- Retired Staff
Member for 9 years, 7 months, and 4 days
Last active Sun, May, 26 2019 14:22:53
- 313 Followers
- 2,222 Total Posts
- 2561 Thanks
Feb 1, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Minecraft News - Spectator Mode, Barrier Blocks & MORE!
David and Toby hit 100k subscribers recently, congratulations guys! This week, they dive into the recently Snapshot-revealed "Spectator Mode", barrier blocks, and much more. Enjoy!
Jan 30, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
One day, Dinnerbone wrote some really important information that changed the fate of humanity, and nobody knew it because nobody reads this text anyway, except the guy referencing it for updates. Oh, sorry, what was that? Snapshot? Oh right yes of course! Here we go:
NOTABLE ADDITIONS FOR SURVIVAL:
- Book copying mechanics has been altered to differentiate the original & copies of books
- Activator rails can eject entities from Minecarts
NOTABLE ADDITIONS FOR MAPMAKERS:
- Added a spectator gamemode (/gamemode spectator). Not 100% finished.
- Spectators cannot be seen by anybody but other spectators
- Spectators can view inventories/etc, but not modify them
- Spectators can go through any entity or block without interfering with it
- Spectators can click on entities to take their camera
- Spectators cannot use items, place blocks, destroy blocks or interact with blocks in any way
- Spectators are only slightly buggy maybe sometimes
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
BUGS FIXED THIS SNAPSHOT:
- [Bug MC-38944] – Joining Realms World "Cancel" Button Mis-Placed
- [Bug MC-44521] – @a, @e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- [Bug MC-45050] – /fill … skull | Hitbox Bug
- [Bug MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- [Bug MC-45453] – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- [Bug MC-45470] – Items don't render on the ground properly
- [Bug MC-45478] – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them
- [Bug MC-45492] – Transparent blocks are much darker
- [Bug MC-45554] – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- [Bug MC-45763] – Some blocks are facing the wrong way if placed in an Item Frame
- [Bug MC-45764] – Map will not show in item frame
- [Bug MC-45795] – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- [Bug MC-45847] – /summon Villager Farmer NBT tag canPickUpLoot will default to 0
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w05a/minecraft_server.14w05a.jar
Report bugs here:
Jan 29, 2014
Cubes have been a part of Minecraft since it was first created, with other shapes - spheres in particular - long thought to be both impossible, and out of place. However, the recent Snapshot revealed a curious quirk in game mechanics that would let you create spheres, rings, and other similar shapes using a trick of redstone, as demonstrated by Logdotzip. Give it a look, and see what you can come up with yourself!
Map originally created by .
Jan 27, 2014
There have been a lot of questions about the new skin system - how to use it, how the layers work, how to make new skins - and Docm77 is here to answer them! This video explains how to transfer your 1.7 skin to Minecraft 1.8, and how to create your own custom skin with simple and free tools. Enjoy!
Jan 26, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Minecraft News - Villager Actions, Top 1000 Skins & ModJam3 Results!
It's time for another weekly installment of Minecraft News. New skin system, new adventure maps, new everything - enjoy!
Jan 23, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
- Item frames can give off a signal detected by Comparators.
- Lots of changes to villager AI. Some of them now actually do stuff!
- Looting now gives 1% chance of rare loot per level
- Iron Golems/Zombie Pigmen now drop items on normal kills
- You can now spawn Iron Golems/Snow Golems/Withers with dispensers + pumpkin/skulls respectively
- Bushes can now catch fire
- Buttons can now be placed on ceiling/floors
- Seecret Changes
- Balancing tweaks!
NOTABLE MAPMAKER ADDITIONS:
- New command /particle to show particle effects in the world. It can also be relative to entities. Example: /particle lava ~ ~1 ~ 1 1 1 0.5 2 @e[type=Chicken]
- Added the ability to filter block types in the /fill command, but only if it’s used to fill in replace mode with “normal” blocks. It does not work when filling with block entities. Syntax: /fillreplace [filterBlockName] [filterData]
- Fixed most of the remaining issues with the /clone command, for example chest orientation.
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-1253] – Ladder, Sign, Fence, Gate, Trapdoor causes block it is placed in to darken
- [Bug MC-2399] – Transparent blocks raise the light level of the block they're in visually by one
- [Bug MC-9582] – Whole-word selection behaves erratically in chat
- [Bug MC-16457] – Pumpkin texture flips when made into snowman
- [Bug MC-18284] – New AI mobs see through invisibility
- [Bug MC-18984] – Dead bushes and Saplings do not burn
- [Bug MC-24336] – Withers are harmed by the explosions of their Wither Skulls
- [Bug MC-25370] – Mouse is centered when going to previous menu with ESC
- [Bug MC-31081] – Stone monster eggs Spawn 2 Silverfish
- [Bug MC-31203] – Furnace Progress Remains After Changing Ingredient
- [Bug MC-32301] – Lava fizz sound plays whenever a flowing lava block destroys an air block
- [Bug MC-36847] – No Colon after Game Mode in World Options
- [Bug MC-37355] – server-icon.png alpha channel display
- [Bug MC-43984] – Normal players can use player selectors
- [Bug MC-44551] – Silverfish can infest Granite/Andesite/Diorite
- [Bug MC-44592] – Lava spreads further than it should
- [Bug MC-44805] – /difficulty doesn't update on singleplayer
- [Bug MC-44890] – Doors get added to the list of village doors over and over again
- [Bug MC-44893] – /kill Not Killing Invulnerable Entity
- [Bug MC-45011] – /clone doesnt clone TileEntity orientation
- [Bug MC-45056] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Loading entity NBT
- [Bug MC-45063] – Tripwire is invisible
- [Bug MC-45071] – The world freezes if an Enderman is being hit.
