• 0

    posted a message on ChickenBones Mods
    Quote from painter73»

    That is a permgen error, adding this line to your JVM arguments in the java settings section of the launcher may help: -XX:MaxPermSize=256M (Allocating more memory for minecraft to run and PermSize memory are 2 different things.)

    It helped! You were right. PermGen size was definitely not enough and allocating more memory for this is the solution.
    Here's the log from Java VisualVM without -XX:MaxPermSize=256M:

    Here's the log from Java VisualVM with -XX:MaxPermSize=256M:


    Thank you very much, mr. painter73! I am happy now for a long time.
    A am also allocating more PermGen memory to my server as well because i have nearly the same picture as for client.

    May be Chicken-Bones should add it to FAQ section in questions about "Omg, my supermodded minecraft freezes", i don't know.
    Also i found a notification about changing PermGen size on spigot forum: http://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/changing-permgen-size/
    Posted in: Minecraft Mods
  • 0

    posted a message on ChickenBones Mods
    A solution found!
    Quote from painter73»

    That is a permgen error, adding this line to your JVM arguments in the java settings section of the launcher may help: -XX:MaxPermSize=256M (Allocating more memory for minecraft to run and PermSize memory are 2 different things.)


    Updated 2015.03.09 10:22: I forgot about server launch command, here it is: "C:\Program Files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx3G -jar cauldron.jar

    Hello dear chicken bones. I have very annoying problem with Not Enough Items mod. It freezes minecraft in 1-10 minutes of game without any log in debug window. It was really pain in the ass until i replaced this really useful mod with CraftGuide. Hope you'll fix this soon.

    And this is what i have for you:

    Minecraft launching process log: http://pastebin.com/8uE9HnQ4

    I start minecraft, join server, wait about 40 seconds doing nothing before background music interrupts by a 1 sec freeze and then i got about 1 minute before the game gradually freezes for an infinite time.

    Then after 1 minute console says:
    > Exception in thread "Netty Client IO #2" [04:01:51] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
    > [04:02:00] [Client thread/INFO]: Stopping!

    And that's all.


    I have different behavior without BiblioCraft, Buildcraft Compat and Minetweaker mods: sometimes i can play a long time, sometimes just about 10 minutes. I played without them from the beginning and didn't notice such a long freeze. The problem appeared after i installed BiblioCraft.

    I tried to find out what mods causes this to happen and every time just getting the same picture: more mods i add, less time it takes to freeze (with NEI of course). Deleting buildcraft with additions (and deleting all pipes, engines etc. from world) seemed to me the problem was gone, but i think i just didn't play a long time needed for freeze to happen. Removing facades from config, higing facades in Minetweaker, deleting files from NEI archive, installing INPureCore mod to cull off facades from Buildcraft - nothing solves the problem.


    Server:
    - Minecraft 1.7.10 running on Bukkit Cauldron (ex MCPC) 1.1240.06.213.

    Server plugins:
    - Essensials
    - GriefBeGone 4.0b

    Server mods:
    - NotEnoughItems 1.0.4.90 (also tried recommended version)
    - CodeChickenCore 1.0.4.35 (also tried recommended version)
    - NEI Addons 1.12.4.16 (with or without, it didn't matter)
    - NEI Plugins 1.1.0.8 unofficial (with or without, it didn't matter)

    - BuildCraft 6.4.2
    - Additional Buildcraft Objects BC6.4+ 2.4
    - Buildcraft Compat 6.4.0
    - Quarry Plus 2.0.3

    - Industrial Craft 2 Experimental 2.2.689
    - GraviSuite 2.0.3
    - Nuclear Control 2.1.2a
    - Advanced Machines 59.0.2
    - Forestry 3.4.0.7

    - Micdoodle Core 3.0.8.257
    - Galacticraft Core 3.0.8.257
    - Galacticraft Planets 3.0.8.257

    - Railcraft 9.5.0.0
    - Steve's Carts 2.0.0 b18
    - Immibis Core 59.0.8
    - Immibis Microblocks 59.0.5
    - Dimensional Anchors 59.0.2
    - RedLogic 59.1.9
    - Biomes O' Plenty 2.1.0.1067
    - Balkon's WeaponMod 1.14.3
    - bspkrsCore 6.15
    - Treecapitator 2.0.4
    - Player API Core 1.2
    - Smart Core 1.0
    - Smart Moving 15.3
    - Inventory Tweaks 1.58
    - Ruins 14.7

    - BiblioCraft 1.9.2
    - MineTweaker 3 3.0.9C

    Client:
    - Minecraft 1.7.10 with Forge 10.13.2.1291 running on Java 1.8.0_40 x64 with 3072 mb memory allocated.

    Client mods:
    Same as server plus
    - Mouse Tweaks 2.4.4
    - Optifine 1.7.10 HD U B5
    - Smart Render 2.1
    - ArmorStatusHUD 1.28
    - Damage Indicators 3.2.3
    - Better Foliage 1.0.4
    - Rei's Minimap 3.6
    and without
    - Ruins mod.

    Computer:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

    Processord: FX-8350
    Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti (347.09 driver version)
    Memory: 16 GB

    MineTweaker script Main.zs does nothing special: http://pastebin.com/WCrAy2mF
    Posted in: Minecraft Mods
  • To post a comment, please .