What are you talking about? Excavation Focus never pulled items to you.
- Registered Member
Member for 7 years, 10 months, and 8 days
Last active Tue, Jan, 5 2021 19:23:24
- 3 Followers
- 1,931 Total Posts
- 255 Thanks
May 12, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Gunpowder is my go-to source, and I assume most potions would have it (haven't found any yet to check).
Dec 11, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Interesting development when playing the latest version of Lycanites Mobs tonight. I headed into the Nether, when suddenly a mob event started playing! I had my internal clock set to December 17th, so it was Satan Claws. But I had already been attacked by Geonaches when mining ore, so I just thought "okay, I guess that these things happen in the Nether now".
But then when I left the Nether, the event started again! And soon after the chat said that it was no longer spawning mobs. Cool. Fun times.
Except later when I go back into the Nether, there are Satan Claws EVERYWHERE! As I'm walking along, I see the framerate start to stutter. It's like they're still spawning all around me. And then I realize that the chat never said that it stopped spawning them in the Nether, only the overworld! So I warped back to the portal to get back to the overworld and am inundated with more Satan Claws than I can count!
So anyways, I figure that wasn't supposed to be happening, so I'd better report it.
That second picture is nightmare fuel damn.
Dec 10, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.8: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Now, I know you don't want to add creatures that exist already in mythology or other games or whatnot, but hear me out: the Dead Hand.
If you've played Ocarina of Time up to Beneath the Well, you'll have an idea of the nightmare I'm thinking of. I just feel you and your amazing animations could really do a good job with this. Some changes, of course, to both avoid being a direct copy, and to make it more feasible in Minecraft.
Possible modifications & other details:
- Only reveals itself when there is a single player within a certain distance. If more players arrive, it hides itself and retreats.
- Possibility to force it into visibility by finding the hiding place, perhaps a Lens of Truth-sort of thing.
- This would not be an enemy to spawn anywhere, but something for a structure, like the Ferrous Wroughtnaut. Some sort of underground crypt-like chamber.
- When hiding, it goes into blocks like Silverfish, but the block is marked with a dark shadow of sorts. Would start out hidden in the center block of the chamber, only popping out when a single player enters. Perhaps limited to hiding inside certain types of blocks, to prevent it from getting too far away or following the player if they decide to flee.
- Can move up to a few blocks away when hidden, but not too many. Perhaps it only appears to move, moving the shadow on the block, while the real entity remains in the initial position, although this is really only effective the first few times.
- Minor loot, or visibly fancy chests in the chamber, to tempt a lone player into entering unawares? Greater loot for killing it, of course (still working on that bit).
- One drop could be the Lens of Truth type item itself, to allow future encounters to be made somewhat easier.
- Option: a certain number of hands/arms have to be killed/destroyed before the main entity reveals itself/is able to be harmed.
- Option: the blocks it hides in become unbreakable via normal means, but explosions can force it out into the light.
- Since this would likely end up counting as undead, thus being flammable in sunlight, perhaps it is quicker to resume hiding if exposed to the light.
An alternate name would probably be needed, along with some minor visual differences unless you wanted to just make the Dead Hand as-is. I'm struggling on thinking of a name, though, at the moment.
I could see this being both really fun and potentially terrifying. Good on servers, where you might accidentally break into this underground chamber, and maybe you realize what it is and retreat for backup, or maybe you don't...
Go get backup, to collect some minor loot? Or challenge what lies in the darkness, all alone?
Apr 26, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The RotaryCraft manual needs a way to close it but remember what page you were on. Botania's book does this, and the Chromatic Lexicon has a button that specifically does this. When will the RoC one get this feature?
Apr 25, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I was wondering if i could use your mods( rotary craft, electric raft, and reactor craft) in my modpack i am currently optimizing things and fixing broken stuff. Thank you for your time!
Also, nice job on the new cave feature, i could see myself using that 24/7
Read the pack guidelines again. You forgot something.
And yeah this cave thing looks awesome. Can't wait for whatever the next version is (v17?)
Apr 5, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
That is amazing. Disappointed I missed it.
So...either a visual change, or the monster gets more aggressive the more valuable stuff you have on you? Either way, I like it. I'm probably still wrong, though c:
Feb 17, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Ars Magica 2 - Version 1.4.0.009 (Updated February 8, 2016)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It seems that an Entity from another mod (see bolded words in your log) is acting as if it has AM2 mana somehow, even though (obviously) it doesn't.
I also bolded the block, chunk and region coordinates for you, so you can rather easily open that region file with NBT-Explorer, find the chunk, find the entity and delete it.
I've had this same issue before with the Familiars mod. I guess Rana just really wants to be a mage...
