- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 6 months, and 1 day
Last active Sun, Sep, 29 2019 17:24:24
- 0 Followers
- 198 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Nov 20, 2011Kratospie posted a message on Strange floating thingy in The End, updated with a vid!They may be talking about this thing;Posted in: Discussion
It's on the Wiki.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jun 12, 2014Posted in: Discussion
Report you for illegally acquiering money through someone else's property. They have control over the Minecraft copy you base your server off of.Quote from Marcus101RR
Reporting me for what? Running my server the way I want to run it? Mojang has no control over anyone's server. End of story.
Jan 13, 2014Anwawesome posted a message on [ANY VERSION!] Blank Building Map! Perfect for any project! Unbelievable FPS!Can't people just use the "Superflat" option?Posted in: Maps
Apr 1, 2012Galactic_Muffin posted a message on Colored Light! (originally the 'Colored Glass!' topic)NEWS:------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted in: Suggestions
HUGE NEWS!it's been a year and a half of supporting and discussing this suggestion, it no longer is a suggestion that i can claim as mine for it is an idea that was molded and cared for by so many people, this suggestion is an idea that belongs to the community and because of your help for the past year and a half, we have finally made a breakthrough...
Guys, WE DID IT!
Mojang officially released a screenshot (https://mojang.com/2...napshot-13w41a/) showing colored glass implemented and fixes on the transparency issues they were having before. I can say with confidence that if it weren't for all your support for this topic, there's a good chance that colred glass wouldnt have even been included in this snapshot. For that you guys can be proud to be apart of something big, something that could change the way Minecraft feels forever. Thank you for all your support! And thank you Mojang for putting up with us and taking the time to implement our suggestion! :3Topic:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, its not over yet, with the addition of colored glass, there is so much more we can do with it. Adding colored glass could be the beginning of big additions such as colored light in the future; So i will be changing the title of this topic to Colored Light!
Due to this topics' popularity I want this topic to act as an outlet for the communities' ideas and opinions on the topic of colored glass and its implementations in the future. So everyone, let us move on to the next step of our suggestion topic and help make a difference!
"So, I was mining today and stumbled upon beautiful natural glowing crystals in an underground ravine!"
"...Then I investigated a red glow I could see creeping through a tunnel shaft and found myself in the middle of a zombie hive! o__O"
Well, those are some of the things we could be saying if colored glass and colored light were added to MC!
(images above are not real screenshots. They were Photoshopped by me to show what MC could be like if this topic's proposals were implemented)
[NOTE]Colored light and glass is something I believe all minecrafters should be able to enjoy with each other without the midleman or knowledge of mod installing. So for that reason, this suggestion is directed towards vanilla. We do however welcome mods here since it's said that "Colored light isn't possible." -_^
Here is how it could work:
Color Glass Blocks & Changing The Color of Light
Colored Glass and Colored Light are features I have wanted to see in Minecraft for some time. I wanted to see these features implemented so bad that I have come up with some ways it could be used in the game; it would greatly increase building potential and the ability for a player to customize an atmosphere by modifying the color of light. Based on my knowledge working in the game industry as an indiegame digital artist, I know that the impact something like colored glass and light would have on minecraft would be more important than most people know. In fact, it may even be safe to say that even Mojang underestimates the aesthetic importance of colored light and being able to manipulate it.
Here is a little diagram that briefly explains my proposition:
Here is a colored light mod that CptSpaceToster in a video spotlight! check it out! (ehem you too mojang -_^) colored light IS possible and it IS necessary this video shows that:
Here is a different crafting recipe that was originally suggested by ChadGarion25. It is fantastic and gives cauldrons an actual use.
Tell me what you guys think
Support colored glass by wearing this banner:
(Signature will NOT work if you do not paste this code into your signature via code editing mode. Turn on editing mode with the little switch at the top left corner of the editor)
Also, if you like this suggestion and want to help it become a reality, give the first post in this thread rep points, and get your avatar featured in the 'We Love This Post!' banner down below the OP!!!
