What’s the most important rule?: To respect everyone and behave intelligently.
Why are they coming to Akavail and its portion of Bide (if not born there)?/What do they hope to do?:
Matthew is a half-elf hunter with an itch to explore the world. He is just wandering aimlessly to simply learn; history, various skills, and just about anything that might be out there to learn. He would come to Bide by pure chance, stumbling upon the area during his travels. When he gets there he’s going to do whatever seems best; likely take on a few odd jobs and stick around for a short while to learn the history of this place and whatever else he can.
If any, list and explain all combative abilities:
Matthew was raised by his uncle to become a hunter, and naturally that’d mean he’d learn archery and basic sword fighting. Though, his sword fighting skills aren’t perfect as they’re normally towards creatures rather than other humans.
If any, list and explain all non-combative abilities:
As a hunter Matthew became skilled at several relevant skills; Skinning and gutting, tracking, and horse riding. He knows how to train and handle horses and a few other animals, including dogs for hunting. Along with this, he also learnt cooking, though, he is far from a professional, basic sewing, and simple first aid from his mother.
During his travels he also discovered a natural affinity to water-based magic. With concentration and a few small movements, he is able to make liquid move. Of course, he is still no better than a beginner- if not worse. At this point he’s able to do little more than move a glass worth of water. It wouldn’t be useful for anything more than a party trick or to annoy someone by splashing it in their face.
[ I can remove the water magic if needed! Just saw that a few others have been accepted with magic so I thought I'd try my chances and try to have a small thing for fun ^^ ]
Imagine all the things that can hurt/kill a standard human. Is there anything that your character is immune (or reduced effect) to that would normally affect a human? If so, to balance, what sort situation(s) could hurt/kill your character that normally wouldn't hurt a standard human? (Note: the kryptonite weakness, i.e, a situation/item that is rare or normally not on a person or found in the surrounding area even if it completely nullifies you is not balanced enough.)
Matthew is a rather normal person, if not just pointy-eared, and has no special strengths or weaknesses.
Like Rosy I’ve been accustomed to a more book-like approach in roleplays. I’m willing to change as well if necessary! Also I have shortened Matthew's name for the RP scenario,
-Out in the wild, you come across an overly protective miner camping outside a cave entrance. He starts throwing rocks at you, barking at you to leave. At this instance, a person can be faintly seen coming out of the cave entrance. Diffuse the situation, and take it from there.
- Matt: Matt quirked an eyebrow as a rock flew past him, flinching as one of the rocks hit his arm and the yelling started. “Hey, just a passerby, there’s no need to yell at me!“ he yelled at him.
- Miner: The miner just threw another rock at Matt. “Well git on then, pointy!“
- Matt: "Pointy? Wow, how creative!" he said sarcastically, clearly amused.
- Miner: The miner stood up, not happy with Matt's sarcasm. "You better get going before ya' regret that comment."
- Matt: Matt rolled his eyes before spotting the person coming out in the corner of his eyes. “Fine fine you brash jerk.” he turned back to the road.
- Miner: The miner scowled. "Yeah, ya better run!" he barked.
- Matt: Just did a small wave over towards the cave entrance as he walked. “I am, though, I think you’d like to know someone just came out though!” he called out.
- Miner: The miner narrowed his eyes at Matt before turning to look. “What- hey!” attention now on the new figure he left Matt alone to chase after this other figure.
- Matt: Matt continue on his way as the miner stopped bothering him.
-A player who is RP’ing as a newspaper reporter is questioning a crowd about the recent monster attack in the area. Another player who plays a notorious street thug starts harassing the reporter for money. Interact with them.
- Matt: Matt would stare in confusion as the reporter started to get harassed. He would step forward from the crowd, but out of distance for any attacks. “Are you really going to do this?”
- Thug: The thug pulled his attention away to keep an eye on Matt, turning his knife to him. “What, is there a problem? Are you going to try and stop me?”
- Matt: Matt stood his ground and stared at the thug. “No, I’m not a guard.“ he put emphasis on the word guard, glanced to the surrounding crowd. “I would like to criticize you for doing this in public though, are you an idiot?”
- Thug: The thug scowled at Matt's comment, stepping forward. “You really think you can call me an idiot? You want to be on the ground, lil' elf?”
- Matt: Matt took a step backward at that, hand moving to the hilt of his sword. “I call it how I see it. Thieves mug in back alleys and not in front of a crowd for a reason.”
- Thug: “Why you little..." he ran forward towards Matt, thrusting the knife at him as he got closer.
- Matt: Being at an ample distance and easily being able to predict this would have time to pull out his sword and point it to the thug in an attempt to keep him away.
- Thug: The thug stopped as he saw the sword and spotted approaching guards. He took one last second to scowl and spit at Matt before dashing off.
- Matt: Matt just let out a sigh, glancing to the reporter. He gave a small nod to them, turning and starting to walk off.