- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 1 month, and 26 days
Last active Fri, Mar, 1 2013 05:44:56
- 0 Followers
- 733 Total Posts
- 76 Thanks
Apr 14, 2012Posted in: General Off TopicQuote from stuntdude
I rarely eat meat myself, because most of it tastes horrible, looks and feels disgusting (I could never be a surgeon), it's morally wrong on so many levels (unless you're hunting your own game, then it's only wrong on just a few), and it is, in fact, unhealthy in anything but small quantities.
In what way is eating meat morally wrong? Enlighten me.
Apr 9, 20121) mobs that are in every game in the entire world (zombies, skeletons and spiders on the other hand, have been in MC for the longest time so they are fine) e.g. ogres. trolls, elves, dwarves, wizards etc. Why? If I have to play games about such mobs I'll play a generic fantasy game about elves and dwarves.Posted in: Discussion
2) Advanced Technology. Cannons and sailboats are fine, but not tanks and warships. Before you talk to me about redstone, Notch didn't add these with Digital Electronics in mind; it is the players who made them so.
3) Devils in the nether. Don't go there, seriously; Ghast, blazes, zombie pigman and magma cubes are fine. If Jeb adds devils to the nether, I would rage so bad.
4) Another completely pointless world AKA The End. Other than for enderpearls and xp farming, it is a very pointless place to be in. The nether is less so, but it is still for potion ingredient farming (blaze rods, ghast tears, gold nuggets etc), which isn't that good as well.
5) Another completely boring boss AKA the Enderdragon. If only the Hardcore Enderdragon Mod was added into the game, then it would be so much fun. If another boss has to be added, make it difficult to fight.
On another thing, I think Magic would be fine to add to Minecraft. But I would wonder how they would add skills though.
Apr 5, 2012Unfortunately, I'm in a country where guns are banned. So, I'm ****ed.Posted in: General Off Topic
On the plus side, I own a really huge truck where I can store tons of things and ram zombies into with. That might help.
Apr 4, 2012fumifieder posted a message on How do I get my school to notice that I am smart and respect me?Posted in: General Off TopicQuote from Siknote
Ah yes, but I don't think he does get the point. I'm a little worried, to be honest.
Don't worry. He is someone you don't exactly know too well over the internet. So the best you can do is to give some advice and hope for the best,
Apr 2, 2012Posted in: General Off TopicQuote from TheRacker
You went to their school. Don't want religion? Go to a public school. Have no choice? Shut up and except it.
So, we cannot question religion, when they question our 'beliefs' too? seems legit.
Apr 1, 2012fumifieder posted a message on Im just Wondering when they will make minecraft free?....Posted in: Discussion
You don't really know how making money works, don't you?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Nov 10, 2012Arkalius posted a message on Delinquent Children and teens: Is this the future? (also a small rant about spanking your kids)The problem I have with spanking is that it sets a precedent that the reason to avoid doing bad things is to avoid the unpleasant punishment, rather than a desire to be a good person. What happens when a person who only avoids misbehaving out of fear of punishment finds himself in a situation where there is a good chance of getting away with some kind of mischief? What happens with the person in the same situation, but who actually enjoys being a good person?Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
Oct 22, 2012Ah, rich people. Really, all of us here talking on the Minecraft forums are in the world's 1%. We're the rich, though there are the rich even among us, and those are obscenely rich.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
What most people think of when they think of rich people are that 1% in first world countries. These people, for the most part, I cannot stand. I don't think I can adequately spell out my problem with them in brief, though. That's always a problem on message boards. Instead, I'll spell out a very incomplete overview.
1) They're almost always disconnected with the problems of the less fortunate, and thus have little to no empathy for them. The super rich tend not to be very charitable people, especially with their time and emotions. They are rich because things of value do not filter down from them, and that includes more than just money.
2) They often have a value system than revolves almost entirely on financial profits to the exclusion of anything else; health, beauty, sustainability, morality, etc. These other goals are only good so long as they can be justified with profits. Also, because their goal is simply money, and money is a means and not an end, they end up with a value system that is at its core empty.
3) Many treat amassing money as a game, like one might treat a high score. They compete with each other because they judge each other's value in monetary worth. This means that they take a whole lot out of an economic system that they simply don't need, and the losers go without food and shelter. Meanwhile, the money they make is squandered on frivolous things.
Of course, it's not like rich people are worse than anyone else. They just have their own sets of problems. The middle class, lower class, and underclasses have their own problems as well. The unique attribute with the rich is that they hold almost all of the political and economic power, so their problems permeate in sectors like social programs, environmental issues, war, the media, and corporate culture. One of the problems of the middle class is a widespread hero worship of the rich, which only aggravates the problem.
