- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 26 days
Last active Fri, Jul, 21 2017 04:41:31
- 0 Followers
- 319 Total Posts
- 23 Thanks
Oct 5, 2012StarVision posted a message on This Week in Minecraft - Minecraft News, Weekly Roundup, Map Spotlightreally, still using the alpha screenshot for stuff?Posted in: Minecraft News
Jul 22, 2012StarVision posted a message on Go through the alphabet before someone posts a my little pony picturePosted in: Forum Games
Jun 5, 2012StarVision posted a message on DwellCraft! A texture pack for CaveDwellers! [32x32]People can get better over time.Posted in: Resource Packs
To prove my point, Here is some textures I did a while ago:
Here is some textures I did later(they're not the best, but they're like a masterpiece compared to the above):
May 8, 2012StarVision posted a message on [Ages 12+] ~SuitCraft~ [Mature Staff] [Semi-Vanilla] [Build-list] [MobBounty]Q: What is your in-game-name?Posted in: PC Servers
Q: How old are you? (Optional)
Q: How long have you been playing Minecraft?
A:2 years(since alpha 1.1)
Q: What do you like to do on Multiplayer?
Q: What are your other interests?
A: gaming/minor programming
Q: Have you visited the SuitCraft website?
A: Not bad.
Q: Have you read and understood the rules?
Mar 17, 2012StarVision posted a message on [1.2.3] Greasysweet's Troll Your Friends Texture Pack!this is perfect, i just have to find the right time to download and select.Posted in: Resource Packs
suggestion: try changing the .lang file so that the "stone block" they mined didn't say iron ore.
Feb 26, 2012just started playing again lvl 56. working on mining which is 77 right now. also OP use this new updated logo insteadPosted in: General Gaming
Nov 1, 2011Lets test your keyboards! hold down both shift keys and type this:Posted in: Forum Games
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
this is what i got:TE-QUICK-BROWN-FOXJUP-OVERTE-LAZY-O
edit:i just realised that this might have to be in forum games.
Aug 28, 2011StarVision posted a message on [16x][1.9pre3] Extreme Weather (taking suggestions!)This is The Extreme weather texture pack. This texture pack makes everything affected by weather more intense. dying trees, wilting flowers, heavy snow, thick rain, giant suns, and dark cloudsPosted in: Resource Packs
UPDATE:made all vegetation and food rotten or wilted,1.9 support including menu panorama, new logo
Without further ado, screenshots!
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 8, 2012Posted in: Resource Packs
Pixel Perfection is a texture pack made by me, for me. It has been constantly worked on since way back in beta (under a different name) and I plan to keep working on it AT LEAST until minecraft is no longer being updated.
-fixed sky issues with optifine/mcpatcher
-alt textures for natural sandstone/red sandstone
-alt textures for planks
-made ALL textures with alts apply the alt textures to their stairs and slabs as well (yes, that includes older textures like cobble)
-new mobs from 1.10 aka husk and stray! (working on the 1.11 mobs)
-tweaked all skelly textures (now with 200% more skellington)
-changed around a few textures
-added textures for 1.11 things such as the new items and observer block
-added new blocks from 1.10 (mobs coming next update)
-added wither textures
-completely changed netherwart colours to suit the new block
-redid normal sandstone and red sandstone
-alts for chiseled red and normal sandstone
-new, easy on the eyes, grass texture
-new still water animation
-added more new paintings
-some tweaks to models/alt textures
-updated banner texture
-changed colours/textures around on some older textures
-fixed some issues for forge users
-added guardian textures
-updated more textures
-added a few more alternate textures
-tweaked colours a bit
-updated the skybox further
-stuff I've forgotten - sorry!
-magma cube, snow golem and shulker textures added
-redid lots of entities including: signs, chests, boats, slimes
-added a bunch of entity stuff: added crystal textures for dragon fight, added elytra, new boats, shields and updated zombie villagers
-redid skies for mcpatcher, now much more fitting
-new moon textures
-fixed and updated all models for 1.9
-fixed red sand rotation nonsense
-added some gui stuff (boss bars, updated 1.9 stuff, server select arrows, etc.)
-added in all items for 1.9 (beetroots, elytra, new boats, all arrow types, updated compass and clock, chorus stuff, new potions)
-updated a few blocks (bedrock, end portals, mushroom blocks, coal block,etc.) and particle effects
-added in all new blocks (end bricks, beetroot, new animated command blocks, end rods, all purpur stuff, all chorus stuff)
-overhauled grass, water and biome coloring (including a few changes to leaf colours), should look a lot more interesting now!
-hopefully fixed issues that were specific to people using shaders - mobs should no longer glow white!
-some other random fixes
-lang pack updated for consistency
-tweaked a couple of tinted glass textures
-updated spruce log
-fixed issue for optifine users where fancy graphics leaf textures would not display properly
-alt textures for all leaves
-alt textures for granite, andesite, diorite
-completely new texture for andesite
-fixed issue of things in flowerpots being darker than the should be
-added custom texture for item frame border
-added custom top and bottom texture for command blocks
-updated anvil texture and model
-alt textures for all logs
-new farmland textures
-textured barrier block
-removed forced shading on a couple of light sources to match glowstone (redstone lamp and sea lantern)
-removed a huge amount of unneeded model and blockstate files fixing a couple of issues (they were also outdated)
-new mobs: ghast and zombie pigman now complete
-alex skin has also been added
-new night skybox for mcpatcher and optifine users - still a WIP so it will be improved for the next update. Still better than no stars though!