- [Bug MC-45082] – Skin Layers Appear to be Off when Travelling through Portals
- [Bug MC-45084] – Skin's Second Layers Invisible in First Person
- [Bug MC-45087] – Id for cooked fish is "minecraft:cooked_fished"
- [Bug MC-45172] – New skin layer jacket acts enchanted when enchanted pants equipped
- [Bug MC-45235] – Double Shift = Sprint
- [Bug MC-45448] – Problem with auto-completion of commands
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w04a/minecraft_server.14w04a.jar
Report bugs here:
Jan 21, 2014Our Minecraft mod database on Curse.com has been growing at a steady pace, and if you haven’t heard yet, we are in the process of becoming the official hosting platform for Forge mods. We’re up to 731 released and beta mods on Curse.com with well over 1,200 on CurseForge in their planning, alpha, beta and released stages!Posted in: Minecraft News
We’ve also been listening to your feedback, and the number 1 request we kept hearing was the need to filter mods based on the version of Minecraft it supports. So we are proud to announce that we have added this to our Curse.com database!
Thanks again to the community for suggesting such a great feature! Don’t forget, we’re also testing the new version of CurseForge, using Minecraft mods, texture packs and worlds as our guinea pigs, and you can take part in that here. If you’d like to host your Forge mod on Curse, head on over to CurseForge and start your project here.
Jan 19, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Minecraft News - World Editing Snapshot, New Skins & 'Spirited Away' Build!
David and Toby look at the last weeks' excitement, including some really exciting stuff happening in the recent Snapshots. Enjoy!
Jan 18, 2014
Minecon is a huge event, with all sorts of activities, people, and things to see. For a lot of attendees, we show up to the event without thinking much on how it came to be. BardyardFX recently made a video on their efforts to bring Minecon alive with props, statues, and more, with a behind-the-scenes glance at how much work it takes to bring a convention alive. Enjoy!
Jan 16, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
Building on last week's Snapshot, Mojang continues the drive to give mapmakers even more awesome tools (and fix some bugs too)! What's on this week's Snaphot?
FEATURE LIST (MAP-MAKER EDITION!):
- /tp now supports rotation arguments
- Player selectors (@p, @e, etc) now support cubic areas. For example: @e[x=0,y=0,z=0,dx=10,dy=10,dz=10] gets all entities between 0,0,0 and 10,10,10
- Added /clone command to copy large areas to other areas
- Added a /fill command to fill a large area with a block
- Cross-platform jar:https://s3.amazonaws...rver.14w03a.jar
- Windows EXE:https://s3.amazonaws...rver.14w03a.exe
Skins have undergonie some changes as well! You can now set different textures for different body parts (instead of one "arm" texture, etc), as well as apply a "hat" layer to any body part, not just the head! Not enough awesome? What if you could toggle any layer parts on your body? You can do that too! Customizing your skin has never been easier, or more cool. Give it a try!
Be right back, I'm going to go server-hopping without my mask.
Jan 14, 2014
Ever played Space Invaders (or, failing that, remember when SethBling created a version of it)? Jesper the End remembered, and wanted to create a fully working version of the game, playable inside Minecraft. This is the result of his labors! You can , but you will need the recent Snapshot to do so (14w02c). Enjoy!
Jan 13, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on Community Creations - Working Claw Machine (14w02c)
Have you ever been to a store or a restaurant with one of those claw machines? You know the kind, with prizes at the bottom, and the idea is to maneuver a mechanical claw to pick up a prize, and deposit it in the prize slot? Now, you can take a shot at winning prizes without ever leaving the comfort of your chair; redstone guru sethbling has put together a fully working claw machine!
The "claw" (made from villagers, and one very distraught-looking iron golem) is controlled with pressure plates, and the prizes include ocelots, witches, creepers, and one particularly rare-to-catch slime. How many prizes can you win?
The machine was created using new features added in the recent Snapshot, 14w02c, and can be downloaded in the video description by .
Be right back, I'm going to win that slime...
Jan 11, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
The lead of the Feed-The-Beast team and the lead of the Forge API have announced a partnership with Curse and CurseForge as the official hosting platform for Forge mods and FTB Mod Packs, as well as integrating FTB packs, mod installation, and mod pack creation into a new version of the Curse Client!
