- Registered Member
Member for 4 years and 4 days
Last active Sun, Feb, 16 2020 19:16:05
- 1 Follower
- 370 Total Posts
- 105 Thanks
Aug 12, 2019Platinum_Fox posted a message on Ice and Fire: Dragons in a Whole New Light! - Build 1.1.0 - 1.11.2 UpdatePosted in: Minecraft Mods
Apr 12, 2019Platinum_Fox posted a message on Ice and Fire: Dragons in a Whole New Light! - Build 1.1.0 - 1.11.2 UpdatePosted in: Minecraft Mods
Sep 17, 2018Platinum_Fox posted a message on [1.12.2][1.7.10] Galaxy Space [Addon for Galacticraft]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
1.12.2! thank you!!
Aug 9, 2018Platinum_Fox posted a message on Ice and Fire: Dragons in a Whole New Light! - Build 1.1.0 - 1.11.2 UpdatePosted in: Minecraft Mods
Jul 18, 2018Platinum_Fox posted a message on OptiFine HD (FPS Boost, Dynamic Lights, Shaders and much more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Im not doubting any mod makers skill in coding but sp614x specifically works on a mod that is mean to improve performance of the game for its users and azanor makes thaumcraft. Both are amazing mods but in this sense just referencing sp614x's great work, and saying that he should get hired to mojang.
Jul 17, 2018Platinum_Fox posted a message on OptiFine HD (FPS Boost, Dynamic Lights, Shaders and much more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
How long do you think it will take mojang to figure out that they should just hire you and pay you to optimize the game before release?
May 30, 2018Platinum_Fox posted a message on Realistic Terrain Generation (RTG) — Realistic Biomes, Huge Mountains, Custom Trees, Truly Flat Terrain, Breathtaking LandscapesPosted in: Minecraft Mods
What third party mod do you need? i used rtg a year or 2 ago and stopped using it bc i couldnt get bop stuff to spawn.
May 22, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
the "X" key should be the default key for going down, u can also look in your controls
May 18, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 15, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
(I didn't want to browse through 231 pages to see if this was answered already, so here it is)
Is there a way to see what gender a wild dragon is? I have The One Probe, but it doesn't show anything (although I have been having some rather strange issues with it not working correctly in Creative, which is the mode I am usually in).
I've tried with and without a probe to see, but nothing other than that I was looking at a dragon popped up (the models often go outside of the tooltip box as well, esp. with larger dragons. Not sure that there is anything you can do about that though).
Otherwise, this mod is excellent!
Also, are you planning on adding a typical Gryphon / Griffin (e.g. the cross between a lion and an eagle)?
And apparently Firefox thinks Gryphon should be Entryphone. Whatever that is.
as far as i know there is no way to tell wild male and femal dragons apart, just tame ones, and i do not believe they will be adding griffins as they are too similar to the hippogryphs
Jan 14, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
there is a model preview list on the discord server with even more mobs that will be coming out in the very distant future
Jan 14, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hi, I'm enjoying this mod, but I have several suggestions (none of these are, "Add ____ new creature" suggestions)
1. Improve the way fighting dragons works. Currently, the only way to be able to defeat any dragon above stage 2 is to build a huge pillar at a roost and shoot down or dig in from the top of a dragon cavern and shoot down, as if you attack by foot the dragon speeds towards you and picks you up, which effectively means you are dead no matter what armor you are wearing, and if you attack on a hippogryph it just shoots you with a magma shot from below and kills you instantly, and likely kills the hippogryph afterwards as well. However, if you use the method that does work, the dragon can't touch you and the fight is incredibly easy (Unless its an underground fight, where it can fly up and grab you, but this can be avoided by walking up nearby stairs). I think that the dragons should 1: Be slower on the ground, its not possible to survive one if it aggroes you and there's nothing the distract it, as you can't outrun it and it will grab you. They should definately be slower walkers. 2: Have a delay after it uses one of its attacks. This will allow you to actually use the swords that do bonus melee damage for something other the killing lesser dragons you spawn in with an egg in creative. This delay wouldn't be a delay between the time it can attack, but a delay in any movement at all. The bite attack, stream attack and tackle would not stop it from moving, but a tail hit, roar, grab or magma/ice shot would cause it to pause for a second. Wing blast would have a use delay, but would not halt movement 3. Make it possible, if difficult, to escape the grab attack. Currently, even in dragon scale armor, getting grabbed can put you at 2 hearts on average, and its completely unavoidable. I think that firstly, the dragon should only use the grab attack on players after a certain health threshold. Secondly, make the grab be escapeable by either hitting a weak spot or doing a lot of damage very quickly. 