-new texture for the stone halfslab side
-new glass texture - ctm for it will be coming shortly
-new title screen
-few new paintings added and some older ones touched up
-fixed a few errors including some errors in the language pack
-a few more alternate textures
-added witch and iron golem mobs
-tweaked a few item textures
-redid pumpkin and melon textures as well as their stem textures (doesn't look glitchy anymore)
-added a couple more randomised textures including oak leaves
-fixed a few more issues with models
-updated the endermen and chicken textures (the last mobs that needed to be updated)
-2.8 was just a few more fixes and a new font as well as a new creeper texture
-fixed the 'steve' model for this pack (thanks to MasterfulGamer for this!)
-changed the enchanting gui over to the new 1.8 template
-finished a couple of half finished older gui elements such as the book
-completely textured the armour stand and banners as well as the corresponding items
-added blaze texture and all rabbit variants
-more variants to more blocks! Enjoy those random textures!
-added a couple more models like the iron bars and reeds
-added unique textures/models for all the new doors and their items
-added in custom textures for the new fence types and their corresponding gates
-redid shading on most old mobs - will be changing enderman and creeper in an update coming shortly!
-completely redid and updated mod support for the Better Foliage mod
-added in red sandstone (all variants)
-fixed the red sand rotation (no more random rotation which looked awful) and added some variants for it
-new texture for snow
-updated textures and colours for a few older textures and items
-all 1.8 textures have been added including prismarine, sea lantern, rabbit items, mutton, etc.
-added a fair few models for 1.8
-ported over a lot of ctm features to vanilla 1.8
-fixed a bunch of 1.8 specific issues
-readded support for the revamp of the better grass and leaves mod
-horses! (including all alternate textures)
-new ctm for many blocks such as stone, cobble, dirt, bricks, etc.
-new biome specific ctm and colouring (swamp and birch tree forest)
-new brick, diamond block, lapis block, iron block, dirt, half slabs, jungle log, both sand types, podzol, lilypad, +more (a LOT more)
-new double tall grass, normal tall grass and double tall fern
-added in textures for some of the snapshot stuff such as slime blocks, all new stone types (I changed these around since they were first added), etc.
-updated/re-shaded a few item textures and lots of block textures
-updated biome colours (pretty drastically for a couple of biomes)
-started on a whole bunch of new paintings - still not complete but they are being worked on!
-new leaf colours that work with all biomes (most leaves now have a specific tint that is noticeable in all biomes, eg. big oak leaves are always tinted blue
-updated quartz textures
-updated stonebrick textures
-new diorite texture/tweaked colours for polished diorite
-new stone texture+random ctm variants
-new oak planks
-new menu backgrond
-added some new gui elements
-fixed issues with ice not rendering correctly for optifine users
-new potato and carrot plants+all growth stages
-fixed podzol not appearing correctly for mcpatcher and optifine users
-few tweaks to the lightmap and some more biome colour tweaks
-tweaks to stained glass colours
-added new stone textures and smooth stone textures from the snapshots
-added slime block
-new oak log
-new emerald block
-new MCPatcher specific colours for swamps (includes water, fog, sky and foliage)
-wither skeleton added
-more stuff i've forgotten
-new ores with random ctm (variants for each ore)
-new animated dropper, dispenser, both vertical and horizontal
-new redstone dust, block and item
-new wheat with random ctm for full grown stage
-new carrots texture (crop, not item although item had colour tweaks)
-new grass with random ctm and new sidegrass to match
-new mossy cobble and mossy stonebrick
-new dirt random ctm
-new minecart and boat with new icons for both
-new skybox (just daytime for now, will have to finish night time one once back from japan)
-updated custom lightmap for better shadows and slightly brighter lights
-added custom fog colour to suit new skybox
-changed font colour a little bit, it's creamier and easier on the eyes
-new cyan bed and bed item
-new double fern
-tweaks to glass ctm and also a couple of stained glass colours
-new rail textures with animated powered rails
-new sandstone textures (for each type including smooth, carved and normal)
-birch sapling colour tweaks
-tweaked, remade and improved many item textures
-probably more that I've forgotten because I don't keep a list as I'm working
-new sounds! (fire, item/block pickup sound, tweaked water and rain sounds)
-all new 1.7 content including many new flowers, some items, blocks, biome colours, couple of gui elements (so basically maybe another 40 textures, possibly more...
Coming soon - currently being updated and improved!
MCPatcher + Optifine
This pack makes heavy use of some features unique to MCPatcher/optifine such as custom colours, unique biome colours, CTM, lightmaps and a few other features. I highly suggest using the pack alongside either mod.
Thousands of hours of work have gone into this pack over the years. I've enjoyed it all and it's been a fantastic learning experience so I have no need to ask for donations but I'll always accept them!
Big thanks to everyone who has donated in the past.
If you want to help advertise the pack, consider popping this code into your signature!
Feel free to use these textures in any mixpack, project, game or whatever you want (paid or unpaid). However, I'd appreciate it if I was credited for all the hard work I've put into these textures.
Pixel Perfection by XSSheep is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
- Hugh "XSSheep" Rutland
Oct 24, 2011Posted in: WIP ModsPlease note that I'm still editing this page in order to update now outdated info.Are you an Alphabro who always posts on how you miss the good old days of Alpha, and how the game was fun? Or are you a more recent player who just wanted to see what the game looked like before you even knew of Minecraft? Well, you are not alone. Not even close to alone. There are hundreds of thousands of players who think this way.
This mod has finally reached a Public Alpha stage! Download the latest version here (1.0.0 ONLY), and report some bugs to help us get a release out quicker!
(Please take note that this thread was originally created as a mod request)
So ever since Alpha 1.2.0 when the terrain generation was altered (and in my opinion, screwed up), I've wanted the classic Alpha terrain with the current version's features. In December '10, I was happy to see MCNostalgia, as it allowed me to play Alpha 1.1.2_01, which had what was my favorite terrain generator. I loved it, but the loss of current features and the heavy presence of bugs kept me from staying there.