Cool Ideas by you guys -_^:
Quote from ChadGarion25
Redo how dyes are handled all together by giving cauldrons a purpose; making dye into a liquid form
- Cauldrons containing water can be right clicked with powdered dye to color the water (a tint of water won't require new block types)
- 3 objects can be dyed by right clicking the cauldron of dye whilst holding them. In this case, wool blocks, glass blocks, and glass panes (you can still take stained glass blocks of the same color and craft panes)
Here are some images that better explain the proccess:
Quote from neraphim
If i were to make any suggestions, i would recommend a simple refraction system. Like redstone only carries current 13 blocks or so, the glass panels could, if encased in non-opaque blocks, carry the light further than it would normally travel (like optic fibers). Additionally i would suggest colored redstone lamps, so that the color could be turned on and of at the switch of a button.
I have received a lot of comments about glass blocks and changing light color causing too much lag or requiring an entire overhaul of the light engine MC currently has implemented. What people don’t fully understand is how MC lights work and where in-game lag actually comes from in videogames. I can't say I completely understand how exactly the MC lighting engine works as I have not seen the code, however it is briefly explained here: http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/Light if you have any better knowledge or sources that explains these points better, feel free to critique my points and share your insight on the topic.
"Why did you label the topic as 'original'? This isn't the first colored glass topic, you know..."
You are correct, this is not the first topic on colored glass, nor am I saying it is. The 'Original' tag in the title is referring to this topic and it's contents specifically. On several occasions, I came across my topic copied directly into Redit and other online blogs; without any sort of credit to the images and content. As the images in this topic were created from scratch by me, copying this topic would be considered art theft.
So to answer your question, the Colored Glass! topic is labeled as original because it is, the original.
Is it possible to change the color of the light?
Yes. Difficult, but possible. It used to be quite easy to light blocks with individual colors in early versions of Minecraft, but with the current light system this is no longer the case. It would require additions to the light system, the renderer, the map file format, and the network protocol. (A technical proposal can be found here, behind the cut.)
(question aswered by Nocte)
Will it cause lag?
Yes, unfortunately the addition of colored light will lower your frame rate. How much? This is hard to predict until someone actually tries it on a variety of hardware, but there's no reason to believe it will be anything drastic. It will also have an impact on memory use -- 64 KB per unpacked chunk to be precise. And of course the color information will have to go over the network somehow. If necessary, it would be possible to add an option to simply ignore the color information, and keep the current system where all block lights have the same yellowish color.
(question aswered by Nocte)
"Are there any Mods with Colored glass or colored light?":
Yes, there are some mods for colored glass and there are older mods that have colored light implemented into MC. Here are just a few of these projects:
• Kovu, a follower of this topic has been working on a colored light prototype. wheather he is doing it with the current minecraft engine or not is unclear but if it is, this proves that colored light is indeed possible with the current lighting engine. it may just need some performance updates. -_^
Discussion found here:
• Nocte, one of the followers of this topic is very knowledgeable of what is going on behind all the gears and pendulums of Minecraft and has been working on this project. He may even tackle colored light. -_^
• CptSpaceToaster, one of the followers of this topic is currently working on a colored glass mod inspired by this topic and he is making big progress on colored light; proving that it is Indeed possible to do. You can watch his progress on his colored glass and light mod topics here:
• Here is a cool mod by Georqq that uses the same system suggested here; smelting colored sands to create colored glass, check it out!:
Colored sands into colored glass
• Here is an outstanding colored light mod that was in the works by theoneandonlyflexo check out his videos and his channel!
"I don't like colored sand because it would add too many new blocks to MC":
I added colored sand as an option for crafting colored glass because it would kills 2 birds with one stone. It would solve problems for people wanting colored glass and people wanting more color variations in standard blocks such as non-burnable, gravity, and stairs/slabs. The colored sand idea actually wouldn't require any new blocks or textures at all. The reason why, is because of how it could be programed. Much like how the biomes change the color of grass and leaves, both can wool and sand. Thus all blocks or future blocks that are craft able from sand or wool could be done in the same way; being colored entirely in code and decreasing the textures needed for the blocks. This solution would obviously require a change to how entities work but it would make way for limitless amount of colored items much like how leather armor works.
