and worldmapPosted in: Minecraft Mods
If you would like updates to continue, please offer me some support: https://www.patreon.com/MamiyaOtaru
Minimap that also has a scrollable, zoomable world map (access with hotkey 'm'). Click and drag with the mouse, mousewheel to zoom. Right click to manage waypoints and stuff. View the entire single player world, or anywhere you have already visited in a multiplayer world (might be a bit funky with multiverse servers).
download here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/voxelmap/files
1.14-1.16 requires Fabric. Get the launcher installer here: https://fabricmc.net/use/ and get the api here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fabric/files
NEW: Forge version for 1.12.2, 1.13.2, 1.14.4, 1.15.2 and 1.16.1. Installs like any Forge mod. Somewhat experimental. Missing a tiny feature or two.
1.13 requires Rift. Get it here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/rift
1.13.2 requires Chocohead's Rift release for 1.13.2. Get it here: https://jitpack.io/com/github/Chocohead/Rift/jitpack-d6893ec777-1/Rift-jitpack-d6893ec777-1.jar
1.12.2 and below require Liteloader. Get it here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1290155-liteloader-for-minecraft-1-7-10 Make sure you get a version that goes with your version of Minecraft.
To install on 1.14+
- Install Fabric
- put the fabric-api jar in your mods folder
- put the voxelmap jar file in your minecraft /mods folder
- launch minecraft with the Fabric profile
To install on 1.13
- install Rift.
- put the voxelmap riftmod .jar file in your minecraft /mods folder
- launch Minecraft with the Rift profile
To install on 1.12.2 and below:
- install Liteloader. Follow the instructions in its thread.
- put the voxelmap .litemod file in your minecraft /mods folder
- launch Minecraft with the liteloader profile
Supported languages shown in green on the map image (or red, if that language is a bit out of date). Feel free to submit new (or updated) .lang files here
update log:1.10.6 (and 1.9.26 for MC 1.12 - 1.15)
- config file moved to /config folder. Cache and waypoint data moved out of /mods to /voxelmap folder
- fix for world map data not saving on exit
- support for 512x resource packs (assuming Minecraft itself can handle them)
- fix for entities in minecarts/boats or on non living entities being rendered too high
- world map cache memory usage reduced ~25%
- VoxelMap can now handle more than 65536 unique blockstates (basically unlimited)
- fix bug causing duplicates of waypoints
- fix for donkey, mule, and zombie/skeleton horse icons
- Forge release for 1.16.1
- Can use non-roman characters in waypoint names. (fix to ensure waypoints file is stored with unicode encoding)
- fix for icons for unknown mobs with non standard models (seems to also fix some icons showing as black squares)
- fix player names on the minimap with high definition resource packs
- initial release for 1.16
- Redone much of the icon system to better reflect the shape of mobs. Mobs that use a second layer aren't necessarily all simple rectangles now
- various things to get ready for 1.16, like being able to have multiple dimensions with the same dimension type
- big UI refactor
- radar icons no longer occasionally flash when new ones are loaded
- fixed possible miscoloration of some radar icons
- blocks with custom models worn on heads are more accurate
- on the map, sky color shows now (instead of being black all the time)
- upper slabs and staircases etc correctly show up as non transparent blocks on minimap
- Sheep colors (all of them *cough jeb_*)
- Smoother minimap motion when player is moving at high speed (lerping all the things)
- fix for squaremap transparency stencil not working correctly with minimap rotation on (primarily of use to resource pack authors)
- fix for radar being unable to be turned back on after turning it off (1.12)
- updated packed mixin library (1.12)
- minimize lighting glitches on the world map when teleporting etc.
- villager icons show different villagers again
- horse icons show patterns again (and armor) (1.16)
- radar icons crisper (1.16)
- made compatible with MCPatcher style colormaps in grid layout (fixes yet another some-blocks-turn-grey bug)
- initial upload for 1.16 snapshot (fabric version)
- initial upload for 1.15.2 (forge version)
- fix for grass turning grey on the map when user encounters snow
- fix for mob heads as helmets not showing on the radar
- fix NESW directions text being partially occluded by the minimap
- fix biome names not showing on the fullscreen map
- 1.9.13 apparently was just getting this working on Minecraft 1.15 final dunno
- Fix for rare issue where a block (most commonly grass, sand, snow) would show as the wrong color until restarting Minecraft
- Much more efficient and safe loading of areas that had been previously explored, but not recorded by VoxelMap (Singleplayer only - loading the info from Minecraft's save format)
- (Forge) Fix for movement keys on the world map being unresponsive
- fix for crash when around PigZombies in 1.14.3
- worldmap loads uncached (by VoxelMap) areas from local storage again (SP only)
- can now edit world names in the multiworld screen again
- fixed option sliders not letting go of mouse if it is released when not above the slider
- fix possible crash when looking directly at a waypoint immediately on spawning
- brought back filtering (blur) option (off by default)
- fix bug that prevented connecting to Forge servers (Forge versions 1.13.2+)
- minimap size settings greater than 'Large' now restored on restart
- updated Japanese translation (1.13.2+)
- fixed the unicode language files
- Worldmap less likely to store data for incompletely loaded chunks
- Worldmap more responsive to settings changes
- Fix for redstone losing color in non-live sections of the worldmap
- updated Chinese translation
- fix bug where farmland and paths weren't registering for the opacity based heightmap. This allows wheat, carrots, etc. to show on the map again. Huge thanks to Barteks2x
- fixed being unable to save waypoints in the end
- fix for importing old waypoints from the nether and the end
- Much better at picking up surrounding chunks for the world map (on par with pre-1.14 releases)
- More robust world matcher for multiverse servers
- Ensure world map data saves successfully when the client is closed without first leaving a world/server
- fix bug loading some optifine color properties
- fix opengl error spam when minecraft window is minimized
- fix minimap being black on some hardware (eg macbooks)
- fix crash on rapidly disconnecting from a server after connecting
- allow mobs with spaces in the name to be disabled in the radar's mob list screen
- move map down farther to make room for second line status icons. Also don't move map for status effects that don't show an icon
- partial fix for mapping in The End
- extra size options for the minimap
- Fix for nether in the world map showing junk and not correctly showing solid areas
- Let player specify the name of a realms server for waypoint and map storage
- much better handling of LAN servers
- fixed welcome message being unreadable
- made possible to enter world seed again
- fixed player icons in the player select screen
- don't draw empty chunks onto the world map
- fixed tab ordering of all UI elements
- added color for bamboo biome on biome overlay
- initial release for 1.14, 1.14.1 and 1.14.2
- removed blurriness from minimap and world map (will backport this to 1.13 and 1.12 probably)
- initial release for 1.13.2
- fix for not being able to enter new world names in multiworld selections creen
- new rotating square map option (like xaero's)
- new optional simpler radar mode (like journey map's)
- fix for grass appearing grey on the map with optifine installed
- fix regression with world map using too much memory (compression had been off)
- fix bug preventing icons from refreshing with new resourcepacks (or when toggling outlines)
- more accurate stray and drowned icons in the event of hat layers
- fix for movement keys being set back to default when opening the world map
- ready for update aquatic!