My SolutionI am requesting a mod that allows for users to change the Minecraft version that it generates terrain from, and that being the only thing that changes; gameplay, items, blocks, ect will all be as of the client's version.
I am fully aware of the mods out there that do this by changing all worlds made to preHalloween Alpha, but the reason I am calling for this mod is for extreme convenience and flexibility.
I propose that the terrain type would be set upon creation of a new world, as shown here:
These are the versions you can choose from
- Alpha 1.1.2_01 (3rd gen Terrain)
- Beta 1.1_02 (4th gen Terrain w/o new trees)
- Beta 1.7.3 (4th gen Terrain w/ new trees)
- Beta 1.8.1 (5th gen Terrain w/o snow biomes)
- Minecraft 1.0 (5th gen Terrain w/ snow biomes)
Remember, a built in way to customize which seed a world generates from was added in Beta 1.3, so this mod would allow for 1st through 3rd gen terrain to be made from specific seeds; this is something that backdating your client can't do.
"Now wait, why the hell would people want old terrain? Older obviously means worse."The new terrain just sucks. Once you have seen what a biome looks like, you've seen them all. Forests, swamps, deserts, taigas, grasslands, and tundras are flat as hell. Mountains are cool, but they are very difficult on gameplay as it takes 5 minutes to find a single tree. The underwater terrain is just this hodge-podge of dirt and sand, and looks extremely ugly. Swamps' coloring looks cool when you are in it, but the sudden boundaries of dark to light grass looks retarded.
(Those links are giving you a hint; thousands of people are reaching the same conclusions)
Now, 3rd gen terrain was based on 3D Perlin noise and created these very dynamic and visually appealing terrain. A new world felt new, and you really don't know what you are going to get, compared to now, a biome makes it extraordinarily obvious what the terrain is going to look like. 4th gen terrain lessened the extremity of the terrain, but was still random, and biomes were just an add on and did not affect the terrain as much as they do now.
Take a look at this video that has 3rd gen terrain of Alpha 1.1.2_01. 3rd gen worlds will generate cool terrain like this in almost all times you made a new world.
People who complain that new Minecraft sucks and how Alpha was epic are usually only miss the terrain generator; they played the game for a sense of fantasy and light-hearted gameplay, not this new dark and demanding game that has come of. This mod will be able to shut those people up for good, combining the new version with old terrain, and in combination with a texture pack, can make these guys love playing Minecraft again.
I backdated my client for the fun of it to play some mid Alpha, and after only 6 tries for an epic world, this is what I got. This is why I love Alpha.
Make this mod!!!
"I know how to mod, but what's in it for me?"If you make the mod and do a good job with the design and promotion, you could later rewrite it to allow custom imput of terrain. Then other mods will use your mod (Similar to what happened with Risugami's ModLoader) which will really push you high into the modding community.
Also refraining from making this mod because you don't actually have backups of the generation code? Well MCNostalgia will allow you to revert your game to these versions and just go from there.
Still not convinced this is worth your modding time and effort?There is a person out there who is walking to the Far Lands (Kurtjmac), and he is stuck with using 1.7.3 because the Far Lands were removed in 1.8. As time goes on, he will be stuck with using this old version while the Minecraft community passes him by, so by making this mod, you will allow him to generate pre1.8 terrain with the newest gameplay aspects, spicing up the videos for more enjoyment on his part, and others'. So please, someone create this mod, after all, Kurt is doing it for charity (and has already raised $11,000!).
"Ok, I'm up for the job. What exactly should this mod include?"
- An entry in the level.dat file for each world that defines which terrain to generate from (of the 5 I have bulleted above.
- New worlds: Chosen via a button in the picture above.during world creation
- Old worlds: If it is the first time an existing world has been used with this mod, prompt which terrain it was generated with
- The exact same terrain
- Players should be able to take a 1.7 world and set to 1.7.3 terrain generator, and upon entering new chunks, there should not be a chunk border, even if the new terrain is in the same style.
- Restore old functionality
- No tall grass until Beta 1.6, so Alpha 1.1.2_01 and Beta 1.1_02 worlds must be able to use hoes on grass for seeds. Optional
- The currently unused World Type button could be used on Alpha 1.1.2_01 maps upon world creation to generate between a regular world and a snow world.
- Add in 1st gen (Classic) and 2nd gen (/indev/) to the version selections. This is optional because these generation code were written for finite maps and may or may not be possible, or time consuming to adapt to the infinite terrain. 2nd gen worlds will allow the World Type button to chose from:
- Island (Survival island type style map, infinite ocean beyond the one island)
- Inland (Just continuous map of inland terrain)
- Flatgrass (This is useful as hell nowadays)
- Floating (Creates a new challenge and is really cool)
- Strongholds should be generated in pre1.8 worlds, in such a way that does not alter
People so far who have accepted the job:
=CE=HS(Modding for personal use)
Banner Artist: XxB3AD13xX
The modder team, in graphic form.
If you wish to contact me, use the following ways:
Email: (After the OP is edited, I'll fill this in. For now, just PM me.)
"I'm not a modder, but I really like this idea!"Well this topic has about 50,000 views, which is really amazing, but still there are thousands of people who would love this mod but do not know about it. The use of the signature I made really draws people in, like you, to see this topic.
I put it as my signature for a month and regularly posted on the Survival Forum, and brought in 2,000 views. Two weeks later after I allowed others to use the sig, this topic has reached 7,000 views. After a month, we're up to 27,000. Just imagine if another hundred people used this sig for a month.
Original OP of thread: UGoBoom
Oh, I don't usually do this, but as a gauge to see
how much you all want this mod, please this topic.