Jan 15, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Seems like this is slowly drifting towards customization in the realm of Ars Magica, which would be great. Keybind to switch to different "gestures" or targets, such as self or beam or projectile as suggested before. Or maybe actual gestures like Witchery's Mystic Branch?
Also, if the Crimson Cult is staying with us, what if they still used wands? Thaumaturges may have moved on to the more powerful Arcane Gauntlets, but the cultists aren't exactly the sharpest or the most innovative (channelling those eldritch portals for nearly forever). Maybe they use wands still, which would drop when they die, and the focus could be extracted somehow for Gauntlet use? Like getting a Pech's Curse focus from the pechs, but the wand itself is near-useless to us now. Also I really want that homing electric fireball spell that they use.
- To post a comment, please login.
Oct 6, 2013Posted in: Minecraft ModsI had been wrestling with the decision for a while now, and unfortunately I have decided to stop working on Thaumcraft and other mods.The simple truth is that between IRL commitments, work and studies I simply didn't have enough time to devote to modding. Something had to give and unfortunately the obvious choice was modding.
"Thaumaturgy... which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at." - Mathematicall Praeface to Euclid's Elements (1570), John Dee
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about - drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
Simply find some vis crystals in the world, mine them and follow the clues.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Iron Capped Wooden Wand crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Suggestions are welcomed here
Please help support me via Patreon Also go check me out on Twitter @Azanor1 for announcements and such.
Direct Download Links6.1.BETA26 for Minecraft 1.12.2
Older versions6.0.BETA8 for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.4 for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.3 for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.5 for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.1.14 for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.0g for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.5b for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.4c for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.5i for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.4c for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.3 for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.1c for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.1b for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.6d for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.6 for Minecraft 1.1
For ModdersThaumcraft API for 6.1.BETA26Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.1.BETA26Thaumcraft API for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft API for 5.2.4Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.2.4Thaumcraft API for 5.0.3Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.0.3Thaumcraft API for 188.8.131.52Thaumcraft DEV Build for 184.108.40.206If you want a slightly more cutting edge version of the api, go to my GitHub
Language Localization and bug reportsI have set up a Git repository so people can easily add localizations and create issues for bug reports - HERE
Thanks to the following folks for their help with translationsVexatos, jualme, crafteverywhere, Mexahoid, FrancescoDeSa, TheVikingWarrior, Hgmoa, VeryBigBro, avttrue, ferzrrn, RustyXXL, bgh251f2, Egor305, Zaltora, PlatonCraft, XuIIIHuK, Sternes, DancingPeral, GLaDTheresCake, BrunoLG, dmf444, aucunn, tyrope, m9731526
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
WARNINGThere is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
Change LogCurrently the Eldritch & Aurmancy tier of research are still heavily WIP. There is some things I need to sort out and balance before I can implement them properly.
- fix altar particle related crash on servers
- API: deprecated IStabilizable
- API: added IGogglesDisplay
- API: added oredict support in json research entries for required_item and required_craft.
- fix for crash related to the latest versions of forge (220.127.116.1168)
- infusion instability mechanics have been completely reworked. Check your thaumonomicon. TLDR version, stabilizers simply add a lot of stability to infusion now, but when paired with redstone inlay can do other fancy things. They no longer use RF.
- added advanced break seal
- golem press will now properly consume crafting components
- more fixes to seal & logistics GUI's
- custom thaumcraft shaders should once again work
- buffer will no longer draw essentia from adjacent blocks if that side has been disconnected
- added Lamplighter infusion enchantment
- I now prevent most thaumcraft UI elements from overlapping
- when riding a minecart the arcane bore will not switch off if there are no tracks below (for whatever reason)
- tainted animals & critters will now do damage instead of just aggressive nudging
- changed the way itemstacks sync to clients which should get rid of a lot of odd behaviour in certain gui's
- greatwood trees now require 4 saplings to grow like large vanilla trees. They drop more saplings to account for this change.
- thaumatorium should now display all recipes (occasionally a recipe would be lost, like the spiritus vis crystal recipe)
- thaumatorium recipes are now sorted alphabetically
- cultist armor now have their own material types
- made many thaumcraft blocks rotateble with modded wrenches that allow it
- entity aspects can now be viewed through the thaumometer
- empty & provider seal should no longer cause golems to drop items on ground when picking up something new
- water jar can now fill vanilla cauldrons & glass bottles again
- fixed several focal manipulator ui issues
- golem press now checks adjacent inventories for crafting materials as well
- golem appearance should now sync more consistently on servers
- provide and empty seals will no longer cause items to drop on the ground if the target inventory (as set by stock, fill, etc) is full
- stock seals will now check if the target inventory has room before creating a task
- greatly improved flying golem movement
- improved golem responsiveness
- fixed banner server crash
- fixed crafting recipe for primal crusher
- added console command to revoke specific research from a player instead of resetting it all. Format: /thaumcraft research revoke . This will also remove any research that relies on the revoked research.