Quote from Slowpoke »This is a short post that is being made in order to announce that an agreement has been reached to form a partnership between Minecraft Forge, FTB and Curse. The main focus of this deal will be for members of all teams to come together to continue to develop CurseForge into a platform designed to become the number one place for the distribution of mods. It will also be the goal to develop and release a completely new mod installer under the Curse name that will tap into CurseForge.
Whilst this partnership will involve several major changes to both Forge and FTB, it should be noted that the ownership of Forge and FTB will remain in their current hands. Having said that, there are several changes that affect both communities that we wish to make in order to help facilitate the main goals of our objective.
Read the full writeup by clicking here!
Jan 11, 2014Sacheverell posted a message on KiDS HoOked on MiNeCraAFt ~ Direwolf20 1.6.4 ~ Active Staff ~ Great Community ~ Non-WhiTeListEd ~ Survival ~Morph ~ Dedicated SeKinda surprised no one recognized me on here, hehe. Interesting server.Posted in: PC Servers
Jan 9, 2014Posted in: Minecraft News
UPDATE - BUGFIXES:
- [Bug MC-44331] – Interacting with invalid villagers crashes the game
- [Bug MC-44359] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception generating new chunk
- [Bug MC-44370] – Item Entity falling on Farmland destroys the Farmland
- [Bug MC-44371] – “/kill @e” does not kill arrows
- [Bug MC-44378] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception ticking world
- [Bug MC-44380] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Invalid Biome id
- [Bug MC-44383] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Getting biome
- [Bug MC-44389] – Leaves not changing colour depending on biome
- [Bug MC-44390] – @a doesn't work with all commands
- [Bug MC-44392] – Hopper: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
- [Bug MC-44400] – /clear does not respect "max count" when above 0
- [Bug MC-44409] – /blockdata with CommandBlocks not updating
- [Bug MC-44442] – Water/Lava Not Flowing "Smart"
- [Bug MC-44467] – Biome-specific terrain features being placed in the wrong area
- [Bug MC-44468] – Using @a with scoreboard assigns things per UUID not name
After a long winter hibernation, Minecraft comes alive with the sound of Snapshots! The 1.8 update promises a whole lot of awesome new stuff to enjoy, and today's Snapshot gives you a chance to see some of those changes, right now! Enough talk - LET'S SEE WHAT WE HAVE TODAY:
Big survival changes:
- 3 new stone types!
- Major Enchanting & Repairing changes!
- Mossy stone bricks recipe!
- Updated Villager trading!
- Doors stack!
- Slime blocks!
- Lots of other tweaks, changes, bug fixes and secret features!
- Adventure Mode no longer lets you place/destroy blocks.
- But that can change!
- Added Entity Selectors! Use @e in certain commands to target entities. You can limit it with [type=Chicken] or [type=!Skeleton]
- Added a /blockdata command!
- Added ‘Lock’ (String) NBT tag on most containers.
- Added an optional entity parameter to /kill (try: /kill @e[type=!Player]
- Added optional arguments to /clear for max item count (use 0 to not actually delete anything) & NBT data
- Lots of other tweaks, changes, bug fixes and secret features!
- Cross-platform jar:https://s3.amazonaws...rver.14w02a.jar
- Windows EXE:https://s3.amazonaws...rver.14w02a.exe
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Oct 24, 2011Posted in: NewsQuote from bromber
In the survey the option for age is wrong, you have 35-44 then next is 55+ you missed out the 44 - 54 age group.
Unfortunately im in that age group :sad.gif:
Woops! We'll get that fixed, sorry about that!
Aug 15, 2011Posted in: NewsQuote from ShaunStatic
This is a cool contraption.. but honestly I think etho's boat launcher is far better than this - it's more compact, instantly boosts the boat to max speed, takes fewer resources, is easier to build, etc.
Again, I like this design but don't really think it deserved a digital diamond - not compared to some of the other stuff that has been shown lately.
Feel free to have him send it to me. :smile.gif:
Aug 10, 2011Posted in: NewsQuote from frumbert
I can't just click the "helpful hints" or "digitial diamonds" text and go to that category of videos... that would be the obvious thing for those logos - not to open the same thing in a lightbox.
I may do exactly that going forward. Thanks for the suggestion. :happy.gif:
Jul 27, 2011Posted in: News
Does Notch tell admins of the forums what new things are added to Minecraft? :tongue.gif: If so I would like to sign up for admin. xD
I'm not able to discuss the specifics. As I said before, I've said all I'm going to say about it.
Jul 27, 2011Posted in: News
1, You can clearly tell, Minecraft isn't the most realistic thing in the world but i doubt something like this would be in.
2. and The blocks you see them holding I Can tell for sure they are photoshopped By the way the blocks are facing
3. the grass block has in Minecraft dosn't have a green top, its supposed to be side grass all over the block if you've Edited it in before.
I can promise you, they're real. That's all I'm saying about it for now. :happy.gif:
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.