This is not the correct subforum.
- Registered Member
Member for 11 years
Last active Wed, Mar, 23 2016 17:13:59
- 0 Followers
- 19 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Mar 22, 2016Pumpkinbot posted a message on Strange "Slippery" Debuff Applied Randomly To My PlayerPosted in: Mods Discussion
Mar 19, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I can't get this to run. I installed 1.6.4, ran it once to make sure it worked, then ran the installer, put th resource pack in the correct folder, and ran the new profile.
This is what I get.
It insists the recourse pack isn't installed (or pack.png isn't there?) but I've opened it up, and it totally is. There's a pic of my resource pack folder, too, for proof that it's there.
Sep 24, 2015Posted in: WIP Mods
- This is a planned feature for tools. It is already in place for the next release, in a config option that will default to true. However, I will not be adding this feature for armor, as only leather strips would be strong enough to hold them together. If you need armor and are down on leather, I suggest you search for rabbits, you can use their hide to make leather. In a future release I will be adding a mob transport item much like the Safari Net from MFR or the Golden Lasso from ExtraUtils.
- Campfires only accept wood-based fuels. Coal and charcoal won't work. Don't forget that you also need to place your item to be cooked in the upper slot before you light the fire.
- Well that's an interesting bug. Since all of my testing of the knife crafting recipes were in the 2x2 inventory crafting grid, I have never encountered this. I will look into it. Does this occur with the single workbench (BB, not vanilla)? Also, which version of the mod are you using, 1.8 or 1.7.10? Odds are, this is probably happening in both versions, but that info might help narrow it down.
1) That's reassuring. Still a bit bummed that leather is still mandatory for armor, but I suppose it makes sense, and I won't need nearly as much leather.
2) Ah, well, I think I just screwed up. I was thinking of it more like a light source than a furnace.
3) I haven't tried the single workbench, as I usually craft both my workbenches at the same time. I was using 1.8 at the time, but I just switched to 1.7 for completely unrelated reasons. Once I get the game up and running, I'll test it.
Sep 24, 2015Posted in: WIP Mods
Been using this mod for a few days now, and I'm loving it! But I've come across a few bugs while I've been playing. The only other mods installed are Optifine and More Player Models.
1) Twine, string, etc. can NOT be used in place of leather strips while crafting. This is my biggest issue so far. It more or less forces me to make a cow farm, or if I'm not near cows when I spawn, I'm screwed. I like the idea of hostile mob drops that you can get anywhere (like string/silk from spiders) being used as a less efficient alternative to passive mob drops, which you can't get just anywhere. I can't even remember how many times I could find a single sheep for beds in a game. Sometimes, I'd just end up making a bed out of spider string. Same deal with cows, sometimes you just can't find them. Even worse, shearing sheep lets you get wool without killing them, but you have to kill cows to get leather, thus making it harder each and every time to get leather, forcing players to build a cow farm.
2) Campfires don't seem to work. I've put coal into the campfire, and tried using both a fire bow and flint & steel on it, but it just wouldn't light. I went through eight or so fire bows before giving up. I went through ten uses of my flint and steel, too. Am I missing something?
3) Using a knife to turn leather into strips, string into twine, etc. uses up the knife entirely when doing so from the double crafting bench, rather than from your inventory. Instead of just taking a chunk of durability, the knife is used up completely. Not much else to say.
There's also a suggestion I have regarding campfires. I'd love to use them as lighting, like in a fireplace, but you have to constantly refuel them. Maybe crafting, say, a campfire with blaze powder or netherrack creates a campfire that never goes out? Campfires lose their use well before you get access to the Nether, but you could always make these everburning campfires not be able to cook food. Then again, that brings up the problem of being able to tell apart everburning campfires and normal campfires at a glance without making it jarringly obvious. Maybe put a small block of netherrack in the middle of the campfire sticks?
Anyway, again, just want to tell you how much fun I've been having with this mod. c: I absolutely love it, and it works well, despite being a WIP. The lack of an early game has been a big problem for me with Minecraft, and all other mods that claim to fix it stray a bit too far from Minecraft's original feel for my liking. This mod is the perfect solution, and I await every update with baited breath.
Feb 26, 2015Yeah, I've read that, but I can't make heads or tails on how to do more complex stuff like this.Posted in: Resource Pack Help
If it was simply a 3 tile wide pattern I was trying to repeat, that's easy. But it's not just that. It's making sure only certain tiles ever meet at the sides.
