I've restored the post for you. The spam filter can catch some innocent posts sometimes.
Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 10 days
Last active Sun, Jan, 24 2021 12:39:48
- 3 Followers
- 1,076 Total Posts
- 156 Thanks
Apr 22, 2020Pluto_ posted a message on I think the support forum needs an update in managementPosted in: Forum Discussion & Info
Normally multiple closely related topics in a thread is what we encourage. However, providing support is a whole different ballgame. Like I mentioned, providing support varies between the hardware, the problem, and so many more factors. What works for one person may not even be possible for another. Providing support to one person may just confuse the original poster. We simply ask that people create their own threads and we ask them nicely, it's not like we're throwing bans at people for posting for help on someone's thread. Again, this is all to prevent confusion especially for those that aren't super tech savvy.
Nov 4, 2013Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
Q: What are the forum rules and where can I find them?
A: You can find the forum rules here, or linked to at the top of every forum index. Not bothering to read them is no excuse for breaking them.
Q: What are the post ranks? Why am I a tree puncher? Why am I the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
A: Read about the post ranks here.
Q: How do I make a spoiler?
A: Like This:
Typing the above gives you this:Random text here!
You can also add titles! You can make a title like this:
Typing the above gives you this:Hi
Q: How do I change the title of my own thread?
A: Visit your thread and at the top right of your post select "Edit Thread" from the Tools drop down.
Q: How do I post an image or screenshot?
A: Upload the image to an image host (such as imgur) and then paste the BBCode provided by the image host. Alternatively use the image attachment option provided in the post editor, click "Insert/edit image" below the editor.
Q: How do I post a video?
A: Use the youtube or media BBCode.
Q: How do I delete my own post or thread?
A: Report the post asking for a mod to delete it. You won't receive a warning for reporting your own post.
Q: How do I lower my warning level?
A: Your warning level will decrease when your warnings expire, this typically happens after 30 days.
Q: I changed my avatar, but it still looks the same! Why?
A: Your browser cache still contains the old avatar. Try refreshing the page, or going to the direct URL for your uploaded avatar and hitting refresh.
Q: How do I become a moderator?
A: We're not currently accepting moderator applications but we will be in the very near future, keep an eye out!
Q: How do I change my avatar?
A: From your profile click Avatars.
Q: How do I upload/create my signature?
A: From your profile click Edit Profile and fill in the Signature box!
Q: How do I advertise on the Minecraft Forums and Magic Find?
A: You need to contact the Magic Find advertisement department here.
Q: How can I change my forum username?
A: Minecraft Forum nickname changes are only permitted once per user, please contact support to request a name change.
Q: How do I report something?
A: Click "Report" at the bottom of a post, then select a reason and provide any relevant information.
Q: I cannot see the videos on the home page anymore, all I see is a white space?
Aug 14, 2016Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
Are you sure you purchased Minecraft from the official Minecraft webtie (minecraft.net) and nowhere else? If so, you'll need to contact Mojang support and let them know what happened. Make sure to include as much information as possible such as the transaction ID.
- To post a comment, please login.
Jan 21, 2016Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info
General Rules (applies to all sections)
- Cracked and offline servers are not allowed.
- A server may only have 1 thread for each point of entry (i.e IP or domain). Hub servers with only 1 entry point can only use 1 thread.
- Server threads should only be posted by the server owner. Posting threads on the behalf of the owner is discouraged.
- Servers which have their threads deleted cannot be re-posted except by the server owner.
- Threads may be re-posted if there has been no activity on the thread for 30 days.
- Soliciting users to bump your thread is not allowed.
- Bumping is not permitted
- Server administrators are only permitted to reply to their thread when they are sharing major news, responding to an application, or engaging in conversation about the server with a player.
- Major news is defined as an infrequent change that affects all players and gameplay, for example the server is coming online after 24+ hours offline, or the server type is changing (e.g: from survival to creative). Frequent changes like events, plugins and milestones do not qualify as major news and must be edited into the opening post of the thread instead.
- Players may share their thoughts on why they like a server in the form of a review, and server administrators may encourage their players to post a review in the server's thread, however players must not be rewarded for these reviews -- a reward includes but is not limited to in-game currency, ranks and items. Players must not leave multiple reviews unless significant changes has occurred on the server which make the original review no longer applicable.
- Reviews about a server are permitted (whether positive or negative) as long as they do not call out or insult other users (whether forum members or not). We encourage constructive reviews, but will not remove posts if they are not in violation of our rules.
- Advertising or recruiting for services (commercial or not) is not allowed.
- Threads may only look for builders, staff, devs, and similar positions. Looking for players is not allowed. Threads may not just add they are looking for builders to post here.