Now you may still be thinking, "well, that still doesn't fix the items being displayed in the inventory" actually it wouldn't be much of a problem since all of these items are just as hard to craft, having an inventory full of different colored sandstone blocks and the like, is only the fruits of your labors; having to collect dies, making cored sand and crafting them into stone. If what you are worrying about is the creative menu being overly crowded; this also wouldn't be a problem since the 1.3.1 update that added an improved creative mode inventory with
categorized tabs for various items/blocks and a search menu. If more colored blocks are added, they could simply just be added into to their own tab with would be extremely useful for pixel art artists and the like.
If you are still unsatisfied with colored sand being a step in creating of colored glass, we have discussed other options as colored sand is only a suggestion. Please look at "Cool Ideas by you guys" above for more information.
"Wouldn't it be easier to make colored glass by just combining it with dye like how you make wool?"
Easier yes, but wouldn't make much sense. Colored sand would mimic how real colored glass is created and it would open up more opportunities for new blocks using colored sand; including colored sandstone steps. Also, considering the "special properties" of colored glass, I believe it should be slightly harder to craft instead of simply adding color. with that said, I do not intend to say my crafting proposition is the best solution. In fact there have been many great alternative suggestions that have been made here. So keep thinking critically, innovate on existing ideas and give us some great suggestions!
"Has Mojang seen this?"
Yes, in fact we even heard back from Mojang on the topic; Nathan Adams also known as Dinnerbone from Mojang stressed that they have indeed been noticing the feedback on colored glass from the community. He also stated that colored glass is indeed possible and hinted that implementation of colored glass is not a "no"; which is exciting news.
Unfortunately, he also informed us that colored light is impossible on a large scale with the current lighting engine. However he also stated: "The lighting system is extremely broken and needs rewriting" this could mean that there is still a chance, if re-written, a new lighting engine may be able to support colored light. But this is uncertain.
The whole conversation can be found here:
ChadGarion25 informed me of a tweet made by Dinnerbone on 25 Sep at 6:14 AM eastern time where dinner bone posted a comment that could be very promising for colored glass and colored light to be implemented into Minecraft!
Check it out!
So basically what we can assume from all this is:
1) colored glass is very much possible in the current version of Minecraft; except it wouldn't allow other transparent textures to be seen through the glass (much how ice and water works in MC) and it would be difficult to ad a Z-buffer without having performance issues on slow platforms. This may not be much of an issue as most people will not have a reason to blend the colors of glass by stacking and though not completely transparent, it may look ok anyway. however I feel if a z buffer were added, perhaps there could be a toggle in video settings to turn off z-buffering for those who are playing on slower computers. Dinnerbone also hinted that the implementation of colored glass into vanilla is neither a yes or a no... so, I wouldn't give up on it just yet, guys. -_^
2) There are mods that have colored light implemented in versions of Minecraft before the adventure update. Check out theoneandonlyflexo for more info!
3) Yes Mojang has noticed this topic so there is no need to keep tweeting it to them as if they have never seen it.
Nov 29, 2011I have lots and lots of reasons why Minecraft is excellent. I've been playing since Alpha, but now after 1.8 it's better than before! Those houses. They are nice and add a cozy feeling to a formerly empty game. I don't know about all you horror people (I know you exist, and that's okay) who enjoy empty wastelands, but villages are awesome!Posted in: Discussion
The food system works. It worked before, but now it is different. Regeneration, food, and potions actually make eating a balanced and fun task.
New biomes! I admit they mess up old maps a bit (GoombaVille is buried under swamp), but for the most part they are excellent. They and the new little touches (blocks with water above them drip, etc.) turn Minecraft into a real-feeling game.