Why do people hate the rich? Largely, it's because the rich live in their own world and don't often care about the people they hurt to either climb to the top or maintain their privileged position.
Oct 16, 2012Posted in: Future UpdatesQuote from PaulthePhilosopher
It is the worst thing ever to happen. Thousands upon thousands of contraptions are built that absolutely depend upon the blocks on the sides of a repeater not effecting the repeater. Now repeaters have to be spaced apart and redstone cannot be run alongside to save space for compactness.
WTF. It is completely redundant with the transistor/multiplexer use of a piston anyway. Just stupid.
From the video it looks as if the signal has to go directly into the block to have any effect. Even if it isn't that way now, it will probably be changed to accommodate for peoples needs.
Oct 7, 2012Posted in: Future UpdatesQuote from cadika_orade
I'm sorry, but why do you need to automate anything? I don't automate anything.
I think it is more of a challenge to make a fully automatic harvester rather than necessarily the actual need to get it to work. For the resources and effort (besides an MCEdit cut & paste or building duplicator mod) put into making some automatic resource collector, you could mostly do the effort yourself manually for ordinary quantities of the material. More importantly, if you can build a grinder or automated farm it shows that you have been able to really understand the game in a deep and profound manner and understand how to take advantage of sometimes obscure properties of some blocks or even mobs.
Minecraft is a sandbox game, meaning different people have different objectives and goals. You may not like to automate anything, but don't presume to speak for everybody on this matter either. I think it is wonderful that you can do stuff without automation, and that such player-built machines are only an optional aspect of the game instead of something required for mere survival.
Oct 6, 2012Posted in: Future UpdatesQuote from fumifieder
Because it seems to me that once you get enough diamonds for 2 sets of good armor and 2 sets of good tools, you don't need any more diamonds; you just need EXP to repair them.
Repairing eats an item each time. You put in two and get one back. It's always worked that way and will with the new system. It's just that now you can pay a hefty XP cost for the luxury of scraping the enchantments off the two input items and putting them into the one you get out.
Oct 6, 2012hawkbeaver posted a message on Anyone Else Think Beacons Should Apply to Utility Mobs?Beacons would be more useful if say, they could be used to heal / give resistance to iron and snow golems, I did a search for this, and I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this before, or they don't title their posts well, but oh well. Anyway, this would greatly increase the utility of utility mobs if you didn't have to worry about replacing them or healing them.Posted in: Suggestions
oh and thanks kaskas completely forgot about wolves and cats (probably because i never use them) but they should be included too so the list is now:
Definite (in my opinion):
farm animals (mostly for healing and resistance- jump could be annoying as it might let them out of their pens, but the player could account for this in their farms)
bats (unless they become hostile at some point)
minecarts and boats (they do have health, and take a certain number of hits to 'kill' and drop)
added a poll- as there seems to be some support-
Oct 6, 2012Well this is what I've tested so far:Posted in: Future Updates
- Slimes spawn both in swamps and slime chunks, in all their sizes.
- They don't spawn in lit areas of swamp, unlike underground slimes, they need the darkness of the night to spawn, even if other mobs can still spawn
- They seem to be quite common in swamps, maybe more than in chunks, I think that surface slimes have a normal hostile mob rate, because that way they spawn without using lighting, so they share spawn space with other mobs, but still spawn quite fast
- They will spawn even if there's no grass, but still haven't found the level limit, so far, I dug a pretty huge land around 10 levels below sea layer and they still spawn in that hole, if it's swamp biome and night
- Artificial shadows won't work, it has to be night
So, they spawn only at night, with spawn rate and light conditions similar to other hostile mobs. They still spawn underground, the same way they did before in slime chunks. All of then despawn if you're too far.
Oct 3, 2012Posted in: Future UpdatesQuote from Robloxius
All I see is posts flaming the complainers, I never see the complainer ever been given a chance.
There are more people on this forum complaining about complainers then complainers complaining about actual game content! Its madness!
The vast majority of the complain threads are self-defeating, since for some reason almost all of them are poorly constructed and based off of the logic that since they don't it should be changed or removed, with little in the way of reasoning for a better alternative or why they're saying what they're saying.
Oct 3, 2012Nerevar posted a message on More World Generator Features, Thanks to DinnerboneOpposing arguments still boil down to abstract and unnecessary standards and controlling how others play. A judge would have closed this case hours ago.Posted in: Future Updates
If you don't want to use the sliders then don't. If you do, then do. Everyone is happy!
Oct 3, 2012GorgeousTaylor posted a message on More World Generator Features, Thanks to DinnerboneThey're turning on Dinnerbone already, this is what happens to all the devs, don't get surprised when he gets fed up with this BS.Posted in: Future Updates
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.