You really should be careful if some of these songs are copyrighted. Make sure you have permission before putting them in.
I also suggest making it easier to craft the disks. Slimeballs are nearly impossible to come by.
EDIT: Also, keep the dubstep in. It's good.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 9 months, and 8 days
Last active Sat, Mar, 10 2012 23:22:20
- 0 Followers
- 111 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Sep 16, 2011XShredderX posted a message on 1.7.3 will be the last version of MC that I ever playPosted in: 1.8 Update DiscussionQuote from BlackMonarch
"Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens."
Enjoy your daily serving of fail.
Btw, get owned.
Sep 14, 2011I honestly think boss mobs should have a different looking door, only unlockable by a key found in a secret room of a stronghold. And then once unlocking the door, the camera pans to the boss mob, hidden by darkness, except one body part. (Eyes, Legs, etc.) I also think that boss mobs should be HUGE. Like the giants that never got put into Minecraft, except a unique look. They should be really scary, and music should change depending on what boss it is. And the door to the boss room should close and lock until the boss is defeated. Honestly, I would love to have epic boss fights like this.Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
I also think "mini-bosses" should come into the abandoned mines. Not nearly as big or bad as stronghold bosses, but still a pain to kill, but yet still rewarding.
Tell me what you guys think :smile.gif:
- To post a comment, please login.
Dec 3, 2011New MCX360: Questions and Answers threadPosted in: MCX360: Discussion
Feel free to Ask ANY questions
Xbox 360 Minecraft Edition[goto=bottom][/goto]
TheElm - Creator
KioriBug - Answers Questions
Minecraft Community - Doing Stuff
4J Studios - Making the xbox port
(01) [goto=1]Will Minecraft PC & Minecraft Xbox SMP be compatible?[/goto]
(02) [goto=2]How will we get texturepacks and mods?[/goto]
(03) [goto=3]How much will it cost?[/goto]
(04) [goto=4]When will it be released?[/goto]
(05) [goto=5]Will the xbox version have SMP?[/goto]
(06) [goto=6]Is this an Indie Game?[/goto]
(07) [goto=7]How will servers work?[/goto]
(08) [goto=8]How will we protect against griefers?[/goto]
(09) [goto=9]PC version is better! Using a Chatpad sucks![/goto]
(10) [goto=10]How would we transfer maps from PC to Xbox?[/goto]
(11) [goto=11]How will you kinect version work?[/goto]
(12) [goto=12]Split Screen?[/goto]
(13) [goto=13]Who is making Minecraft xbox version?[/goto]
(14) [goto=14]How will we get our skins on the Xbox?[/goto]
(15) [goto=15]Will I be able to buy the game with my unused giftcode?[/goto]
(16) [goto=16]Do I get this free/discount for being an alpha buyer?[/goto]
(17) [goto=17]When we start a world in multiplayer, will it be reset everytime we start a server, or can we select the saved map from a menu?[/goto]
(18) [goto=18]What version they will be releasing on Xbox?[/goto]
(19) [goto=19]Xbox avatars or Steves?[/goto]
(20) [goto=20]Will minecraft be for PS3 Also?[/goto]
(21) [goto=21]How will crafting work?[/goto]
(22) [goto=22]Will the xbox version also be bi-lingual?[/goto]
(23) [goto-23]If PC users and 360 users can connect to the same server, can I prevent 360 users from joining my server?[/goto]
(24) [goto-24]Will ______ item/mob be in the release?[/goto]
(25) [goto-25]Will I get an xbox achievement if I have _____ mod?[/goto]
(26) [goto-26]What are the Xbox achievements?[/goto]
(27) [goto-27]What are the Xbox awards?[/goto]
(28) [goto-28]Do I have to pay for future updates?[/goto]
(29) [goto-29]I'm unhappy because I cannot play splitscreen.[/goto]
(30) [goto-30]How do we change our skin?[/goto]
(31) [goto-31]Will the worlds ever be infinitely large?[/goto]
(32) [goto-32]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(33) [goto-33]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(34) [goto-34]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(35) [goto-35]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(36) [goto-36]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(37) [goto-37]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(38) [goto-38]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(39) [goto-39]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(40) [goto-40]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(41) [goto-41]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(42) [goto-42]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(43) [goto-43]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(44) [goto-44]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(45) [goto-45]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(46) [goto-46]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(47) [goto-47]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(48) [goto-48]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(49) [goto-49]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(50) [goto-50]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(51) [goto-51]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(52) [goto-52]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(53) [goto-53]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(54) [goto-54]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(55) [goto-55]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(56) [goto-56]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(57) [goto-57]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(58) [goto-58]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(59) [goto-59]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(60) [goto-60]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(61) [goto-61]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(62) [goto-62]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(63) [goto-63]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(64) [goto-64]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(65) [goto-65]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(66) [goto-66]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(67) [goto-67]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(68) [goto-68]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(69) [goto-69]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(70) [goto-70]**Pending Question**[/goto]
(01) Will minecraft PC and minecraft xbox SMP be compatible?
Xbox & PC SMP are not yet available.
(02) How will we get texture packs and mods?
Texture packs could be built in or download able.
There is also a possibility of being able to transfer packs with a flash drive/internet
Jeb is working on a Mod API.
(03) How much does the game cost?
1,600 MS-points (20 $)
(04) When was it released?
May 9th 2012.
(05) Will the xbox version have SMP?
4 Person Split-Screen, 8 person xbox-live multiplayer.
(06) Is this an Indie game?
This game will be in the XBLA (XboxLiveArcade) So it will not be an indie game.
Australia/Ireland/etc will have access to the game.
