So I have found an issue with this mod. I noticed that the ghost blocks (ID: 1276) will allow mobs to spawn inside of them. It seems that it only happens with blocks that light can't go through, like dirt and stone. Glass is not affected by this. I am using SecretRoomsMod version 4.6.0. and I am using with the Big Dig Pack which I am on version 1.3.9 of Big Dig. I know that mobs are spawning inside of ghost blocks because I have the mod called Monster Spawn Highlighter, and it highlights blocks blue if mobs can spawn there. I will post some pictures below.
I'm inside of the ghost block using the Monster Spawn Highlighter, and sorry I don't know how to use spoilers, I tried but they wouldn't work.
- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 5 months, and 14 days
Last active Tue, Mar, 24 2015 15:39:08
- 0 Followers
- 13 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jan 10, 2014Kyle41 posted a message on [v4.7.1-BETA] SecretRoomsMod - Malsis Doors Compat!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sep 25, 2011Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from Someguyfromcrowd
I made a tower that stretches from sea level to sky and contains 1142 wheat plots. A lever opened pistons that released water to wash it all down to the bottom.
It killed the server.
Now I make things on a smaller scale
LOL! That's F'ing awesome! I love automatic wheat farms, and I have always had an interest in them. I'm not sure why though...
Sep 25, 2011First of all, no offense or anything, but you room mate must either have a really old computer, or a very shitty one (Mainly a Dell, and vista makes it even worse)to not be able to run Minecraft. Anyways, I shall try my best to help, even though I'm no expert, but I do have some experience with computers.Posted in: Legacy Support
EDIT: I do know that sometimes the game lags because of the code being poorly written, or it's still unstable/buggy. This happened with me on the 1.8 release, however, a stable build like 1.8.1 shouldn't lag too bad if at all.
1. Turn the graphics settings down. Turn Fancy to Fast and the Rendering down. Also turning off smooth lighting could help.
2. If he is using a texture pack, try the normal texture and then the texture pack. Compare those results and if it's lagging because of the pack, you'll know.
3. Make sure he has no other programs running at the same time.
4. Try running a tune up program such as this --> Advanced System Care 4
5. This program will shut down background processes, and clear your ram, to speed up the game --> Game Booster 3
6. Make sure the computer doesn't get really hot, really fast. That could mean the fan(s) or heat sinks are not working properly, or are clogged with dust/crap. Then you would need repairs (not fun) or just clean it.
There is more you could do, but if those steps don't work, then tell your room mate to buy a new computer!
Sep 25, 2011Posted in: General GamingQuote from Brut_Man
They all do except Battlefield.
Are you kidding me? I don't know if you think COD is better, but if you honestly think that MW3 is better than Battlefield 3, then you need to be shot. Battlefield is better in EVERY way! The only feature that Battlefield can't compete with is zombies and that's because Battlefield doesn't have a zombie game type! (Not to mention zombies aren't realistic, but then again COD is the most unrealistic game out there..)
I would also like to point out that for its time period, the Halo series is probably more realistic than COD. Maybe The Flood (zombies in halo) aren't realistic, and most people agree aliens aren't real, but still the technology and game play in Halo are actually very realistic compared to COD.
Battlefield will rise! COD will fall!
Sep 13, 2011I never did like mmorpgs. I played RuneScape a loooooooooong time ago (I think I was in 5th or 6th grade) but I realized that game sucked and I only played it because my friends played it. I tried WoW once, and honestly, I thought it sucked. The game just was not my cup of tea. Others may like it, but I will never like WoW, and I won't waste my money on it. Instead, I play Minecraft and paid only $20 and I get to play online for free!Posted in: General Gaming
Sep 13, 2011Well out of that list I would say Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Unfortunately, like most of the world, you do not know what the good games actually are on Xbox are so your list fails and sucks giant penis. Anyways, the best 360 games in my opinion are Battlefield 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, however, those have not been released so only theories exist if those games are good or not.Posted in: General Gaming
That being said, I would say the best games that have been released are, in no particular order:
Halo 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands, Assassins Creed Series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption (I like GTA on a horse better), and NBA 2k12 (You football fanboys can argue, but EA sucks at making sports games compared to 2k)
Well that would be my list, and once it comes out, I'm sure Minecraft for 360 will be on that list.
