I put wrath of the fallen on my hamachi server,
Does anyone want to play it with me? Today?
If you want to i'll send you the hamachi server info.
So yeah. Thats pretty much it. You'll also have to
have MCPatcher, And a certain texture pack for the full
"experience" I suppose. So yeah, Waiting to hear from you all.
- Registered Member
Member for 8 years and 6 months
Last active Fri, Jul, 5 2013 19:47:23
- 0 Followers
- 144 Total Posts
- 20 Thanks
Nov 16, 2012Herobrine should basically be a gamemode. You can switch your gamemode to Herobrine and it allows him to spawn in the world, if your into that kinda creepy gameplay like slender, so Herobrine mode could be like vanilla minecraft, but with a kind of slender-based scariness. Maybe Herobrine can mess with you in light levels below 5 or something. It'd be a fun gamemode to add to the game, I bet people would play on it and do letsplays so people could watch they're reactions. It seems people just like watching others scream at a computer because pixels showed up.Posted in: Suggestions
Nov 16, 2012Posted in: SuggestionsBefore posting, please think about giving ideas and constructive critisicm, thank you.
Ok, this suggestion is to add purposes for unused things. And what better a way to do that than adding a new structure, and a few new blocks perhaps?
I want to suggest a way to obtain the new mob heads so -Lets add a new structure, an abandoned house! this structure will use a block called"Decayed wood" -
When broken, decayed wood would break without giving a block, unless silk touch is applied. Decayed wood would also be used to make the house look decayed and for decoration. The house would look like this-
As you can see, the house has decayed wood, looks very old, and has some random redstone placed in it. A dead bush sits in a pot and 3 skeleton heads lay on the decayed floor. The house would spawn with 1 - 3 skeleton heads in it, as if there were residents there before it was abandoned. There would be a 90% chance of the wood being decayed, an 80% chance of the cobblestone being mossy, and an 80% chance of vines spawning in and outside of the house. The roof would have bits and peices missing, and decayed wood as well as vines, same spawning mechanics, but there would be a 20% chance that blocks would be missing on the roof.
I want to suggest a new use for sponges so -Sponges will now spawn in ocean biomes at the ocean floor, these sponges can be used to clean things, they will have 10 uses and can be used as decoration. Sponges, can be used upon mossy blocks, mossy stone bricks, mossy cobblestone, and mossy stone walls. These cleaned blocks will drop a thin moss block. These thin moss blocks spawn naturally only in jungle biomes. Upon right clicking mossy blocks, sponge cleaning would go like this:
When the thin form of moss is put into all 9 slots of the crafting table, it would make a full moss block, it would look a bit like this:vvvvvvvThis being full moss block --> <-- This being full moss block
this full moss block can be right clicked onto cobblestone, stone bricks, and stone walls too make a mossy version of that block, finally a use for sponges.
Now, what do you think? leave constructive critisicm please, and suggestions!I need suggestions for what chests contain. (Nothing overpowered)(Chests have a 20% chance of containing a creeper or zombie mob head)I need suggestions for more sponge uses, and decayed wood uses.And in general, give me YOUR ideas for unused things!
Allons-y! Randumite out~
Jul 20, 2012Randumite Here, I Had a few ideas for mob revisions.Posted in: Suggestions
So, First of all, this is a thread for mob improvment, And so,
first of all, lets start with zombies, and we'll go on from there.
Ok, Number One, I see why zombies would drop iron tools,
Because they used to be players.. But why just iron?
Small revision: Wood Tools - Iron, Iron being the most rare.
Wood being the less rare. Number Two, I think zombies should be
aggrovated against iron golems, Because then the Iron
Golems arent exactly invincible, because thats quite overpowered.
Ok, Number One, Same Iron golem suggestion, unless they're
already agrro against iron golems, in which case... yeeaaah...
Anyway, I think there isn't much for skeletons to be revised, they're nice
I guess, So Lets move on.
Ok, Number One, Spiders need to be aggro aginst iron golems and so
Number Two, Spiders need rare drops too? What about cobwebs? Eh?
[Cobweb rare drop Suggested by:astrotrap]
Ah, The Enderman, my favourite mob, Enderpearls: Good. Eye of Ender: Good..
Teleporting: Fun for fighting. The Damage done by it: Good, I guess.
But anyway, I like the Enderman, I think its nice, so no revisions...
And making it aggro against iron golems would just be too much, unless
its attack, so.. yeah
Ok, slime, I leik it, not too hard to fight cause you dont find it much.
---------The Nether Mobs-----------
So, the nether, I like it, its a nice addition, I think a bit more
could be added but, other than that, its good, but lets look at the mobs,
and see if we can find anything wrong with them that may need a revision.
Blaze, I leik it, But..
Number One: Its a bit overpowered by my encounters, For instance..
Its kind of hard to avoid the fire and everything, but harder for me to shoot arrows at it.