- Threads must provide a means to apply for those positions. Simply stating 'join/apply the server' is not acceptable.
- Threads cannot ask for players as part of the thread. If a server wants to recruit players, create a thread in the PC Servers sub-section
- This section is for server recruiting, it is not for recruiting for teams or other sites.
- Do not post threads which are just 'here's my app'. If you want to apply for positions, find a thread to which interests you and apply there.
- Replies to threads must contain more than "pm me" or "add me".
- Asking for users to play before applying for staff is not permitted.
- Threads should be focused on recruitment, posts which are not specific to recruiting staff are not permitted. This includes generic server updates, as this should be done in a thread in the PC Servers section about the server.
Minecraft Server Hosting
- Support related posts are not allowed. Use the host's own support system or send them a private message.
- No host may post in the thread of any other host. Host-to-host conversation must be conducted via Private Messages.
- Hosts may offer giveaways in their thread, however the thread is not to be used for posting entries.
Aug 13, 2011Posted in: PC ServersServer IP: MC-Convicted.orgTeamSpeak 3: MC-Convicted.org
- Looking for a classic, nostalgic, bare-bones prison server? You've come to the right place! Convicted is the longest running prison server of all time, and has set precedents for numerous servers of its kind.
- Since our creation, we've stuck to the same, competitive gameplay. None of that saturated, OP-Prison garbage.
No coddling. No unfair play. Just pure, raw, competitive pvp. Enjoy your time in prison.
You've been sentenced to life in Penitentiary. The Prison runs on a currency called Behavior Points. With BP you can buy items, plots, cells, and a higher prison rank. Most items can be sold for BP, but how you get these items is up to you. Will you work in the mines or shank your cellmate? Will you befriend the guards or become notoroius?=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Use /rankup to pay the required amount and ascend to the next rank.Only the worst prisoners will be sent here. Hard labor and dark, murky conditions make this block abundant with illegal activity. As a result, Guards rarely patrol the area.Cost: 2,500 BPThe default rank of convicts. Mining and chopping wood are your basic moneymakers. Most people live here, so crime and violence are everywhere. The cost only applies if you are ranking up from D-Prisoner.Cost: 15,000 BPCongratulations on ascending from the lowest block. But to continue progressing through the ranks, more BP is needed. New mines, new cells, and less PvP make prison life easier.Cost: 35,000 BPFinally, your first taste or luxury! You may find that ranking up is easier from here on out. Some of the fastest moneymakers as well as minimal PvP make this block a great reward.Cost: 65,000 BPYou've made it! You are now the highest rank of prisoners. You have every sector at your fingertips and are highly respected by prisoners and staff. Four incredible ways to earn BP, month-long cells, and absolutely no PvP make this block the best in the prison. Freedom is only one step away!Cost: 100,000 BP
Through good behavior, you have finally earned your freedom. You are now free to roam the wilderness. Prison rules are not enforced here. Stealing from others is allowed, but griefing is not. You may come back to the prison at any time, but you must follow prison rules while inside.
Chain Armor Protection IICongratulations on being accepted! You must now prove yourself worthy to become a full guard. If you work hard, a promotion won't be far off.Chain Armor Protection IVYou are now a full-fledged Guard. Patrol the prison and make sure the rules are being enforced. Break fights, kill offenders, and confiscate contraband items. You also now have access to Block-B, and are invulnurable to hunger.Chain Armor Protection VIYour trust and loyalty has attained you the prestigious rank of Alpha Guard. Your powers are like that of a moderator; you have the ability to mute, kick, ban, and warp. Your recommendations now mean a lot to newer Guards. Your influence upon server decisions is greatly increased. The only rank left to attain is Warden.Wardens maintain the server. We regulate events, glitches, rules, and strive to keep the server at its best.
Breaking these may result in temporary confinement, but will not result in a ban
- Do not attack other prisoners/guards.
- A Guard will kill all who attack regardless of who started it.
- If you kill the guard, he won't attack you again unless you break another rule
- No Running to Non-PvP after a guard hits you
- Results in jail time
- No starting 5+ fights in a short timespan
- Results in demotion to Block-D (applies only to C's)
- Never be in possession of contraband items.
- A Guard will count down from 5.