- tweaked infusion crafting instability so that instability added is on a sliding scale - the higher the instability, the less chance it has of becoming worse.
- the amount by which infusion crafting stability increases after instability occurs has been increased.
- added aspect names to display name of vis crystals and essentia phials
- fix soft-crash when you tried to craft a multiblock by clicking on the top or bottom face of a block with salis mundus
- fixed a major bug that was causing you to only gain progress in the 'blue' theorycraft categories instead of all of them. Rounding is awesome!
- fixed void siphon crash on dedicated servers
- fixed stabilizer particles... again
- rebelanced some crafting recipes
- cloudstepper ring should now properly negate fall damage when double jumping and will not do silly things when you are underwater
- items with sounding effect will now only trigger it if sneak + right clicked instead of the other way around
- primal crusher recipe now accepts broken tools as ingredients
- rebalanced flux condenser essentia cost
- API: fixed the AspectRegistryEvent to use a proxy object (register) that contains the actual registration methods. This was done to prevent some ASM related issues.
- fix for thaumotorium not syncing in MP
- fire bats once again cause mob damage
- FORGE: Updated to Forge version 18.104.22.16805
- API: Certain mods that define their own item aspects have been accidentally doing so in the 'wrong' place. To prevent this I will now wipe all item aspects registration that occurs before TC defines the core item aspects.
- API: Additionally I have added an event mods can subscribe to that would be the correct place to define item aspects. The existing aspect definition methods will be deprecated and eventually will only be accessible through this event.
- API: Added events when a player gains knowledge or progresses research. See thaumcraft.api.research.ResearchEvent. The events can be cancelled.
- improved thaumatorium GUI
- harvesting golems will now try and right-click a crop first before trying to break it
- increased the knowledge gained from curios
- rebalanced some base item aspects and added a couple of alternate sources for hard to get aspects
- thaumium smelter is now 90% efficient instead of 85%
- improved arcane bore interaction with infusion enchantments like destructive
- fixed enchantment detection during research
- fixed triple meat treat recipe
- improved foci radial menu animation and unlinked it from fps
- fixed certain foci in radial menu not showing up if they are too similar to other foci
- you can now only have one scatter modifier per focus
- prevent crash with focus pouch if you click on it while it's inventory is open
- arcane workbench should properly choose the correct crystals to use between similar recipes
- to make early game mistakes a bit more forgiving the crucible will only turn 25% of spilled essentia into flux instead of the current 50%-75%
- added a 'noSleep' config option so you can get the salis mundus recipe book without having to sleep first
- fixed eldritch crab rendering when 'mounted'
- fixed the mod interaction bug with the hats mod
- fix out of bounds condenser crash
- increased condenser essentia suction
- flux generators now produce up to 20 rf/tick. The vis cost is still the same (1 vis = 1000 rf).
- flux stabiliser can now accept power from all sides except the front. This means 5 flux generators will be able to fully power a stabiliser as it can accept up to 100 rf/tick max.
- candles and other items are now slightly more effective during infusion and you can have up to 12 (up from 10) - a much more symmetrical number
- improved detection of enchanted books in research and recipes
- arcane ear now supports new instrument types
- scanning inventories with a thaumometer is now limited to the first 100 items to prevent lag spikes with massive inventories
- thaumcraft leaves will no longer decay if placed by a player
- entities ridden by a player can now pass through warding barriers
- fixed warded jar contents display in inventory
- warded jars crafted into void jars now retain their contents, labels, etc.
- arcane workbench now actually checks if you have the proper research
- added first bits of eldritch tier research. Much more to come
- everful urns now act as water tanks that contain up to 1 bucket volume of water and can interact with piping systems.
- switched liquid death and purifying fluid to use the forge universal bucket. Existing buckets will no longer be valid
- fix for stabilizer server crash
- allow traveller boots and cloud ring falling damage reduction to stack with other falling reduction items and each other
- improved thaumometer performance
- fix for pedestals incorrectly allowing more than one item to be placed in them via automation
- fix datamanager declarations for some thaumcraft entities that was causing mod interaction issues
- vis crystal growth, shrinking, and spread no longer causes flux as a side-effect. Flux crystals now properly grow and shrink based on flux instead of vis.