I guess I could try a bit more, But anyway, Maybe the fire could stop spreading a bit?
And so, Number Two! Rare Drops for Blaze? I suggest Fire! That way
Chain mail will have a way to be made, maybe it shouldn't be a rare drop.
I like the Ghast, nothing should be chaaaanged..
To me its overpowered, Maybe take its damage down a bit?
Unlike the slime, Its a bit easier to find, but Really hard to fight
due to its high-jumping-ness probably, now lets go to passive mobs.
Well, passive mobs, what needs to be changed? lets go and find if anything should be changed
Ok, Wolfs are nice, Maybe they're health needs to be heightened? Or something..
Wolfs die too quickly, basically.
And I like cats, nothing needs to be changed there, unless you have a suggestion.
Putting all of these together cause i'm too lazy- BUT ANYWAY!
Pigs, I leik them, they have saddles and arent controlled..
and that new 1-3 porkchops instead of 0-2, Thats nice.
Sheep? I leik em' nuthin needs to be changed, maybe a rare meat drop..
Cows, Awesome, put a saddle on em' and be able to control em'? Even better!
Ok, everyone, I want contructive critisicm, I dont want plain right insults, but contructive critisicm, please haha, seriously D:
Anyway, What do you think should be changed about the mobs? and tell me if you support! these are just some ideas I had so I thought I'd post em', if it doesn't seem to polished to you, it was probably cause I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was.
May 4, 2012Randumite Here!Posted in: Suggestions
I know this has probably been suggested one million times before but, I have an idea for a new dimension.
I recently was looking at a crying obsidian post and a use for crying obsidian making a portal.
I think there should be a Dimension of worth with this crying obsidian- kinda like a barren wasteland but underneath the ground, it should be rich with dungeons that give random and not as rare loot.
But anyway back to my first idea, a new block to go to a new dimension For instance...
this dimension would be a water dimension full of sea creatures, I have a few ideas about this dimension so.... get ready to read...
Suggestion 1 - A new block to make the portal to this Dimension, it would be called "Wave Shard"
Suggestion 2 - No new enchantments? wrong, a new enchantment It will allow you to survive in the water dimension You must enchant a diamond helmet with the enchantment, its name should be "Water Diver" The Water Diver enchantment would allow you to survive in the special water in that dimension
Suggestion 3 - New water, special water it would have a more-see-through-than-regular-water tint to it, so it would be easy to see without having a buncha water particles in your face.
Suggestion 4: New Mobs - New mobs, justa few like....
1 - Sea Slitherer: This creature would be a large snake-like creature that would slither on the bottom of the sea, and wherever it would slither it would be harder to see because it would be kinda be kicking up muck from the sea floor. It would drop 1-3 Inc Sacs when killed and spawn on the bottom of the sea
2 - Water Waver: This would be the underwater version of the creeper, and the shark version of a creeper as well, it would be the shape of a shark and if you got to close to it for too long, it would start to flash white like a creeper does and it would charge forward with small explosions and it would die.
It would drop 1-6 gunpowder and it would be hard to get the powder because the water wavers would swim above underwater ravines mostly and they would spawn nearly everywhere
3 - Water Dogs: Same as dogs, they dislike Water Wavers however and are quite powerful.
They can be tamed using Lapis Luzili and they would spawn from sea caves and when killed they drop nothing, they look like fish dogs.
4 - Sea Doslither: Like the Sea Slitherer but with the head of a sea dog, and it looks more like a firey head of a sea dog, it drops fire, pure fire it spawns where the Sea Slitherer Spawns, but is as rare as a spider jockey... if sea dogs are nearby when you engage it they will attack you as well...
Suggestion 5: New crafting and details
To make the Wave Shard Blocks with being lapis and being a bucket of water.....
Would be a wave shard,
Suggestion 6: Misc
A weird thing would happen if you use a fishing rod in this dimension, what do you think it should be? post in comments...
There would also be new sea coral and stuff, well thats all I have right now I'm BEAT From typing so much, so I'm gonna take a rest, if you like this please click the green up arrow, this is my first time saying that so yeah....
-Randumite the gamer/Meme participater
Apr 27, 2012Randumite Here! Wondering what your going to do with Books and Quills!Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
I'M Personally Going to start my 4th Minecraft World, I like to think Minecraft is some kinda block planet and each side of that block is nearly endless, somehow. So I have A Zone 1, my main world. Zone 2, My Well...not very much played World... and Zone 3 my played-ish World.
But once I start Zone 4 I can keep a JOURNAL! With the books and all, so I'm looking forward to that!
But....What are you going to do with them? Use this thing below to state what your going to do...
What do you plan on using Book & Quills for?:
What will their uses in multiplayer be?:
Will you develop a secret code with symbols :P?:
Whatever I didn't miss:
I feel like a news reporter!
-Randumite the Gamer/Meme Participater
Apr 25, 2012Randumite Commenting Here!Posted in: Survival Mode
I like them and all but, I find it difficult to survive in them, Especially sense there isn't much food.