(07) How will servers work?
You can set your game to invite only and you can invite friends, or your friends can join your game randomly.
(08) How will we protect against griefers?
Invite people you trust. You can kick people by pressing SELECT/BACK.
(09) PC version is better! Using a Chatpad sucks!!
This isn't really a question, but
Xbox has a Microphone along with anyone who has a chatpad.
The only incompatibility will most likely be between Xbox and PC users talking. One with mic and other with keyboard.
(10) How would we transfer maps from PC to Xbox?
Maps are not yet available to transfer to the game.
(11) How will the kinect version work?
Kinect is not available currently.
(12) Split Screen?
The xbox version does indeed have split screen. 4 person singleplayer, and 8-person online-multiplayer.
(13) Who is making the Minecraft xbox version?
Notch is not, 4J studios will be making it.
(14) How will we get our skins on the Xbox?
Maybe in the future you'll go to minecraft.net and set up your Xbox Live name to your account, then when you open the game you'll get your skin? This feature is not currently available.
(15) Will I be able to buy the game with my unused giftcode?
No, giftcodes are for the pc version. The xbox version is not being made by mojang and you will not be able to enter a giftcode anywhere. You will use your xboxlive account and buy it with xboxlive points.
(16) Do I get this free/discount for being an alpha buyer?
(17) When we start a world in multiplayer, will it be reset everytime we start a server, or can we select the saved map from a menu?
When you select what world you want to play on, you can check wether you want it to be"online" and also if you want it to be "invite only".
(18) What version they will be releasing on Xbox?
(19) Xbox Avatars or Steves?
There are steves, Depending on how many people join is what skin they are assigned, in order.
Order: Plain-Steve, Tennis-Suit, Tuxedo...
(20) Will minecraft be for PS3 Also?
Minecraft is be an Xbox / PC / Pocket-Edition exclusive game.
Notch signed a deal with Micrososoft. Its Exclusive.
(21) How will crafting work?
(22) Will the xbox version also be bi-lingual?
Most likely, The language changing was created by jeb asking the community what the translations were to help him accurately translate the items names. It would be quite simple to change out the item name as it is just simple javascipt rather then reconstructing new blocks with new names. The name of the item is changed depending on which language you have selected.
(23) If PC users and 360 users can connect to the same server, can I prevent 360 users from joining my server?
With the minecraft-vanilla-server software, I doubt it. Just like servers cannot detect if a person is using Linux, Mac, or Windows. Same thing with Xbox. Though people will most likely make a plugin for Bukkit to block people, just like there are already plugins for bukkit to see if people are using mods on there client. Though nobody really has a reason to make a plugin to detect Linux, Mac, or Windows. There will probably be one to detect the xbox.
(24) Will _____ item/mob be in the release?
It will be when the game is updated the the version the item/mob was released in.
(25) Will I get an Xbox achievement if I have ____ mod?
No, you may get an ingame achievement, if the game allows mods, but you will not get an Xboxlive achievement for it. If a mod were to give you an xboxlive achievement the mod would be modding the xbox rather than modifying the game, which is not-allowed.
(26) What are the Xbox achievements?
Getting Wood - Punch a tree until the block of wood pops out.
Benchmarking - Craft a workbench with four blocks of wooden planks.
Cow Tipper - Harvest some leather
Taking Inventory - Open your inventory
The Lie - Bake a cake using wheat sugar, milk and eggs!
Bake Bread - Turn wheat into bread.
MOAR Tools - Construct one type of each tool.
Acquire Hardware - Smelt an iron ingot.
Monster Hunter - Attack and destroy a monster.
Getting an upgrade - Construct a better pickaxe.
Hot Topic - Construct a furnace out of eight cobblestone blocks.
Time to mine! - Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe.
Time to farm! - Use planks and sticks to make a hoe.
Delicious fish - Catch and cook a fish!
On a rail - Travel by minecart to a point at least 500m in a single direction from where you started.
Time to strike! Use planks and sticks to make a sword.
When pigs fly - Use a saddle to ride a pig, then have the pig get hurt from the fall damage wall riding it.
Leader of The Pack - Befriend five wolves.
Dispense this - Construct a dispenser
Into the nether - Construct a nether portal.
(27) What are the Xbox awards?
The PorkChop Tshirt(1) - The classic Minecraft pork chop T-shirt
The PorkChop Tshirt(2) - The classic Minecraft pork chop T-shirt
A minecraft watch(1)- Play the game for 100 day to night cycles.
A minecraft watch(2)- Play the game for 100 day to night cycles.
The Creeper Cap - Kill a creeper with arrows.
(28) Do I have to pay for future updates?
Nope, Game updates are free.
(29) I'm unhappy because I cannot play split-screen
We updated our pre-sale notification to inform customers that an HD screen is required for the split-screen multiplayer feature on Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. If a player does not have an HD screen and purchased this game prior to the notification update, they are eligible for a full refund through customer support.
(30) How do we change our skin?
You can change your skin via the main menu. There are currently two skin packs out that you can buy.
(31) Will the worlds ever be infinitely large?
Probably not, As the xbox has limited space, unless users have an option in the future to allow more harddrive space to minecraft storage.