Sep 22, 2011Solaria posted a message on 1.0 New Features! OFFICIAL Report on New Features! MINECRAFT IS RELEASED!Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
[color="#8B0000"]Remember these are "Pre" releases and nothing is completed until the full release.[/color]
[color="#000000"]Find any new features? Screenshots? Report them all here![/color]
Note: This is NOT the place to report bugs. Just new features.
Report bugs here.
[color="#8B0000"]1.0 PreRelease 2 (For 1.1)[/color][color="#000000"]
- No trolling.
- No spamming.
- Read entire OP before posting.
- No advertising.
- No reporting/posting about bugs you find.
- Do NOT ask for help with any issues in this topic.
[color="#8B0000"]Weekly Releases (For the future 1.1)[/color]
- Apples drop from "normal" trees.
- Mobs no longer 'trample' crops. They will if they jump.
- Press "B" and you can change the game mode (surv/creative)
- Can now use shears to destroy tall grass and break it again
- Taiga biomes are back.
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles
- Added multiple languages
- Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
- Corrected a powered rail bug
- Corrected a redstone update bug
- Automatic "Snap Shots": "These "snapshots" will be named 11w47 ( year and week) + a, b, c etc (in case we do more than one), in one word such as "11w47a" - Jeb_
- Fixes double door glitch (fixed in 1.0.1?)
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 Official Release[/color]
- Icon change of the last achievement, "The End."
- Redstone wire that is not connected to anything now resembles a single red dot.
- That's it. Sorry guys. Well, all of the 1.9 stuff is in too. But that doesn't count as 'new' material. ;P 1.9 info is organized below for your convenience. Have a nice day. *Smiles*
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 is released!
The game should download the update as with any normal update! (Force Update on the Launcher)[/color]
[color="#8B0000"]Release Candidate 2 (RC2)[/color]
Post about this will be around #2400 within this topic.
- New Sounds were added shortly before the RCs. Info added in Pre6 too.
- New Getting hurt sound!
- New Explode sound!
- New Chest opening sound!
- New Arrow Shooting sound!
- New Door opening sound!
- New throwing sound! (Eggs / Snowballs)
- New throwing sound! (Eye of Ender)
- New Enderman Teleporting Sound!
- New Enderman Getting hurt Sound!
- New 'Gathering' Orbs Sound!
- New Eating Sound!
- New Potion Drinking Sound! (And you do not 'eat' the bottle anymore.)
- New "Baby" Sheep Sound!
- Blazes have "metallic breathing-in" Sound! Make same sound as a tool breaking when they get damaged.
- Colored sheep now have a random chance of giving you a colored lamb.
- Bows now have durability.
- Quit-Game button in game menu.
- Tools now have a break animation and make a sound when breaking. Blazes make the same 'break' noise sound when hurt.
- Double-Doors open different. Open one left door, and it will open both. [/color]
- Square Moon/Sun
- Water physics fixed.
- Explosion damage 'fixed'.
- Enderdragon is IN the game.
- List of bugs fixed [F] here.
- Redstone is faster to mine.
- Redstone wire no long trys to "snap" into a block with a redstone torch ontop of it.
- Option -> Particle change (Void).
- Mining Obsidian takes about 3 seconds. Bug?
- ALL doors require redstone - BUG - Confirmed.
- New blocks
- Enderdragon healer
- Enderdragon egg
- Stairs drop stairs when mined.
- Iron bars mine faster.
- Infinite lava has been removed.
- Baby sheep can now be "colored". If parents are of different colors, then you have a 50-50 shot of the color. White counts as a color.
- The "F" key commands have been removed.
- Redstone unplaceable on glowstone. Bug?
- New Sounds! Doors, bow, and explosion.
The Enderdragon's health is now shown at the top of the screen in a purple health bar when you are in the End.The Enderdragon now spawns a platform with an End portal and a pillar with an Enderdragon egg on it in its center.Entering the portal causes the end game text/credits to roll(and then respawns the player in the overworld as if they died). Thanks to Forever A Troll post #2323.
Minecraft Credits upon ending of the game
Posts start on #1968. Offical change log here.[/color]
- Squids swim up. Passive squid animation is now vertical.
- Slimes no longer have a 'depth y0-16' restriction.
- Pigmen no longer accumulate fall damage while swimming in lava.
- Ender Dragons
- Now take damages by player.
- Glows purple when killed, disintegrates and floats upwards - new animation effect.
- Drops loads of XP and one obsidian block.
- Have the same eye shining thin Enderman has.
- Dragon makes "a player gettin hit sound" when damaged.
- Mobs 'neutral' in creative mode. Except for spiders, ghasts, and silverfish.. Note: Enemies from spawners are still hostile.
- Dragon Eggs. - Not in game, recently tweeted by Notch.
- Baby animals in SMP.
- Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.
- Fences no longer connect to leaves.
- Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.
- Melons breaking into more than one piece again.
- Fixed fence "hitboxes".
- Balancing of enchantments.
- Find 'iron' gear in strongholds.
- Silk touch does not work on spawners.
- Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.
- Eye of Ender now points directly to the Ender Portal.
- Camera rotation
- I, J, K, L, N, and M control where your looking (I,J,K,L are up down left & right, N and M are rotations)
- F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)
- M+N resets the view. *Important*
- H and Y are the zoom controls
- H + Y together resets the zoom
- F9 locks your view
- Tweet from Jeb_ (As you know I always forget at least one thing when upload a release... The "camera controls" (F6 etc) are not supposed to be there =/) So..don't get your hopes up. Though these features are really nice for everyone..except the flying in survival mode.
- Toggle fly with F6. Survival mode.
- You receive a warning when changing render distance to far only if you're not running Java x64.
- Option to turn off clouds in the video menu.
Textures/Liquid Movement Mechanics
- Texture Tweeks
- Monster Spawners
- Iron Block
- Wood Planks
- New Water Physics for vertical movement.
