- News and Announcements
- Other Information
Sinhika has graciously taken over the huge responsibility of the updating the mod/plugins. This officially marks me stepping down from active development of SimpleOres, however everything should still remain the same in terms of this thread and the CurseForge projects. Sinhika will push new updates through the same CurseForge projects, which should update the download widgets below. Any bugs/issues can still be posted here, and Sinhika will see them eventually. I'll still be around, just not taking an active part in the mod development.
Note: SimpleCore API is required for any of the below plugins to work (as of SimpleOres v1.5.0. Any previous versions DO NOT require SimpleCore API). It contains all the core classes that are used by the plugins so that they do not have to include the same code in each one, and increases their compatibility.
Installing SimpleOres and any other plugins is made easy (from 1.6 onwards) thanks to Minecraft Forge. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Download the Recommended version of the Minecraft Forge installer for the appropriate version of Minecraft from MinecraftForge. Run the installer and Forge will install.
- Download the latest version of SimpleCore API from the link above. Do not extract the .jar file.
- Go to your mods folder ("%appdata%/.minecraft/mods" on Windows) and copy the SimpleCore jar file into the mods folder.
- Download the latest version of SimpleOres and any other desired plugins from the links above, and copy them into your mods folder.
- You're done! Just load up the game again, make sure Forge is the selected profile, and you should be good!
SimpleOres, and the other plugins, are all extremely configurable. Almost everything you could ever want to be configured can be, using the configuration files that are generated automatically. As of Minecraft 1.7.2, ID's are no longer configurable, and should not cause any conflict problems. Use the generated config files in .minecraft/config/AleXndr/ to configure the plugins.
All the information on the content of SimpleOres and any other official plugins (including Fusion and Netherrocks) can be found on the SimpleOres Wiki. Note that the wiki is not necessarily up to date, and I apologise for this.
There are also unofficial plugins for SimpleCore API made by other awesome modders. If you make a plugin, make sure to link me to it, so I can add it here Below are threads for the unofficial plugins, which may or may not be updated to the latest versions.
Akkamaddi's Additions by Akkamaddi (Updated Thread by Sinhika) "These are, and those in this slowly growing post will be, "plug-in" mods for the open-source mod Simple Ores 2 by AleXndrTheGr8st, who is awesome."
TheOldOnes SimpleOres Plugins by TheOldOne A collection of plugins that add more functionality and features. Also includes compatibility plugins for Extended Workbench.
For SimpleOres and other Plugin reviews, see the spoiler below.
Click the links below for the changelog of each plugin:
Information for Modders/Modpack Creators:
For Plugin Creators: Everyone has permission to use SimpleCore API to create a plugin. All the source code is available under the Source Code section below. The same applies for any official plugins. Please see the Plugin Development Thread for more information and for discussing plugin creation.
Any translations below marked as outdated may or may not have everything translated or may no longer be correct, however they are included still because something is better than nothing.
The currently supported languages are:
- English US (en_US.lang): SimpleOres, Fusion, Netherrocks.
- Russian (ru_RU.lang): SimpleOres outdated, Fusion outdated.
- Chinese (zh_CN.lang): SimpleOres outdated, Fusion outdated, Netherrocks outdated.
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW.lang): SimpleOres outdated, Fusion outdated, Netherrocks outdated.
Thanks: The only thing left to say is a huge thank you, to all of you. To all the players of this mod, to those who offered feedback, helped with bugs, and to those who (mostly unknowingly) aided me with any Java issues I got stuck on. Thank you to Mojang for creating the game, thank you to the MCP team, and thank you to the MinecraftForge team!