(32) Pending Question
(33) Pending Question
(34) Pending Question
(35) Pending Question
(36) Pending Question
(37) Pending Question
(38) Pending Question
(39) Pending Question
(40) Pending Question
(41) Pending Question
(42) Pending Question
(43) Pending Question
(44) Pending Question
(45) Pending Question
(46) Pending Question
(47) Pending Question
(48) Pending Question
(49) Pending Question
(50) Pending Question
(51) Pending Question
(52) Pending Question
(53) Pending Question
(54) Pending Question
(55) Pending Question
(56) Pending Question
(57) Pending Question
(58) Pending Question
(59) Pending Question
(60) Pending Question
(61) Pending Question
(62) Pending Question
(63) Pending Question
(64) Pending Question
(65) Pending Question
(66) Pending Question
(67) Pending Question
(68) Pending Question
(69) Pending Question
(70) Pending Question
Aug 13, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods[Genuine] Mods
[Genuine] Closed Captions
This mod displays sounds as text. It was designed for players with hearing problems and people without sound. There is a config to edit any names. This also adds sounds from mods to the config.
Simply press - (minus) on your number pad to toggle between on and off if the sound is off. Use CTRL - (minus) if you want to toggle CC when the sound is on. The key is configurable.
In this picture verbose mode is on, by default this is not the setting used. There are a lot more sounds displayed with verbose. Like the sounds heard when running over blocks and such.
There is a config in the configs folder under GenuineCC, where one can set filters and an auto generated list of available sounds you've heard before. "default" is what it appears to be.
[Genuine] Item Text
This mod displays the item information when you look at a dropped item on the ground.Now uses NEI tooltips if NEI is present.
Simply press o to toggle between the settings. The key is configurable.
[Genuine] Screen Size
Simply press + on your number pad to activate and enter the screen size you'd like to have, works in full-screen as well. The key is configurable.
Typing in anything other than numbers wont work, except for typing in "max".
For the latest source and builds visit http://jenkins.genuineminecraft.com
[Genuine] Mods by Brian Wiegand is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Sep 24, 2011I've lost interest in this mod, if there's anyone with Java knowledge and want to develop this mod, let me know.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
This mod is currently in version 1.6, and supports Minecraft 1.0.0.
The mod adds more menu buttons like Texture Packs, Multiplayer ingame.
Since all these mods are usable in Multiplayer and will give you an unfair advantage to other players, I made it so they will only work in Singleplayer.Screenshots!
Leave feedback, I might add some more buttons if you'd like.
-Re-added the Mod options thingy. It's different now though, you can choose if you want to play legit or not.
-The "M" key opens the Mod GUI (Only if mods are enabled).
-Added some mods.
-Removed the Mod Options thingy, didn't go with the mod.
-Removed the Quit Game button since it's now in the vanilla game.
-Fixed a Texture Pack bug.
-Added step. Allows you to step up 2.5 blocks instead of 0.5.
-Fixed Speed Miner, should not speed up your jumping now. Speed miner also removes the block delay after destroying a block.
-Now you can choose from different speeds (3x, 5x, 2.5x etc)
-Added some more "mods"
-Added Quit Game button.
-Added Mod Options button.
-Added speedhack and fullspeed sneak (Was bored). They're located in Mod Options GUI.
How to install!
- Speedmine - Mines 2 times faster than normal.
- No Water - Walks in water as you're on land.
- No Web - Ignores cobwebs.
- Stepheight - Changes your stepheight to 2.5 instead of 0.5, the default.
- Delay - Removes the block delay after breaking a block. Feel free to suggest a mod to add!
- Download the .rar or .zip file.
- Open it with Winrar/7zip (anything that can open .rar and .zip)
- Find your minecraft.jar file and open it.
- Replace the downloaded .class files with the old ones. Note: Any other mod that uses the same .class files will not work.
This document is Copyright ©(2011) of StudioMW2 (hereafter referred to as "The Owner") and is the intellectual property of The Owner. Only Minecraftforum.net and mcmodcenter.net is able to host any of The Owner's material without the consent of The Owner. It may not be placed on any other web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. (Electronic mail is acceptable as long as you wait for a response.) If you mirror this mod page or anything The Owner has made on any other site, The Owner may seek compensation for the damages through a lawsuit.
Sep 15, 2011This is no longer a request thread, despite what it was previously.Posted in: Skins
This is now a general gallery for skins I may make in the future. It may turn into a request thread at some point, but not at the moment.
Feel free to use any of the skins I have made, or will make, though.
My PMC gallery: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/adebar/
Examples of my work:
View Dovahkiin (Heavy Armor Version)
View Tron Character
View Adam Jensen
View Storm Paladin
View Alex Mercer
View Herobrine (My version)
View Steampunk Warrior/Robot
View Basic Minecrafter
View Garen Ranger
View Steampunk Hunter
View Asdar Skornblood, the Berserker (Edit)
View Doppelganger Cr'eht, the Mastermind (Edit)
View Edmund LaCroiz, The Veteran (edit)
View Gur'thok the Runt, Fighter (Edit)
View Kayther of the Sacred Rain, the Monk (Edit)
View Loraine the Gallant, the Knight (edit)
View Morgan of Grievedale, the Rogue (Edit)
View Tarra Oakheart, the Chloromancer (Edit)
All of my skins can be found at the PMC link above.
Sep 22, 2011Solaria posted a message on 1.0 New Features! OFFICIAL Report on New Features! MINECRAFT IS RELEASED!Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
[color="#8B0000"]Remember these are "Pre" releases and nothing is completed until the full release.[/color]
[color="#000000"]Find any new features? Screenshots? Report them all here![/color]
Note: This is NOT the place to report bugs. Just new features.
Report bugs here.
[color="#8B0000"]1.0 PreRelease 2 (For 1.1)[/color][color="#000000"]
- No trolling.
- No spamming.
- Read entire OP before posting.
- No advertising.
- No reporting/posting about bugs you find.
- Do NOT ask for help with any issues in this topic.
[color="#8B0000"]Weekly Releases (For the future 1.1)[/color]
- Apples drop from "normal" trees.