Sep 12, 2011Posted in: General GamingQuote from dbl243
:sleep.gif: you are EXTREMELY stupid! Not because ima CoD fanboy because i like BF better than CoD (dont hate me) but because you posted this. Are you TRYING to start a fanboy war??? What is the point of this topic???
Relax man, I'm just want to talk about battlefield. I think battlefield is better than cod, then that's my opinion. You don't have to freak out about it. If you like cod then that's great. I'm just saying what I like. The point of this thread is to talk about battlefield, but obviously your not a battlefield fan so this probably isn't the right place for you.
Also try reading the first sentence. It cleary explains battlefield is better in my opinion.
Sep 12, 2011Battlefield 3 is coming out on October 25th!Posted in: General Gaming
This topic goes over the main features of the game, and if you not sure about buying this game, read the topic to see what you think!
(Btw, the BF3>MW3 is just a joke, I'm sure both games will be good)
Hey Battlefield fans!
I'm a huge Battlefield fan and I was just wondering what you guys thought of Battlefield 3! Personally, I think it looks great, especially the new graphics engine, Frostbite 2. Generally the gameplay from trailers looks really good, except I'm afraid that people will vehicle ***** with the jets, but I guess you can never get rid of vehicle whores...
Anyways, I'm going to list out some new features and I'll put up pictures and link a few videos. Also, anything I put here is not 100% guaranteed to be in the game, I'm just saying what I have seen in videos or read.
- New graphics engine, Frostbite 2 (Great video explaining it -->
- New Campaign which will take place on the Iraq-Iran border and you will place as US Marines fighting a made up militant group called the People's Liberation and Resistance (PLR). Not much is known about the PLR yet.
- Co op Campaign. This will only be available over online and NOT split screen, which split screen was shown on a demo of Battlefield 3 by Dice, however they have decided to remove that feature.
- Multiplayer (Of course!) There will be 5 game modes as of now. These game modes are Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch.
- New Classes! Assault, Support, Engineer, and Recon.
Here's the layout:
- Will become the new medic class
- Players will have option to pick between defibrillators and a grenade launcher.
- This class will not carry ammo boxes like BFBC2, but instead will carry what I call health boxes.
- A combination of the medic and assault classes of BFBC2.
- This class will use LMGs like a medic from BFBC2.
- They will also carry ammo boxes instead of health boxes.
- A new suppressive feature is going to be available which allows the player to blind and pin down enemies with non-stop fire from their LMGs.
- Not much new is known about this class, but most assume it remain the same from BFBC2.
- Again, nothing new is really known.
- Dice has talked about making the Recon class more team oriented since it is very much a lone wolf class.
Last Feature -
- The person who creates the squad will become the squad leader.
- The squad leader is important because now other squadmates can only respawn on the squad leader and NOT each other.
- This is a big change from the Bad Company Series, however I do know this feature was implemented in Battlefield 2, but I never played that game so I'm not sure how it worked.
- The squad leader will be able to respawn on anyone in the squad.
- It is unknown if special markings will distinguish the squad leader.
Well that is basically most of the features! I'm not going to list out every gun that will be released, but I hope that was a good overview. If anyone has any comments, new features they found, or just have a neat experience on the battlefield, feel free to post away! I will put pictures and videos of the game below!
A desert area from the campaign
Blowing up a building
In some random town
Riding a on top of a tank
Google search Battlefield 3 if you want to see more!
Sep 12, 2011Since the first day I bought minecraft, I have always LOVED farming. I don't know why and my friends wonder why too, but farming is my favorite part of minecraft. So, without further wait.... I will create a Plantation! Within this plantation, I will have huge fields of watermelon, pumpkins, sugarcane, and cactus. I will also create a massive automatic wheat farm and start making a barnyard (The barn will be made of solid gold) for all my animals I will have once 1.9 comes out. Then I will make my Tower of Farming in the middle so I can look over my never ending fields. After all of that, I will go to the nearest village, steal all of their cookies, and send in my army of barn animals to pillage!Posted in: 1.8 Update Discussion
After that.... Hmmmm, I'm not sure!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.