- If you do not hand it over, the following will happen:
- In a PvP-Zone: The guard will attack
- In a Non-PvP Zone: Results in jail time
- If you throw your item to another player and not a guard, the guard will decide whether it was intentional or an accident. The following will happen based on the guard's decision:
- Intentional: The guard will attack you as if you didn't give the item. The guard will not attack the other player
- Accident: The guard will count down again for the other person
- Do not abuse PvP zones
- No camping outside any Non-PvP area to kill other users
- No hopping back and forth between PvP and Non-PvP while a Guard is counting
- No running into Non-PvP during a Guard fight
- Plots and warp signs are treated as Non-PvP zones
- All will result in Jail time
- Do not grief mines/other areas in which you can build
- Destroying saplings in Tree Farm:
- Results in jail time
- Placing Lava
- Results in jail time if used to grief
- Results in tempban if used to kill
Breaking these may result in a ban
- Do not use mods or hacks
- Do not spam the server
- Do not abuse glitches
- Do not advertise other servers
- Do not grief the Free Wilderness
- Do not sell items/BP for actual money
Think you have what it takes to guard? Follow these steps:
- Read the Guard Rules before applying.
- Fill out the application and post it below.
- Wait for it to be reviewed. Do not ask a Warden in-game, or it will automatically be denied.
- Within one week we will make the decision. If you are not promoted, consider your application denied and try again.
1) Username:2) Your age:3) How long have you been playing the server? (Minimum of 3 days)4) Have you read the Server, Prison, and Guard Rules?5) Any experience with the prison genre?6) What is your time zone?7) Why are you the best choice for guard? (1-2 paragraphs)8) Do you understand that nagging Wardens in-game to read your app will result in immediate decline?9) What is your current prison rank? Do you understand that we will require a screenshot of this when/if you retire from guard?
New guards are first set to the "Trainee" rank. A Trainee Guard is upgraded to full guard through a recommendation from an Alpha or Warden. Full Guards are upgraded to Alpha Guard through recommendations from Wardens only.
What to jail for:(Standard jail time is 10min) (5 sec countdown must be given)
- Refusal to give contraband (In Non-PvP Zone)
- Abuse of Non-PvP Zones (Includes plots)
- Griefing Mines, Tree Farm, etc.
- Running into Non-PvP during a guard fight (includes plots)
- Breaking a server rule (Alert a Warden afterwards)
- Logging off during PvP with a guard
- Trapping a guard in a plot
- Kill anyone that attacks you or another prisoner.
- If a prisoner is being attacked but does not fight back, do not kill the victim unless he/she fights.
- If a contraband item is seen, order the prisoner to give it over.
- If the prisoner does not comply, begin counting down from 5.
- After 5 seconds, you may do the following:
- PvP Zone: Attack the user
- Non-PvP Zone: Jail the user
- NO GRUDGES.
- If a prisoner kills you, you may not spawn, find him, and revenge kill him.
- To attack him, you must wait for the prisoner to attack you again.
- Put "Noakii" somewhere in your app or you will be denied.
- Non-PvP means a "clean slate" for prisoners
- If a prisoner hits you and runs into NON-PvP, you cannot attack them when they leave unless you sucessfully hit them before they entered.
- Do not jail users for more than 30 minutes.
- Only exception: Users breaking server rules
- All Guards MUST join the Guard Faction
- Ask an AlphaGuard for an invite
- Do not store Guard Kits.
- Guards abusing kits will be demoted or banned depending on the situation
- /kit guard
- Supplies a diamond sword
- /kit potion
- Supplies health potions
- /jail temp
- Jails the user. Brackets only designate a value that must be entered. Use "m" for minutes. (10m = 10 minutes)
What to mute for: (Standard Mute time is 30min) (Always give a warning, then mute if they continue)
What to ban for:
- Manual spam: Temp mute
- Auto spam: Perma mute or ban
- Harassment/chat fights
- Out-of-control chat fights, racism, etc.
- Includes links, minecraft servers, etc.
What to demote to D for:
- Abusing major glitches
- Ex: Duping
- Using mods or hacked clients
- PvP hacks, speed hacks, wall hacks, x-ray
- AlphaGuards are allowed to use the x-ray mod to catch x-rayers.
- 3+ jailable offenses within one hour
- (User is jailed and returns to break another prison rule- 3 times)
- 5+ fights in a short timespan
Use this form to appeal an unban
- /mail send
- Used to demote C's to D
- Demote a user after 3 jailable offenses in one hour
IGN:Current rank on the server:Reason you were banned:Warden/Alpha that issued your ban: (N/A if you don't know)Approximate time of ban: (Include time zone)Why you deserve to be unbanned:Any additional information:
Oct 25, 2011Markillion posted a message on Killion Detention Center - Largest and # 1 Prison Server [UPDATED: 1.7.4]We no longer use the MCF.Posted in: PC Servers
Sep 3, 2014A few weeks ago, I promised in mesh's topic that I would post photos of a trip to an abandoned prison by me. As promised, here they are! This is a humongous album, and it took a lot of camera batteries and time, so hopefully you like it!Posted in: Off topic, testing and misc. chat
I posted this on Reddit as well, so if you're subscribed to any of the urban exploration subreddits, you may have seen this already.
