- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 11 months, and 7 days
Last active Wed, Jul, 23 2014 07:17:49
- 0 Followers
- 194 Total Posts
- 14 Thanks
Jan 21, 2012that isn't necessary. i was looking for brand names because certain brands are higher quality than others. for example: corsair, g.skill, kingston, crucial, patriot, pny, mushkin, etc.Posted in: Legacy Support
i personally recommend 'corsair', as their memory chips are of a high quality, affordable, and have a long life. maybe you got a more budget type of ram, or generic, that's actually slower.
Jan 21, 2012i highly doubt this is related to minecraft.Posted in: Legacy Support
what brand of ram did you have previously, and what did you upgrade into? newegg links would be nice.
have you changed anything else besides the ram? any setting? anything?
Jan 21, 2012it's black screening because it's launching an empty applet. you have to login successfully and let the launcher update itself to be able to play the game.Posted in: Legacy Support
if you're logging in successfully, but you're still not able to properly connect to minecraft.net, your account may not be fully verified. did you just buy it? maybe it needs a minute. also, if you're logging in successfully, consider pressing "Options" on the launcher, and press "Force Update". might work.
and, are you sure you're logged in correctly? when you login, does it try to load or does it say "login failed"?
edit: i can verify the login/update servers are online.
Jan 21, 2012was this new thread necessary? did you do the things i told you to do in your last?Posted in: Legacy Support
Quote from exe626
1. close your browser. browser cache and minecraft cache create some unexplained error when the browser has been opened for prolonged amounts of time.
2. if you use an intel chipset, disable OpenGL, it isn't compatable.
3. change performance to 'max FPS', so it uses max cpu/gpu to perform best quality.
4. open your gpu's image display settings, and make sure it's set to 'performance', rather than quality.
5. uninstall chrome.
6. allocate more memory to java, see: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/350344-allocating-more-memory-to-java-windows/
7: restart your pc.
if none of that did anything, and you're still dropping so much from seeing any chunk update:
8. are you on 'Far' render? if so, lower it.
9. what version of java are you using? you have a 64bit os, do you have a 64bit version of java?
10. are you running any memory-hogging programs in the background(typically 200k+ memory usage in your task manager)? if so, i suggest thinning them out. though minecraft may appear low-tech, it's very cpu/gpu intensive.
Jan 21, 2012exe626 posted a message on 64bit Java and minecraft lag question also server questions?to allocate more memory to java in windows, read here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/350344-allocating-more-memory-to-java-windows/Posted in: Legacy Support
Jan 21, 2012there's another thread with the exact same issue, read here:Posted in: Legacy Support
i browsed it a bit, seems there's various fix methods in that thread.
Jan 21, 2012as gerbil said, downloading mcedit may be the only way to fix this. however, there is a thread over in the survival section:Posted in: Legacy Support
i haven't followed it, bit as i understand, the op fixes your game map with the use of mcedit.
silly me, i hadn't noticed the sticky at the top of this section.
Jan 21, 2012you'd probably get a better reply in the optifine thread.Posted in: Legacy Support
are you properly installing it? when you're in-game, do you see a shitton of new buttons in the video settings? configure those. as i recall, they're all left to minecrafts 'default' upon initial install.
ideal things to turn on are the max fps for performance, and .. smooth or stable fps, can't remember its name.
Jan 21, 2012exe626 posted a message on Done loading screen stuck and black client screen HELP!deleting his \bin folder would solve nothing. he can't connect to minecraft.net to properly patch his game, so he's either running an empty applet or a broken one. the only solution is to make sure your account information is typed 100% correctly(including any caps, it's case sensitive). i can login to minecraft, so i know the servers are online.Posted in: Legacy Support
- To post a comment, please login.
- To post a comment, please login.