The culmination of months of work, The Tomb of Eldritch Psychic Horror is a true fusion of adventure and puzzle map. Following a malfunction and harrowing crash on your starship, you find yourself stranded on an unfamiliar world with few resources. With the only sign of life other than the remains of your craft being an ominous tomb set in the alien mountainside, you must descend into its depths in hope of finding a way off the forsaken planet. Dare to go where few before you have gone, and where none have escaped with their sanity. Brave deceptive puzzles, classic dungeon-style traps around every corner, all manner of custom creatures, and countless other dangers in your quest for salvation. And remember, nothing is as it seems.
The Tomb is intentionally difficult and frustrating. Your deaths will be kept track of by a scoreboard, and you’ll respawn at the last checkpoint with your whole inventory still on you. It features immersive custom environments outside, and over 50 hand-crafted chambers teeming with danger below the surface. With kilometers of redstone wiring, hundreds on hundreds of command blocks, a state-of-the-art wireless redstone system, and plenty of hidden Easter eggs, the Tomb is an ever-changing adventure like no other.
A defining feature of this map is that while we make extensive use of command blocks, no traps are triggered by them. This means that everything is manually triggered by pressure plates, tripwires, etc., and that if you’re careful enough, it’s possible to avoid nearly every trick the tomb has to throw at you.
But we doubt that will happen. No one has ever made it through the tomb without dying at least once. It’s that hard. Try to prove us wrong.
Rules and Guidelines:
- When in survival mode, break nothing unless you placed it or are specifically directed to do so (but go ahead and place things as much as you want!)
- The Tomb is designed for 1-4 players, and generally takes 2-4 hours to complete.
- Turn on all particles, set render distance to 8 or lower, and ensure you aren’t playing on peaceful (easy difficulty is recommended but not required).
- Play with the default resource pack. Certain areas make use of sounds, music, and textures that if changed could make the area impossible to complete.
- If playing with 1-3 players, respect the multiplayer-only chests. These are intended to supply you with one of the required item, and taking more than one per player will remove the challenge of the room.
- Hints for every area are supplied in a book in the spawn chest. Try not to use it unless you’re completely stuck.
Try to find all the hidden golden carrots scattered around the map as an extra challenge!
We would love to hear your feedback! Tell us how you did, how many times you died, how many carrots you found, and if there’s anything we need to fix. We’d also love to see any videos you make using the map.