In trying to rebuild my enchanted gear, this is the series of steps I took:
- Hmm, I don't have many books ready-made. I'll have to get some leather.
- Mothoc's base has a bunch of cows, I'll go there and harvest leather from them.
- Okay, now I have some leather and paper. I can make some books.
- I'll use Mothoc's enchanting table that's right here to enchant my new books.
- Oh, I've just run out of XP for level 3 enchanments. Let me look under his base for a spawner.
- Here's an undiscovered spider spawner.
- Dig out a large hole so that the spiders take damage when they drop after spawning.
- Line the edges of the hole with flowing water so they can't climb back up.
- Connect the spider spawner directly to the safe netherpaths so I can get to it without having to navigate all the caves.
- Bring in bookshelves and an enchanting table so that I can enchant right there.
All of this instead of these steps I *could* have taken instead:
- Find two cows and bring them to my base.
- Breed them into a herd.