I like to save cows, so I can breed them and yet jungles make this impossible, there is no flat surface to make a mini-pasture, And I dont want to kill all of the cows, so I dont usually have food.
The giant heights and hard manuverablility make it easy to be killed at night.
When starting out the vines on a tree may not have grown so you cant make a good tree house.
The Random stone areas are the only helpful thing, considering free coal.
All in all, jungle biomes suck to spawn in when first playing a new world.
sure, its nice to find one when your home is in a different biome but...
Spawning in one at first isn't what its all cracked up to be.
Now they should make Jungle Biomes very RARE And have some type of temple or treasure in them....
Apr 25, 2012Hello! Randumite Here!Posted in: Survival Mode
I just wanna start be saying: All of you on here I bet are GREAT Minecrafters, perhaps better than me
But ever thought, you map was a little too dull? Well, I propose for you to tell me your BEST Minecraft Worlds! On Mine I have a giant cave as a home, its well organized because I have a storage Room.
I have a little island where I grow trees on to get wood, and I currently Slay Enderman most of the time, just so I can get the Enderpearls. I hope to amass a lot of them, so when I go cave exploring I can access area easily by teleporting to them with an Enderpearl.
Anyway I want you guys/gals to tell me what YOUR Minecrafter world is like!
I find it interesting not of my own world, as much as what OTHER People can do on THEY'RE Worlds!
Copy and paste this into your reply if you like being formal:
Current Item Stock:
How Many Everlasting Caves:
Details That I Might Care About:
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Sep 16, 2012Forged Swords:Posted in: Suggestions
My suggestion to the Minecraft world, is the ability to add a title and specific color customization to a sword.
The idea is to create and add another fun and exciting challenge for those who want to customize their sword. It doesn't upset any balance and is not mandatory to players who do not wish to do so, but provides the way to get that "perfect sword".
Forging your very own sword!
Name and color custom swords would be made with all 5 sword materials: wood, stone, iron, gold, and diamond, adding customization to every sword possible in the game, for even more blade color!
The color would be added through the use of dyes to the leather handle and cross-gaurd of the sword, as well as an inset gem to the pommel and cross-guard! An already crafted sword would be placed into the the Anvil, first put through with a dye, and then put through again with an inset gem.
Gems/metals to inset on the sword:
Nether Quartz = white
Iron = silver
Diamond = light cyan
Lapis Lazuli block = blue (block because Lapis is used for dye)
Ender Pearl = purple
Emerald = green
Glowstone dust = light yellow
Gold = gold
Blaze Rod = orange
Redstone dust = red
Obsidian = black
Dying the hilt:
Insetting the gem:
A fully colored sword (dyed hilt, inset gem) would have higher enchantability. This means that the normal enchant levels for that sword would bear a greater and more valuable enchant.
A forged sword would have greater durability than the sword of it's material counterpart.
Name Your Sword:
Since 1.4 the Anvil Block has been added. One of its main features is naming tools. Whether or not the whole idea was inspired by this thread, it is a huge triumph that the aspect of naming tools has found its way into Minecraft. You saw it here first folks!
For the name, you would simply use the Anvil and a bit of XP. This idea stays here because this suggestion existed before the Anvil even came out! Here is an image showing what hovering over the titled sword in the inventory might look like:
Dungeons - Legendary Swords!
Around 5 to 7 already enchanted, colored, and titled swords would become loot in dungeon chests. Much like records, these swords would become well known, and could differ with better or worse enchantments. To keep the balance however, finding one would be EXTREMELY RARE. Submitted ideas for these:
thisguy1045 - Ender: black hilt, purple gems, found with Sharpness and Knockback of any level
moochfloatjr - Blaze's Wrath: orange hilt, redstone gems, found with Fire Aspect I - III
moochfloatjr - Dungeonmaster: grey hilt, emerald gems, found with Smite I - II, Bane of Arthropods I - II
LegoMyLego27 - The Undead Destroyer: black hilt, quartz white gems, found with Smite II - IV
The_Miner_Nick - Harbinger of Wealth: orange hilt, diamond gems, found with Looting I - III
F1am3 - Suns Fury: orange hilt, glowstone gems, found with Fire Aspect I-II, Smite I - II
BioShock_Rules - Annihilator: red hilt, iron metal inset, found with Sharpness III-VI, Fire Aspect I-II
Flamedude166 - Flame's Might: red hilt, obsidian gem, found with Fire Aspect II, Knockback II, +1 enchant
NitrogenSnow - Hurricane: grey hilt, quartz white gem, found with Knockback IV, Smite II
Ampulugator - Slapstick: all brown, found with Unbreaking III, Knockback II, Sharpness I, low durability
Grave Robber: red hilt, obsidian gems, found with Looting I-III, Smite I-IVKholdstare's submissions:
Defiance: black hilt, iron metal inset, found with Sharpness I-IV, Fire Aspect I-II
Arachnophobia: gray hilt, redstone gems, found with Bane of Arthropods I-IV, Knockback I-II
BioHazard: black hilt, gold metal inset, found with Smite III-IV, Fire Aspect 0-II
Excaliber: blue hilt, gold metal inset, found with Sharpness II-IV
Earth: lime hilt, quartz white inset, found with Smite I-III, Bane of Arthropods I-III, Unbreaking III
Nether: red hilt, gold metal inset, found with Fire Aspect II, Unbreaking III
End: black hilt, obsidian gems, found with Sharpness V, Bane of Arthropods I, Smite I
Masamune: black hilt, gold metal inset, found with Sharpness II, Bane of Arthropods I-II, Smite I-II
Juggernaut: white hilt, iron metal inset, found with Unbreaking III.