- Water is back the way it was before pre4, plus: Whenever a water source is surrounded on all sides by blocks or water (not necessarily source blocks) and it has an air block or (non source) water block below, then that air/water block turns into a water source. From Darquan (I think it is intentional. It eliminates the underwater currents when you place and remove a block. The behaviour seems to be carefully chosen such that it cannot automatically flood entire caves, nor does it seem to break typical ways of using water for automatic harvesting.) Bug.
- Water can be placed in water again.
- "End Stone" (from The End) and "Mycelium" from the Mushroom biome!
- Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava.
- Thanks to Arbitror for the gif.
- Lighting is different. Colors are now better matched with the color of the light source.
- Longer reach for fighting mobs.
- Creative mode - logging back in will no longer make you 'fall' from falling.
- Player bow draw-back animation improved.
- Range of attack distance in creative has Reports of better FPS.
- Balancing of enchantments.
- New Achievements
- DIAMONDS! - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.
- Enchanter - Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to cunstruct an enchantment table.
- Librarian - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.
- Overkill - Deal eight hearts of damage in a single hit.
- We Need to Go Deeper - Going through a portal to the Nether.
- Return to Sender - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.
- Into Fire - Relieve a Blaze of its rod.
- Local Brewery - Brew a potion.
- The End? - Locate the End.
- The End. - Defeat the Ender Dragon.
- Villages now have small fenced off patches of dirt with either wheat or tall grass growing in them, connected to the houses.
- Light glitch on stairs fixed.
- Jumping makes you lose xp points. Bug for some?[/color]
Posts on part 4 start at #1484
Twitch released the change-log for part 4 here.
- Moon/Sun are round. Moon has phases. Direction of sunrise/set has changed.
- Glistering Melon added. Crafted with Melon and Gold Nugget. Non-edible.
- Cutting up melon gives you 1 melon slice. Bug.
- Glistering melon can be used for initiating brewing.
- Villages a lot more common? Need more info on this.
- Endermen seem to be stronger.
- Water freezes faster.
- The potion of swiftness now leaves a visible effect on the player.
- Signs can be rotated easier.
- You can attack/kill mobs through glass.
- Supports HD Texture packs. Press F3+T to reload the texture pack.
- Pig spawners are an obtainable block now. Just use the silk touch enchantment on any mob spawner and it gives you a pig one.
- Mobs CAN spawn on glass. Bug?
- You can place Water on Water like Stone on Stone now.
- You can't throw Water into Water any more.
- Walking through webs is faster. Unconfirmed.
- Strongholds contain more chests.
- Enderpearls can be found in stronghold chests.
- Toss "Ender Eye" into sky to find location of strongholds.
- New texture for the placeholders on the portal. No longer 'crystal'.
- "The End" is the new realm.
- Cannot leave. You will have to die
- Hard to leave "The End in creative mode.
- Dragons are not available yet. You can get them via hacking above.
- Ground breaks into cobblestone.
- From Jeb: The exit from "The End" is the end. Then you respawn.
- Obsidian pillars.
- Enderdragons skins exist.
- Experience orbs are black.
- Cannot build Netherportals in "The End".
- Use Eye of Ender on the 'portals' in the strongholds.
- Maps in the End are blank.
- Large floating island.
- Beds explode.
- Water is place-able.
- You'll have to generate a new stronghold with a pre4 map in order for the portal to work without hacking.
- All potions with gunpowder = Splash Potions. Throw-able. Works with all potions. Putting them in dispensers are fun.
Quote from Dima~Cheveyo_On_Post_1795 »
Potion of Regeneration
Potion of Strength
Potion of Swiftness
Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Poison
Potion of Weakness
Potion of Slowness
'Sharpness I' enchanted sword
'Bane of Arthropods' effect
- There is a chance you get multiple effects when you enchant items.
- Enchantment Table now has a tooltip name on creative mode.
- Enchanted levels are 1-7. Adding bookshelves gets you more and more 'higher' levels. So far the report is up to 1-50.
- Enchantments now have names.
- Bane of Arthropods I/II/III/IV/V - Adition damage to spiders. 0.75-1.5 hearts extra damage per level.
- Sharpness I/II/III/IV/V - Addition damage to mobs. 0.5-1 heart extra damage per level.
- Fire Aspect I/II - Lights mobs on fire.
- Smite I/II/III/IV/V - Extra damage to zombies, zombie pigmen and skeletons.
- Knockback I/II - Knocks mob and players backwards upon hit.
- Looting I/II/III - Mobs have a chance to drop more loot.
- Sword of Featherfall I/II/III/IV - Fall-down slowly, less fall damage. (Only applies to boots.)
- Aqua Affinity I - Eliminates the harvest penalty of mining blocks underwater. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Projectile Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection against projectile entities (e.g arrows)
- Respiration I/II/III - Underwater breathing time +15 seconds; time between suffocation damage +1 second. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Fire Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection to fire. (Lava?)
- Blast Protection I/II/III/IV - Protects from explosions. Creeps & TnT.
- Protection I/II/III/IV - Converts environmental damage to armor damage.
- Pickaxe of Efficiency I/II/III/IV/V - Dig faster. +10% mining speed to each lvl.
- Unbreaking I/II/III - Adds chance to ignore 'usage' of tools with each use.
- Sword of Looting I - Chance for more drops.
- Silk Touch I - Lets you mine blocks without breaking them. You can get glass blocks back. Efficient for glowstone mining.
- Pickaxe of Fortune I/II/III - Chance of multiplying the drop rate.[/color]
Enchanting techniques that have been found.
Most of my testing was done in creative with a diamond sword. I did some tests in survival and couldn't see anything that made me think it was much different to creative.
