- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 1 month, and 19 days
Last active Sun, Apr, 30 2017 02:09:21
- 0 Followers
- 567 Total Posts
- 90 Thanks
Jan 31, 2014But it seems like now there is a bigger problem with the repair function.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Holding shift and clicking on the repaired item results in multiple copies of the item filling your inventory as well as not even consuming the original items!
Jan 31, 2014Posted in: Recent Updates and SnapshotsQuote from Quijonsith
I updated to 14w05b just now and nearby generated terrain ending up with 2 desert temples along my new exploration route. Both had the usual 4 chests with TNT under the floor and said chests had the same styles of loot I've always found in various desert temples.
Perhaps then it is seed based? Seems like some people aren't having the issue whilst others are.
Jan 30, 2014Posted in: Recent Updates and SnapshotsQuote from TheMasterCaverThis is indeed a bug that started in 14w04b (note also that 14w04a had a bug where dungeons didn't generate at all). I can only guess that it has to do with the changes to item IDs, but that started before the recent dungeon bugs; perhaps they changed something in the way they generate?
Oh wow, I wasn't aware Mojang had a bug report section on their website. I'll use that next time I find something like this.
Quote from KyoShindaI really don't know how bugs like this come around, how much of the code do they keep rewriting? I don't see why it would be necessary for them to delete the specific code that would spawn the chest itself then, with all their prowess of coding, mess it up to where the application doesn't crash yet doesn't spawn a chest. Maybe they were planning to do something with it and got side-tracked before putting the chests back.
Changing anything in the coding can affect anything else in the coding, inadvertently most of the time.
It could've been something to do with fixing of this bug: [Bug MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
Knowing Mojang, they probably took a shortcut and made the fill command out of the generation code that develops structures, thus it now is affecting blocks with tile entities. My thought is that since chests are blocks with tile entities, they get removed when the dungeon "fills" itself with air to carve out it's empty space. This would make sense if the chests are placed before this occurs, and the spawner after, resulting in a dungeon with no chests 100% of the time. This could also explain why it affects other looting structures as well. As for strongholds, perhaps the carving with the "fill" command happens first.
Also: I have found that it seems to be affecting both Desert Temples and Jungle temples as well.
Jan 30, 2014I generated a new world in today's snapshot. I've come across three dungeons so far, all without chests. I became skeptical that my luck was this bad.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
So I've been flying around inside MCEdit. So far all the dungeons I have come across underground contain no chests, only a lonely spawner. This was also true for the abandoned mineshaft I located as well, three cave spider spawners, but no chests inside them. I haven't found any temples to check those yet, so I'm not sure about those yet.
However, the first stronghold I found underground DID have chests in it.
I haven't checked nether fortresses yet either.
But I would like someone to help to confirm this before it's posted as a bug.
(Not sure if right place to post. Been a couple years...)
Sep 30, 2012It probably teleported away to somewhere where your movements made his position outside the radius of active chunks, therefore preserving his existence. Upon your mining excursion in the direction of this spectre, it became active once more and ready to seek it's prey.Posted in: Machinimas
Sep 14, 2012Rayziik posted a message on whats something fun to do in minecraft after playing it for over a year?Build. Build one of everything. And then build it 2x as big again. I'm halfway done myself...Posted in: Survival Mode
Sep 2, 2012Yea there are a good number of mods, plugins, and 3rd party programs/hacks that you can use to modify the spawner to spawn creepers.Posted in: Survival Mode
Also, saying that this was spawned naturally is a lie, because they can't be spawned like that naturally.
Spawners can occur in these places, spawning mobs chosen randomly when generated:
Spawns Zombies (50% chance), Skeletons (25%), or Spiders (25%). One per dungeon.
Abandoned Mine Shafts
Spawns Cave Spiders. Located in horizontal tunnels, heavily surrounded by Cobwebs.
Spawns Silverfish. Located in the End Portal room. One per stronghold.
Spawns Blazes. Located on balconies with stairs leading up to them.
Sep 1, 2012Rayziik posted a message on I found a naturally generated... sewer tunnel? (PIC)Either the server is modded or someone built it. Otherwise this is fake, because nothing in minecraft generates like this.Posted in: Survival Mode
- To post a comment, please login.