Abandoned mineshafts allow you quick transport underground at the cost of more danger. That's awesome! People who don't like mining but LOVE fighting can replace the old strip-mine with one of these, and people who enjoyed the old system can... wait for it... stick to the old system.
Forumers, Minecraft is great. It is a great game. I still enjoy playing it after more than a YEAR of mostly-daily play. The depth, the infinite world, the POSSIBILITIES allow so much. I love it.
But some of you guys are hell-bent on destroying this. For you, every change is bad. Every glitch is worth at least five advantages of a new feature. Every new utility is overpowered. And every new mob is stupid and doesn't fit the feel of Minecraft. You'll even literally wish death to people whose suggestions you deem inferior.
You are poisoning the community.
When you were getting into Minecraft... did you watch that In Search of Diamonds video over and over? Did you watch X's Adventures, or some other Let's Play? Do you still have an old world from the very beginning? Look at it again. If you're lucky, you'll start feeling the way you did when you started playing this game.
Because Minecraft is awesome.
I hope everyone understands this.
Sep 22, 2011Solaria posted a message on 1.0 New Features! OFFICIAL Report on New Features! MINECRAFT IS RELEASED!Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
[color="#8B0000"]Remember these are "Pre" releases and nothing is completed until the full release.[/color]
[color="#000000"]Find any new features? Screenshots? Report them all here![/color]
Note: This is NOT the place to report bugs. Just new features.
Report bugs here.
[color="#8B0000"]1.0 PreRelease 2 (For 1.1)[/color][color="#000000"]
- No trolling.
- No spamming.
- Read entire OP before posting.
- No advertising.
- No reporting/posting about bugs you find.
- Do NOT ask for help with any issues in this topic.
[color="#8B0000"]Weekly Releases (For the future 1.1)[/color]
- Apples drop from "normal" trees.
- Mobs no longer 'trample' crops. They will if they jump.
- Press "B" and you can change the game mode (surv/creative)
- Can now use shears to destroy tall grass and break it again
- Taiga biomes are back.
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Farmland is no longer destroyed by items and particles
- Added multiple languages
- Corrected a setTileEntity multiplayer bug
- Corrected a powered rail bug
- Corrected a redstone update bug
- Automatic "Snap Shots": "These "snapshots" will be named 11w47 ( year and week) + a, b, c etc (in case we do more than one), in one word such as "11w47a" - Jeb_
- Fixes double door glitch (fixed in 1.0.1?)
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 Official Release[/color]
- Icon change of the last achievement, "The End."
- Redstone wire that is not connected to anything now resembles a single red dot.
- That's it. Sorry guys. Well, all of the 1.9 stuff is in too. But that doesn't count as 'new' material. ;P 1.9 info is organized below for your convenience. Have a nice day. *Smiles*
[color="#8B0000"]Minecraft 1.0.1 is released!
The game should download the update as with any normal update! (Force Update on the Launcher)[/color]
[color="#8B0000"]Release Candidate 2 (RC2)[/color]
Post about this will be around #2400 within this topic.
- New Sounds were added shortly before the RCs. Info added in Pre6 too.
- New Getting hurt sound!
- New Explode sound!
- New Chest opening sound!
- New Arrow Shooting sound!
- New Door opening sound!
- New throwing sound! (Eggs / Snowballs)
- New throwing sound! (Eye of Ender)
- New Enderman Teleporting Sound!
- New Enderman Getting hurt Sound!
- New 'Gathering' Orbs Sound!
- New Eating Sound!
- New Potion Drinking Sound! (And you do not 'eat' the bottle anymore.)
- New "Baby" Sheep Sound!
- Blazes have "metallic breathing-in" Sound! Make same sound as a tool breaking when they get damaged.
- Colored sheep now have a random chance of giving you a colored lamb.
- Bows now have durability.
- Quit-Game button in game menu.
- Tools now have a break animation and make a sound when breaking. Blazes make the same 'break' noise sound when hurt.
