- Retired Staff
Member for 9 years, 7 months, and 4 days
Last active Sun, May, 26 2019 14:22:53
- 313 Followers
- 2,222 Total Posts
- 2561 Thanks
Jul 3, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Mods Are Pre-Occupied with Forum Stuff, Post SandwichesPosted in: General Off TopicQuote from Phrossbite#engineering, son.
I've got one of those, really handy.
Jul 1, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Mods Are Pre-Occupied with Forum Stuff, Post SandwichesPosted in: General Off Topic
So delicious. I miss Earl of Sandwich.
Jul 1, 2014Posted in: Minecraft NewsQuote from JohnOptegrove
Not to sound like a Curse basher or anything, but probably the former.
You know we purposefully break things to anger people, right?
I will never understand why people categorically dismiss another group of human beings like one-dimensional caricatures. Believe it or not, we want an improved experience at least as much, if not more, than you guys. A broken, crappy forum isn't doing us any favors.
It's nearly impossible to summarize in one post just how broken the forum is right now, in its current state. The sheer amount of work the programming team had to do to get around a number of obvious problems (and loads more that weren't as apparent) was staggering. The new setup is, in every possible way that matters, better. It runs better, it's more stable, it doesn't eat friggin' posts, search actually WORKS, the list goes on and on. Now, part of this process is prioritizing things to change, fix, or improve. I'll be blunt here - making sure the forum actually runs is a higher priority than making it pretty. We can make it pretty whenever the dust clears, but if we make it look good but it won't run, how good it looks won't matter to anyone.
I don't think it's a huge leap of faith to assume that this overhaul is being done to give you guys a better experience. I'm personally very excited for the updates, and I can't see how anyone who understands how a forum this massive works couldn't be.
As a personal aside, casually demonizing and dismissing people isn't usually a good way to open others up to your way of thinking. Just a thought.
Jul 1, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
>>> THE FORUM IS CURRENTLY: READ-ONLY <<<
Even as we speak, the forum is undergoing maintenance! This thread will update when the forum is no longer in read-only mode!
During the maintenance period, you will still be able to read pages on the forum. However, you will not be able to post, change your profile, or make any other changes until we leave the maintenance period. This maintenance is to finish the upgrade of the forum platform to Cobalt, when the forum returns we'll be on our brand new platform.
We expect the forum to be in read only for up to 10 hours, from 9:00 AM CST (GMT -6).
Thank you for your patience, see you on the other side!
Jun 30, 2014IMPORTANT FORUM INFORMATION!Posted in: Minecraft News
Starting tomorrow (Tuesday, July 1st) at approximately 9:00 AM CST (GMT -6), the Minecraft Forum will be going into Read-Only Mode, while we back up the entire forum database, and get the new, improved forum software installed, up, and running!
During the maintenance period, you will still be able to read pages on the forum. However, you will not be able to post, change your profile, or make any other changes until we leave the maintenance period.
We anticipate that the maintenance will last around, or a little longer than, 10 hours.
We will update this post when the maintenance period goes into effect, as well as when it ends. We are very excited about the new forum changes, and think you will be as well! See you soon!
Jun 29, 2014Posted in: Minecraft NewsQuote from JediMasterBlox
I always get a kick out of these articles.
You should test the villager's reaction to fire, and the effects of coming into contact with it. Also maybe the villagers are amphibious creatures? They might be able to survive in water.
Yknow, I've never seen a villager drown before. This is worth examining.
Jun 29, 2014Day 2Posted in: Minecraft News
Greetings, science enthusiasts! Today was a productive day indeed in Village.
I personally felt the Village chapel was lacking a certain something, and I couldn't put my finger on it. After pondering the problem for many hours, it dawned on me that I had not seen a SINGLE bouncy castle anywhere in this forsaken town.
Before: Dull and boring. After: Colorful and bouncy.
My first act to save these people from overwhelming, lethal levels of boredom was to convert their dingy old chapel into a bouncy castle, complete with colorful windows, and a diving board at the top. It was incidental that I discovered that villagers cannot survive falls from a great height without bouncy blocks.
Suffice it to say, the villagers were amused with their improved structure, bouncing the day away without a care in the world. Not a single chore was finished, and not a single villager sale was made that day.
Experiment 2.1a conclusion: Villagers like bouncy things
While amusing themselves on the slime blocks, the villagers offered a proposition. They claimed, much to my surprise and disdain, that the netherbrick roads were terrifying them. They kept whining on and on about moaning voices, hot bricks burning their feet, and something about their souls (honestly, I wasn't listening very closely). I am nothing if not a benevolent experiment manager, so I conceded that quartz roads would look much nicer, and probably wouldn't drag them off into the nether in the middle of the night, maybe. As with all things in life, a price must be paid for this glorious new road!
