In the .minecraft/libraries/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/lwjgl-platform/ folder:
In the .minecraft/version folder:
- Copy the folder 2.9.0 to 2.9.0-sound
- Go into this folder, rename lwjgl-platform-2.9.0-natives-windows.jar to lwjgl-platform-2.9.0-sound-natives-windows.jar
- Open up the jar and shove your files into it
Save & Close all files, run the launcher, select the new 1.6.1-sound version in your profile and if what you say works, you should have sound again.
- Copy a version (eg: 1.6.1 -> 1.6.1-sound), rename all the files that have 1.6.1 in that folder to 1.6.1-sound; edit the json file to say 1.6.1-sound where it says 1.6.1 as well
- Now in that json find the line with: "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl-platform:2.9.0", and change it to say: "name": "org.lwjgl.lwjgl:lwjgl-platform:2.9.0-sound",
I'm mostly stuck on what he means by copy the folder 2.9.0 to 2.9.0-sound. I don't see that folder anywhere. Does he mean rename it to 2.9.0-sound? Could someone make an idiot's guide to fixing the sound bug please?