- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 3 days
Last active Tue, Jun, 26 2012 17:53:14
- 0 Followers
- 216 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jun 3, 2012Odysseus posted a message on [1.6.4+] Adventure Lobbies | Play Adventure Maps With Friends for Free [FEATURED ON: The Shaft]Odysseus jnidrodPosted in: Maps Discussion
Mar 8, 2011Do you have a proposed solution? Or is it a hardware problem?Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Mar 8, 2011TBH I have absolutely no idea, but as I've said, there were no issues up to and until Beta 1.3Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Mar 8, 2011Doesn't work when I am or am not running the client. Also btw my rig is definitely built to be able to handle it.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Mar 8, 2011I'm getting the same issue, as is my friend. We coudl both host servers prior to 1.3 without issue, but now when anybody tries to join the CPU usage skyrockets. I know for a fact it isn't my anti-virus and this problem has not existed prior to 1.3Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Dec 23, 2010Odysseus posted a message on I think I found something "rare" right by my spawn...Just upload the level.dat and put an end to it.Posted in: Survival Mode
Post Eaten: V
Nov 27, 2010Odysseus posted a message on So apparently the embers of lava can catch people on fire..?Put glass sides on the edge of your walkways so you can still see the lava and get the effect, but water won't spill off if you need to use it.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Posts eaten: II
Nov 27, 2010I want to remove a mod, and stop having to reinstall it every time I want to play my save after an update, but I can't because the mod's blocks are there, and I have no idea where to find it. I want to replace every block from that mod with the ID 109 to air. Is it possible and what programs should I use?Posted in: Mods Discussion
Nov 26, 2010So let me see if I can get this in layman's terms..Posted in: Suggestions
A larger chunk size will make the game have to pull new chunks into the processing distance less often. Just as well there would be less files (Would that help lessen chunk errors?) So the game would overall run more quickly, not normally as you're processing the same number of blocks, but if you're moving the computer doesn't have to pull so many new chunks into memory so often because the chunks are fewer and farther between.
How does having a chunk size that's the square of an even number make a difference?
With larger chunks, chunk errors would be very, very disastrous.
Would it take less time to rewrite the files when saving and such?
Unrelated question, how many chunks in each direction are stored in memory right now?
Nov 23, 2010Posted in: SuggestionsQuote from muncher21 »
lets get to some game breaking aspects of this idea.
1. The fishing rod thing is unnecessary and so is the name tag. The pig should be tamed and kept from despawning when you saddle it.
2. helms are not necessary. they would work for horses but don't make a lick of sense on a pig.
3. diving gear- why would you pig go underwater ever?
4. Pig food- don't get the point of this..... seems very unnecesary
5 pig shoe and armour- wut? why is there gold in this? anyways look at the helm I could see this working for horses but not for pigs.
6 chests- works for horses but not pigs
7 flying pigs and pig spawner- no.
1. Fishing rod and nametag add a nice touch to it. Just because something is unnecessary doesn't mean it's not entirely fun.
2. Point is for armor, so you can take your pig into battle/keep him alive longer in case of skele attack. (Nothing wrong with that, though it is a bit unnecessary coding-wise.)
3. I'll give you that one.
4. Heal the pig...
5. Shoes that make a pig go faster does sound nice, thats what it's for. The armor, I'm not sure how well that would work on a pig. Also it may work well for a horse in real life, but this is Minecraft. It's better to choose the more fun option (IE: pig calvary rather than normal.)
6. How does this not work for pigs? Maybe not in real life, but this is Minecraft, and the suggestion does involve taming and riding pigs.
You seem to be hung up on the idea that it's a pig. Yes attatching a chest, helmet, metal shoes, etc to a pig make no sense in real life. But this isn't real life. In fact if I could do that in real life efficiently, I don't see a single reason not too. Having pigs do this would be fun, interesting, and original. Back to my original point, you seem to be hung up on the fact that they're pigs. I think while pigs would be cool, maybe they wouldn't be entirely necessary. Focus more on the suggestions as a whole (Ridable, tamable mob that you can take into battle/have as a companion and storage device) rather than a single part (pig)
- To post a comment, please login.