Namely, an occupied prison cell, and a spectator sport for my amusement.
I erected a cozy containment building in the middle of town, where a community garden had previously been staining the landscape. The villager tagged as "Barnaby" volunteered at sword-point to enter the cell, and is now locked inside for an undetermined duration. We will see how that goes. Still, the cell was a minor concession. The real experiment lay ahead, in the form of Villager/Zombie races!
I erected a track on top of what has now been named "Death Mountain", designed to allow two villagers to race each other, in the friendly spirit of competition. In keeping with this friendly spirit of competition, the villagers are encouraged to race harder by friendly zombies, hot on their heels, the entire race. The loser of the race will be eaten by the friendly zombie, while the survivor will go on to more friendly advanced tests. I am nothing if not merciful! Having heard the cries of the villagers lamenting their road, I feel this solution was equally beneficial to all involved.
The blue-lane villager was eaten, so he was renamed "Zombie Chow". Red-lane won the race, and has been given the name "Peon". He will be given power over the others.
In conclusion, villagers are morons.
...I mean, they seem to respond to bartering, even under extremely unfavorable terms. Also, waving a sword at them makes them more receptive to uneven bargains. Join us next week, as we test the conductive properties of villagers, have another race to see who is the new jailer, and build a brand-new monster petting zoo!
Jun 25, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Minecraft Forum Beta Ending Soon - Help Us Test It!Posted in: Minecraft News
Try Out the New Forum!
If you recall, we have been hard at work getting the new, improved Minecraft Forum up and ready to go! Loaded with improvements - ranging from post editors that don't eat your formatting anymore, to improved load times, layouts, and more - we think you will really enjoy them! However, we need your help putting the final touches on everything.
Ideally, we want the new forum format to go live next week, but just to be sure everything is in order, we would like you to help us test everything out! Make posts! Edit posts! Report me, and everyone else you see on the beta forum! Anything and everything you can think of to help us make it the very best it can be when it goes live is greatly appreciated. Even better, constructive feedback (positive or negative) could earn you a custom title on the new forum!
Jun 25, 2014It's Wednesday, and that means snapshot day! What, you thought they were on Thursday? Not anymore! Mojang is aiming to release snapshots earlier in the week, to allow for more time in bugfixes, feature polish, and all that other good stuff. Minecraft - part of this complete breakfast*!Posted in: Minecraft News
Anyway, here is what's going on with 14w26a:
- Lots more internal rewrites.
- Many bug fixes and some performance optimizations.
- Added ‘/worldborder add’ command
- Added new world generator for debugging, useful for resourcepack makers (hold shift and cycle through “World Type” to select it)
- Blocks no longer talk about you behind your back.
- [Bug MC-5164] – Strenght and Weakness Potions do not work on agressive wolves
- [Bug MC-8987] – Flame-enchanted bows don't activate TNT minecarts!
- [Bug MC-22586] – spreadplayers command doesn't accept relative coords for x and z parameters
- [Bug MC-35431] – Tellraw commandblockoutput
- [Bug MC-46244] – Command block bug – New particle feature
- [Bug MC-46634] – Thunder Volume not affected by weather volume settings
- [Bug MC-46851] – Potion effect particles stay in spectator mode
- [Bug MC-51788] – Playsound doesn't work with relative coords
- [Bug MC-55589] – /particle doesn't work with some entities
- [Bug MC-55625] – /playsound relative to entity does not work
- [Bug MC-56294] – "Are you sure you want to open the following website?" buttons are offset
- [Bug MC-56862] – Guardian doesn't die on land and can swim in lava.
- [Bug MC-56877] – Snow Golem has a broken head
- [Bug MC-56884] – Negative Color Crosshair
- [Bug MC-56941] – Floating torch
- [Bug MC-57033] – Game crashes when new chunks are loaded
- [Bug MC-57057] – Guardian mob sound bug
- [Bug MC-57117] – Item frame backgrounds are black on server
- [Bug MC-57159] – Darker Grass, Mushrooms, Flowers, and Vines
- [Bug MC-57188] – Wearing Pumpkins on your head. Pumpkins are huge and upside down.
- [Bug MC-57256] – Placed anvil is rotated by 90°
- [Bug MC-57524] – Nether portals don't generate or generate unlit
- [Bug MC-57670] – The player no longer sinks into the first layer of stacked snow.