It's relatively easy to test. Go in creative make a floor of shelves and a roof of shelves only and test what enchant levels you can get. You still get 5 same as with just the table.
It seemed unlikely to me that adding shelves that did do something would suddenly make ones that did nothing do something. Unlikely but not impossible. Now my first thought was that possibly the algorithm to modify the enchantment level might be influenced by not only bookshelves but also by the shelves surrounding that bookshelf, but tests I made didn't seem to indicate that was so.
So far the only positions I've found that add to enchantment levels are
If there are any other positions of shelves that increase the enchantment level I've been unable to find them.
The shelves can be blocked by almost everything. I tested Ladders, torches, redstone torches, levers, buttons, trapdoors, wood & stone pressure plates, signs, redstone and repeaters and found they all block the shelves from increasing enchanting level. The only thing I found that did not block the shelves was pictures.
NB the 8 corner shelves are not blocked by the other shelves.
Lvl50 Enchantment - shadowskeeper21 post #1794
Lvl 50 Confirmation post #1718
Thanks aXu for the following information. Post #1739
For those who want to edit your items' enchants (with NBTEdit, for example), enchants are saved in following manner:
Data -> Player -> Inventory -> (your item here) -> tag -> ench -> (TagCompound) ->
id: Id of enchant (list of them at wiki)
lvl: Level of enchant (too big numbers won't crash MC, but it doesn't show them in roman numbers)
You can even enchant other items than those normally enchantable. For example, I tested it with wood planks It shows the glimmering animation in inventory, but not in your hand (dunno if this applies to only blocks or all items not enchantable).
[color="#000000"]Information released after Part 3[/color]
Enderdragons (Sounds really neat when you say it). Link to topic here.
Click here for full image.
Eye of Ender is the new stronghold locator where the portal to The Ender will *probably* be. Throw it up high in the air and it will fall about 5 blocks in a new direction. Go in the direction it lands. Do this too much and it may return to The Ender.
From the looks of the following image, you have to fill it with "Ender Eyes" in order for it to activate.
Posts about Part 3 start with post number #892 for those who want to read them.
- Baby Animals! Parents seem to 'follow' babies after birth. Do not drop loot for XP. Faster animation and they eventually grow up. Baby sheep can be sheared. Grow up time seems to be 1 day.
- Animals have a Cool down after breeding.
- You can saddle baby pigs and ride them
- Wheat bug is fixed.
- FPS is better? Unconfirmed.
- Number above XP bar. Level?
- Silverfish Spawners in dungeons.
- Snow fall breaks torches.
- Breaking book shelves give you 3 books.
- Mini mine spiders are 1x1 and not poisonous. Unconfirmed.
- Eye of Ender. Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder. Use unknown.
- Able to "eat" milk and water.
- Pie chart in the F3 screen is in! (And its a circle..in minecraft! wtf..) XD
- Navigate through some of the features by using the number keys, or 0 to go back.
- Crystal Block.
- Fishing Rods can be enchanted.
- Cauldron Icon.
- Color of the label of highlighted object is now purple. Inventory for example.
- Swords and bows have been weakened.
- Endermen do more damage. Unconfirmed.
- Notch's Take on the new baby animals: The idea with the baby animals is to alter the original models to make them act as new ones. This scales well. Say we want to do old animals or robot animals or whatever in the future. By having it be mutators to the original models, we can add a new animal by just adding a single new model instead of adding four (or whatever) new ones. And even better, to introduce a brand new variant of animals, we don't need to go through them all and add that variant. Source.
Credit goes to: Seriousity for finding most of these. <3
Offical Potion Topic
Amazing Potion Guide!
- Potion brewing stand. Step 1 is to fill them with water.
- Milk Removes all effects.
- Redstone increases the duration of a potion. Confirmed.
- Glowstone decreases the duration of a potion and increases effectiveness. Confirmed.
- Cauldrons will hold water for you. Water will "evaporate" over a period of time.
- Right click with glass bottles to draw water. It makes the water level go down lightly.
- Cauldrons can be moved with pistons without losing the water.
- They can be fill with water buckets only. Not lava.
- You can climb into them! Bathtubs and sinks are now possible.
- You can walk across them.
- Brewing stand is activated by putting nether wart in the upper slot. Possible use of other 'activation' items unknown.
- Positive Potions
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear (InstantHealth)
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear + Glowstone Dust (InstantHealth II)
- Potion of Healing: Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream (Fire Resistance 3:00)
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream + Redstone (Fire Resistance 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder (Strength 3:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Redstone (Strength 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Glowstone Dust (Strength II 1:30)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar (Speed 3:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Redstone (Speed 8:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Glowstone Dust (Speed II 1:30)
- Negative Potions
- Poison: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Spider Eye (Poison 0:45)
- Weakness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Fermented Eye (Weakness 1:30)
- Potion Of Slowness: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Fermented Eye (Slowness 1:30)
- Unknown Potions
- Mundande Potion: Water Bottle + Redstone
- Thick Potion: Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
- Awkward Potion: Water Bottle + Nether Wart
- Animated Enchantment Table!
- Pages flip randomly.
- The words are suppose to be random and they are not suppose to make sense.
- Break with pickaxe in order for it to 'drop'. Or you will lose it...forever.
- Enchanting table is made like so:
Placing bookshelves near the enchantment tables.
[color="#000000"]Air Portals to "The Ender"[/color]
[color="#000000"]Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch.[/color] Source.
Quote from Mouzi
It's called an Air Portal in the code and you can fix it with Ender Eyes.
Doesn't seem to work as of now.
Also, disregard the obsidian, I tried flooding it with water.
Also, someone mentioned that the server now loads a third "level" so that would kind of confirm skylands. Though they have existed before and you can get to them by hacking but I don't know if Notch has changed the skylands for this update.