Sanctumguard: white hilt, gold metal inset, found with Smite V
Inset Effects [Optional]:
Each inset item, described above, will give the end result of the sword a differed effect, depending on the item!
[Nether Quartz] +1 damage to Nether mob types
[Iron] +20 durability, -1 damage against Iron Golem
[Diamond] +30 durability
[Lapis Lazuli block] ???
[Ender Pearl] +1 health when using enderpearl, -1 damage against Enderman and Ender Dragon
[Emerald] 30% chance of Looting I
[Glowstone dust] ???
[Gold] +10 durability, -1 damage against Zombie Pigmen
[Blaze Rod] 10% chance of fire on each hit, -1 damage against Blaze
[Redstone dust] ???
[Obsidian] 30% chance of blocking any given attack
Achievement and Additional Kill Status [Optional]:
"To Forge A Sword" could be added to the achievements section, only completed after fully crafting (with colored hilt and inset gem), enchanting, and titling a sword.
Forged Swords come with a new kill status that simply states: [Name1] was slain by [Name2]'s sword [sword name].
Some other side notes:
- To those of you who say: "I wouldn't want to lose my great sword after creating it and smashing people to bits for such a long time!" Well, the solution is not creating new items or ideas that allow you to rebuild your sword (this becomes too overpowering in the long run), but using the Frame Block that was added in 1.4. Once your sword is on it's last straw, you simply stick it in a chest or frame to show it off as decoration. It has memories and stories with it; it is not wasted.
- This would be great for adventure maps! Quest for the Legendary Sword. Think of all the possibilities!
- Some of you (everyone) want more use for Lapis Lazuli. This helps out with that! Mostly Lapis Lazuli in real life is used for jewelry and such. Using Lapis for the hilt color and adding gems to a forged sword is a great use of it! It doesn't take much, but it is still put to good use!
The mod is out! Make sure to show that page some love, but give feedback here too!
You can check it out here: BladeCraft
Poll Stats: (10/13/14)
Should Forged Swords be added to Minecraft?
- 430 said Yes
- 23 said No
- 22 said The idea needs to be changed before it is added
Should Advanced Swords come with a new kill status that simply states: [Name1] was slain by [Name2]'s sword [sword name]?
- 34 said Yes
- 15 said No
[Removed, vote accepted as YES]
Should a series of small effects be placed on the sword that are determined by the inset gem? e.g: Bone inset gives +1 damage to undead.
- 125 said yes
- 29 said no
[Removed, vote accepted as YES]
CHANGE LOG! Check here for updates!!
-Made more fancy, bolded and underlined
-Added side notes
-Added poll on idea of swords, updated to include kill messages
-Added buffs/debuffs section
-Took out blade submission Dungeonmaster, due to the combo of Smite and Bane of Arthropods (impossible)
-Added change log
-Changed poll to simple kill status (original question was a vote of NO)- don't forget to vote!
-Added more swords
-Added "Achievement get!" style banner
-Removed buffs/debuffs due to complexity as of right now
-Added bit about Dinnerbone's Anvil GUI
-New highlights (mainly to bring pictures to the forefront), some changed bolds
-Changed crafting idea and images to the new anvil block - presented by Badprenup
-Added Dinnerbone's Anvil Block picture
-Added poll stats
-Added question about buffs/debuffs to poll - Don't forget to vote!
-Removed poll about kill status - a vote of YES
-Added kill status to thread
-Changed title to be congruent
-Officially changed idea of Advanced Swords to Forged Swords - check out the banner!
-Added bit about new upcoming mod
-Changed title to fit thread
-Modernized bits about 1.4
-Added concept image and progress to mod section
-Converted idea to add all 5 sword materials
-Added new edited images
-Added Community Update Section
-Updated Community Update Section
-Added Inset Effects idea
4/5/2013 - 5/11/13
-1.5 Nether Quartz traded out for bone inset
If you would like to show support, you can do that in a few different ways!
1. Feedback: Provide feedback on things you may want added to this idea! Taking any and all suggestions for consideration! Support if you like the idea, and if not, state why!