4. Make the arena for stage 4 and 5 dragons larger and more interesting. The arena for these guys is way too small, the stage 4 can cross it in 1 second and the stage 5 fills it completely. In addition, the arena is just a sphere that occasionally has chests in it. I think there should be spires, arches, and other structures inside the arena as well as some caves around the perimeter that allow you to dart through to avoid attacks. These caves should have several hazards such as magma blocks and lava to make them only be an emergency escape route though. Finally, I think when you fight a dragon in there, it is more like a boss fight then a normal fight, for example the dragon would stand in the center and shoot from there. They may occasionally charge out (not more slowly than the race car speed they have now) to use a grab attack, which is when the aforementioned caves would be used. In addition, they would not have cooldowns on there attacks (other than the grab) and would never be stopped from moving (this includes the grab, which after using they would move back to the center). This would make for a much more interesting battle. 5. and finally, make the eggs spawn inside the lair rather than be a drop from the big dragons. However, stealing these eggs while it is alive will allow it to use a guaranteed one-shot attack, which will be used almost immediately when you steal the egg, so you still have to kill it. However, this would allow the gorgan head to have a use other than a get-out-of-jail-free card, as you could use it to defeat the dragon and get the eggs.
2. Make it so you can craft fire and ice dragon bone arrows that have the same effect as the swords. They would be made by surrounding a dragon blood bottle with arrows, giving 8 of the respective arrow.
3. Give hippogryphs there own feather item. These hippogryph feather would be used in the dragon bone arrow recipe and would also act as a substitute for feathers in other recipes. If you want, you could make them required for use in hippogryph armor, however I don't think thats necessary.
4. Make it so villages can generate with a dragon attacking them. The village would be on fire (if a fire dragon) and have several damaged buildings, as well as a dragon. Defeating this dragon will result in you getting a reward from the villagers. There would also be the possibility to find an already taken village where a dragon resides with piled up gold and a few chests.
5. (NOTE: This one I think would probably be hard to code, so I'm not really asking you for this one, but if you can do it I would like it) Make dragons have an area registered as their territory. This would be a large swath of land around their roost, which is the land they will wander for prey and gold. If a dragon's territory overlap, they will hang around in that region until they encounter one another, in which case they will challenge eachother. They will not battle, but they will roar at one another. The smaller dragon will usually back down and the challenge territory plus a bit of the border between the two territories will be given to the larger dragon. If the dragons are the same size or the smaller dragon is stupid, they will initiate a battle, the loser dies and all of their territory is given to the winner. If you build in the dragon's territory, you should expect it to visit and eat livestock and possibly attack your base. It can be persuaded not to attack or kill livestock if there is gold or silver stacks outside the house that it can steal. If all of these stacks are inside the house or you have attempted to attack the dragon recently, it will 100% initiate an attack. Dragons underground will not participate in this system. In addition, this system only activates if the, "Prevent dragons from despawning" config option is enabled. In addition, the 10 nearest discovered dragons to the player within a 10000 block range will keep the chunks around them loaded in to allow them to go about their business, but dragons farther away than this will not have this activate so as to prevent 100s of dragons loading in chunks and lagging even the most powerful computer. If there are less than 10 dragons inside this 10000 block range, No addition dragons will be loaded. If a 500 block range around the player has no dragons for a long time, it will spawn one if the player is nearby, and the dragon will begin to look for gold to make a roost (if it find none, the roost will just spawn in. This will make the dragons a lot more interesting.
I think that at least some part of number 1 has to be implemented, as fighting dragons in a cool way is nigh impossible right now. 2-4 would be cool additional features that I don't think would be too hard to add, possibly excluding 4. 5 would be really really amazing to see, but I'm not counting on it.
I hope you read this and consider some of my ideas.
Love the idea about the Hippogryph feathers and the arrow recipes, there is a suggestions GitHub where you can make suggestions for the mod, if you have not done so i suggest you put it there as it is more likely to get read by the devs.
Jan 13, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.