The sky dimension actually works like it used to work (it's been in the code for quiiite a while) but it gets overwritten by the real world terrain if you visit the real world first. The chunks are in the same folder so they get mixed up.
currently the skylands is just the normal world with different colored sky and clouds are way lower (underground with the normal terrain). The sun is always in the middle of the sky.
- Ender goo's texture is half a block or so above the physical block.
- Able to physically interact with stuff, it cant be walked through (the texture can be however), and can be stood upon for a platform.
- Is similar to a half step, except very very thin.
- Underside has a stone texture.
- Can be removed with water.
- Can be burned by lava.
- Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch. Source.
I say try adding this to the Air Portal and seeing what it does. ;P
New name until further notice/investigation: Ender Goo.
123 - Brewing Stand
124 - Cauldron
125 - Eye of Ender
116 - Enchantment Table
117 - Brewing Stand
118 - Cauldron
Screenies and Information released after 1.9 Part 2 and before Part 3.
[color="#000000"]Baby Animals! It's a baby moo moo! With a....big..head!XD A few pigs are in the background[/color]
[color="#000000"]Glossy Armor - notice the sword is purple.[/color]
[color="#000000"]A circle in minecraft! Madness![/color]
[color="#000000"]Enchantment Table Interface[/color]
[color="#000000"]The letters come from the Standard Galactic Alphabet.
Well played internets, you are good. (3)
These names will be random and confusing. (7)
Each spell costs experience levels. (15)[/color]
Quote from Viktn0r
The Standard Galactic Alphabet or SGA is used in the Commander Keen series of computer games. It was created by Tom Hall, who originally just wanted to make the writing on signs in the games look futuristic or alien. Then he realised that he could create a whole alternative alphabet and add cryptic messages throughout the games.
- Animal Breeding! Use wheat to breed. Hold wheat in your hand and they all 'should' follow you. Reports of this being a bit buggy. If you hit an animal in heat, it will stop being in heat.
- Snow Golems attack each other when you try to breed them. And User. Use wheat to make friendly towards you.
- Endermen now take FOUR standard (non-critical) hits with a diamond sword. Zombies & Zombie pigmen 3.
- Endermen now instantly teleport away from water. Agro seems to reset after this. They also dodge all arrows and do not die in the sunlight anymore. New sound effect likely to come in the official release of 1.9
- Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime.
- Chickens avoid lava.
- Golden apples have a sparkly animation.
- Golden apple also grants you Regeneration buff for 30 seconds.
- Golden nuggets are officially called "Gold nuggets" now.
- New Items: glass bottles, several new music discs, blaze powder, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes and magma cream. *Items uses unknown - bottles obviously for 'potions' as mentioned on twitter and not implemented yet. Possibly with official release.
- Ender pearls teleports you with the cost of damage when thrown.
- Ender perls do not work in MP.
- Items can be repaired now, just as Notch specified - combine two damaged items to make one with more uses.
- Can't get glass panes back when you break them anymore .
- Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds.
- Milk acts as a "clear all" for effects.
- Wood fences now connect to walls. Fences now only take up the space they appear to, as well as attaching to any solid block adjacent to them. This makes walking through diagonal-oriented fences possible.
- Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them. Cannot place pressure plates on top of nether fence.
- Fences can be placed like normal blocks.
- Normal fences and nether fences don't connect.
Thanks Mouzi for the following information
And a list of descriptions and IDs for them. Excuse the code tag (I couldn't find a
EDIT: All possible potion potency levels seem to have I, II, III and IV but not anything over that. After that it will just say potion.potency.5 and 6 and so on.
ID Code name In-game name Description 1 moveSpeed Speed Movement speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 2 moveSlowdown Slowness Movement speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 3 digSpeed Haste Mining speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 4 digSlowDown Mining Fatigue Mining speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 5 damageBoost Strength Damage dealt increases, known levels: I, II and III 6 heal Instant Health Constantly heals you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will do instant damage when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 7 harm Instant Damage Constantly damages you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will heal instantly when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 8 jump Jump Boost Increases jump height, level I to around 1.75 blocks and level II to 2.5 blocks, known levels: I and II EDIT: Level III jumps to around 3.25 blocks and you will take a bit of fall damage and level IV to around 4 blocks. 9 confusion Nausea Screen goes wavy, makes walking difficult 10 regeneration Regeneration Regenerates health (faster) EDIT: Apparently an old effect too, this has been since 1.8 11 resistance Resistance Probably raises your armor class temporarily 12 fireResistance Fire Resistance No fire damage, you will still catch fire, you can also dive in lava (you can not drown in it either). 13 waterBreathing Water Breathing Infinite breath, bubbles still appear but will not decrease. 14 invisibility Invisibility Does not seem to do anything as of now, mobs still attack and no visual change. 15 blindness Blindness Similar to the bedrock fog, you only see black after a few blocks. 16 nightVision Night Vision Night becomes a lot brighter, does not seem to affect caves (unconfirmed). 17 hunger Hunger Old effect, known as food poisoning or disease. Decreases food bar faster. 18 weakness Weakness Opposite of strength? Damage dealt decreases. 19 poison Poison Old effect. Look up poison on minecraft wiki. Known levels: I and II
Quote from ihave13gp
- 1 blaze rod -> 2 blaze powder
- blaze powder + slimeball -> magma cream
- spider eye + brown mushroom + sugar -> fermented spider eye
Example of the new fences
Blue Spider effect and drop
Giving an animal wheat will generate love hearts above its head for a short period of time.
Bring two similar animals together after they've been given food, and a few seconds later a third animal will spawn (of the same type). There aren't any baby animals though, sadly.
- Slimes also drip through the block they are above.