- Mobs no longer 'trample' crops. They will if they jump.
- Press "B" and you can change the game mode (surv/creative)
- Can now use shears to destroy tall grass and break it again
- Taiga biomes are back.
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles
- Added multiple languages
- Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
- Corrected a powered rail bug
- Corrected a redstone update bug
- Automatic "Snap Shots": "These "snapshots" will be named 11w47 ( year and week) + a, b, c etc (in case we do more than one), in one word such as "11w47a" - Jeb_
- Fixes double door glitch (fixed in 1.0.1?)
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 Official Release[/color]
- Icon change of the last achievement, "The End."
- Redstone wire that is not connected to anything now resembles a single red dot.
- That's it. Sorry guys. Well, all of the 1.9 stuff is in too. But that doesn't count as 'new' material. ;P 1.9 info is organized below for your convenience. Have a nice day. *Smiles*
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 is released!
The game should download the update as with any normal update! (Force Update on the Launcher)[/color]
[color="#8B0000"]Release Candidate 2 (RC2)[/color]
Post about this will be around #2400 within this topic.
- New Sounds were added shortly before the RCs. Info added in Pre6 too.
- New Getting hurt sound!
- New Explode sound!
- New Chest opening sound!
- New Arrow Shooting sound!
- New Door opening sound!
- New throwing sound! (Eggs / Snowballs)
- New throwing sound! (Eye of Ender)
- New Enderman Teleporting Sound!
- New Enderman Getting hurt Sound!
- New 'Gathering' Orbs Sound!
- New Eating Sound!
- New Potion Drinking Sound! (And you do not 'eat' the bottle anymore.)
- New "Baby" Sheep Sound!
- Blazes have "metallic breathing-in" Sound! Make same sound as a tool breaking when they get damaged.
- Colored sheep now have a random chance of giving you a colored lamb.
- Bows now have durability.
- Quit-Game button in game menu.
- Tools now have a break animation and make a sound when breaking. Blazes make the same 'break' noise sound when hurt.
- Double-Doors open different. Open one left door, and it will open both. [/color]
- Square Moon/Sun
- Water physics fixed.
- Explosion damage 'fixed'.
- Enderdragon is IN the game.
- List of bugs fixed [F] here.
- Redstone is faster to mine.
- Redstone wire no long trys to "snap" into a block with a redstone torch ontop of it.
- Option -> Particle change (Void).
- Mining Obsidian takes about 3 seconds. Bug?
- ALL doors require redstone - BUG - Confirmed.
- New blocks
- Enderdragon healer
- Enderdragon egg
- Stairs drop stairs when mined.
- Iron bars mine faster.
- Infinite lava has been removed.
- Baby sheep can now be "colored". If parents are of different colors, then you have a 50-50 shot of the color. White counts as a color.
- The "F" key commands have been removed.
- Redstone unplaceable on glowstone. Bug?
- New Sounds! Doors, bow, and explosion.
The Enderdragon's health is now shown at the top of the screen in a purple health bar when you are in the End.The Enderdragon now spawns a platform with an End portal and a pillar with an Enderdragon egg on it in its center.Entering the portal causes the end game text/credits to roll(and then respawns the player in the overworld as if they died). Thanks to Forever A Troll post #2323.
Minecraft Credits upon ending of the game
Posts start on #1968. Offical change log here.[/color]
- Squids swim up. Passive squid animation is now vertical.
- Slimes no longer have a 'depth y0-16' restriction.
- Pigmen no longer accumulate fall damage while swimming in lava.
- Ender Dragons
- Now take damages by player.
- Glows purple when killed, disintegrates and floats upwards - new animation effect.
- Drops loads of XP and one obsidian block.
- Have the same eye shining thin Enderman has.
- Dragon makes "a player gettin hit sound" when damaged.
- Mobs 'neutral' in creative mode. Except for spiders, ghasts, and silverfish.. Note: Enemies from spawners are still hostile.
- Dragon Eggs. - Not in game, recently tweeted by Notch.
- Baby animals in SMP.
- Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.
- Fences no longer connect to leaves.
- Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.
- Melons breaking into more than one piece again.
- Fixed fence "hitboxes".
- Balancing of enchantments.
- Find 'iron' gear in strongholds.
- Silk touch does not work on spawners.
- Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.
- Eye of Ender now points directly to the Ender Portal.
- Camera rotation
- I, J, K, L, N, and M control where your looking (I,J,K,L are up down left & right, N and M are rotations)
- F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)
- M+N resets the view. *Important*
- H and Y are the zoom controls
- H + Y together resets the zoom
- F9 locks your view
- Tweet from Jeb_ (As you know I always forget at least one thing when upload a release... The "camera controls" (F6 etc) are not supposed to be there =/) So..don't get your hopes up. Though these features are really nice for everyone..except the flying in survival mode.
- Toggle fly with F6. Survival mode.
- You receive a warning when changing render distance to far only if you're not running Java x64.
- Option to turn off clouds in the video menu.
Textures/Liquid Movement Mechanics
- Texture Tweeks
- Monster Spawners
- Iron Block
- Wood Planks
- New Water Physics for vertical movement.
- Water is back the way it was before pre4, plus: Whenever a water source is surrounded on all sides by blocks or water (not necessarily source blocks) and it has an air block or (non source) water block below, then that air/water block turns into a water source. From Darquan (I think it is intentional. It eliminates the underwater currents when you place and remove a block. The behaviour seems to be carefully chosen such that it cannot automatically flood entire caves, nor does it seem to break typical ways of using water for automatic harvesting.) Bug.
- Water can be placed in water again.
