- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 5 months, and 24 days
Last active Fri, Jan, 6 2012 16:31:06
- 0 Followers
- 101 Total Posts
- 5 Thanks
Jun 21, 2011Posted in: Survival Mode
- You wouldn't need to download a program to change your username
- If it was okay with Notch and Mojang, they would support the feature
- On their FAQ, they say there is no REAL way to change your username
- If your computer/anti-virus software TELLS you it's a virus, it most likely IS a virus
- You said you didn't make this, and you shouldn't download suspicious files like this from people you don't know, so no one here is going to download it
It's fake, it's a virus, it's a scam - whatever you want to call it. Glad people on this forum are smart enough to not easily infect their computers.
Jun 21, 2011ethood1999 posted a message on ★★★ SKCraft ★★★ | VANILLA + FORGE MODDED | Play with others, without theft! | Mature community | Since 2010Name: SimonPosted in: PC Servers
5 sentences: I might be young, but people call me mature for my age. I'm not going to go on a griefing spree or act tough over the internet. I love Minecraft, I have been playing since December. My friends and I are also looking for a server to play on, so if I enjoy this, I'm probably going to recommend them all to it. I don't exactly consider myself a good builder, even though people tell me otherwise. I like redstone, I think it's cool, I designed a pretty cool train station with it on my Singleplayer world except it might have been pretty basic for most people. I understand all of the logic gates and how each component of redstone works (like torches, repeaters, etc.) and I think I can learn a bit more about if I need to.
EDIT: Forgot my in-game name. It's ethood1999
Jun 17, 2011ethood1999 posted a message on Professional Spriter Looking for Server to Build On.Pictures of your work?Posted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
Jun 17, 2011You're going to want to make a backup of your world file. The easiest way to do this is:Posted in: Survival Mode
1. Go to the Minecraft Main Menu (with Singleplayer, Multiplayers, Mods and Texture Packs, etc.)
2. Click on "Mods and Texture Packs"
3. Click on "Open Texture Pack Folder"
4. You should be in a folder called "texturepacks". You are going to want to go to the folder that this is in. If that doesn't make sense, basically, you want to navigate yourself to the folder named ".minecraft". On Windows 7, you simply have to click ".minecraft" from the address bar.
5. Open up your "saves" folder.
6. Select the folder with the name corresponding to the name of your world for the 404 challenge.
7. Copy that folder, and paste it anywhere (like "My Documents") and when/if you die, you simply navigate back here, delete the folder corresponding to the 404 challenge then paste in your backup folder (the one you placed in a place like "My Documents).
Hope I helped. :smile.gif:
Jun 15, 2011I personally don't like Firefox.. but seriously.. what's the point in this thread? Random rants that no one really cares about? If you didn't give off the vibe you were so angry and carefully explained why firefox is "bad", maybe this thread would turn out better.Posted in: Computer Science and Technology
Also, Opera is the 5th most used browser. No way in hell that thing is ranked higher than Safari. It goes IE>Firefox>Chrome>Safari>Opera
I've only used IE, Firefox and Chrome, and I personally rank it like this: Chrome>Firefox>IE. Chrome uses like no memory at all, pages load super fast, and I generally have no problems with it compared to Firefox which took up .5gb of memory..
I don't know what Google Chrome you use, but the Google Chrome I use certainly isn't a "stupid paperweight of a web browser". :smile.gif:
May 26, 2011It's illegal/against Notch's rules to redistribute anything he's made. And before you call me a troll, that means that any of us sending you the 1.5 client would be breaking Notch's one golden rule. So sorry, you're just going to have to find the 1.5 client on some other site or wait until Bukkit/whatever server mod your server host uses updates to 1.6Posted in: Legacy Support
May 26, 2011ethood1999 posted a message on Old computer and new computer have same specs; new computer lags much moreSo I'm just gonna return my laptop and get a full refund (it's within Dell's 21-day return period) and get a computer with a similar graphics card. Thanks so much for your help guys.Posted in: Legacy Support
EDIT: Similar graphics card to my old computer (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250)
May 26, 2011ethood1999 posted a message on Old computer and new computer have same specs; new computer lags much moreI'm looking at new computers, is a "Intel HD Graphics" GPU also bad? It doesn't use the word integrated.Posted in: Legacy Support
May 26, 2011ethood1999 posted a message on Old computer and new computer have same specs; new computer lags much morePosted in: Legacy SupportQuote from Volandrius
When it says "Integrated" it means its a pretty basic video card built into a motherboard. That might be your problem right there.
Also, make sure your render distance isn't on "FAR" make sure its on anything below normal because thats too much render distance than your Integrated can handle. Another thing to make sure is that your graphics for the game are on "FAST" and not "FANCY"
Hope I helped!
So my issue is that my graphics card pretty much sucks? Because on Tiny Render Distance, Fast Graphics and Smooth Lighting off, it still lags. :/
May 26, 2011My old computer has a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 GPU, and my new computer has a Integrated Intel HD.Posted in: Legacy Support
May 26, 2011You probably still have the old launcher. When you start up minecraft, do you have the basic login screen, or do you ahve the login screen that shows updates from Notch's tumblr? And credits all the developers? You'll know what I'm talking about if you have it.Posted in: Legacy Support
May 26, 2011I know both HP and Dell have a bad rep, but HP was amazing for me, and is going to be my most trusted manufacturer. Dell is just terrible, my dad wanted me to buy a Dell even though I protested.Posted in: Legacy Support
What's the easiest way to find your GPU? I'm pretty sure on my new computer it's like Integrated Intel HD, I'm not sure about my old one though. Is the "Integrated Intel HD" bad? It sounds pretty basic :/
May 26, 2011Something I left out from the OP, it's not just 1.6 or 1.6.4. When 1.5_01 was out, it lagged just as equal (on my new computer).Posted in: Legacy Support
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.