2. Go smash the rep button! !
3. Copy this banner into your signature!
Credit to those who helped form these ideas:
Aug 26, 2012SegFaulter posted a message on Ore generation Overhaul: Your very own Gold Mine! (or diamond mine, etc.)Hello all, I have begun to notice that ore generation seems bland. There are no regions rich in ores, and everything is random. I have an idea for an overhaul that would make finding large ore veins more ''fun'' and realistic, please take some of your time to read on.Posted in: Suggestions
This is the idea: ores that generate currently seem kinda bland. Using nodus XRay, you can see ores everywhere, in all directions (except up), all placed at random. My idea is where that ores generate more in certain regions where other ores are scarce, and other regions not rich in any ores have some of all ores in small veins here and there.
Here are some slices that I made representing ore generation currently and with my idea. Note that the ores are all more common than normal, to show the idea better in a smaller space. Not all ores are shown here, and the calculations may not be 100% correct, I did this with the RealWorld cursor editor in about 45 minutes (per image - you'll never believe how hard it was to make it appear right and seamless)
First slice, normal generation. All ores are randomly placed, and the chances of finding an ore-rich region is not likely:
As you can see, the placement of ores is completely random. You can find some gold here and there, and there's large coal veins throughout the slice.
Second slice - what my idea of ore generation would generate (note that this is only a sample showing 2 ore-rich regions):
(image for example purposes only. Ores concentrated to higher density, so that one can see the differences, as it would take too long to make a bigger slice)
As you can see, in the bottom-left corner, there's a lot of gold, but there's still space between veins. In the top-right corner, there are coal veins. But, ore generation in the rest of the area uses the same generation method as now, only slightly smaller densities.
Also, ore-rich areas would be large with a medium density, rather than small with a high density or small with a small density, for balance reasons (idea by Delbareth).
This would result in dense regions ("Lodes") surrounded with relatively empty space. This would remove the grinding aspects from mining, and make mining fun again. After a lode of a certain ore is discovered, the player can go there to get the ore they need, instead of strip-mining for hours when only one specific resource is required. It would be more interesting to spend time searching for a lode of ore and profiting from it, than strip-mining the world and ruining the landscape. This would also help for servers - people who find ore can sell the ore (or the area where it is found) for lots of profit.
Many people who have replied here have stated that they like the idea of ore-rich regions instead of the boring ol' clump-ore generator. Quotes from some supporters:
This would serve a pretty interesting purpose. Instead of just going "Walp, I'm going to dig and find some here and there." you would go "Hmm, there's been a slightly larger amount of iron around here. Maybe I should branch out from here, and see if this land is iron rich.
Nice idea. This makes mining both more realistic and fun. I definitely support this.
I like this idea. The essentially completely random nature of ore generation isn't really very interesting. The closest you can come to 'striking' any mineral is happening to find a deposit of 6 Diamond.
It would be nice if there could be a little more strategy to mining than going to a certain depth and flailing about until you accidentally find whatever you were looking for; perhaps varied rates per biome (i.e. Emeralds and Extreme Hills).
Cmon people, this idea seems nice, add a comment so more people can see this!
i always wanted a gold mine
Yes, not more ores but rich veins would add excitement. Who wouldn't be wowed by finding a pocket of 17 diamonds or 26 iron. This might be extremely rare, but still.
I like this Idea. This is a nice Idea
Good suggestion i really want this to happen
All in favor, say Aye! (or something like that)
Feb 20, 2013jde posted a message on UPDATED PIX: Gryphons (Balanced flight for Survival mode)ATTENTION TO SUPPORTERS: Please support us on Reddit. This may be our best chance of getting Mojang to notice Gryphons and have them added. Please click here, upvote, comment and help us get an active discussion going: http://www.reddit.co..._survival_mode/Posted in: Suggestions
(See below for more concept art. Above screenshot is photoshopped, not a mod. All art by Papertiger)
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a mod, nor a mod suggestion. This is a suggestion for Mojang to add to vanilla Minecraft.
Hello! I would like to share my ideas of how Gryphons might be a good addition to Minecraft. After deciding to post my suggestion here, I did a search and saw that there have been a few posts about Gryphons throughout the past few years. But they were quite different from what i had in mind, focused on a wide swath of mythical creatures, or mod/add-on related.
My hope is that others will share my vision for simple, balanced, non-immersion-breaking, Mojang-style Gryphons to be added to Minecraft in a future patch.
Here it goes:
A way I could see Gryphons fitting into the Minecraft universe is that in an "Extreme Hills" biome, you could find a nest either on top of a mountain, or on the side of a cliff. I imagine the nest would only be one or perhaps two blocks large and in the shape of an eagle's nest. In my opinion, the player would never see a wild adult Gryphon. The only chance they would have at seeing a Gryphon would be if they raised one themselves. Thus making them FAR more rare and special. Almost like finding diamonds. If the player were lucky enough to find one of these nests, and endured the journey to reach it, they would see an egg sitting in the middle of the nest.