- all new mobs added. Tropical fish icons reflect their full diversity
- now shows underwater plants and transparent blocks
- some biome colors tweaked so you can see the border between them when the biome overlay is enabled
- added optional keybind for toggling in-game waypoints
- turning off coordinate display on the minimap also turns it off on the worldmap
- red lines when grid view is on now reflect Minecraft regions (instead of quarter regions)
- fixed voxelmap menus to work with touchscreen (and touchpad)
- fixed CTM overlay methods sometimes making blocks appear black on the map
- redid CTM support to handle new numberless specifications using block and tile names, and descriptive metadata
- fix for randomobs with newer versions of optifine
- fixed up icons for aether legacy and aether 2
- sky color (on the map) fix when betweenlands is running
- new generic hostile/neutral/tamed icons for when a custom icon can't be built (replaces the colored squares with ? marks)
- released for 1.12.2
- fix so mob icons rotate smoothly when player is in a turning boat
- updated Chinese translations (traditional and simplified) by oldmiow
- initial release for 1.12.1
- new Minecraft themed waypoint icons (temple, pickaxe, wheat, etc)
- /ztp waypointName command works in multiplayer too now (requires /tp or /tppos permission)
- block key stored with persistent world map data, preparation for Minecraft 1.13 (1.8 and up)
- 1.9 and up fix for optifine CTM method overlay, could cause blocks to appear black on map (Sphax BDCraft for example)
- 1.10 and up fixed polar bear icon
- 1.11.2 and up re-added some Twilight Forest icons now that mod is resurrected
- 1.12 fixed parrot icon
- 1.12 added Illusioner icon
- Fix for possible periodic flash with the radar turned on (when failing to create mob icon). Prevented flash; also won't continue to try to make that mob's icon
- Map can use custom icons (in resource pack etc) for built-in mobs too now
- initial release for 1.12
- fixed nether waypoint icons on the worldmap
- trimmed llama icon (1.11+)
- fixed possible crash with Minecraft-Flux (1.11.2)
- fix for guardian elders (1.11+)
- fix for players or mobs wearing plain Steve skull (crash fix for 1.8.9 and below, just visual otherwise)
- screens with filters (waypoints, mob select and player select) start with those filters focused. IE you can open the waypoint list and start typing
- support for a lower res background map that shows the whole server (not just areas players have explored) if it is included in a server resource pack (or elsewhere)
- new keybind: toggle in-game waypoints on/off (unbound by default)
- slime chunks (and option to enter server's seed, if you know it. Otherwise SP only)
- click coordinates in worldmap to enter your own, the worldmap will jump to them
- waypoint view distance affects minimap as well as in game
- spectators can see other spectators on the minimap
- minimap hides with f3
- when in the top right corner the minimap moves out of the way of potion effect icons (doesn't apply to 1.8.9 and below)
- fixed world map zoom not centering on cursor on really HD displays
- initial release for 1.11.2
- 1.11 and up get new old north functionality: toggling Old North on ( for those old alpha/beta maps) actually moves the sun/moon to their original location as well as rotating the map 90 degrees
- fix for hand rendering transparent if in-game waypoints are set to beacon only (fix needed for 1.9.0 and up only)
- fix for freeze in the world map with biome overlay and old north on
- fix unreadable coordinate text for users with unicode font on smaller window sizes
- fix for multiworld automatic world matcher breaking if too many areas went from water to dry
- radar correctly shows blocks on head that have a different model as an item than as a block (1.8 and up)
- artifacts around radar icons after changing resource packs
- tooltip showing when it shouldn't on the player selection screen (for sending waypoints)
- wearing player heads shows correctly on radar
- fix shulker icon
- fix vex icon
- fix for possible corruption around the edges of icons when switching texture packs
- players wearing other players skulls now show the other player's face on the minimap (instead of steve)
- slightly better handling of multiworld recognition for skyworlds
- fix for tooltips displaying when they shouldn't on the player selection (for waypoint sharing) screen
- this version released for Minecraft 1.11 too
- initial release for 1.10.0
- can toggle map off with map menu key (like the inventory screen). Also fixes bug where pressing map menu key while map was open would cause it to open again immediately when it closed
- zooming map with mousewheel doesn't scroll through inventory slots (1.7 and 1.8)
- fix broken waypoint loading (losing capitalization from names, custom icons reverting to default)
- fix broken automatic multiworld detection
- 1.9+ only hotfix: fix to allow world map panning with movement keys when Forge is installed
- fix waypoint share to allow names with unicode and punctuation
- fix crash in worldmap when movement/sprint keys were bound to unicode chars
- fix for possible crash with resourcepacks with enormous font images
- show in world icon for disabled waypoint if it is highlighted
- shared waypoint tooltip translated
- greatly reduce chance of a rare ConcurrentModificationException crash (and eliminated entirely in 1.9+)
- fixed display of helmets added by Forge mods (1.8+)
- fix color reading with optifine shaders enabled
- fix for showing flowing water from Streams mod
- better handling of liquid in general - fix possible purple water bug - (1.9+)
- LMM Mod support, possibly
- mipmapped 0.25 zoom level on minimap, much better looking (1.8+)
- better CTM parsing (1.8+)
- CTM fix for some blocks not loading (1.9+)
- fix for resource packs with really HD fonts not showing player names on minimap (now in versions below 1.9.4 as well)
- filter added to mob show/hide selection screen (now in versions below 1.9.4 as well)
- better occlusion of distant in-game waypoints by far away terrain (now in versions below 1.9.4 as well)
- initial release for Minecraft 1.9.4. Some changes that will also make their way into VoxelMap for older versions of Minecraft eventually
- fix for resource packs with really HD fonts not showing player names on minimap
- filter added to mob show/hide selection screen
- better occlusion of distant in-game waypoints by far away terrain
- fix zombie villager icon
- fix optifine randomobs support
- bugfix: couldn't mouseover waypoints in the nether
- added hotkey to go straight to the waypoint menu
- in-game waypoint signs changed from name+distance to icon (name+distance shown on mouseover)
- highlighted waypoint/coordinate shows up in-game
- fix crash when right clicking on unloaded region in the world map
- better handling for barrier blocks (1.8 and 1.9)
- better handling of waypoint transparency, especially with water (1.9)
- added ability to share waypoints and coordinates with other users of VoxelMap and JourneyMap. Right click on world map, or from the waypoints list
- Polished the highlight waypoint interface (more obvious how to remove highlights)
- bugfix: prevent crash when a player wears an enderdragon head (1.9)
- search for waypoints on the waypoints screen (like creative inventory search)
- highlight specific waypoint or spot on the world map (can make a waypoint easier to find if there are hundreds)
- 1.9 only hotfix: fix for liquids showing as purple with Forge running
- 1.9 only hotfix: fix for junk characters in chat wherever a color code was used
- initial release for 1.9
- switch from using transformers to mixins (safer)
- Fix being unable to hide/show waypoints or mob types by clicking on the eyeball icon in the list view
- re-add a bunch of icons and icon hints for mobs from various mods
- initial release for 1.8.9. get Liteloader for 1.8.9 here: http://jenkins.liteloader.com/view/1.8.9/job/LiteLoaderInstaller 1.8.9/
- for 1.7.10: don't allow unicode characters on the controls configuration screen (like Minecraft itself), preventing a crash when attempting to save invalid (for 1.7.10) characters
- for 1.8: fix so unicode characters chosen as inputs in the controls screen are successfully saved and restored
- fix for mooshroom and spider jockey icons
- less likely to hit out of memory errors
- 1.8 only hotfix: fix for mods' mob icons and icons for blocks worn on player/mob heads being broken with shaders mod installed
- allow voxelmap keys to be bound to mouse buttons (and have them remembered on next load)
- fix for crash when cached data has a no longer valid biomeID
- biome labels on the world map (calculated, and displayed, only after visible regions finish loading)
- the end dimension persistent map can now show structures above y level 90
- regions created with invalid metadata (from before 1.8) will now load in the persistent map in 1.8
- setting worldmap max zoom to 32x remembered for next session (previously reset to 16x)
- uses less direct buffer memory, fix for an occasional crash on initialization (for users whose direct buffer memory was all used)
- fix for rare crash on initialization in the font renderer (NPE)
- slight reduction in memory and storage space for underground dimensions (10 percent-ish)
- fix for invalid coordinate values causing a crash in the new/edit waypoint screen ("done" button greys out as intended with invalid values)
- fix so the map doesn't stop updating when the player is above the build limit (1.8)
- can edit and delete world names for multiworld servers (instead of just choosing one or adding a new one)
- world map: right click works with touchscreens
- world map: underground transparent blocks and liquids don't become invisible if unlit - affected nether-like dimensions
- world map: remove spurious biome tinting for spruce and birch leaves (1.8)
- world map: fix for possible null pointer exception in world selection screen
- world map: mipmapping so zooming extra far out looks better
- radar: helmets with custom models not drawn too large
- radar: more than one icon for mobs from mods and more than one block-as-helmet icon can be created per tick (AMD/Intel), or can be made at all (nVidia) (1.8)
- fix for crash when clicking very right or very bottom of color selector
- fix for crash when running in 1.7.10 after running in 1.8 and having a zoom level unsupported by 1.7.10 (1.7)
- automatically detect multiworld server (without the user manually specifying that it is one, though that's still possible) when switching between two worlds with the same dimension
- multiworld button will flash when attention is needed (multiworld server with the current world as yet unrecognized)
- best effort fix for player icon on worldmap not reflecting player's skin occasionally on first open, or showing as a white square for some players
- more consistent at showing newly explored areas on next opening of the worldmap
- don't save bad data (fix possible corruption of saved map region data)
- possible fix for padding error on in game waypoint text display (1.7)
- show server name instead of address on world map screen (fix for streamers)
- don't freak out when player presses map key while holding a movement key (that would formerly attempt to display an area very far away that was most likely blank, and possibly crash)
- old north setting now applies to world map as well
- old north setting remembered per world, defaults to off (for all those old pre-beta worlds before notch changed the direction of the sun. Set it once for them and it will be remembered)
- partial fix for switching into cavemode when riding a minecart on a slope (1.8). You can sometimes see the sky dim near the horizon when you are riding a cart. This is because Minecraft thinks you are underground; it's a Minecraft bug
- correctly display blocks worn on head when the blocks use a custom .json model (1.8) - see http://chattypics.com/files/blockModelsOnHead_iyt35w8cqx.jpg
- greatly reduce the chance of a ConcurrentModificationError when encountering a resource pack that has a badly formed .mcmeta file for a texture, ie successfully fail and don't keep trying (1.8)
- fix so worldmap is able to determine correct multiworld when first re-joining a server (1.7)
- improved multiworld support. VoxelMap now automatically recognizes previously visited (and labeled) worlds, as long as they haven't changed too much. If the user has stated that a server is multiworld, and a world is not recognized (either the first visit, or it has changed a lot) a message in chat will state that it is an unknown world, and remind the player to manually select the world in the multiworld screen
- manually select which world you are in on multiworld servers that don't communicate with the client via world_info/journeymapServer/voxelPlayer plugins. Credit to cubic72 for the selection screen
- configurable zoom levels. zoom out 4 times as far as before, if your memory can handle it
- configurable in memory region cache size. again, if memory can handle it, increasing the size of the cache makes regions less likely to unload (to reload later) as you pan around
- now cache map data on disk for singleplayer worlds too instead of creating from scratch every time from the anvil files (mostly because loading from the voxelmap disk cache is twice as fast)
- fix for crash when opening the worldmap with coloredLights mod installed
- performance improvement: empty regions do not count towards the region pool size. Loading an empty region will never cause a non-empty region to unload (saving having to possibly re-load it later). Empty regions also use no memory now
- teleport in Nether works much better. Tp will go to the surface the world map knows about. If no surface at that X/Z, will check above and below to find one (everywhere for SP, loaded chunks for MP). If none found, TP not allowed so you don't end up inside a wall
- player icons reflect whether the player has his hat layer turned off
- waypoint icons in icon selector sorted alphabetically
- loaded regions use much less memory, which means, for the same usage, you can now
- zoom out twice as far on the world map
- world map loads much faster. If you scroll faster than it can load, it skips to your current location instead of making you wait for everything to catch up. Regions that have gone off the screen before they could render because you scrolled so fast are now removed from the queue
- keyboard controls for the world map. up/right/left/down to pan, crouch/jump to zoom in/out. hold sprint key to pan faster
- bugfix for zombie villager and spider jockey helmets rendering too large
- add support for CustomNPCs mod
- player icon on worldmap now works when radar is turned off
- small scale skull icon fixed
- keep openGL stack consistent when attempt to automatically create an icon for an unknown mob type fails
- add support for Colored Lights mod
- custom mob icons can be created with a text .properties file, allowing them to use the current resource pack (and saving space over .png custom icons)
- fix for teleport to waypoint sometimes trying to teleport to the coordinates of a waypoint in a different dimension
- fixes for compatibility with shaders mod (roundmap stenciling, blurred text on worldmap UI)
- more consistent getting the name from multiverse servers with the requisite plugins
- zooming in world map much more consistent with low framerates
- handle resource packs included with saves
- handle launchers that connect the client directly to a server
- handle resource pack waypoint icons with different sizes
- waypoints created with a now missing image will show as the default instead of not at all
- lot of CTM and custom color map fixes, which improve support for some complex resource packs that rely on MCPatcher or Optifine
- configurable waypoint icons. Add your own! Either put in the .litemod file with the rest, or create a resource pack with new icons like /assets/voxelmap/images/waypoints/waypointNAME.png
- Internally, using sprite sheets now instead of individual small images. The speed boost is actually rather minimal but it is there, particularly on busy servers with a ton of players and their names being rendered.