- "End Stone" (from The End) and "Mycelium" from the Mushroom biome!
- Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava.
- Thanks to Arbitror for the gif.
- Lighting is different. Colors are now better matched with the color of the light source.
- Longer reach for fighting mobs.
- Creative mode - logging back in will no longer make you 'fall' from falling.
- Player bow draw-back animation improved.
- Range of attack distance in creative has Reports of better FPS.
- Balancing of enchantments.
- New Achievements
- DIAMONDS! - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.
- Enchanter - Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to cunstruct an enchantment table.
- Librarian - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.
- Overkill - Deal eight hearts of damage in a single hit.
- We Need to Go Deeper - Going through a portal to the Nether.
- Return to Sender - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.
- Into Fire - Relieve a Blaze of its rod.
- Local Brewery - Brew a potion.
- The End? - Locate the End.
- The End. - Defeat the Ender Dragon.
- Villages now have small fenced off patches of dirt with either wheat or tall grass growing in them, connected to the houses.
- Light glitch on stairs fixed.
- Jumping makes you lose xp points. Bug for some?[/color]
Posts on part 4 start at #1484
Twitch released the change-log for part 4 here.
- Moon/Sun are round. Moon has phases. Direction of sunrise/set has changed.
- Glistering Melon added. Crafted with Melon and Gold Nugget. Non-edible.
- Cutting up melon gives you 1 melon slice. Bug.
- Glistering melon can be used for initiating brewing.
- Villages a lot more common? Need more info on this.
- Endermen seem to be stronger.
- Water freezes faster.
- The potion of swiftness now leaves a visible effect on the player.
- Signs can be rotated easier.
- You can attack/kill mobs through glass.
- Supports HD Texture packs. Press F3+T to reload the texture pack.
- Pig spawners are an obtainable block now. Just use the silk touch enchantment on any mob spawner and it gives you a pig one.
- Mobs CAN spawn on glass. Bug?
- You can place Water on Water like Stone on Stone now.
- You can't throw Water into Water any more.
- Walking through webs is faster. Unconfirmed.
- Strongholds contain more chests.
- Enderpearls can be found in stronghold chests.
- Toss "Ender Eye" into sky to find location of strongholds.
- New texture for the placeholders on the portal. No longer 'crystal'.
- "The End" is the new realm.
- Cannot leave. You will have to die
- Hard to leave "The End in creative mode.
- Dragons are not available yet. You can get them via hacking above.
- Ground breaks into cobblestone.
- From Jeb: The exit from "The End" is the end. Then you respawn.
- Obsidian pillars.
- Enderdragons skins exist.
- Experience orbs are black.
- Cannot build Netherportals in "The End".
- Use Eye of Ender on the 'portals' in the strongholds.
- Maps in the End are blank.
- Large floating island.
- Beds explode.
- Water is place-able.
- You'll have to generate a new stronghold with a pre4 map in order for the portal to work without hacking.
- All potions with gunpowder = Splash Potions. Throw-able. Works with all potions. Putting them in dispensers are fun.
Quote from Dima~Cheveyo_On_Post_1795 »
Potion of Regeneration
Potion of Strength
Potion of Swiftness
Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Poison
Potion of Weakness
Potion of Slowness
'Sharpness I' enchanted sword
'Bane of Arthropods' effect
- There is a chance you get multiple effects when you enchant items.
- Enchantment Table now has a tooltip name on creative mode.
- Enchanted levels are 1-7. Adding bookshelves gets you more and more 'higher' levels. So far the report is up to 1-50.
- Enchantments now have names.
- Bane of Arthropods I/II/III/IV/V - Adition damage to spiders. 0.75-1.5 hearts extra damage per level.
- Sharpness I/II/III/IV/V - Addition damage to mobs. 0.5-1 heart extra damage per level.
- Fire Aspect I/II - Lights mobs on fire.
- Smite I/II/III/IV/V - Extra damage to zombies, zombie pigmen and skeletons.
- Knockback I/II - Knocks mob and players backwards upon hit.
- Looting I/II/III - Mobs have a chance to drop more loot.
- Sword of Featherfall I/II/III/IV - Fall-down slowly, less fall damage. (Only applies to boots.)
- Aqua Affinity I - Eliminates the harvest penalty of mining blocks underwater. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Projectile Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection against projectile entities (e.g arrows)
- Respiration I/II/III - Underwater breathing time +15 seconds; time between suffocation damage +1 second. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Fire Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection to fire. (Lava?)
- Blast Protection I/II/III/IV - Protects from explosions. Creeps & TnT.
- Protection I/II/III/IV - Converts environmental damage to armor damage.
- Pickaxe of Efficiency I/II/III/IV/V - Dig faster. +10% mining speed to each lvl.
- Unbreaking I/II/III - Adds chance to ignore 'usage' of tools with each use.
- Sword of Looting I - Chance for more drops.
- Silk Touch I - Lets you mine blocks without breaking them. You can get glass blocks back. Efficient for glowstone mining.
- Pickaxe of Fortune I/II/III - Chance of multiplying the drop rate.[/color]
Enchanting techniques that have been found.
Most of my testing was done in creative with a diamond sword. I did some tests in survival and couldn't see anything that made me think it was much different to creative.
It's relatively easy to test. Go in creative make a floor of shelves and a roof of shelves only and test what enchant levels you can get. You still get 5 same as with just the table.
It seemed unlikely to me that adding shelves that did do something would suddenly make ones that did nothing do something. Unlikely but not impossible. Now my first thought was that possibly the algorithm to modify the enchantment level might be influenced by not only bookshelves but also by the shelves surrounding that bookshelf, but tests I made didn't seem to indicate that was so.