LOCATION HISTORY AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION: This is an abandoned female (it used to be all male up until the mid 80s) correctional facility in southern Michigan. The facility opened in 1861. In 1919, the original facility was demolished and a new one was built. While construction was going on, the prison land was a farm, and prisoners slept in tents. By 1930, the new maximum security facility was completed. It operated as a male facility up until 1979 when it was sold to the MDOC and then went into a transition period where it was converted into a female facility. The female facility continued to operate, and was slated to receive a ton of renovations and a 400 bed expansion. In 2004, after lots of budget cuts and consolidation, the facility was shut down. Despite being shut down, power remained on for many years after closure. From what I can gather, the power was shut down in mid 2010. Guard patrols continued through late 2013, and then ceased when another female facility that was about 1/4 of a mile away (shut down in May 2009) was demolished. This other facility was completely undisturbed, but was much more heavily patrolled than this facility, so entry was basically impossible. Back to the original subject, the prison was not emptied completely, and had lots of state-owned property still sitting inside. However, the prison was regularly maintained until 2010, and the floors were mopped and the grounds maintained every week (as you can tell by all of the mop heads and cleaning supplies lying around. The power and everything was kept on for so long because there were plans of converting this and the other female facility into federal prisons, but those plans fell through. Regardless, the facility has remained pretty undisturbed and is very much intact, considering it's been closed for nearly a decade (the last official operating day was December 20, 2004, and office staff moved out in January).
RECENT ACTIVITY AROUND THE PROPERTY: I haven't seen anything going on at this facility in years. While heading up there 2 weeks ago, a lawn maintenance crew was there, and they were cutting down trees and doing general grounds maintenance. While doing this, a number of entry points were boarded up and locked up tight. The staff building doors were unlocked, and apparently, they had the keys, so it's all locked up now. I'm not sure why they suddenly decided to go there and do this, but I have some suspicions.
OTHER STUFF: All photos were taken with a Canon PowerShot A490.
Jul 1, 2014Pilot posted a message on Opening up to allow other services to be requested and offeredI disagree with you.Posted in: "Servers" team
MCF is not meant to be a Bazaar. And these sections are basically a Bazaar.
Secondly, these sections would be a logstical nightmare. The reason scam reports regarding hosts aren't common (not common assuming your statement is correct) is because hosting takes a somewhat decent amount of knowledge and effort to set up to look legit, and hosting is (should be) a legitimate business. Making sections into a bazaar of random poeple paying for others' permissions files or similar stuff is too hard to manage, not to mention that this may be illegal to do because of tax. Also, we veryify hosts by calling them businesses. People who sell permissions files aren't going to make a business out of that, so how do we verify that someone is trusted and have the documentation to back that up? Therefore, there will most likely be an extremely higher scam rate than now if we let people sell things that are so easy to build. We can't verify if the reports are true either; it's much harder to check to see if your build wasn't built by that paid builder than it is to check if a host ran off with money.
Lastly, if we created sections that still dissallowed paid transactions but allowed people to post their services, the sections would be redundant to SA.
TL;DR These sections
- Are Logistically Impossible
- Would require too much administrator time
- Would include many posts that might be considered selling illegal services
- Would be full of flaming and whining
- Would be full of scams that would be very hard to identify as scams
- Would be too hard to separate: How do we know if someone is legit?
- Would be redundant if they didn't allow paid services
- Would probably be full of people ripping each other off
Feb 26, 2014I do want to leave a note here.Posted in: Administrators & Moderators
These things are serious. Joking around with it makes it feel to me that you all are brushing it off, and considering the same thing happens over and over means that either a) the admins are screwing up somewhere and it leaks down to you all and makes you all screw up and we have crap like this, or we are being ignored and everything we do is turned into joking around so the seriousness is lost.
This topic is not meant to be a mock topic. It is very serious. Please take what we say about where people have made mistakes and learn not to do those or understand why it happened. Yes, what Hug did was bad, but understand why and make sure you try to avoid it. We do not want things like this repeating, and it seems like it continues anyways.If you find issues with how anything works (admins, mods, rules, guidelines, anything), please bring it up. We want to make sure that there is as much communication as possible so that we can avoid issues like that or even things that some might not see.
Feb 12, 2014So this is really hard for me to do but I've decided I want to do it, so here goes.Posted in: Off topic, testing and misc. chat
I've been hiding my real self from most of you, and only now do I finally feel comfortable telling you who I really am, and actually show my face on the internet for the first time.
I'm not actually a girl. I'm a transgender male. I've been avoiding showing my face for the longest time because until I can get the gender realignment process, I didn't want to ever be associated with being a male.
But you guys are all my family, and I feel I can trust you all with the real me.
- To post a comment, please login.