- Also persistent map backported to 1.7.10
Apr 18, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
** Disclaimer: CurseForge.com and forgecdn.net are the current official locations to obtain this mod. Files obtained elsewhere were uploaded without permission from iPixeli. It is possible that files and mod packs obtained from other locations or means are not genuine and have been altered or tampered with. **
About - This mod has been around since April of 2011!
This mod adds player ages and genders that have their own hurt sounds, models and textures. Zombies also have genders and textures based on the zombie's age and gender combination. Use this on your server to synchronize all the settings for each player across all connected clients!
Player Genders - Males: Just like normal Minecraft, but with the old hurt sounds!
Player Genders - Females: Are slightly smaller than males, have their own default texture and have their own hurt sound.
Player Genders - Other:
Can be used as more gender-less or non-binary option. Like other
genders, this has a default texture unique to this option. Players can
choose their model.
Player Ages - Children: Are smaller, have their own default texture based on gender and age, and have a higher pitched hurt sound.
Player Textures: When player doesn't have a set skin, a default texture is used. Textures are based on the age and gender combination.
Zombie Genders: There are occasional female zombies.
Zombie Textures: Textures are based on the zombie's age and gender combination.
Gender uses core modding to directly modify Minecraft code before the game runs
Download from CurseForge: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/gender
** Disclaimer: CurseForge.com and forgecdn.net are the current official locations to obtain this mod. Files obtained elsewhere were uploaded without permission from iPixeli. It is possible that files and mod packs obtained from other locations or means are not genuine and have been altered or tampered with. **
1) Install MinecraftForge
2) Put a the .jar file into the mods folder (see locations below).
3) If you have a .zip file, extract file into the mods folder
Minecraft Folder Locations:
• Windows: /AppData/Roaming/.minecraft
• Mac: Home -> Library -> Application Support -> Minecraft
• Linux: ~/.minecraft
How to use: Press G for the mod main menu
How to set Hotkey: While in game, press Esc, Click Options, Click Controls
• Can I use this mod in a video?
Yes. Please link back to this page: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/gender/
• Can I put this mod in a ModPack?
Yes. Please see the README file included inside the download file.
• Can I host the mod file on my website / server / online so others can download it?
• Will other users of the mod see the mod features even though the server does not have it installed?
In order to see the effects this mod adds, you only need the client installed. When installed on a server, profile settings of all clients will be send to connected players.
• Does this mod require special skins?
The skin you set on your Minecraft Profile is not removed by this mod. If a user has a skin, their skin will show. If a user does not have a skin or the skin cannot be loaded, the default player textures will show based on the player's age and gender.
• Where did you get the idea for this mod?
This is the original mod that adds females/genders children/age into Minecraft. I originally created this mod because I was annoyed at being a male caveman back in April of 2011. You can find more information here.
Since that's a thing people ask
• How can I contact you?
(CurseForge) Private Message
Help & Troubleshooting
• I don't see the model or texture changes
Another mod you have installed may conflict with Gender's core modding. This should not happen. Gender uses core modding to inject it's hooks into Mojang code before Minecraft starts. If another mod has replaced or removed specific things in the code, there may be issues. Should this occur, it's likely that Gender isn't the only incompatibility that the other mod has. All modders should use it sparingly and inject code instead of replace code to maintain mod compatibility.
• Helpful Info
Please press 'G' (default key) to open the Gender menu. Then click on the button that looks like a book with a question mark. This will bring you to a screen that has information helpful for troubleshooting. When sending me a message, you may also want to list the other mods you have installed as one of them could be causing the problem.
• Report Issue:
(CurseForge) Private Message or (CurseForge) Issue Tracker
Information for Texture Pack & Mod Pack Creators
Mod Files Directory:
jjw123FTB (twitter.com) - the only one with my permission to continue this mod should I ever stop
Proloe (minecraftforum.net) - for the female adult texture
WednesdayLaw (minecraftforum.net) - for the female sound file
thecheeseman (freesound.org) - for the male sound file
The MCP team (modcoderpack.com) - for the Minecraft Coder Pack
The Minecraft Forge team (minecraftforge.net) - for Minecraft Forge
Jan 10, 2015sinkillerj posted a message on ProjectE - Equivalent Exchange 2 (EE2) for modern Minecraft versionsPosted in: Minecraft Mods
What is it?
A complete rewrite of EE2 (Equivalent Exchange 2) for modern Minecraft versions. Transmutation tables, collectors, condensers, flying rings, and all the other trinkets you love are here.
Discover powerful alchemical tools, items, and devices. Break down unwanted items into EMC (Energy-Matter Covalence) and use that EMC to create new items.
Please note that this thread is no longer updated. For updates on ProjectE and my other projects please visit: https://twitter.com/sinkillerj
Where can I download it?
Feb 1, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
this mod introduces real flowing rivers, with a true current, to Minecraft. These rivers are generated in the world using custom non-decaying flowing blocks and are much larger than anything the player could create using buckets. They originate in multiple sources and flow down the terrain through slopes and waterfalls, joining together into wider rivers until they reach the sea (or the old-style sea-level static rivers, if those exist in your world).
Keep in mind this is still an alpha release. Rivers are fairly short and don't always appear in ideal places, but this will improve in time. Please see the FAQ section below for explanations of various known issues, including tips on finding a river. Let me know of any other bugs you encounter or suggestions you may have.
Note: the vanilla Minecraft terrain generator has low average altitudes, which makes for rather flat rivers. For best results, consider using a custom terrain generator capable of higher average elevations, such as RTG (see Mod Compatibility, below).
Here's a sample picture from version 0.2, featuring the new underground river tunnels:
(Taken using 1.7.10-0.2 seed -7776677084945245050 at coordinates 350 83 265)
Here's a sample picture from versions 0.1.x which featured canyons instead of tunnels:
(Taken using 1.7.10-0.1.x seed -7106934795561659154 at coordinates -166 80 356)
And here's another picture from versions 0.1.x, with shaders. (To enable shaders with Streams blocks, read the FAQ below)
(Taken using 1.7.10-0.1.x seed 395372788128706985 at coordinates 428 66 166)
Here is a mod showcase by Lextube:
Also check out ThnxCya's Villager Boat Race Challenge!
(Note that both videos above were created in versions 0.1.x, and thus feature canyons instead of tunnels.)
Want to know more? You can find some insights about Streams in this mod review by TeronRedoran.
- If you don't already have a compatible version of Forge, go to the Forge download page and get a compatible "Installer" version. Then run the installer and choose "Install Client".
- Download both Streams and Farseek from the boxes below and place them in the "mods" subdirectory of the Minecraft install. (On Windows, that's %APPDATA%/.minecraft/mods.) If upgrading from an earlier version, make sure to delete the old jars.
- Run the Minecraft launcher and select a compatible Forge profile. Click "Play". To confirm that the mod was properly loaded, click Mods on the main Minecraft menu and look for it in the list.
Streams/Farseek 1.12 for Minecraft 1.12/1.12.2
Streams/Farseek 1.7.10 for Minecraft 1.7.10
Streams should be compatible out-of-the-box with most custom terrain generators. It was confirmed to work with these mods:
- TerraFirmaCraft (see the dedicated thread)
- Realistic Terrain Generation (RTG)
- Open Terrain Generation (OTG)
- Alternate Terrain Generation (ATG)
- Realistic World Gen (RWG)
- Biomes O' Plenty
However Streams is currently not compatible with these mods:
- Deeper Caves (crashes)
- WTF's Expedition and Krikke's Mod (works sometimes, but each can freeze in combination with various other mods)
Please let me know of your experiences with these or other terrain generators, so I can add them to the list if they work, or look into supporting them otherwise.
- How do I find a river? For a quick demo you can try the seeds and coordinates from the sample pictures. Otherwise besides walking along coastlines, you can use the game log as a shortcut to find rivers. The log file is log/latest.log. (You can also view the console in real time: in the launcher go to "Settings" then turn on "Keep output log when game starts" and use "Filter" at the top left to find "Streams".) Then when you generate a world, look for an entry like "[06:07:42] [Server thread/INFO] [streams]: River at tp -24 67 -161". This gives you the coordinates of a river, and you can copypaste it as a "tp" teleport command if you're in Creative mode. I find that I get a river on initial world load about 25-50% of the time depending on the generator, so if you don't get one just keep trying. (Note: versions of Farseek prior to 2.2 would sometimes log in fml-client-latest.log or other log files).
- How do I make shaders work with the river blocks? Due to shaders using different water blocks configuration, Streams as shipped can only support a subset of shaders at a time. Currently this includes SEUS, BSL, and others. Using Sildur's requires modifying a file in the Streams jar as described here, but this will drop support for BSL. Note even with shaders applied, you might not see the directional current of the blocks. This is because very few shaders display water currents currently, for example SEUS did in 10.1 by overlaying the vanilla moving lines, but it stopped doing so in 11.0. This isn't specific to Streams, if you look at regular vanilla flowing water you'll probably see no current in most shaders, you just know it flows based on looking at the angles of the blocks. This is not something Streams has any control over unfortunately.