The player would then follow these steps to hatch, raise, saddle and then ride their Gryphon:
- The player would take the egg from the nest and bring it back to their home/cave/castle/dwelling and place it on a block of dirt underneath a torch.
- The player would then have to wait a couple of in-game days.
- After a few days pass, a baby Gryphon would emerge.
- The player would then have to feed the baby Gryphon meat or fish once a day for a couple days.
- After a couple days of feeding, the baby Gryphon would grow into an adult, ready to be saddled.
- The player would then place a regular saddle, the type used on pigs, onto their newly raised Gryphon.
- Upon being saddled, the player's new Gryphon is ready to be mounted. But that doesn't mean the player can have unlimited, overpowered flight. No sir.
Just because the player has a Gryphon doesn't mean he or she is able to fly anywhere they want with no limitations. Far from it. This will be nothing like flying in creative mode. It will be a slight advantage over regular walking and jumping that the player will have earned.
- Instead of unlimited flight, like in creative mode, a Gryphon rider's flight would be slightly challenging yet still useful. Much like how boats function in Minecraft.
- In order to take off, and to stay in the air, the player would have to press their space bar for every flap of their Gryphon's wings. This means that the Gryphon, just like the player, is effected by the game's gravity. That way, it wouldn't feel like cheating. This may sounds difficult, but i think it would lead to a much more immersive Gryphon flying experience!
- Traveling via Gryphon would sometimes be slightly faster and more convenient than walking on foot, but in some cases it would also be a FAR worse alternative to walking. For example, trying to fly your Gryphon down into and through a cave would be a TERRIBLE idea.
If you have built a giant castle like my brother and I have, which i'm sure MANY of you have, then I have a feeling you'll understand why I think the best use for a Gryphon would be to quickly reach one of the top floors of your castle without having to climb all of it's inner stair cases and ramps.
But there would be many, many more uses, such as:
- Getting past mountains a little faster than on foot, and without the need to eat as much.
- Flying over lakes or rivers instead of having to swim.
- Safe late night traveling. That is, unless you get shot by a skeleton's arrow
- Being able to leave from the top floor of your castle or other large dwelling.
- FUN! Or atleast i think it would be.
The last thing I would ever want is to suggest an idea that would ruin the immersion of Minecraft. I believe this idea would be game fitting for Minecraft because of the wonderful animals Mojang has already put into the game. When I think of Gryphons in Minecraft, I can just picture an in-game Gryphon done in Mojang's wonderfully simple yet beautiful art style... All block-ish and colorful
No more than a boat would be. You would hardly be able to aim at someone with a bow, let alone actually hit them with an arrow from it. Hitting a player or mob with a sword would be even harder. In order to deal damage to anything, from bow or sword, you'd have to land your Gryphon and completely stop moving. At that point, you would actually become vulnerable due to lack of mobility (You cannot walk or run on a Gryphon, only fly. And take-off isn't instant, due to the need to flap your Gryphons wings.). This is not a mount intended for combat.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the giant wall of text.
I would like to thank Theriasis for their wonderful guide on how to post on the suggestion forum. I tried my best to follow their advice!
CONCEPT ART :
Click this spoiler for even more concept art and photos.
Dimninds!NOTE: This photo is an inside joke and purely for fun. We do NOT suggest that Gryphons should EVER shoot diamonds. Or dimninds. Click this spoiler to proceedRoostsSpecial thanks to Papertiger for all of the awesome concept art, avatars and signature banners!
You guys have given me many awesome suggestions so i decide to place the most game fitting and balanced ones here:
Disclaimer: I will try my best to describe your guys' ideas and list the names of the people who have suggested them. Let me know if i miss something!
Disclaimer II: This thread is rapidly gaining support and unfortunately i can't always keep track of who has suggested what. I'm most likely to miss some people who deserve credit, sorry. Let me know if i do!
0. HEALTH, HUNGER AND MORTALITY (pinballboy7, Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel, ErasmoGnome, IonicTiger): One of the most talked about suggestions. The idea that tamed Gryphons should have health, hunger and be killable by mobs, other players or enviromental conditions (lava, etc.). It has also been suggested that if your Gryphon gets hungry enough, it will bite/peck at you in frustration, buck you off if you attempt to mount it, or even go off and eat wild animals and/or livestock (pigs, chickens, sheep, cows).
1. Soaring (Papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, crazeenuthead): You should be able to hold down the space bar to make your Gryphon soar, once you have already achieved altitude and speed
2. Wild adult Gryphons in the sky (Papertiger, Paradox01010, zeel): You shoud sometimes be able to see wild Gryphons flying high up (out of reach) in the sky. Perhaps flying in the direction of where a nest and egg is. This would most likely be rare.