Feb 24, 2015I've got a few cracked stone bricks here, and I want them to be made semi-randomly, but the blocks that wrap (all but 0.png) can only be used with another wrapping block at it's side, otherwise it'll look funny, with half of the block being pushed in, and the other half looking normal.Posted in: Resource Pack Help
So, if you think of the bricks as, say, CTM horizontal glass (one for the far left, one for the middle, one for the far right, and one for no other connections), 0.png is no connections, 1a.png and 1b.png are the far left, 2a.png and 2b.png are the far right, and 3a.png and 3b.png are in the middle, if the row of bricks are at least three long. If that makes any sense. How do I go about doing that in my properties file?
Also, what if a cracked stone brick is on a corner? How would that wrap, and how could I avoid making it look weird there? EDIT: I suppose I should elaborate on corner bricks looking "weird". The wrapping bricks around the bottom look like they connect at a corner into one brick. So, if a brick uses, say, one of the 2.pngs, then half the block will be un-broken on one corner. I'd have to set the face on that corner to 1a.png.
Feb 24, 2015I highly suggest using GraphicsGale for pixel art. MSPaint works, but Gale's got so many more tools for you. Customizable grids, 256 color palette, saving and loading palettes, multiple pictures at once...Posted in: Resource Pack Help
And if you do get it, transparency's cake, once you learn how to do it. Just click the "Selection by Color" tool (blue circle-mirror thing) and click your background color. Mosey on up to the "Image" tab with that color still selected, click "Make Alpha Channel", create from "Current Selection", source is whatever your image is, tick Invert, don't tick Antialias, and hit OK. Then you just have to go to File > Export, then hit "Option" and make sure "With Alpha Channel" is ticked. Then just hit OK and choose where you wanna put the pic. Sounds complicated, but it's much simpler once you have Gale in front of you.
I used to use MSPaint for pixel art a while back, and you certainly can use it to make stuff, but Gale just gives you so many more tools. I can't recommend it more.
Sep 22, 2014Pumpkinbot posted a message on Cubic Chunks: Reduced lag, infinite height, and more [The #1 Suggestion Thread of all time!][Updated! 6/14]Posted in: Suggestions
And that's the problem. With an infinite world height, there is no top block. If we set it to look to the highest block of all existing chunks on that Y axis, then, if we go higher and there's suddenly land again, then, suddenly, you're under shade or not getting rained on.
Sep 16, 2014Pumpkinbot posted a message on Please help, need very basic tutorial on how to install and run mods!!!!Posted in: Mods Discussion
If you have to post a thread about this, you didn't even try.
And no, there's no Forge out for 1.8 yet. Modding API is always a patch behind, so either make a 1.7 profile and use mods, but deal with not having banners and the like, or stay with the 1.8 profile and stay up to date, but deal with having no mods.
Sep 14, 2014Posted in: Mods Discussion
You know your keyboard has a backspace key, right?
I know, it's small beans, but...really?
Anyway, if you honestly did completely remove your Minecraft folder, you wouldn't be having any problems with Minecraft after reinstalling it. Delete your .minecraft folder completely. Don't save anything. Delete it all. Yes, even texture packs, you can re-download those. Then, go to the Minecraft site and re-download the game.
Sep 14, 2014Posted in: Mods DiscussionDO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITEHonestly, I feel this should go without saying, but I do know there's some people in the Minecraft community that need a big, obvious warning like this. You know what I mean.www.mcpatcher.net is a fake site claiming to be hosting MCPatcher. I didn't think it was odd at first, since many mods have their own download page. nd somehow the Engrish text didn't set off any alarms, either. And neither did the FAQ question that mentioned that it was a big file, despite MCPatcher, from what I remember, being relatively small and easy to install.So I stupidly downloaded it and installed it. Again, the lack of the patch icon didn't raise any red flags in my head and I am an idiot please hit me with bricks. Once MCPatcher was installed (which was only updated to 1.5) other programs began installing in the background. TrustedInstaller.exe, the process that Windows Vista uses to install programs, has been running nonstop. I've had a fake virus protection program pop up that immediately began to scan (something no virus scanner would ever do) and tell me I needed to buy the full version to get such-and-such viruses off, a common Trojan scam. There was some stupid IM program, IMinent, that added taskbars to Internet Explorer and Firefox, as well as changing their search engine to their own website (luckily I use Opera).There's been at least four other programs I've had to uninstall, and I'm watching my Windows Task Manager to end TrustedInstaller.exe as soon as it starts, and Avast! is also scanning, making sure it's not a virus that's installing all this stuff.So Mojang, Curse, guy that updated MCPatcher, someone please take this site down and throw bricks at the guy that runs it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.