- Hardcore Mode
- Fire from lava doesn't burn you for nearly as long.
- Auto-jumping has been placed back in.
- New ID's for Items and CDs at the bottom of this post.
- F5 is back! (Hit twice to see in first person).
- Tooltips have purple edges.
- Name tag "TESTIFICATE" over the villagers is gone.
- Villages seem bigger.
- XP Gain from jumping has been removed/fixed.
- F8 cinematic mode is back
- Right clicking while holding a weapon = blocking.
Quote from ihave13gp
I decompiled the minecraft.jar files to have a look at the modified health and damage of mobs:
Endermen take 20 hearts of damage and deal 3.5 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Spiders take 8 hearts of damage.
Zombies take 12 hearts of damage and deal 2 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Cave spiders take 6 hearts of damage.
TyrantWave found these prefixes in the jar:
Those are all classified as potion.prefix.
"potion.prefix.mundane", "potion.prefix.uninteresting", ....
This could mean these are specifically potion only, or it's more generic and could be related to enhancements to items as well. (As potion works for that too)
[color="#000000"]New ID's & Records - Part 2[/color]
117 - Potion
118 - Glass Bottle
119 - Spider Eye
120 - Fermented Spider Eye
121 - Blaze Powder
122 - Magma Cream
New Record/CD IDs
2002 - Blocks
2003 - Chirp
2004 - Far
2005 - Mall
2006 - Mellohi
2007 - Stal
2008 - Strad
2009 - Ward
2010 - 11
- Blocks under water/lava "drip" into cave/cavern below.
- Trees on higher altitudes have less leaves.
- Grass drops more seeds.
- Lava flows faster.
- Do not jump infinitely when holding down space bar.
- Dried up river-beds in plains biome.
- Animal do not breed.
- Pumpking seeds are back in the chests in the dungeons!
- Lots of reports of mega-oceans.
- Armor values are now determined differently.
- Roses are back.
- Saplings drop less.
- Mushroom biomes ARE islands.
- "Infected" cows via shrooms
- Shearing Mushroom Cows nets you around 2-5 (need verification on precise range) red mushrooms, and also gets you a normal cow.
- According to the picture, new grass?
Quote of OgreSean
Mushroom Island: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level near sea level.
Mushroom Island Shore: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Flat land. Land base far below sea level (same as ocean.
Thus, Mushroom Island biomes actually spawn in the middle of Mushroom Island Shore biomes. However, the land for Shore biomes is underwater, which makes them appear like Oceans.
The top block for these biomes is the "mycel" block I mentioned earlier (which is not town related after all, but does play some kind of melody). No monsters, animals, or squids spawn in these biomes EXCEPT for mushroom cows.
- "Snow" biomes more rare.
- Snowman! - Built by Two snow block then pumpkin PLACES not crafted. Not sure how to make a snowman without a pumpkin head. They fight other "bad" mobs. They drop snowballs.
- Snowmen work in the Nether. (Bug? Unconfirmed.)
- Snow now settles on ice.
Quote of OgreSean
Frozen Ocean: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level far below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Frozen River: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Flat land. Land base level somewhat below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Ice Plains: Same as Plains, except cold temperature.
Ice Mountains: Same as Extreme Hills, except cold temperature.
Have fun with the hilarity of the snowmen attacking other mobs!
Images for Part 1
- Lilly Pads - Picked up by "Punching". Place by putting next to another lilly or surface block. Lilly Pads turn grey when picked up - bug?
- Darker grass - new grass texture for swamps
- Darker water around the swamp area
- Village Monks - 1 Priest is dressed in white
- A few other skins reported - aprons and pink?
- Reported that the mobs folder have 6 different textures for the villagers. (Butcher, Farmer, Librarian, priest, smith & villager).
- Nether Brick
- Nether Fence
- Nether Stairs
- Nether Stronghold - Netherholds!
- Nether Slimes
- "Blaze" Mob
- Nether Dungeons (Same a netherholds?)
- Netherwart - nether plant (A nether mushroom? Need more clarification.)
- Ghasts shoot "bombs" now.
- New Sounds by pigmen and ghasts (unconfirmed)
- Pigman drops "Rotten Flesh" & "Gold Nugget" - 3x3 craft = Gold Ingot
- Ghasts drop "Ghast Tear" - Unknown use
- Blazes drop "Blaze Rod" - Unknown use.
[color="#000000"]New ID's - Part 1[/color]
Quote from OgreSean
After decompiling the 1.9 Pre-Release minecraft.jar, here is everything I've found so far:
ID 110 - "mycel" - Apparently related to Villages, and has appearance of either grass or snow. If we had updated sounds, it would apparently play some kind of town melody when the player is nearby or when it is stepped on.
ID 111 - Water Lily
ID 112 - Nether Brick
ID 113 - Nether Fence
ID 114 - Nether Brick Stairs
ID 115 - Nether Stalk (some kind of plant that grows over soulsand and appears in nether strongholds)
ID 369 - Blaze Rod
ID 370 - Ghast Tear
ID 371 - "Gold Nugget"
ID 372 - Nether Stalk Seeds
ID 10 - Frozen Ocean
ID 11 - Frozen River
ID 12 - Ice Plains
ID 13 - Ice Mountains
ID 14 - Mushroom Island
ID 15 - Mushroom Island Shore
Enderman had their spawning frequency cut in half.
ID 13 - Small Fireball
ID 61 - Lava Slime
ID 62 - Blaze
ID 96 - Mushroom Cow
ID 97 - Snow Man
ID 120 - Villager
[color="#000000"]Click the Plus if I helped you! ---->[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Feel free to PM me if I missed your report. Do not abuse this. I will not respond to requests for 'help' that pertain to 1.9 pre-releases.[/color]
Keep it classy.
- To post a comment, please login.