- Does this mod replace the existing static rivers? No, the old-style sea-level no-current rivers are still around. In fact you will often see flowing rivers terminating in those.
- Can I get rivers in my existing world? Yes, but it probably won't look good. You'll get a patchwork of incomplete river pieces where new and existing chunks meet. You can still do it if say, you're committed to travel far away from your current location, but the mod will warn you to backup your world before proceeding. Streams won't perform the backup for you so make sure you do it!
- Can I create my own rivers? Not at the moment, as the custom flowing blocks are not available to the player. You can alter the existing ones somewhat by digging the shorelines, the rule being that two river neighbors will combine into a new river block by averaging their currents. However a channel dug away from a river behaves as normal decaying water. Later I might add a special bucket that creates custom flows.
- Can I boat on the rivers? Sure! Give it a try. If you just drift along you shouldn't reach boat-breaking speed.
- Why are my rivers so flat? Because the terrain itself is generally flat. You'll find the best rivers in plateau-like biomes. Try a custom terrain generator like RTG to get more of those.
- Are there any underground rivers? How about rivers of lava in the Nether? Rivers do sometimes form tunnels in recent versions although they don't flow below sea level. Lava and Nether rivers are all planned for an upcoming update.
- Why do I sometimes see rivers crossing each other or sources halfway in mid-air? I haven't found out why but I'm working on fixing those.
- Where is the source code? It is now available on GitHub. Please note that the code is in Scala (not Java) and that most of it will be replaced as part of an upcoming major rewrite.
- May I include this mod in my modpack? You may include this mod and API in a modpack if you provide author credit and a link to this forum thread.
- Will this mod be updated to 1.15+? It will, the mod is currently being re-written for a better experience in 1.15+, including giving players the ability to create their own flowing river blocks. Stay tuned!
- How can I help with the mod? There's many ways! You can give feedback, report bugs, help with profiling performance, post screenshots and videos, etc. All help is greatly appreciated!
Nov 17, 2010DrZhark posted a message on Mo' Creatures - v12.0.0 for Minecraft 1.12.1!! Now Opensource!!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Compatible with Minecraft 1.12.1
This Mod adds more creatures to the game.
Mo'Creatures is now open source! You can access the source code at https://github.com/DrZhark/mocreaturesdev
You're welcome to add this mod to your modpack. No need to ask for permission
We have a new website!! Please check it here: http://mocreatures.org/home
Download the Mod:
Minecraft version 1.12.1
Minecraft version 1.10.2
Minecraft version 1.8.9
Minecraft version 1.8.1
Minecraft version 1.7.10nothing to report now
How to Install Mo'Creatures Mod:Minecraft 1.6.x+
1. Install Forge using the installer.
2. Launch the game using the Forge profile. Exit the game.
3. Copy the MoCreatures.zip, CustomSpawner.zip into the .minecraft/mods folder.
4. Play! (Make sure your profile is set to Forge)
Download the files linked above
Please make a backup of your minecraft.jar file and then:
1. install Forge (unzip the .zip file and add all of its contents to your minecraft.jar file)
2. install GUI Api (just copy the .jar file into the /coremods folder)
3. Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar file
4. locate your .minecraft/mods folder
5. copy the MoCreatures.zip and CustomSpawner.zip files inside your \.minecraft/mods folder
You can watch this video explaining how to install the mod v6.0.0. (thanks to TheGofa)
And this one that explains how to set up a server with Mo'Creatures 5.0.0
This video shows how to install MoCreatures 5.1.5 on Mac (thanks to michaelsmiles)
PixelPaperCraft has a section for Mo'Creatures!
Previous VideosThis video explains how to transfer your pets from Minecraft 1.5.2 to 1.6.2
this one is in Spanish and explains most of the features of Mo'Creatures:
This video shows the New Big Cats and Manticores
-fixed crashing bug when hitting werewolves with a tool
-another attempt to fix aquatic animals crashing bugs
-fixed hybrid bigCats and pet amulet bug
-animals can be tamed by riding them again
-fixed Jellyfish crashing bug
-fixed bug that made wyverns revert back to mother wyvern
-exorcised Aquatic animals crashing bugs
-Tamed Ligers can obtain wings by receiving an essence of light
-fixed tiny creatures appearing with the summon command
-fixed game crashing bug when Ents were planting flowers
-fixed game crashing bug with MoCPetNames
-fixed game crashing bug with PetAmulets
-fixed MoCreatures tab name
-fixed Mammoth Platform name
-bunnies can be tamed again
-small creatures can be picked up again
-fixed light blue kitty bed icon
-fixed amulets and fish nets
-BigCats move faster
-fixed bug with inventories of BigCats, Horses
-fixed bug with entities moving sideways
-fixed duplicating item bug when using item on off hand
-fixed animation bug with aquatic entities receiving damage
-Bears can now be tamed by giving meats to cubs
-Bears can now be ridden and given chests
-Split bears into separate entities
-Split ogres into separate entities
-medium fish were split into separate entities
-small fish were split into separate entities
-hybrid big cats are now separate entities
-Updated for Minecraft 1.10.2
[8.1.3] and [8.2.2]
tamed animals will no longer attack the player
tamed bears can be commanded to sit with the whip
fixed invisible kittybeds
[8.1.2] and [8.2.1]
-fixed bug where ghost big cats will revert to normal cats after reloading game
-fixed bug where amulets will disappear from tamed big cats
-fixed bug with wyvern lair spawnings (the default mocreatures and customspawner .cfg files need to be erased for the fix to take place)
-tigers and leopards now show chests
-added more big cat hybrids (thanks to Cybercat5555): Leoger (between leopard and tiger), Panthger (between Panther and tiger), liard (between male lion and leopard) and lither (between panther and male lion)
-Updated for MC 1.8.9
-BigCat overhaul, split the bigcats into their own categories: lions, tigers, panthers, leopards
-split stingRays and MantaRays
-BigCats can be tamed by giving pork or raw fish to a cub
-big cats can mate by giving them pork or raw fish and keeping them in an enclosed space
-white lions and white tigers are a rare spawn with a 1/20 chance
-ligers are obtained by breeding a male lion with a Tiger
-there is a hybrid between panther and regular leopards
-giving a dark essence to a panther gives it wings
-giving a light essence to a male lion, white male lion or liger will give it wings
-Manticores are a new mob, red manticores are found in the Nether, blue manticores in snowy biomes and dark and green manticores elsewhere
-Manticores can drop an egg, that can be hatched to obtain a pet manticore. Pet manticores can be ridden once they turn into adults
-There are ghost versions of the big cats that can be obtained randomly when a tamed big cat dies
-winged big cats, ghost big cats, hybrid big cats and manticore pets are sterile (they can't breed)
-fixed kitty beds icons and behavior
-synchronized flying horse wing flapping animations and sounds
-cleaned up the code
-fixed komodo animations
-fixed server code
[8.0.0] devA - Note this is not a release ready version, for testing purposes only
-werewolves will receive higher damage from items / weapons with 'silver' in the unlocalized name or name of the material. They won't receive extra damage from gold weapons
-werewolves won't complain as much when transforming from human to werewolf form
-improved werewolves moving speed when hunched
-improved dolphin riding code
-turtle swimmimg animation improved
-piranhas move as a herd and attack differently
-deers will jump when fleeing from entities
-horses can also get ready to breed by feeding them a golden carrot
-turtles / bunnies will not receive damage when riding a player
-updated ogre attack animations
-improved minigolem / golem throwing stone accuracy
-added three more crab textures
-foxes now spawn cubs that follow adults and flee from players
-improved maggot animation
-improved ant food picking behavior
-added female turkeys
-ents now plant all the flower varieties
-added bear attack animation
-decreased frequency of goat bleets
-wraiths do not collide with entities, added attack animation
-skeletons, silver skeletons and zombies can now ride scorpions and wild wolves as well as mob horses
-MoCreature inventories can be opened by interacting with the creature while sneaking (right click while pressing shift). The MoCreatures 'keys' are no longer obtained by adding a chest to a creature and the crafting recipe was removed.
-Improved elephant animations
-Synchronized wyvern wing flapping animations / sounds. The wing flap depending on the flight speed when ridden.
-Added transform animation to Wyverns
-Changed wyvern speed, health, attack damage so the 2nd tier wyverns are significantly better
-Sharkteeh can now be converted into bonemeal
-fixed weapon damage and enchanteability
-added Pet scorpion sitting behavior / animation
-added transform animation to scorpions
-Pet scorpion health boosted to 40 (from 18)
-added wyvern ghosts
-increased Horse health, Horse speed
-Tamed Zebras shuffle again
-The nightmare burning effect last less than before
- Female Ostriches eggs are no longer sterile. Players must now pick up the eggs in order to hatch them.
- Bunnies no longer breed in the wild. In order to breed a bunny, players need to feed it a carrot at full health.
- Fixed Wyverns not laying eggs
- Fixed Pet Amulet glitch with mcMMO
- Fixed Pet Amulet glitch with nametags
- Fixed Ray grow glitch
- Fixed BigGolem dupe glitch
- Fixed wyverns, small fish, and medium fish not dropping the correct egg type
- Fixed possible client crash with Ent's attacking tamed animals
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows you to spawn any type of horse/wyvern instantly.
This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing.
Valid Horse types :
Tier 1 : 1-5
Tier 2 : 6-9
Tier 3 : 11-13
Tier 4 : 16-17
Special : 21-28, 30, 32, 36, 38-40, 48-61, 65-67
Valid Wyvern types :
Normal : 1-4, 6-12
Mother : 5
An example of spawning a Zorse would be
'/mocspawn horse 61'
An example of spawning a mother wyvern would be
'/mocspawn wyvern 5'
for previous change logs, refer to the README.txt file
Currently the Mod adds the following creatures:
Ents are peaceful creatures that will be immune to any kind of weapons but axes. They attract nearby small creatures and spawn small plants.