So far the only positions I've found that add to enchantment levels are
If there are any other positions of shelves that increase the enchantment level I've been unable to find them.
The shelves can be blocked by almost everything. I tested Ladders, torches, redstone torches, levers, buttons, trapdoors, wood & stone pressure plates, signs, redstone and repeaters and found they all block the shelves from increasing enchanting level. The only thing I found that did not block the shelves was pictures.
NB the 8 corner shelves are not blocked by the other shelves.
Lvl50 Enchantment - shadowskeeper21 post #1794
Lvl 50 Confirmation post #1718
Thanks aXu for the following information. Post #1739
For those who want to edit your items' enchants (with NBTEdit, for example), enchants are saved in following manner:
Data -> Player -> Inventory -> (your item here) -> tag -> ench -> (TagCompound) ->
id: Id of enchant (list of them at wiki)
lvl: Level of enchant (too big numbers won't crash MC, but it doesn't show them in roman numbers)
You can even enchant other items than those normally enchantable. For example, I tested it with wood planks It shows the glimmering animation in inventory, but not in your hand (dunno if this applies to only blocks or all items not enchantable).
[color="#000000"]Information released after Part 3[/color]
Enderdragons (Sounds really neat when you say it). Link to topic here.
Click here for full image.
Eye of Ender is the new stronghold locator where the portal to The Ender will *probably* be. Throw it up high in the air and it will fall about 5 blocks in a new direction. Go in the direction it lands. Do this too much and it may return to The Ender.
From the looks of the following image, you have to fill it with "Ender Eyes" in order for it to activate.
Posts about Part 3 start with post number #892 for those who want to read them.
- Baby Animals! Parents seem to 'follow' babies after birth. Do not drop loot for XP. Faster animation and they eventually grow up. Baby sheep can be sheared. Grow up time seems to be 1 day.
- Animals have a Cool down after breeding.
- You can saddle baby pigs and ride them
- Wheat bug is fixed.
- FPS is better? Unconfirmed.
- Number above XP bar. Level?
- Silverfish Spawners in dungeons.
- Snow fall breaks torches.
- Breaking book shelves give you 3 books.
- Mini mine spiders are 1x1 and not poisonous. Unconfirmed.
- Eye of Ender. Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder. Use unknown.
- Able to "eat" milk and water.
- Pie chart in the F3 screen is in! (And its a circle..in minecraft! wtf..) XD
- Navigate through some of the features by using the number keys, or 0 to go back.
- Crystal Block.
- Fishing Rods can be enchanted.
- Cauldron Icon.
- Color of the label of highlighted object is now purple. Inventory for example.
- Swords and bows have been weakened.
- Endermen do more damage. Unconfirmed.
- Notch's Take on the new baby animals: The idea with the baby animals is to alter the original models to make them act as new ones. This scales well. Say we want to do old animals or robot animals or whatever in the future. By having it be mutators to the original models, we can add a new animal by just adding a single new model instead of adding four (or whatever) new ones. And even better, to introduce a brand new variant of animals, we don't need to go through them all and add that variant. Source.
Credit goes to: Seriousity for finding most of these. <3
Offical Potion Topic
Amazing Potion Guide!
- Potion brewing stand. Step 1 is to fill them with water.
- Milk Removes all effects.
- Redstone increases the duration of a potion. Confirmed.
- Glowstone decreases the duration of a potion and increases effectiveness. Confirmed.
- Cauldrons will hold water for you. Water will "evaporate" over a period of time.
- Right click with glass bottles to draw water. It makes the water level go down lightly.
- Cauldrons can be moved with pistons without losing the water.
- They can be fill with water buckets only. Not lava.
- You can climb into them! Bathtubs and sinks are now possible.
- You can walk across them.
- Brewing stand is activated by putting nether wart in the upper slot. Possible use of other 'activation' items unknown.
- Positive Potions
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear (InstantHealth)
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear + Glowstone Dust (InstantHealth II)
- Potion of Healing: Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream (Fire Resistance 3:00)
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream + Redstone (Fire Resistance 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder (Strength 3:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Redstone (Strength 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Glowstone Dust (Strength II 1:30)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar (Speed 3:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Redstone (Speed 8:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Glowstone Dust (Speed II 1:30)
- Negative Potions
- Poison: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Spider Eye (Poison 0:45)
- Weakness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Fermented Eye (Weakness 1:30)
- Potion Of Slowness: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Fermented Eye (Slowness 1:30)
- Unknown Potions
- Mundande Potion: Water Bottle + Redstone
- Thick Potion: Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
- Awkward Potion: Water Bottle + Nether Wart
- Animated Enchantment Table!
- Pages flip randomly.
- The words are suppose to be random and they are not suppose to make sense.
- Break with pickaxe in order for it to 'drop'. Or you will lose it...forever.
- Enchanting table is made like so:
Placing bookshelves near the enchantment tables.
[color="#000000"]Air Portals to "The Ender"[/color]
[color="#000000"]Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch.[/color] Source.
Quote from Mouzi
It's called an Air Portal in the code and you can fix it with Ender Eyes.
Doesn't seem to work as of now.
Also, disregard the obsidian, I tried flooding it with water.
Also, someone mentioned that the server now loads a third "level" so that would kind of confirm skylands. Though they have existed before and you can get to them by hacking but I don't know if Notch has changed the skylands for this update.
The sky dimension actually works like it used to work (it's been in the code for quiiite a while) but it gets overwritten by the real world terrain if you visit the real world first. The chunks are in the same folder so they get mixed up.
currently the skylands is just the normal world with different colored sky and clouds are way lower (underground with the normal terrain). The sun is always in the middle of the sky.
