Congratulations to Builder1028 on joining the Warden Ranks on Prison Island hopefully you continue to be a valued staff member.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years
Last active Tue, May, 12 2020 20:46:42
- 0 Followers
- 1,507 Total Posts
- 103 Thanks
Jun 29, 2017Posted in: PC Servers
Alright I figured I would give you all an update on the progress that the server is making. The development crew has made significant strides towards completion of the main buildings for the new prison Island. This is big because it means we are even closer to being able to open the server and allow all of you to enjoy what we have built. After we finish building we still will have to do some work touching the prison up to make sure it is playable and looks nice for all of you to join.
We would also like to announce that Maaty_X has joined the development staff and is now helping us build the prison. In fact Maaty is one of the main reasons development has taken significant strides towards completion in the last few days. Maaty has done an excellent job working hard and we honestly would not be doing this well without him. Be sure to thank and congratulate Maaty for his hard work and addition to the development team.
May 17, 2017Posted in: PC Servers
I have some good news for everyone. We are still working on the server and we should have more time now that most of us no longer have school to contend with for a little bit. Also I have a Screenshot to share with you all just a few months later than promised.
#RIP Our Favorite Whale
- To post a comment, please login.
Jan 11, 2018Posted in: PC Servers
I have a complaint against builder and nosetouch, they are both meanys and one of them even nuked me, I feel abused and vindicated. I want swift justice brought to the both of them, if this doesn't happen then I will complain to the proper authorities.
Oct 13, 2017Posted in: PC Servers
On behalf of NinjaPwnz:
"Due to rising rates of drug abuse, and what looks to be a cartel forming in the wilderness, the prison is cracking down on drugs."
Our drug system has been updated.
Price of sugar has been reduced to 8 per, or 512 per stack.
The drug shop has been moved, and will continue to move, to different parts of the prison. The shops will always appear A Block and below, always in the prison, though courtyard etc are fair game.
If you find the drug shop, congrats, you are free to sell your drugs, but maybe you think drugs are bad, so do the staff, tell a Warden where the shop is, and show them, and you'll get 10k, and a thank you. The shop will be destroyed, and will not reappear for a minimum of 24 hours.
There will be no message on when the shop reappears, though it should take no longer than 48 hours.
It can appear anywhere, easter eggs, disc spots, entirely new crevices, or even spots it's already been.
(If anything was confusing, let NinjaPwnz know, and a new paragraph will pop up, explaining whatever it is doesn't make sense.)
(This is most likely a temporary change, though depending on player outlook, might become a feature)
Jul 1, 2017Posted in: PC Servers
I am pleased to inform you all that building on the server is now complete. The server has been updated and all the plugins are now being configured. We don't wish to give a date yet for launch but we are striving for a release before the end of the month. *fingers-crossed*
More details coming very soon...
Aug 13, 2011Posted in: PC ServersServer IP: MC-Convicted.orgTeamSpeak 3: MC-Convicted.org
- Looking for a classic, nostalgic, bare-bones prison server? You've come to the right place! Convicted is the longest running prison server of all time, and has set precedents for numerous servers of its kind.
- Since our creation, we've stuck to the same, competitive gameplay. None of that saturated, OP-Prison garbage.
No coddling. No unfair play. Just pure, raw, competitive pvp. Enjoy your time in prison.
You've been sentenced to life in Penitentiary. The Prison runs on a currency called Behavior Points. With BP you can buy items, plots, cells, and a higher prison rank. Most items can be sold for BP, but how you get these items is up to you. Will you work in the mines or shank your cellmate? Will you befriend the guards or become notoroius?=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Use /rankup to pay the required amount and ascend to the next rank.Only the worst prisoners will be sent here. Hard labor and dark, murky conditions make this block abundant with illegal activity. As a result, Guards rarely patrol the area.Cost: 2,500 BPThe default rank of convicts. Mining and chopping wood are your basic moneymakers. Most people live here, so crime and violence are everywhere. The cost only applies if you are ranking up from D-Prisoner.Cost: 15,000 BPCongratulations on ascending from the lowest block. But to continue progressing through the ranks, more BP is needed. New mines, new cells, and less PvP make prison life easier.Cost: 35,000 BPFinally, your first taste or luxury! You may find that ranking up is easier from here on out. Some of the fastest moneymakers as well as minimal PvP make this block a great reward.Cost: 65,000 BPYou've made it! You are now the highest rank of prisoners. You have every sector at your fingertips and are highly respected by prisoners and staff. Four incredible ways to earn BP, month-long cells, and absolutely no PvP make this block the best in the prison. Freedom is only one step away!Cost: 100,000 BP
Through good behavior, you have finally earned your freedom. You are now free to roam the wilderness. Prison rules are not enforced here. Stealing from others is allowed, but griefing is not. You may come back to the prison at any time, but you must follow prison rules while inside.