Moles are very shy and hide underground from bigger creatures.
Mini golems are mobs that spawn at night and throw rocks at the player.
Silver Skeletons are aggressive mobs that spawn at night and on dark places. They can sprint towards the player and outrun him/her. They drop bones or silver swords. The silver swords are quite effective against Werewolves
Raccoons attack back if provoked. They can be tamed by giving them any edible item.
-Small and Medium Fishpictures pending...
A nice variety of small and medium size fish that can be trapped with a fishnet and fished with the fishing pole
This is how a fishnet is crafted:
Spawn on beaches next to water. They can be tamed with fishnets
Wyverns are poisonous drakes, they can be found on the WyvernLair.
Wyvern eggs can be obtained by slaying wyverns (but only on the wyvern lair). A wyvern has a 10% chance of dropping an egg.
The egg can be hatched in the Overworld by placing it near a torch and once the Wyvern grows, it can be saddled and armored.
The wyvern lair can only be accessed by using a Wyvern Portal Staff. The staff has only four uses before it's destroyed. There is an alternative recipe that replaces the unicorn with a vial of light.
The staff can be activated on any dimension, and it will teleport the player to the center of the Wyvern Lair dimension.
To return back, the staff has to be activated on the quartz portal of the Wyvern Lair.
-Elephants and Mammoths
Elephants spawn on Deserts, Jungles, Plains and Forests.
Mammoths spawn on cold biomes.
Elephants drop Hide
A calf elephant can be tamed by giving it 10 Sugar lumps or 5 cakes
Tamed elephants are healed with baked potatoes, bread or haystacks
A harness can be put on tamed adult elephants to make them rideable and attach extra things:
If a player 'sneaks' near their elephant, it will sit for a short time, where it can be mounted
To dismount an elephant, the rider has to make it sit first and then it can be dismounted.
Indian Elephants can be given a special luxurious garment:
In addition to the garment, a nice throne can then be given to the Elephant.
Two chest sets can be put on each elephant, allowing it to carry inventory
A key is used to open the inventory.
Mammoths can also carry two extra regular chests.
Three different kinds of tusk reinforcements can be crafted: wood, iron and diamond.
They can be given to tamed adult elephants and mammoths, and taken off with a pickaxe.
While wearing them reinforcement and ridden by the player, they will break blocks.
(However that feature is disabled by default in multiplayer, to prevent griefing)
Mammoths are more effective at breaking blocks than elephants.
A platform can be put on the Songhua Mammoth, allowing them to carry a second player.
To have a passenger, first the rider makes the mammoth sit, then the second player 'sneaks' while close to the mammoth.
The second player can dismount the mammoth by pressing the sneak key.
Komodo dragons spawn on swamps and plains. They attack small animals or players.
Komodo dragons poison their prey.
They drop reptile hide and the bigger Komodo Dragons have a 25% chance of dropping eggs.
An egg can be hatched if placed near a torch and the resulting baby Komodo Dragon will be tamed.
Tamed Komodo dragon can be healed by giving it raw rat or raw turkey.
A saddle can be put on a Tamed adult Komodo dragon so it can be ridden.
Golems spawn at night, and initially consists of only three blocks: the Head, the Core and a valuable ore cube. When the Golem is near a player, it activates and forms its body.
Golems have a powerful melee attack, they also have a ranged attack, where the Golem throws one of the blocks of its arms.
When a Golem is attacked, there is a chance to destroy one of its blocks. The chance of destroying a block depends on the difficulty level. If the chest is open and the core of the golem is exposed, it will suffer damage.
As the Golem suffers damage, it becomes more dangerous. A hint of the danger level of the golem is the color of its power aura. Blue is seen in a Golem that is not attacking. Yellow on a Golem that has started attack, Orange on the Golem that has suffered considerable damage. Red is seen on a Golem about to explode.
The Golem will constantly try to acquire replacement blocks. Every time a block is acquired, the Golem is healed (the amount of the healing depends also on the difficulty level)
It may be wise to look for shelter when the Golem power aura is red, as there is not too much time before the golem explodes.
When a Golem dies, it drops all of the blocks that were part of its body (including the valuable ore cube).
They're slow and they hide in their shells, except when they don't have a shell. In that case they're just slow. Snails drop slime balls.
Including Ants, butterflies, moths, flies, bees, fireflies, dragonflies, maggotts and crickets. Just for ambiance's sake
Turkeys... they drop raw turkey when killed that can be cooked. Pretty straightforward stuff.
check this video by BlockDaddy
Horses are the first controllable mount in Minecraft. You will need to tame them before you can ride them. Once tamed, they won't despawn. There are 44! different kind of Horses available.
Only regular horses, donkeys and zebras spawn in the wild.
Horses need a saddle to be ridden. You can use either regular or horse saddles on them. Once you mount the horse, you'll need to break it by riding it repeatedly, you can make the process easier by feeding the horse hay, sugar lumps or apples.
Tamed horses can be bred with the following combinations:
The Gofa made this video explaining the breeding chart:
This is the formula for the Essence of Undead. The Heart of undead is a rare drop of the Undead horse mobs, found at night. The essence of undead is used to obtain undead horses and heal them.
When riding and undead horse, mobs will not attack you.
To obtain rarer horses, you need a Zebra and the rare essences:
Essence of Fire. The heart of fire is found only as a rare drop of Nightmares on the nether.
Essence of Darkness. The heart of darkness is a rare drop of bathorses.
Bathorses are aggressive mob horses found at night, mostly on underground caves.
The Essence of Light is made by combining the other three essences
The zebras can be found more frequently on plains biomes. You can increase the frequency of Zebras spawning by changing the 'Zebra Chance' option of the mod.
Wild Zebras will flee on sight unless you're riding a white spotted or cow horse (tier 4 horses) or if you're riding another Zebra or Zorse. Once you tame a Zebra, you can breed a Zorse.
Zorses are sterile and if given an essence of fire will transform it to a Nightmare. Giving it an essence of Darkness will transform the Zorse into a bat horse.
If you give an essence of light to a nightmare, you will obtain an Unicorn. Unicorns can buckle other creatures and fall very slowly, floating down.
If you give an essence of light to a Bat horse, while the bathorse is high in the sky at the cloud level, it will trasnform into a Pegasus.
Pegasus and Unicorns can breed a White Fairy horse, however both will dissapear in the process. You need to give them both Essence of lights to get them ready for the mating. Also essence of light is used to heal them.
If you give a light blue dye, a pink dye, lime dye, cactus green, orange dye, cyan dye, purple dye, ink sac, dandelion yellow, rose red, or a lapis lazuli to a white fairy horse, it will transform into a blue, pink, light green, green, orange, cyan, purple, black, yellow, red, or dark blue fairy horse. Fairy horses can carry a small inventory, if given a chest.
Amulets are used to capture horses. The horses will drop any saddle, armor or inventory before being captured in the amulet. Only certain horses can be trapped in amulets:
Amulet of the sky, to capture pegasus or black pegasus
Fairy amulet for the fairy horses
Ghost amulet, that can capture ghost horses
Bone amulet, used to capture skeleton horses
Horses can now wear armor, from softer to sturdier. They mitigate the damage the horses receive.
Iron Horse Armor
Gold Horse Armor
Diamond Horse Armor
And crystal armor for the rare horses
This is how you craft the Horse Saddle:
The only way to dismount a horse is by clicking the sneak key (shift)
Quick guide on how to breed horses:
Rules for breeding:
-The horses to breed should be kept close (no more than 4 blocks away)
-There should be no other horses around (8 blocks)
-You have to feed them both to start the process (suitable foods are mushroom soup or pumpkins or rare essences for the rarer horses)
-it takes time (about 1/2 Minecraft day)
Quick Guide on How to use the Horses' Inventory:
-Donkeys, mules, pegasus, black pegasus and fairy horses can carry bags
-The horse needs to be tamed, and you need to give it a chest (only once)
-A key will appear in your inventory. You can use that key to open any horse inventory. If the key is lost, you can craft a new one.
How to activate the Nightmare's special ability:
-it has to be tamed, you need to give it a redstone.
-after that, ride it... and be careful
You can craft a rope:
that can be used to tie horses and BigCats, so they will follow you.
Ostriches spawn in plains and desert biomes. You can find male, females and chicks. The males will fight back if attacked.
The females and chicks will run away and hide their heads in the ground if attacked.
Beware of the normally passive female ostriches, they'll fight you if you steal one of its eggs.
Wild ostriches can't be tamed, but if you happen to 'acquire' an ostrich egg and hatch it, the chick will be tamed and will follow you around.
You can give your tamed ostrich chick a name. The name can be changed by interacting with the ostrich while holding a medallion or book.
Once the chick becomes adult, it will swap its feathers to reflect its gender. You can command your tamed ostriches by using a whip.
If you give an adult tamed ostrich a saddle, you can ride it. while riding, if you crack your whip on the ground, the ostrich will sprint for a short period of time.
Male ostriches are fast and the rare albino ostriches even faster.
Ostriches can carry helmets that will reduce the damage received
A chest can be given to an ostrich and they can carry a small inventory
cloth colored cubes can be given to saddled ostriches to make them carry colored flags
Nether ostriches are obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of fire
Nether ostriches will fly in a way inspired by the game 'Joust'. (It's requires skill!)
Unihorned ostriches are obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of light.
They buckle animals in a similar way than with the unicorns. Unihorned ostriches can drop a unicorn
Black wyvern ostriches are obtained by giving a tamed ostrich an essence of darkness
they can fly if the jump button is used on a timely fashion. They propel themselves forward once flying. They're tricky but fun to control in the air.