- Double-Doors open different. Open one left door, and it will open both. [/color]
- Square Moon/Sun
- Water physics fixed.
- Explosion damage 'fixed'.
- Enderdragon is IN the game.
- List of bugs fixed [F] here.
- Redstone is faster to mine.
- Redstone wire no long trys to "snap" into a block with a redstone torch ontop of it.
- Option -> Particle change (Void).
- Mining Obsidian takes about 3 seconds. Bug?
- ALL doors require redstone - BUG - Confirmed.
- New blocks
- Enderdragon healer
- Enderdragon egg
- Stairs drop stairs when mined.
- Iron bars mine faster.
- Infinite lava has been removed.
- Baby sheep can now be "colored". If parents are of different colors, then you have a 50-50 shot of the color. White counts as a color.
- The "F" key commands have been removed.
- Redstone unplaceable on glowstone. Bug?
- New Sounds! Doors, bow, and explosion.
The Enderdragon's health is now shown at the top of the screen in a purple health bar when you are in the End.The Enderdragon now spawns a platform with an End portal and a pillar with an Enderdragon egg on it in its center.Entering the portal causes the end game text/credits to roll(and then respawns the player in the overworld as if they died). Thanks to Forever A Troll post #2323.
Minecraft Credits upon ending of the game
Posts start on #1968. Offical change log here.[/color]
- Squids swim up. Passive squid animation is now vertical.
- Slimes no longer have a 'depth y0-16' restriction.
- Pigmen no longer accumulate fall damage while swimming in lava.
- Ender Dragons
- Now take damages by player.
- Glows purple when killed, disintegrates and floats upwards - new animation effect.
- Drops loads of XP and one obsidian block.
- Have the same eye shining thin Enderman has.
- Dragon makes "a player gettin hit sound" when damaged.
- Mobs 'neutral' in creative mode. Except for spiders, ghasts, and silverfish.. Note: Enemies from spawners are still hostile.
- Dragon Eggs. - Not in game, recently tweeted by Notch.
- Baby animals in SMP.
- Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.
- Fences no longer connect to leaves.
- Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.
- Melons breaking into more than one piece again.
- Fixed fence "hitboxes".
- Balancing of enchantments.
- Find 'iron' gear in strongholds.
- Silk touch does not work on spawners.
- Game Crashing piston glitch fixed.
- Eye of Ender now points directly to the Ender Portal.
- Camera rotation
- I, J, K, L, N, and M control where your looking (I,J,K,L are up down left & right, N and M are rotations)
- F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)
- M+N resets the view. *Important*
- H and Y are the zoom controls
- H + Y together resets the zoom
- F9 locks your view
- Tweet from Jeb_ (As you know I always forget at least one thing when upload a release... The "camera controls" (F6 etc) are not supposed to be there =/) So..don't get your hopes up. Though these features are really nice for everyone..except the flying in survival mode.
- Toggle fly with F6. Survival mode.
- You receive a warning when changing render distance to far only if you're not running Java x64.
- Option to turn off clouds in the video menu.
Textures/Liquid Movement Mechanics
- Texture Tweeks
- Monster Spawners
- Iron Block
- Wood Planks
- New Water Physics for vertical movement.
- Water is back the way it was before pre4, plus: Whenever a water source is surrounded on all sides by blocks or water (not necessarily source blocks) and it has an air block or (non source) water block below, then that air/water block turns into a water source. From Darquan (I think it is intentional. It eliminates the underwater currents when you place and remove a block. The behaviour seems to be carefully chosen such that it cannot automatically flood entire caves, nor does it seem to break typical ways of using water for automatic harvesting.) Bug.
- Water can be placed in water again.
- "End Stone" (from The End) and "Mycelium" from the Mushroom biome!
- Lava can be made infinite by digging 1 square down, and making a "plus" sign - 5 squares total. Fill the outsides with lava.
- Thanks to Arbitror for the gif.