Chain Armor Protection IICongratulations on being accepted! You must now prove yourself worthy to become a full guard. If you work hard, a promotion won't be far off.Chain Armor Protection IVYou are now a full-fledged Guard. Patrol the prison and make sure the rules are being enforced. Break fights, kill offenders, and confiscate contraband items. You also now have access to Block-B, and are invulnurable to hunger.Chain Armor Protection VIYour trust and loyalty has attained you the prestigious rank of Alpha Guard. Your powers are like that of a moderator; you have the ability to mute, kick, ban, and warp. Your recommendations now mean a lot to newer Guards. Your influence upon server decisions is greatly increased. The only rank left to attain is Warden.Wardens maintain the server. We regulate events, glitches, rules, and strive to keep the server at its best.
Breaking these may result in temporary confinement, but will not result in a ban
- Do not attack other prisoners/guards.
- A Guard will kill all who attack regardless of who started it.
- If you kill the guard, he won't attack you again unless you break another rule
- No Running to Non-PvP after a guard hits you
- Results in jail time
- No starting 5+ fights in a short timespan
- Results in demotion to Block-D (applies only to C's)
- Never be in possession of contraband items.
- A Guard will count down from 5.
- If you do not hand it over, the following will happen:
- In a PvP-Zone: The guard will attack
- In a Non-PvP Zone: Results in jail time
- If you throw your item to another player and not a guard, the guard will decide whether it was intentional or an accident. The following will happen based on the guard's decision:
- Intentional: The guard will attack you as if you didn't give the item. The guard will not attack the other player
- Accident: The guard will count down again for the other person
- Do not abuse PvP zones
- No camping outside any Non-PvP area to kill other users
- No hopping back and forth between PvP and Non-PvP while a Guard is counting
- No running into Non-PvP during a Guard fight
- Plots and warp signs are treated as Non-PvP zones
- All will result in Jail time
- Do not grief mines/other areas in which you can build
- Destroying saplings in Tree Farm:
- Results in jail time
- Placing Lava
- Results in jail time if used to grief
- Results in tempban if used to kill
Breaking these may result in a ban
- Do not use mods or hacks
- Do not spam the server
- Do not abuse glitches
- Do not advertise other servers
- Do not grief the Free Wilderness
- Do not sell items/BP for actual money
Think you have what it takes to guard? Follow these steps:
- Read the Guard Rules before applying.
- Fill out the application and post it below.
- Wait for it to be reviewed. Do not ask a Warden in-game, or it will automatically be denied.
- Within one week we will make the decision. If you are not promoted, consider your application denied and try again.
1) Username:2) Your age:3) How long have you been playing the server? (Minimum of 3 days)4) Have you read the Server, Prison, and Guard Rules?5) Any experience with the prison genre?6) What is your time zone?7) Why are you the best choice for guard? (1-2 paragraphs)8) Do you understand that nagging Wardens in-game to read your app will result in immediate decline?9) What is your current prison rank? Do you understand that we will require a screenshot of this when/if you retire from guard?
New guards are first set to the "Trainee" rank. A Trainee Guard is upgraded to full guard through a recommendation from an Alpha or Warden. Full Guards are upgraded to Alpha Guard through recommendations from Wardens only.
What to jail for:(Standard jail time is 10min) (5 sec countdown must be given)
- Refusal to give contraband (In Non-PvP Zone)
- Abuse of Non-PvP Zones (Includes plots)
- Griefing Mines, Tree Farm, etc.
- Running into Non-PvP during a guard fight (includes plots)
- Breaking a server rule (Alert a Warden afterwards)
- Logging off during PvP with a guard
- Trapping a guard in a plot
- Kill anyone that attacks you or another prisoner.
- If a prisoner is being attacked but does not fight back, do not kill the victim unless he/she fights.
- If a contraband item is seen, order the prisoner to give it over.
- If the prisoner does not comply, begin counting down from 5.