Undead ostriches are obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of undead.
-SnakesThere are eight different kinds of snakes including a couple of shy snakes that will run away from the player and venomous snakes like corals, cobras, rattle snakes. There are also aggressive pythons.
Different kind of snakes spawn based on the biomes. Rattlesnakes only spawn on deserts, pythons spawn on swamps and jungles
Snakes mind their own business, if you get too close they will alert and hiss, giving you time to run away. If you don't they will attack you.
A player carrying a bird or mice will attrack the nearby snakes. They hunt down small creatures
You can obtain snake eggs. A snake egg that is dropped near a torch will hatch and the baby snake will be tamed and can be picked up. tamed snakes won't attack the player.
Shy dark green snake:
shy dark spotted snake:
Mantarays are peaceful creatures, they won't bother you at all.
They can be tamed by mounting them. Then a fishnet can be used on them
Stingrays will try to hide at the bottom of the water, they can be found in waters of most biomes except the Ocean and snow biomes. If you get too close, you have the chance of being poisoned by the stingray. Just avoid stepping on them!
They can be tamed with fishnets
JellyFish will spawn on most waters. They are translucent and propel with pulsating movements. They are also luminescent at night. You can get poisoned if you get too close. JellyFish drop slimeballs. Just watch the water, you don't want to get poisoned!
Can be tamed with fishnets
Goats are really easy to tame, just drop any edible(food) item nearby. Once tamed, you can name them. you can also change the name by right clicking on the goat while holding a medallion
Tamed and wild goats will follow you if you are carrying any edible items in your hand.
You can use a rope on tamed goat to make them follow you
You can milk female goats. Female goats don't have a goatie and have shorter horns
Don't try to milk a male goat. It won't like it
Male goats will fight back if provoked. They will also fight between themselves. They won't fight to death and will calm down after a short while.
Goats are quite omnivorous. They will eat ANY item or floating blocks that are nearby. Even diamonds. If you die next to a goat it will have a feast with your dropped items. You have been warned
Crocodiles will roam around near beaches in the swamp biomes, sometimes they will remain static.
Don't be fooled by a 'sleeping' crocodile, they are ready to attack and their speed can surprise you. They are very aggressive and fast in the water.
Crocodiles snatch prey with their jaws, they will try to carry their prey to the water, were they'll perform a death roll.
If a crocodile has caught you, you can try to get free by attacking it, but not all the hits will land. It's not that easy to scape crocodile's jaws.
Crocodiles drop hides that can be used to craft 'Croc' armor
These shy lil' guys will hide from any other creature bigger than them.
Turtles are resistant to most attacks unless they are upside down.
If you right click on a turtle, you will flip it. It takes some time for the poor little guy to flop
You can tame turtles by dropping watermelon slices or sugar cane near them.
Once tamed, they will grow slowly, follow you around and also you can carry them on your head!
Scorpions are nasty creatures that attack at night or if provoked. When scorpions attack, there is a chance of being poisoned.
There are four different kinds of scorpions, the common variety will poison you, black scorpions spawn on caves. blue scorpions found on snow that will slow you down and the red scorpions found on the Nether and will set you on fire.
Mother scorpions that are found with baby scorpions on their back drop babies which can be picked up and tamed.
Scorpions drop either sting or chitin. The sting is a short lived weapon with special properties, causing poison, slow, confusion or fire on the targets
the stings can be used to forge swords that will last longer and hit stronger (just add a diamond sword to three scorpion stings of the same kind.
With the scorpion chitins, armor can be forged. A full set of armor confers a special ability. The cave Scorpion armor set allows night vision.
The nether armor set gives fire resistance. The frost armor set enables water breathing. The regular scorpion armor gives mild regeneration.
Wild kitties will run from player. You can throw ('Q') cooked fish near them and once they eat it, they won't run away from the player. You can then give them a medallion to tame them. Once the medallion is given you can name them. The name and health bar can be toggled on/off individually by right clicking while holding a pickaxe or globally by using the in-game mod menu.
L = leather
G = Gold ingot
Once the cat is tamed, it will look for a Kitty bed with food or milk.
P = wood plank
I = iron ingot
W = Wool (you can use dyed wool as well, it will give you beds of different colors)
P P P
P W P
You can place beds and litter boxes by right clicking, and pick them up by right clicking while holding a pickaxe.
You can transport a kitty bed or litter box in your head by right clicking on it without holding a pickaxe. You can transport kitties that are on lying on the bed or litter box that way. the kitties will want either milk or pet food poured into the kitty bed. While the cat is eating or drinking, you can see the milk/food level shrinking.
any combination of Raw Pork + Raw fish
Once the kitty has eaten, it will look for an unused litter box.
P = wood plank
S = sand
P P P
P S P
P P P
The litter box will become 'used'. This item is a powerful magnet for monsters. However ogres won't stomp and Creepers won't explode. Zombies will chase and push it whereas skeletons will throw arrows at it. It is quite a sight After a while, an used litter box will return to its empty state. You can also use sand on an used litter box to clean it.
A cat that has eaten and used a litter box, will roam freely, it can become hungry again and look for food in a kitty bed again, or it will fall sleep at night, or try to climb a tree.
IF you use a whip nearby cats, they will sit and won't move. You can also right click on a cat while wearing a whip to individually toggle sitting on/off
L = Leather
I = Iron Ingot
C = BigCat Claws
C L C
If the cat has decided to climb a tree, you can watch it climbing. A cat that climbs a tree, will get trapped on top and will need help to come down.
You can pick up a cat in three different ways: if it is a kitten, it will ride on top of your head. An adult cat will go on the player's shoulders. If you pick up a cat while holding a rope, you will carry it by its legs. Cats don't like to be carried that way and will be annoyed once you drop them.
S = Silk
Cats can also get annoyed if they don't find a litter box or a bed with food or milk, or if you attack them once they're tamed.
Once the cat is annoyed, it will chase the player and occasionally hurt him/her. After a while the cat temper will improve.
A cat will follow you if you have a wool ball on your hand
If you give the cat the wool ball, it will play with it for a while chasing it and pushing it, until the cat gets bored.
You can breed cats by giving them cake. Once cake is given, the cat will look for another cat that is also in the mood (given cake). After a while one of them will become pregnant and will need to find a kitty bed.
After a short while in the kitty bed, the cat will give birth to 1-3 kittens. Kittens will be very playful and will chase any items (not only wool balls), will play with the player and will chase its mom.
If a kitten is attacked, its mom will defend them.
Cats will display emoticons to give you clues of what they're thinking. You can turn emoticons off using the in-game mod menu.
They will run away from everything. You can pick up a mouse by its tail. Mice drop seeds.
They will attack the player at night or in dark areas, if you attack one rat, all the nearby rats will attack you. They are not too strong and their health is low. They drop coal.
Watch this video from BlockDaddy O'Neal showcasing the rats
Deer will run away from anything bigger than a chicken. They're peaceful creatures. You can find female, males and fawn.
They drop pork meat
BigCats replace the lions that were part of the initial release of this mod.
Besides male and female lions, there are Tigers, Cheetahs, Panthers, Snow Leopards and White Tigers.
Female lions and Tigers will always attack the player if within range. Male lions, panthers and cheetahs will some times attack the player. BigCats will attack only when hungry. They will also eat raw pork or raw fish when hungry. Once they eat or kill a prey, they'll stop being hungry for a while.
BigCats of different breeds will fight amongst them. Bring on the catfight! Tamed BigCats won't fight amongst them.
Wild Cubs will seldom spawn. If you throw raw pork or raw fish near a small cub, and then you give it a medallion, you will tame it and it won't despawn or attack you. Once it grows to adult size, it will fight mobs on its own. Cubs will attack any other animal smaller than themselves. Bigger (almost adult) cubs won't be tamed.
Tamed BigCats will follow you and fight any mob that targets you.
BigCats will drop BigCat Claws when killed. You can use the BigCatClaws to craft a whip.
Horses and BigCats will stay put when a whip is used near them (whitin 12 blocks). Also If you right click on a tamed Horse or BigCat while holding a whip, you can toggle them between moving and staying.
If you use a rope on a tamed BigCat, it will follow you and fight your enemies
You can watch this video by Foxy1990, showing how to tame BigCats
They have 10 different colors/patterns. Piranhas are red and will attack anything that falls in the water. You can deactivate piranhas with the in game menu
Fishbowls can be used to capture, transport and release fish. You can craft a fishbowl with four pieces of glass. an empty fishbowl can be filled with water
A fishbowl with water can be used to capture fish. The fishbowl can be placed in the world and carried around in your head. If you want to bring a fishbowl back to your inventory, just
right click on it while holding any pike.
Fish can also be tamed with fishnets
There are six different kind of dolphins (from common to rare): blue, green, purple, dark, pink and albino. The last two kinds are seen only rarely in the wild.
You can tame dolphins by feeding them raw fish. the rarer the dolphin, the more raw fish it requires to be tamed. A blue dolphin requires 2 raw fish and an albino dolphin requires 12 raw fish. You can also tame dolphins by riding/breaking them. Rarer dolphins are noticeable faster than common ones.
Tamed adult dolphins can breed by feeding them cooked fish and keeping them apart from other creatures in a similar fashion than the horse breeding. Young dolphin can not breed or be tamed/ridden.
Two dolphins of the same color will always have offspring of such color. Dolphins have a 'genetic value' from 1-6. (blue = 1 and albino = 6) if you mix and match dolphins you have 1/3 chance of obtaining a purple or dark dolphin if the genetic value addition of the parents is 3 or 4, and you have a 1/10 chance of obtaining a pink or albino dolphin if the genetic value addition equals 5 or 6. i.e. A pink dolphin(5) can be obtained in 1/10 of cases by combining a blue(1) plus a dark(4) dolphin or a green (2) plus a purple (3) dolphin.