- [Bug MC-57685] – Water dungeons cannot be turned off using world customization
- [Bug MC-57822] – Cocoa Beans have wrong orientation
- [Bug MC-57829] – Lever on Slab is upside down
- [Bug MC-57841] – /give'ing written book with json data will show "Invalid Item" when hovered on in chat
- [Bug MC-57843] – Written book with json data not formatting right
- [Bug MC-57854] – Stained Glass Panes particles uncolored
- [Bug MC-57866] – Written books with JSON don't get created correctly (no color and styles)
- [Bug MC-57868] – stained glass pane are dropping white glass pane
- [Bug MC-57870] – /testforblocks broken
- [Bug MC-57882] – Empty line in creative inventory
- [Bug MC-57883] – The barrier blocks particles for being broken are purple and black checkered.
- [Bug MC-57916] – Iron Golems don't require air blocks to be besides their head when placing the head block
- [Bug MC-57917] – Drying a wet sponge in furnace with a STACK of buckets below will cause them to disappear and leave A SINGULAR water bucket
- [Bug MC-57966] – Block icons in statistics and flatland GUI rendering wrong
- [Bug MC-57986] – Stacked buckets bug
- [Bug MC-58025] – Losing my bukkets from sponge
- [Bug MC-58048] – Acacia and Dark Oak Logs mined with silk touch show the MissingTexture
- [Bug MC-58060] – Summoning FallingSand with TileID as Chest, Trapped Chest, Ender Chest, Lava and Water crashes game
- [Bug MC-58066] – Right-click with bow when no arrows in inventory
- [Bug MC-58136] – Pumpkin/Melon stems rendering incorrectly
- [Bug MC-58140] – Repeater will show Comparator texture when unpowered, delay:4 and locked
- [Bug MC-58191] – Can walk through snow layer (Block meta 7)
- [Bug MC-58196] – Fishing rod and carrot on a stick rendering incorrectly in 3rd person
- [Bug MC-58229] – Scores in written books don't work properly when on a server
- [Bug MC-58493] – BUD Creates Double Redstone Drops When Activated
- [Bug MC-58537] – Supplemental selectors in /scoreboard teams join & leave don't work with the @e selector
- [Bug MC-58637] – FallingSand – Only top side of block has a texture
- And many more that weren’t reported on the bug tracker!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w26a/minecraft_server.14w26a.jar
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!
*With milk added
Jun 24, 2014
Minesweeper: it's been on nearly every version of Windows since the dawn of time. Alternating between amusing and infuriating, Minesweeper has been the default time-killer for years, and now, exists to kill some time inside Minecraft!
Minecrafter magib1 has put together a fully functional version of the game, including features such as:
- 3 Difficulties (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert)
- Customizable minefields (Up to 50x50 and up to 1,000 mines)
- Automatic win detection
- Explosive mines
- Built in timer
- Automatic win detection
- Easy to reset
Want to take a shot at this game? How long can you go before triggering a mine? Click here, and find out!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jul 4, 2015Sacheverell posted a message on Day 1: Minecon is LIVE! - Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, Minecraft: Story Mode TrailerPosted in: News
Neither, it is a stand-alone game.
May 26, 2015Posted in: News
There are tens of thousands of those, at the very minimum. Historically, any attempt I've made to find such a channel has been met with resistance, to put it mildly.
I'm more than willing to consider channels people send to me, and if they find a good one, awesome! However, lacking in omniscience as I am at the moment, finding a good channel on a random search in a literal sea of channels is, at the best of times, exceedingly difficult. Feel free to suggest one!
May 26, 2015Posted in: News
The point of the article was the mod, not the Youtuber.
Regardless, the logic of this argument has always eluded me: an unpopular Youtuber - that is, one that is not well known - is by design hard to find.
Feb 25, 2015Sacheverell posted a message on Minecraft Show: Turkey Investigates Minecraft, PE Updates, Cheat ProtectionYea, that whole thing was strange. Minecraft is one of the least violent games I know.Posted in: News
Jan 25, 2015Sacheverell posted a message on 1,800 Minecraft Passwords Leaked? Nope - Just Phishing........................................................................watPosted in: News
Jan 22, 2015Sacheverell posted a message on Ender Dragon Changes Coming Soon! Minecon News PendingYou know I've been posting daily for nearly 3 years now, right? This isn't a recent change, and isn't likely to change either. The world of Minecraft is huge, and there is a lot to explore out there. Showing to people is what I do, and I love doing it.Posted in: News
Sorry if the update frequency bothers you, but I have no plans to change it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.