1. Room to grow. I grow mine with three blocks in between every placed sapling. 7-9 blocks ceiling height.
2. Light. I haven't actually tested this but I think that a single torch placed right next to a sapling is enough. However, torches are great and I love having them everywhere.
3. Time. I've seen five in game days mentioned often, that is over an hour and a half. It will take time.
4. Enough trees. In my experience, if you place about 35-40 saplings, you will just about never leave the farm once it starts to grow. Hack one down, leave the leaves, and go hack down another one. Make sure to collect saplings and replace them as fast as you can. Mark your sapling spots, I use a cobble block with a torch right next to the sapling.
5. Beware of fire. I had the great idea to set fire to the leaves once I chopped down the trunk, thinking that I didn't really need that many saplings. I did need saplings. But also, new trees grew immediately and my tree farm turned into a hall of fire.
6. Outside tree farms are marvelous. Especially if you combine it with a torch right next to the sapling. Sunlight and torchlight, fun stuff.
7. Enough axes. Fill a box. Keep supplies. Never want for wood or lack of activity ever again.
- Registered Member
Member for 11 years, 1 month, and 26 days
Last active Wed, Dec, 31 1969 18:00:00
- 0 Followers
- 126 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Thurum »* Thirdperson view is centered again.
Good no more digging down, 3rd person and look around to see dungeons.
Not that it was much use. In vain I'm still hoping for the inside-the-blocks inverted view to come back. I miss taking these underground screenshots :/
Aug 20, 2010Buckets pick up 'water spring' blocks(ninja'd!), and water flow out from these blocks. Actively flowing blocks of water is limited, in a sense, to prevent flooding.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
You can make an ever refreshing source of water with two filled buckets, by placing them like so:
The middle block will then refresh from the other two. Try it.
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Steelcrate »There is another udpate. Hopefully that crafting glitch fix...
And yea, Milk Buckets can be emptied.
PS : FREAKIN NINJA'S IMMA JUST WANTED TO POST
Invisible items no longer invisible.
EDIT: Yes, the crafting glitch is also gone.
And fences are made with six sticks:
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Zaikantos »Heard stuff 'bout milk
Yeah, I just tested that. I can't seem to drink it, but at least I can empty the milk bucket.
EDIT: And for that 'fixed a few bugs' thing, I exclaim horseradish. I'd rather have my old bugs and stuff that is NOT INVISIBLE, that just randomly disappears and refuses to craft.
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from TheZombo »Quote from Sealystar »Floodgates, taming animals, wolves.
No, or maybe, nothing much has been confirmed yet. Remember that this thread started off as a suggestion/guessing/discussion thread about the update.
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Sulphuratum »btw, you cant simply jump over fences. so it is possible to keep animals with them
Unless of course you happen to punch a sheep, then it can fly over and get outside. But yeah.
EDIT: In a new single player game, I can't make a crafting table. Sticks I can make, and they're not invisible, but crafting table no. Someone else try this?
Aug 20, 2010Every time I generate a new map now the tool I held in my hand in my previously loaded save is in my hand, until the map fully loads and I end up on land with the fences instead of the tool.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Aug 20, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Phantasma »
The idea of putting a lot of efford in a map I'll end up replacing anyway once biomes and monster villages come into play.
The days and days I've put into my gigantic save already and reading that makes me cry...
I've no idea why I keep playing. Apparently I have one of those addictive personalities I hear so much aboot.
Aug 16, 2010If this turns into an SMP server map, I'm going to sign in, salute and report for duty.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
EDIT: And, regarding new generation patches, Notch did recently say he was working on biomes. My guess is that some cutting/pasting is going to be required in converting this into an SMP map. If not then it'll be just like my save, 500 blocks until caves spawn and redston appear....
Aug 12, 2010I've only ever played on one map. Started on one other after a patch but didn't stick to it.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Now I'm a gazillion patches in, have to travel hundreds of blocks for even a hint of caves and can't imagine leaving my vast and cozy mining tunnels. I'm totally stuck :smile.gif:
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.