This video shows how to breed dolphins: (courtesy of Foxy1990)
The sharks will attack anything that falls in the water, except squids or other sharks. Sharks have different sizes, if you kill a big shark in easy difficulty or higher, you have a 10% chance of getting a shark egg. Right clicking on the shark eggs throws them. If the egg falls in water it will incubate and a tamed shark will hatch. Tamed sharks won't despawn and once they're big enough, will attack any other creature except sharks or the player.
The shark model was inspired by charle88's thread. He also shared his textures.
The first metamorphic and multi-stance mob for Minecraft! Don't be fooled by his appearance and sweet talk, they are ominous! He drops wood sticks or wood tools. At night it will transform into a vicious werewolf!
There are four kinds of werewolves, of special interest is the fiery werewolf who can set targets ablaze.
In daylight the werewolf will transform back into human form in no time. The best way to kill this beast is by using gold items (Think of it as the Minecraft silver). You have been warned, don't face one if you don't have a gold sword. It drops gold apples, stone or steel tools.
Werewolves sometimes will run on all fours, which makes them faster
There are four kind of bears in MoCreatures:
Black bears and Grizzly bears will attack back if provoked. Polar Bears, that spawn in cold biomes will hunt down the player on sight. Panda bears are peaceful creatures that are attracted to sugar cane.
You can tame a Panda bear by giving it reeds. Once tamed, a lazo can be used to make them follow you.
Spawns during the night time, only outdoors. It will attack you at night, and won't attack unless provoked during the day. Hunts small prey, and of course sheep!
spawns only in Hard difficulty. Will set you on fire for a short time. Drops redstone. You can see them from a distance because of flashing flames.
The first mobs to destroy blocks! It destroys blocks sparing ore blocks and obsidian. The green ogre drops obsidian ore
The fire Ogre is rarer than the regular ogre. This mob destroys blocks and ignites the floor on impact. It is fire resistant. It drops 'fire' so you can craft your chainmail.
The Cave Ogre only spawns underground. It has the biggest area of damage. It drops diamonds.
Nothing original, I used material already available, credits go to dorino1 quack sounds plus painterly pack's duck texture.
They attack smaller prey and if you get close to them, they can also attack you. Be warned
Birds add atmosphere to the game. There are six different kinds, and they have different sounds: Dove, Crow, BlueGrossBeak, Cardinal, Canary and Parrot. You can tame them by feeding them seeds. Once tamed, they won't be afraid of you and won't despawn.
If you pick up a bird, you can glide safely from heights
They will attack only smaller creatures. Most of the work was done by Roundaround. I worked on the 3D model
Frequently Asked Questions
I apologize in advance, but any post in the forum or any private message with a question already answered here will be ignored. I just don't have the time to answer the same questions over and over again. Please don't PM me with requests or questions. Use the forum instead. I'm overwhelmed with PMs and I'm not reading them anymore.F.A.Q.
Q.: Can I include your mod in my modpack?
A.: Yes you can. No need to ask permission. Just go ahead!
Q.: How do I get off my mount?
A.: Press the 'F' key
Q.: I installed the mod but don't see any of the new creatures.
A.: perhaps the gamerule doMobSpawning is set to false. To fix it,open the world to LAN to allow cheats, then press 't', then type: /gamerule doMobSpawning true
Q.: I only want to have xxx mob and not the others, can I?
A.: Use the in-game menu to adjust the spawn rates for each individual mob. You can deactivate any mob by setting its frequency to 0
Q.: I can't tame/ride a horse
A.: Make sure you're using the right saddle and follow the previous instructions on how to tame horses
Q.: I get a black screen when installing the mod
A.: Did you forget to delete the META-INF folder?
Q.: Does this work for SMP?
Q.: The lions and bears are bipeds!!
A.: You either did not install the Mod Loader or you installed another mod that conflicted with mine (i.e. a non Mod Loader mod)
Q.: Can you do xxxx mob for me?
A.: You're welcome to post your ideas/suggestions, I have a list of mobs to do...
Q.: Does this work for Mac computers?
A.: It does, the installation procedure is different.
Q.: What program do you use to make the mobs?
A.: I'm using Techne for models, paint.net for the textures, MCP plus Eclipse for the code
Previous versions-MoCreatures v6.2.1 (for Minecraft 1.7.2)-Mo'Creatures v6.1.0 mirror (for Minecraft 1.6.4)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v5.2.5.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.5.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v5.2.3.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.5.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v5.2.2.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.5.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v5.1.5.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.5.1)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v5.0.8.zip (MC 1.5.1)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.7.0 (MC 1.4.7) requires CustomSpawner 1.11.2
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.6.0a (MC 1.4.7)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.5.1.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.7)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.5.0.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.7)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.4.0.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.6)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.3.1.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.5)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.3.0.zip (Mirror)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.2.3.zip (Mirror)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.2.2.zip (Mirror)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.2.1.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.5)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.2.0.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.5)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.1.3.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.1.2.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.1.1.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.1.0.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.4.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.0.4.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.3.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.0.3.zip (Mirror) (MC 1.3.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.0.2.zip (MC 1.3.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v4.0.1.zip (MC 1.3.2)
-Mo'Creatures Mod v3.7.1.zip (MC 1.2.5)
BannersIf you want to add a Mo'Creatures banner to your signature, you have different options:
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/iYxei.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/Uwhm8.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/vygdJ.png' /></a>
Thanks to Jibberlicious
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/DH52R.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/MDDfn.jpg' /></a>And if you survived the bunny infestation...
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/iIB8C.jpg' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/UNlXu.jpg' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/Cpu63.jpg' /></a>
CreditsCoding: DrZhark, Bloodshot
Modelling: Kent C Jensen (a.k.a. BlockDaddy O'Neal) and DrZhark
Textures, Icons: BlockDaddy and DrZhark
special thanks to:
-ScottKillen: Extrabiomes XL compatibility coding
-AtomicStryker: SMP port for Minecraft 1.2.5
-Cojomax: adding custom sounds
-Freakstricth: Forge sprites
-Vaprtek: initial Horse Model.
-Dorino1: quack sounds plus painterly pack's duck texture.
-Macaque: first boar texture.
-Rondaround: fox idea, AI, sounds and texture
-_303 and Risugami: help with ModLoader and AudioMod
-Corosus: optimization changes in the code
-charle88: shark's model inspiration
-cdrumer11: pink and white dolphin skins
-FireHazurd: first werewolf model and texture
Sep 3, 2013Posted in: Minecraft Mods
For Minecraft (with Forge) 1.6.2 to 1.15.1
This mod adds many new mobs to specific biome, dimensions and other environments such as lava! These new mobs are mostly hostile but there are some passive ones too that can be bred for special food. Many mobs can be tamed, used as mounts and even summoned as temporary minion hordes!
This mod also adds deadly world events that start randomly every hour or so (highly configurable), these events spawn swarms of deadly mobs as well as other hazards!
This mod takes inspiration from other games and mythologies and is well known for it's Doom (by ID Software) inspired Demon Mobs for the Nether, but has much more than just that!
Support the Cause!
Here are a few mods that use or add support to this mod:
- Thaumcraft Mod Aspects Adds Thaumcraft Aspects to mobs from this mod and others.
- Doomlike Dungeons Randomly generated dungeons supports this mod with a custom theme config.
- Roguelike Dungeons Has custom spawner support for it's dungeons!
I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone who has downloaded and enjoyed this mod, every download that goes through Curse (both direct and through packs) helps support me in taking time to work on this mod, but what truly motivates me the most is to hear and even see (YouTube, Twitch, etc) people enjoy my hard work and there is much more to come!
A thanks to Gooderness for the epic mob event voice overs!
A big thanks goes to translators, helping bring you Lycanite's Mobs in your language and I'd also like to give a special thanks to all those who have donated and be sure to contact me for your very own Familiar Minion.
Join the Official Nephrite Server with Lycanite's Mobs:
Feel free to include this mod in your public/private mod pack! I strongly believe that all mods should be allowed in public packs as sharing should be in the spirit of the Minecraft community! Please provide credit to me (Lycanite) and a link to the mod website.
Please don't provide direct links to this mod alone (unless it is linked inside of modpack config or something). I hope to eventually remove Adfly from which point I wont care where my mod is linked from, currently though I use Adfly, Google Ads on the mod website, donations and Patreon to help fund both the mod website and the free to access public Nephrite World Modded Server.
Videos - Survival Series and Modpacks:
Videos - Reviews:
Pinky wants to eat you!
Jul 31, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Has anyone got news about the team that took over ?
I haven't seen them communicate here and have no idea where they are, since there's no update about fixing bugs/updating the mod, I wonder if they're working on it/will work on it all.
Not criticizing, I'm just curious about it since Azanor dropped it, we had news about a team working on it again and since then, radio silence
Thanks praecipitator about the recipes and checking if the altars worked, I wouldn't have thought that just creating the recipes would be enough for most of it to work.
Jul 5, 2015WildBamaBoy posted a message on Spider Queen v1.1.0 - Spider queen is back, the way she should have been!Posted in: Minecraft ModsOverview | Download | FAQ | How To Play | Recipes | Changelogs | Update Progress | Bug Tracker | Repository-version 1.1.0 released on February 5th, 2016-
Mod spotlight by CarFloForeword:We're proud to finally release the Spider Queen mod, in all of its glory! For those unfamiliar with it, Spider Queen was a popular Minecraft mod by djoslin and Pullahoko that met its demise after the largely mod-breaking 1.3 update of Minecraft. It has been through several iterations in the past, one of which was written by me: Spider Queen Reborn.
We felt that Reborn did not live up to its predecessor, and we're sure that its players felt that way too. So, in response, we've taken the original mod and ported it to 1.7.10. All original content is back, and better than ever!
Description starts here:Spider Queen reverses the role of the player in Minecraft by placing them in the role of a monster instead of a human. As the Spider Queen, you will be able to see better in the dark, climb up and swing from walls and ceilings, catch monsters and humans, and use them to create new spiders that will protect you from danger!