- Ender goo's texture is half a block or so above the physical block.
- Able to physically interact with stuff, it cant be walked through (the texture can be however), and can be stood upon for a platform.
- Is similar to a half step, except very very thin.
- Underside has a stone texture.
- Can be removed with water.
- Can be burned by lava.
- Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch. Source.
I say try adding this to the Air Portal and seeing what it does. ;P
New name until further notice/investigation: Ender Goo.
123 - Brewing Stand
124 - Cauldron
125 - Eye of Ender
116 - Enchantment Table
117 - Brewing Stand
118 - Cauldron
Screenies and Information released after 1.9 Part 2 and before Part 3.
[color="#000000"]Baby Animals! It's a baby moo moo! With a....big..head!XD A few pigs are in the background[/color]
[color="#000000"]Glossy Armor - notice the sword is purple.[/color]
[color="#000000"]A circle in minecraft! Madness![/color]
[color="#000000"]Enchantment Table Interface[/color]
[color="#000000"]The letters come from the Standard Galactic Alphabet.
Well played internets, you are good. (3)
These names will be random and confusing. (7)
Each spell costs experience levels. (15)[/color]
Quote from Viktn0r
The Standard Galactic Alphabet or SGA is used in the Commander Keen series of computer games. It was created by Tom Hall, who originally just wanted to make the writing on signs in the games look futuristic or alien. Then he realised that he could create a whole alternative alphabet and add cryptic messages throughout the games.
- Animal Breeding! Use wheat to breed. Hold wheat in your hand and they all 'should' follow you. Reports of this being a bit buggy. If you hit an animal in heat, it will stop being in heat.
- Snow Golems attack each other when you try to breed them. And User. Use wheat to make friendly towards you.
- Endermen now take FOUR standard (non-critical) hits with a diamond sword. Zombies & Zombie pigmen 3.
- Endermen now instantly teleport away from water. Agro seems to reset after this. They also dodge all arrows and do not die in the sunlight anymore. New sound effect likely to come in the official release of 1.9
- Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime.
- Chickens avoid lava.
- Golden apples have a sparkly animation.
- Golden apple also grants you Regeneration buff for 30 seconds.
- Golden nuggets are officially called "Gold nuggets" now.
- New Items: glass bottles, several new music discs, blaze powder, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes and magma cream. *Items uses unknown - bottles obviously for 'potions' as mentioned on twitter and not implemented yet. Possibly with official release.
- Ender pearls teleports you with the cost of damage when thrown.
- Ender perls do not work in MP.
- Items can be repaired now, just as Notch specified - combine two damaged items to make one with more uses.
- Can't get glass panes back when you break them anymore .
- Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds.
- Milk acts as a "clear all" for effects.
- Wood fences now connect to walls. Fences now only take up the space they appear to, as well as attaching to any solid block adjacent to them. This makes walking through diagonal-oriented fences possible.
- Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them. Cannot place pressure plates on top of nether fence.
- Fences can be placed like normal blocks.
- Normal fences and nether fences don't connect.
Thanks Mouzi for the following information
And a list of descriptions and IDs for them. Excuse the code tag (I couldn't find a
EDIT: All possible potion potency levels seem to have I, II, III and IV but not anything over that. After that it will just say potion.potency.5 and 6 and so on.
ID Code name In-game name Description 1 moveSpeed Speed Movement speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 2 moveSlowdown Slowness Movement speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 3 digSpeed Haste Mining speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 4 digSlowDown Mining Fatigue Mining speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 5 damageBoost Strength Damage dealt increases, known levels: I, II and III 6 heal Instant Health Constantly heals you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will do instant damage when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 7 harm Instant Damage Constantly damages you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will heal instantly when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 8 jump Jump Boost Increases jump height, level I to around 1.75 blocks and level II to 2.5 blocks, known levels: I and II EDIT: Level III jumps to around 3.25 blocks and you will take a bit of fall damage and level IV to around 4 blocks. 9 confusion Nausea Screen goes wavy, makes walking difficult 10 regeneration Regeneration Regenerates health (faster) EDIT: Apparently an old effect too, this has been since 1.8 11 resistance Resistance Probably raises your armor class temporarily 12 fireResistance Fire Resistance No fire damage, you will still catch fire, you can also dive in lava (you can not drown in it either). 13 waterBreathing Water Breathing Infinite breath, bubbles still appear but will not decrease. 14 invisibility Invisibility Does not seem to do anything as of now, mobs still attack and no visual change. 15 blindness Blindness Similar to the bedrock fog, you only see black after a few blocks. 16 nightVision Night Vision Night becomes a lot brighter, does not seem to affect caves (unconfirmed). 17 hunger Hunger Old effect, known as food poisoning or disease. Decreases food bar faster. 18 weakness Weakness Opposite of strength? Damage dealt decreases. 19 poison Poison Old effect. Look up poison on minecraft wiki. Known levels: I and II
Quote from ihave13gp
- 1 blaze rod -> 2 blaze powder
- blaze powder + slimeball -> magma cream
- spider eye + brown mushroom + sugar -> fermented spider eye
Example of the new fences
Blue Spider effect and drop
Giving an animal wheat will generate love hearts above its head for a short period of time.
Bring two similar animals together after they've been given food, and a few seconds later a third animal will spawn (of the same type). There aren't any baby animals though, sadly.
- Slimes also drip through the block they are above.
- Hardcore Mode
- Fire from lava doesn't burn you for nearly as long.
- Auto-jumping has been placed back in.
- New ID's for Items and CDs at the bottom of this post.