3. Walking (Kisdee, RobertFrans): Instead of strictly being able to fly and hop, a mounted Gryphon would be able to slowly walk on the land as well. It would be unable to move up and down blocks (like a pig), but you could just press spacebar to flap its wings in order to hop up to where ever you are trying to get.
4. Breeding (Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel): If you are lucky, and skilled enough, to obtain two Gryphon eggs, and now are the proud owner of two Gryphons, you should earn the right to breed them. Once Gryphons breed, they would lay one egg. It has also been suggested that tamed Gryphons can only breed during a full moon and that when bred in captivity, Gryphons need a "Brooding box" in which to lay their eggs. See Papertiger's brooding box concept art here
5. Gryphon melee attack (Paradox01010, zeel): Your Gryphon would be able to do damage and/or a knockback to enemies that you dive at with it. This would be hard, but if you were able to steer your Gryphon properly, you would inflict damage fairly.
6. A special way to take the egg (Moosemunchee, zeel, RobertFrans, IonicTiger, zapper990): The idea that the player shouldn't simply be able to punch the Gryphon egg until it breaks and then pick it up. Perhaps the player would have to use a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchant, a piston, minecart and rail, diamond pickaxe, shovel or something else. It has also been suggested that Gryphon nests and eggs should spawn only in the spring and despawn in the fall, meaning that you can never find them in the winter.
7. DOGFIGHTS! / Sky Jousting/ Sky Duels (bebe33, Papertiger, Paradox01010): It would be awesome, wouldn't it?
8. Visual roll while turning (bebe33): The idea that a Gryphon should roll slightly while turning, for visual effect. Much like how a bird rolls as it turns in real life.
9. Pitch (bebe33, zeel): The idea that you should be able to pitch your Gryphon up and down while flying. Pitching it downwards will increase your forward momentum. Pitching it upwards will increase altitude.
10. Thrust (zeel): The idea that you should be able to choose the level of thrust per wing flap based on your timing and space bar usage. (Half flaps, full thrust flaps, etc).
11. Wing angle and banking (zeel):Quote from zeel
Wing angle: Space bar controls flapping, the W A S D keys control the angle of the wings. W angles them down/forward, S andgles back, A and D angle them opposite each other (A: left down, right up. D: left up, right down). This causes role/banking, witch lets you turn, basically A and D let you turn. Flapping while holding one of the W A S D keys will cause thrust in that direction. With W flapping will thrust you forward (no keys basically only gives you upwards thrust), accelerating you. S will cause the flap to come forward, giving reverse thrust, to slow you down (or fly slightly in reverse when taking off). Flapping with A or D will tighten the turn.
Turning: I have already mentioned two ways to turn, but here is the in depth part. Holding W and looking will cause a very slow turn, holding A or D (whatever direction you wish to turn) will cause you to bank in that direction, this makes the turn much tighter. Using both turning methods at the same time is even better, and causes you to bank much more. If, once you have banked to the maximum level, then flap the wings you will turn drastically in that direction, though you will lose a lot more speed than you would in a normal turn.
See also zeel's ideas for flight mechanics
12. Armor! (zeel, papertiger, Droideka30, IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphons should be able to equip special Gryphon-only armor. There would be leather, iron, gold and diamond versions. The better the quality of the armor, the higher movement speed penalty the Gryphon would suffer due to the weight. It has been suggested that you only find these pieces of armor in Strongholds.
13. Inventory (papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, IonicTiger): The idea that you should be able to place an item similar to a saddle bag or pouch on your Gryphon's back that would act as a chest and the Gryphon's inventory. This may or may not be where you would equip Gryphon-only armor at.
14. Talon grab (SkarmorySilver, papertiger): The idea that your Gryphon should be able to grab things with it's talons on command while mounted. Possible things Gryphons could grab: mobs, players, items, blocks. To make it balanced, if your Gryphon did grab a mob or player, the mob or player would still be able to aim up and attack the Gryphon and/or it's rider. With this form of balance in mind, the player would be able to use it's Gryphon to drop mobs from great heights, inflicting falling damage. This would be at the risk of the Gryphon and the Player's health and well being, however.
15. The Spire (IonicTiger): Click here to view IonicTiger's idea for a Gryphon nest atop a spire:
What if the nest, instead of spawning on the side of a cliff, would spawn on a massive spire that, depending on the hight of the mountain it spawned on, would range any where from a mere twenty blocks high, or a staggering hundered blocks high, and wouldn't end until it reached a few blocks above cloud level, thus forcing you to fight the adult gryphon?
The spire would be a jagged piller of rock, twisted and craved by the wind, as it has stood for a millennium, awe inspiring by its sheer size.
The design of it would have to be carefully considered; if too thin in, it would look a bit... strange; I would prefer it to be at least 7 blocks by 7 blocks, but, players would be able to tunnel right under the tower (assuming that it was hollow), and build a dirt tower to come out right under the egg.