Explore the darkness to your heart's content. Make friends with mobs like skeletons, zombies, creepers, and bees. Befriend the creatures of the night! Battle roving bands of humans, or be friends with them. The choice is yours!
Create an army and a family! Be a monster today.Overview
- Humans are the enemy! Become the Spider Queen, or be yourself! You can keep a spider body with your player's skin. The Spider Queen can use webslingers, create string to web up creatures, and even see in the dark!
- Capture creatures and use them to breed many unique spiders, including Boom Spiders, Ender Spiders, and Pack Spiders.
- Fight or befriend a variety of new creatures, including Bees, Mandragoras, Ants, Beetles, Wasps, and more!
- Climb walls using webbing, or swing across long distances using the new and improved webslinger.
- Conquer new in-game bosses, such as rival Spider Queens, Jack, and Yuki!
DownloadNote: Spider Queen connects to a remote server to check for updates and send crash reports.
- ...and much more! See our How To Play page for an in-depth guide.
Alternate downloads:Looking for a guide? Check out our How To Play page for more in-depth information about Spider Queen.CreditsCredit goes to the following people for their role in creating the new Spider Queen:djoslin (original programmer, provided legacy code)Pullahoko (original designer, current designer)WildBamaBoy (programmer)SheWolfDeadly (programmer)Mario384 (triage testing)
Aug 10, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
6/15/19 Update: Since the MC forum is being archived I will be posting the 1.12.2 version of the mod on Curse.See: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/afraid-of-the-dark
The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane. - Nikola Tesla
Afraid of the Dark is a new magic mod designed for Minecraft 1.8 featuring massive custom generated structures and a complete research system familiar to fans of Thaumcraft. The spell system is not yet available fully, but a preview is in version 1.1.4. Just check out "Enaria's Altar"!
- Bountiful bug fixes
- Enaria's inventory shuffle now swaps the current item you're holding with a random other item
- Added "Enaria's Altar" block
- Temporary model
- Allows you to access the spell system, but currently unobtainable in survival
- May corrupt your world if things go wrong, use at your own discretion
- I would not recommend use of this block unless you're in a testing world and want to try some spells
- The spell system has no progression system currently and is just barely "functional", so this is just for players wanting a sneak peek
- Added a new research achieved by using Enaria's Altar
- Enaria's spell FX work again (Actually all spell FX)
- Enaria found in the nightmare now ---- dun dun dun
- Player data no longer wiped upon transfer from the end to the overworld
- Void chest works in all dimensions except for the void chest and nightmare dimensions
- Mangrove wood added
- Will be used in future dungeons
- Textures are completely temporary (except for the mangrove logs)
- Saplings have a custom generation algorithm
- Star metal staff mechanics improved
- Star metal armor's absorption effect has been nerfed and can no longer be reset with milk
- Items with per item cooldowns fixed on servers
- Added "artwork" items which are currently unused but will be used in structure generation soon
- Added a new item called the "Schematic Generator" which is purely debug, but allows you to generate any schematic whenever you want. Because it's only for debug it has no creafting recipe.
Version 1.1.3 Hotfix 1:
- Turns out the spell system heavily modifies the vitae lantern. The vitae lantern research has been modified accordingly.
- Vitae disenchanter research has also been modified to account for vitae lantern changes.
- Vitae lantern GUI and mechanics have been significantly altered. The previous system is no more, and the lantern now functions as a battery. This change is because the majority of users found the vitae lantern difficult to understand and confusing. The vitae lantern GUI has been removed.
- Once again, please read the changelog for 1.1.3. This is not a
release version, but simply a beta for users wanting bugfixes for 1.1.2.
Version 1.1.3 (Beta)
- Implemented the new way of storing player data provided by MC forge. Because of this, all progress on AOTD will be reset if updating to this version.
- This is mostly just a release to try and solve some problems being reported on the forum.
Important: Once again, this jar has some textures and code regarding the magic 1.2 system in it. The features have been disabled (at least I think). Because it does have some of the magic system in it, this version may be somewhat unstable so I've marked it as a beta release. It is completely untested so far. The file size has increased because of many new textures that will come in the magic system.
Again, I'd highly recommend making a backup of your world before upgrading. =)
Version 1.1.2 (Beta)
- Updated to MC 1.8.9
- Replaced witherproof barrier blocks from the void chest generation with regular barrier blocks since they are now fixed.
Important: This version has some textures and code regarding the magic 1.2 system in it. The features have been disabled (at least I think) so this should be simply an update to 1.8.9. Because it does have some of the magic system in it, this version may be somewhat unstable so I've marked it as a beta release. It is completely untested so far.
I'd highly recommend making a backup of your world before upgrading.
- A hole found in the witherproof barrier blocks in the Void Chest was fixed
- More config options were introduced, these include:
* Printing debug messages (Not recommended, but if you like seeing every packet sent and received be my guest)
* Disabling entity animations (All AOTD entities that is)
* Enabling a new light algorithm in dungeons (This will decrease or remove lighting glitches in AOTD dungeons at the
slight cost of performance. This is not nearly as taxing as in AOTD 1.0 however)
- A new command for OPs introduced, /AOTD printDungeons (Prints each dungeon location in the MC world)
- Fixed flatworld crash
- Various other small fixes and optimizations
- The big one: The entire GUI system has been rewritten for AOTD GUIs ONLY:
* GUIs should now automatically resize no matter what your screen resolution is. I'm ignoring the GUI scale MC
gives because it's a terrible way of doing things. The new GUI will be very useful when it comes to the next AOTD
update, 1.2 (Spellcrafting!).
* Various GUIs are improved, most notably the journal page GUI. This page GUI now allows the hovering of items
to see what they are.
* The page and other text-based GUIs should no longer have text hang off the edge of the page or end way short.
- While there are not very many new features, 1.1.1 is mainly a core update that should help with the creation of 1.2. If any bugs are discovered, 1.1.2 will be released to stabilize 1.1 before 1.2 is released.
- Flask of Souls item introduced
- Werewolf blood item introduced
- Added the splinter drone mob
- Fixed a bug allowing for faster cooldowns on various items
- Heavily nerfed loot in most dungeons
- Fixed keepInventory bug with nightmare realm
- World generation performance is SIGNIFICANTLY better, the nightmare island takes 3 seconds to generate on my computer at this point
- Gnomish city dungeon created
- Enaria boss introduced in the gnomish city dungeon
- Cheat sheet implemented
- Re-implemented the data storage system so all research will be reset, however should be much more stable. If you - want all the research, use the cheat sheet!
- Added new configuration options to increase dungeon amount, biome ids, etc
- Updated to forge 188.8.131.523, you will need to go to this version!
- Cleaned up and organized chat messages when incorrectly using items
- Dungeons no longer generate inside of each other
Requires Forge found here (Tested with build 1.8.9-184.108.40.2062): http://files.minecraftforge.net/
*Please note: as this is a new mod, bugs may still exist. Please backup all worlds every now and then. Do not hold us as the developer responsible for corrupted worlds.*
To begin, you will need to search for an Erie Forest biome. (see screenshots below) After searching this biome a little while, you should find a circular entrance on the surface made out of mossy cobblestone. Enter the crypt but beware... the loot will not be unprotected. Your main goal is to find a blood stained journal--a word of caution--signing this journal is not reversible. If you do sign this journal you will begin the mod and the journal will guide you.
The Minecraft Overlord Part 1 (v1.1.3):
GlitchReaper (Not purely AOTD, but shows the mod off well, v1.1.3):
The Technomancer (v1.0):
The "Deee Syft" mob:
A hint of mod structure gen:
A research system Thaumcraft players will be akin to:
A page of research:
A taste of what you can do with some later game researches:
Some more crazy world gen:
An "Erie" Biome (This is where you begin the mod!):
Awesome new armor and mobs:
Easy to use spell system that Ars Magica 2 fans will love (still WIP):
1) I have a great idea for this mod! Where do I suggest this?
Just post on to the forum. It's the easiest way for me to see. Most suggestions are welcome (even small interface ones) but please keep in mind, if your suggestion does not fit the style of the mod, (ex a flying car with pony sparkles and wings) please don't suggest it.
2) My game crashed! What do I do?
Read up on reporting bugs below.
3) When I click on the bed to get the nightmare research, my game freezes.
This is should be fixed now. Try updating to 1.1 and the teleport should take about 4 seconds, up to, I'd guess, 10 seconds.
4) Is this mod optifine compatable? As far as I can tell, yes. I have not had any issues with optifine so far. If you crash with it, please report that.
5) Is this mod compatible with X mod? Most likely yes. Again, if you have any problems with one mod just report it like any bug.
None so far.
6) Is there a 16x16 low-res edition of the mod?
Yes and no, while we have not made an official 16x16 texture pack for the mod, we have down scaled all the textures using photoshop. Personally, I think they look significantly worse than the original 64x64s, but if you feel that your computer's performance requires it then feel free to use it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwlaeajbv24dp3x/Afraid of the Dark 16x16.zip?dl=0
If you encounter a problem with the mod, whether it is a complete Minecraft crash or simply something you believe is incorrect behavior (An item not functioning or a visual GUI bug etc) please make sure you were using the latest version of the mod. If you were, report it in this format:
1) Explain what the bug is (please be detailed!)
2) Try to explain if at all possible how to reproduce the bug.
3) Please give a list of other mods you are using or mods that may have caused a conflict
4) If it was a Minecraft crash, a complete error report would be appreciated (in a spoiler or link form please)
Lead software developer: David_M1A2
Lead graphics designer, modeler, and tech tree design: Tagii
Special thanks to the guys at MCAnimator for allowing us to make epic models and animations!
Thanks to Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 for inspiration for various parts of our mod!
You may use the mod in your own modpack, but please leave a comment in the forum saying which pack you are using it in.
- To post a comment, please login.