- After 5 seconds, you may do the following:
- PvP Zone: Attack the user
- Non-PvP Zone: Jail the user
- NO GRUDGES.
- If a prisoner kills you, you may not spawn, find him, and revenge kill him.
- To attack him, you must wait for the prisoner to attack you again.
- Put "Noakii" somewhere in your app or you will be denied.
- Non-PvP means a "clean slate" for prisoners
- If a prisoner hits you and runs into NON-PvP, you cannot attack them when they leave unless you sucessfully hit them before they entered.
- Do not jail users for more than 30 minutes.
- Only exception: Users breaking server rules
- All Guards MUST join the Guard Faction
- Ask an AlphaGuard for an invite
- Do not store Guard Kits.
- Guards abusing kits will be demoted or banned depending on the situation
- /kit guard
- Supplies a diamond sword
- /kit potion
- Supplies health potions
- /jail temp
- Jails the user. Brackets only designate a value that must be entered. Use "m" for minutes. (10m = 10 minutes)
What to mute for: (Standard Mute time is 30min) (Always give a warning, then mute if they continue)
What to ban for:
- Manual spam: Temp mute
- Auto spam: Perma mute or ban
- Harassment/chat fights
- Out-of-control chat fights, racism, etc.
- Includes links, minecraft servers, etc.
What to demote to D for:
- Abusing major glitches
- Ex: Duping
- Using mods or hacked clients
- PvP hacks, speed hacks, wall hacks, x-ray
- AlphaGuards are allowed to use the x-ray mod to catch x-rayers.
- 3+ jailable offenses within one hour
- (User is jailed and returns to break another prison rule- 3 times)
- 5+ fights in a short timespan
Use this form to appeal an unban
- /mail send
- Used to demote C's to D
- Demote a user after 3 jailable offenses in one hour
IGN:Current rank on the server:Reason you were banned:Warden/Alpha that issued your ban: (N/A if you don't know)Approximate time of ban: (Include time zone)Why you deserve to be unbanned:Any additional information:
Oct 10, 2016Posted in: PC Servers
Hi guys and girls,
I've not posted in a while and I feel I owe you all some information. First off though I'd like to thank you all for your continued interest and support in Prison Island. It's greatly appreciated. Secondly I'd like to thank NoseTouch for continuing to answer your questions.
Prison Island went down in October with the intention of redeveloping the server to improve it. To cut a very long story short we suffered issues, as prior arrangements made before the server closed for redevelopment fell through. This resulted in a lot of wasted time and a lot of lost work. Since then we have been working whenever possible on the server. This has proven difficult with each and every staff already having commitments outside of Minecraft including but not limited to education, work and family life.
Many users have contributed to the redevelopment of Prison Island. Not all have been given staff positions and some have left the development team. Regardless of this we appreciate all the hard work they put in and they will receive credit where due for their contributions. The staff team which has been solidified so far is as follows:
- SKP4472 (aka SKP) - Developer
- Shananium (aka Shan) - Head of Staff
- NoseTouch (aka Nose) - Warden
- hamann10 (aka Ham) - Warden
- NinjaPwnz (aka Ninja) - Architect
Note: Titles of wardens are not set in stone as of yet
The prison will consist of five prison blocks (as opposed to the usual four): D, C, B, A and Elite. These will reside on their own individual islands which all stem off from the new Central Island. Central Island consists of a huge foyer, bank and various other functions.
All accounts will be completely wiped. You will not have anything from the original server. The server is also built on an entirely new map so any stuff you had hidden in the wilderness won't exist.
It is hoped that guards will have classes with different abilities and equipment to help balance PvP.
Plots will continue to exist but will operate differently than before. More details on this will be released later.
Some quests from the original server will make a return with new ones being created after launch.
The bounty list will not be returning due to multiple forms of abusing the system.
References/Easter eggs will exist on the server - it will be up to you to find them all
D block will have no PvP to combat the issue of new players being killed when they join the server and later rage quitting. If new players wish to PvP they can go to Central Island to PvP.
Donation packages have not yet been decided upon however those who donated to the original server will be compensated in-game and receive the highest package we offer once made available. These packages WILL NOT be made available immediately on launch.
I hope this has answered a lot of your questions. If you have any questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to ask us here on the forums. We hope to open the server as soon as possible and welcome old and new players alike to a new server.
- To post a comment, please login.