You could fill the inside of the spire with lava, but this would be massively off theme.
Possibly the easiest solution to this problem would be to have to tower made of obsidian, and it would not be hollow. You could tunnel under it, but it would be easier to just fight the mother.
Also, as a few pages back there was talk of gryphons, being the most noble of beasts, collecting treasure, why not have blocks of gold, diamond, and emerald embedded in the spire?
They (the aforermetioned valuable minerals) would randomly spawn in the outer most layer of the spire, but there would only be a maximum number of only six blocks spawning in a tower that could be a hundred blocks high, so even getting them would be a mighty challenge.
16. Lance and saddle mounted lance holder (firewave15): firewave15 has suggested that there should lances and saddle mounted lance holders that the player could use from Gryphon and also possibly Horse back. The saddle mounted lance holder would be required in order for the player to maintain control of his mount whilst using a lance. The lance would do damage based on the speed that your Gryphon is traveling upon the point of impact with an enemy. The lance would have a longer reach than a sword, making it ideal for mounted combat. But it would be useless for anything else. The mounted lance holder would most likely break after a set number of uses, perhaps 50.
17. Fear of fire (IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphon's should be afraid of fire, and will not fly within 5 blocks of any fire. This would add balance to PVP ground vs air combat, making players on the ground slightly more defended from Gryphon riders. Players on the ground would still be vulnerable to a Gryphon rider's bow and splash potions, however.
Quote from IonicTiger
It would prevent gryphon riders from totally dominating the battle-field, but would be small enough as to not render gryphon useless in PVP.
CALL TO ARMS... AND TWEETS... AND REDDITS!
I encourage all of our supporters and/or bannerlords to tweet @Dinnerbone and @Jeb_ so that they can become aware of Gryphons and perhaps add them in a future patch. It worked for the "Colored glass" suggestion. They tweeted and got noticed and now have a good shot at having their idea added. We can do it too, guys!
DON OUR BANNER!:
Copy and paste this into your signature:
I shall name all those who don our banner! (Let me know if i missed ya):
Papertiger, zeel, Droideka30, empoleon53098, Pinballboy7, Ram9bo, Withnothing, IonicTiger, EmeraldDragon225, SkarmorySilver, gugus294, Xweetok_II,
Sh4rp_Blade15, Minor107, xSatuim, Concerer82, Riggzon, Zbakkar_Herobrine,
Starhowl, Mobius762, shadowyblade, theorangecreeper, EpicGamer, Sylveon,
King_Of_Wolf, enderman_guy, Rex1900Roblox, BGgames, Euclid243, Techdolpihn
purebloodedgriffin, firewave15, zeuslightning125, Jetstream_Xeno
EDIT LOG: There are now some concept screenshots further on down this page in a recent post. Added a game breaking? section. Added amazing concept art, avatar and banner by Papertiger. Added a "Supporter Suggestions" section. Added a poll. Added "tweet and support us". Added banner info and bannerlords. Added more concept art inside of spoilers. Added call to arms... And tweets, replacing the old tweet section. Added a disclaimer about this not being a mod or mod suggestion, but rather a vanilla suggestion.
Apr 21, 2013Posted in: Minecraft RealmsHey guys, I'm MCKingCreeper, I have a Minecraft Realm and would love to share it with all of you! However, do to the capacity, and the fact that I'm sure Mojang doesn't want EVERYONE to have access to the feature. I can only accept a few players to test this feature out. If you fill out this following form with enough information, and enough dedication to this. I will invite you to my realm. Good luck!
- IGN: (In-game Name)
- Do you have Skype?: (Yes / No)
- Why you feel you should be invited:
Credits:Credit to CainFoool for the header image.MCKingCreeper for the realm. (Yeah, I put myself in the credits.)Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if any of you are feeling generous today!
All player who have been invited have 48 hours to test the feature out. Since invitation space is limited I will be cycling in and out players so that all eligible candidates have a chance to test out this feature.
Mar 25, 2013So, nice and simple. Redstone can be placed on the ground. Glowstone, however, cannot. So, why not make it able to? It would glow a little (maybe light level 8, a little more than 1/2 of glowstone, which is 15) and would connect to itself like redstone would.Posted in: Suggestions
Also, sticky Glowstone Dust. Simply combine your glowstone dust with a slimeball and it'll stick to walls and ceilings. It can still be used in making a Glowstone Block, so don't worry.
Why have this at all? Decoration, nothing more. Maybe a path in a cave? I don't know, be creative with it.
SUGGESTED TO THE SUGGESTION;
Dying it, with dyes. Make it red, green, blue, purple, white, whatever. Could help with pathways or something.
Nov 16, 2012I really like most of the idea.Posted in: Suggestions
Obtainable mossy stones -YES! But I would personally make the crafting recipe 2x2, just to make it cheaper. It's a lot of leaves for a single block.
As with the mob heads, Your idea is cool but I would like to see them as a drop too.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.