- improved recipe recursion checking to better account for container items
- flux rifts once again close when they spawn taint seeds, but the larger they are, the more potent the spawned seed is
- added a way to manage flux & flux rifts. This is still WIP and will be expanded and balanced in future updates
- fix for clientside particle crash
- fix for aura chunk related crash & cascading worldgen
- arcane workbench should now be able to craft vanilla recipes without the presence of crystals
- fix for chunk loading errors on server start
- fix for seeking projectiles causing client crash
- possible fix for pedestal desync issues during infusion
- fixed moon phase descriptions
- alembic can once again be emptied on shift-right click with an empty hand
- creative flux sponge can now also remove flux rifts
- fixed armor dyes
- fixed arcane bore dupe bug and made its digger radius a bit more accurate when stationary
- vis batteries will now drop when harvested
- pattern crafter now removes the proper amount of items
- fixed possible dupe bug with certain mods combined with arcane bore, seals and breaker focus
- new stuff: vis batteries, vis generator, stabilizer, stock seal
- fixed arcane pattern crafter
- relaxed nbt checking in crucible recipes, infusion recipes and research hand ins to account for other mods that add custom nbt tags
- fixed mod compatibility load order
- fixed an edge case bug where custom recipes from other mods could cause strange results in the arcane workbench
- tweaked amber block/brick recipes
- fixed seal filters to allow non-standard stack sizes. You might want to check all your seal filters to make sure they behave as they should
- API: seal filters now store stack sizes independently of the itemstacks themselves. New methods added to get and set those numbers.
- increased experimentation inspiration cost to 2, but also increased the amount of progress it gives
- fixed custom gui toggle buttons
- seeking focus projectiles are now 56% more seeky
- bouncing focus projectiles can now only bounce off solid blocks
- revamped infusion crafting stability mechanics
- infusion recipes now properly recognize damaged items and will transfer the damage to crafting results where appropriate
- toned down taint poison spawned by certain things
- loads of balance tweaks
FAQQ: What is this Baubles thing that I need? A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory? A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
(3) Config File Settings For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC 5 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding thaumcraft world gen to existing worldsYes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
Addon ModsThese are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers: I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests. - Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. - Try not to add more than one research tab - Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab - Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location. - Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
- Thaumic Tinkerer - Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - Electric Magic Tools
Texture Packs - Soartex - Faithful 32x Thaumcraft Addon
Mod Pack PolicyThe code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions: 1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post. 2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack. 3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor). 4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so. 5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...My Beta Testers, you know who you areAll the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBE CovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.org BitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
© Azanor 2012+ This mod (plugin, patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://minecraft.net/terms are sole property of the Mod author (Azanor, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net by the Owner. They may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mods are strictly forbidden without advance written permission. This mod isn't open source.
Long version:TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Sep 11, 2018Reika posted a message on Reika's Mods (Tech, WorldGen, Civilization, and more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Aug 26, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I was here in page 1000 and will be in the 2000th!!!! Love the mod with all my heart, am proud of this community and of being in it. For Azanor: thank you for all the time and effort put into this updates wich are coming with the speed of thought at us <3
Dec 27, 2017Krill13 posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.8: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mowzie how do you feel about mobs who have combat systems that are more more akin to minigames than actual combat? Just wondering.
Dec 22, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I've added them now, but they still need images which I will add later today. I had made a massive 14 mob update along with the 3 dragon update not long after so it's taken a while for me to get round to updating the site yo see.
Dec 18, 2017Reika posted a message on Reika's Mods (Tech, WorldGen, Civilization, and more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Aside from the fact that I, not being American, nor interested, given the current situation, in even setting foot in that country, let alone living there, with all of the ruinous developments that entails for my safety, sanity, and security? And the fact that I am thus am entirely ineligible under US law to hold any public office, and could never be made eligible for the presidency? And the fact that my views so jarringly disagree with, and some personal traits make me an acceptable target for (or even outright enemy of), at least 30% of that country - an especially aggressive, self-interested, shortsighted, and (importantly) well-armed subset at that - I would be very unlikely to survive a term?
Replacing one broken and rigged system with another is not much of an improvement, and a decision of this nature would likely only hasten the already increasingly rapid and seemingly-inevitable collapse, fragmentation, or worse, especially given that it would be literally seen as complete validation for that aforementioned 30%, and an easy excuse to lash out at literally everyone else.
And the fact that I would now be in control of an enormously powerful military that I would want to use to solve a large number of problems that seem otherwise intractable, but my lack of experience in using such a thing could well make things far worse in the long term given the reactions it may incur, and the fact my mentality is usually - to a degree others have called "terrifyingly" - strongly utilitarian, including the corollary of "sometimes benefit for most may entail detriment to a comparative few". I suspect a number of billion-dollar companies and billionaire CEOs, some dictators, and some destructive social movements might take special issue with that.
Any amount of control I - or anyone else not in some special position of importance - might have over this is in picking up the pieces and scavenging some scraps some years or decades from now.
- To post a comment, please login.