My first time on these forums in several months, and I just had to post a good job on here. Not many Default Plus texture packs can really shine like this one does. Good job. Glad to know I can still expect quality from good ol' KaiserYoshi. If I find anything particularly wrong with it, I'll come back and pass it on, but from first glance, this is looking pretty fantastic.
Can't wait for the 1.9.x (pre) update! :smile.gif:
EDIT: Holy ****! Raposa318! I thought you died!
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 6 months, and 8 days
Last active Wed, Jan, 21 2015 13:49:57
- 0 Followers
- 1,026 Total Posts
- 40 Thanks
Jul 12, 2011So I've decided to make this into a mod, but because of certain data-storage restrictions, I have to modify the functionality just slightly.Posted in: Suggestions
- Instead of setting and resetting a scope length, the block will instead always have a scope of 8 (perhaps 12) blocks. This does not, however, always mean 8 (12) blocks must be used.
- Instead of constant power flow when an object is within the specified range, the block will only send a single pulse of power when it detects a change (based on whole number coordinates for entities) in the distance between it and the nearest object in the active direction within the maximum distance. When hooked up to a toggle switch, you could achieve constant power for the time that the field of vision is blocked.
- Right clicking will not reset direction or scope, but instead toggle between active and inactive states. Alternatively, the block could require a power input from the sides or bottom. That part I haven't decided on yet.
- There will only be one version, made with cobblestone, a redstone torch, a redstone dust, and glass.
_______:--+: = Redstone Torch
_______:RedShroom: = Redstone Dust
Jul 11, 2011PropertyReader v2.0 and CrystalClearWaters v3.10 are online at MCModCenter. Follow the links on the OP or in my sig for downloads.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
PropertyReader v2.0 is wildly changed, completely rewritten, and full of awesomeness. CrystalClearWaters requires it now, instead of the old version. CrystalClearWaters v3.10 also includes a temporary fix for the grass issue, to use until I find a less invasive fix.
Jul 11, 2011Minecraft ForumsPosted in: Mods Discussion
Quintessential Creatures (MCF)
Jul 11, 2011Just want to let everyone know hat my downloads will be going offline for a short while. I'm migrating over to the new MCModCenter and I need to clean my HDD mod archives and links. Please be patient.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Always remember that you can always find my mods on mcmodcenter.net before they get released here!
Jul 10, 2011Posted in: SuggestionsQuote from CaveCricket48
1) I'm thinking transparent and non-solid blocks (glass, water, torches, signs, etc.) should not trigger the sensor.
2) I have considered creating some textures, but I'm no artist. If you feel like you would like to make textures for this block, feel free to.
Oh, I already offered to make this into a mod, but I guess you didn't see that. :smile.gif: That's why I'm asking specifics. But now I have enough information to make it, knowing I can go ahead and make some textures. I have a couple of neat ideas already, so we'll see how it goes. :smile.gif:
Jul 10, 2011@OP:Posted in: Suggestions
1) What blocks would cause a trigger, other than completely opaque, full blocks? For example, how would it interact with signs, ladders, fences, torches, doors, etc?
2) Do you have any textures, or am I going to have to whip something up?
Jul 10, 2011On another note, I'm finishing up the new and improved PropertyReader v2.0. All new, more efficient, more powerful, and just as easy to learn. With it will come proper documentation and javadocs. In addition, there will be special methods to use for creating block and item id properties, that will automatically detect and disallow the use of invalid id numbers. It's pretty sweet.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jul 10, 2011Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Tiaer
Anybody else notice that the crystal clear waters mod causes underwater grass? Is there a way to fix that?
Sorry if anybody else mentioned this.
Yeah, the bug was reported to me already. Unfortunately it's caused by Mojang's latest fix for getting grass to grow underneath non-opaque blocks like fences, signs, and glass. What they didn't do was add a check for water. I'm going to search as much as I can for a way to fix it without becoming any more invasive of a mod.
Jul 9, 2011Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from willfullcookie
I dont believe the current version of CrystalClearWaters is compatible with the current Optifog, Which sucks since it such a useful mod.
Unfortunately, you're correct. Same goes for Optimine. I'm working on versions that will be compatible with Optimine, and with the Optimine-OptiFog package.
Jul 8, 2011Alright, CrystalClearWaters is up and working. Three APIs, including PropertyReader, are up on MMC, and should be finding a home here on MCF (possibly in their own thread) shortly.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Also, I have posted an announcement about videos, please check the Announcements section of the OP.
Jul 8, 2011Hey guys, sorry I've been away so long. Life got too busy and I had to cut things off my agenda. Now I have a little more spare time again and came back and updated like a madman. I have four mods updated already, and MCU in the testing/bugfixing stage. I might also look into the pistons and see what awesome magic I can incorporate with them. :wink.gif:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Expect update postings soon!
- To post a comment, please login.