- F5 is back! (Hit twice to see in first person).
- Tooltips have purple edges.
- Name tag "TESTIFICATE" over the villagers is gone.
- Villages seem bigger.
- XP Gain from jumping has been removed/fixed.
- F8 cinematic mode is back
- Right clicking while holding a weapon = blocking.
Quote from ihave13gp
I decompiled the minecraft.jar files to have a look at the modified health and damage of mobs:
Endermen take 20 hearts of damage and deal 3.5 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Spiders take 8 hearts of damage.
Zombies take 12 hearts of damage and deal 2 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Cave spiders take 6 hearts of damage.
TyrantWave found these prefixes in the jar:
Those are all classified as potion.prefix.
"potion.prefix.mundane", "potion.prefix.uninteresting", ....
This could mean these are specifically potion only, or it's more generic and could be related to enhancements to items as well. (As potion works for that too)
[color="#000000"]New ID's & Records - Part 2[/color]
117 - Potion
118 - Glass Bottle
119 - Spider Eye
120 - Fermented Spider Eye
121 - Blaze Powder
122 - Magma Cream
New Record/CD IDs
2002 - Blocks
2003 - Chirp
2004 - Far
2005 - Mall
2006 - Mellohi
2007 - Stal
2008 - Strad
2009 - Ward
2010 - 11
- Blocks under water/lava "drip" into cave/cavern below.
- Trees on higher altitudes have less leaves.
- Grass drops more seeds.
- Lava flows faster.
- Do not jump infinitely when holding down space bar.
- Dried up river-beds in plains biome.
- Animal do not breed.
- Pumpking seeds are back in the chests in the dungeons!
- Lots of reports of mega-oceans.
- Armor values are now determined differently.
- Roses are back.
- Saplings drop less.
- Mushroom biomes ARE islands.
- "Infected" cows via shrooms
- Shearing Mushroom Cows nets you around 2-5 (need verification on precise range) red mushrooms, and also gets you a normal cow.
- According to the picture, new grass?
Quote of OgreSean
Mushroom Island: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level near sea level.
Mushroom Island Shore: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Flat land. Land base far below sea level (same as ocean.
Thus, Mushroom Island biomes actually spawn in the middle of Mushroom Island Shore biomes. However, the land for Shore biomes is underwater, which makes them appear like Oceans.
The top block for these biomes is the "mycel" block I mentioned earlier (which is not town related after all, but does play some kind of melody). No monsters, animals, or squids spawn in these biomes EXCEPT for mushroom cows.
- "Snow" biomes more rare.
- Snowman! - Built by Two snow block then pumpkin PLACES not crafted. Not sure how to make a snowman without a pumpkin head. They fight other "bad" mobs. They drop snowballs.
- Snowmen work in the Nether. (Bug? Unconfirmed.)
- Snow now settles on ice.
Quote of OgreSean
Frozen Ocean: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level far below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Frozen River: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Flat land. Land base level somewhat below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Ice Plains: Same as Plains, except cold temperature.
Ice Mountains: Same as Extreme Hills, except cold temperature.
Have fun with the hilarity of the snowmen attacking other mobs!
Images for Part 1
- Lilly Pads - Picked up by "Punching". Place by putting next to another lilly or surface block. Lilly Pads turn grey when picked up - bug?
- Darker grass - new grass texture for swamps
- Darker water around the swamp area
- Village Monks - 1 Priest is dressed in white
- A few other skins reported - aprons and pink?
- Reported that the mobs folder have 6 different textures for the villagers. (Butcher, Farmer, Librarian, priest, smith & villager).
- Nether Brick
- Nether Fence
- Nether Stairs
- Nether Stronghold - Netherholds!
- Nether Slimes
- "Blaze" Mob
- Nether Dungeons (Same a netherholds?)
- Netherwart - nether plant (A nether mushroom? Need more clarification.)
- Ghasts shoot "bombs" now.
- New Sounds by pigmen and ghasts (unconfirmed)
- Pigman drops "Rotten Flesh" & "Gold Nugget" - 3x3 craft = Gold Ingot
- Ghasts drop "Ghast Tear" - Unknown use
- Blazes drop "Blaze Rod" - Unknown use.
[color="#000000"]New ID's - Part 1[/color]
Quote from OgreSean
After decompiling the 1.9 Pre-Release minecraft.jar, here is everything I've found so far:
ID 110 - "mycel" - Apparently related to Villages, and has appearance of either grass or snow. If we had updated sounds, it would apparently play some kind of town melody when the player is nearby or when it is stepped on.
ID 111 - Water Lily
ID 112 - Nether Brick
ID 113 - Nether Fence
ID 114 - Nether Brick Stairs
ID 115 - Nether Stalk (some kind of plant that grows over soulsand and appears in nether strongholds)
ID 369 - Blaze Rod
ID 370 - Ghast Tear
ID 371 - "Gold Nugget"
ID 372 - Nether Stalk Seeds
ID 10 - Frozen Ocean
ID 11 - Frozen River
ID 12 - Ice Plains
ID 13 - Ice Mountains
ID 14 - Mushroom Island
ID 15 - Mushroom Island Shore
Enderman had their spawning frequency cut in half.
ID 13 - Small Fireball
ID 61 - Lava Slime
ID 62 - Blaze
ID 96 - Mushroom Cow
ID 97 - Snow Man
ID 120 - Villager
[color="#000000"]Click the Plus if I helped you! ---->[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Feel free to PM me if I missed your report. Do not abuse this. I will not respond to requests for 'help' that pertain to 1.9 pre-releases.[/color]
Keep it classy.
- To post a comment, please login.