- Lighting is different. Colors are now better matched with the color of the light source.
- Longer reach for fighting mobs.
- Creative mode - logging back in will no longer make you 'fall' from falling.
- Player bow draw-back animation improved.
- Range of attack distance in creative has Reports of better FPS.
- Balancing of enchantments.
- New Achievements
- DIAMONDS! - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.
- Enchanter - Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to cunstruct an enchantment table.
- Librarian - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table.
- Overkill - Deal eight hearts of damage in a single hit.
- We Need to Go Deeper - Going through a portal to the Nether.
- Return to Sender - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.
- Into Fire - Relieve a Blaze of its rod.
- Local Brewery - Brew a potion.
- The End? - Locate the End.
- The End. - Defeat the Ender Dragon.
- Villages now have small fenced off patches of dirt with either wheat or tall grass growing in them, connected to the houses.
- Light glitch on stairs fixed.
- Jumping makes you lose xp points. Bug for some?[/color]
Posts on part 4 start at #1484
Twitch released the change-log for part 4 here.
- Moon/Sun are round. Moon has phases. Direction of sunrise/set has changed.
- Glistering Melon added. Crafted with Melon and Gold Nugget. Non-edible.
- Cutting up melon gives you 1 melon slice. Bug.
- Glistering melon can be used for initiating brewing.
- Villages a lot more common? Need more info on this.
- Endermen seem to be stronger.
- Water freezes faster.
- The potion of swiftness now leaves a visible effect on the player.
- Signs can be rotated easier.
- You can attack/kill mobs through glass.
- Supports HD Texture packs. Press F3+T to reload the texture pack.
- Pig spawners are an obtainable block now. Just use the silk touch enchantment on any mob spawner and it gives you a pig one.
- Mobs CAN spawn on glass. Bug?
- You can place Water on Water like Stone on Stone now.
- You can't throw Water into Water any more.
- Walking through webs is faster. Unconfirmed.
- Strongholds contain more chests.
- Enderpearls can be found in stronghold chests.
- Toss "Ender Eye" into sky to find location of strongholds.
- New texture for the placeholders on the portal. No longer 'crystal'.
- "The End" is the new realm.
- Cannot leave. You will have to die
- Hard to leave "The End in creative mode.
- Dragons are not available yet. You can get them via hacking above.
- Ground breaks into cobblestone.
- From Jeb: The exit from "The End" is the end. Then you respawn.
- Obsidian pillars.
- Enderdragons skins exist.
- Experience orbs are black.
- Cannot build Netherportals in "The End".
- Use Eye of Ender on the 'portals' in the strongholds.
- Maps in the End are blank.
- Large floating island.
- Beds explode.
- Water is place-able.
- You'll have to generate a new stronghold with a pre4 map in order for the portal to work without hacking.
- All potions with gunpowder = Splash Potions. Throw-able. Works with all potions. Putting them in dispensers are fun.
Quote from Dima~Cheveyo_On_Post_1795 »
Potion of Regeneration
Potion of Strength
Potion of Swiftness
Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Poison
Potion of Weakness
Potion of Slowness
'Sharpness I' enchanted sword
'Bane of Arthropods' effect
- There is a chance you get multiple effects when you enchant items.
- Enchantment Table now has a tooltip name on creative mode.
- Enchanted levels are 1-7. Adding bookshelves gets you more and more 'higher' levels. So far the report is up to 1-50.
- Enchantments now have names.
- Bane of Arthropods I/II/III/IV/V - Adition damage to spiders. 0.75-1.5 hearts extra damage per level.
- Sharpness I/II/III/IV/V - Addition damage to mobs. 0.5-1 heart extra damage per level.
- Fire Aspect I/II - Lights mobs on fire.
- Smite I/II/III/IV/V - Extra damage to zombies, zombie pigmen and skeletons.
- Knockback I/II - Knocks mob and players backwards upon hit.
- Looting I/II/III - Mobs have a chance to drop more loot.
- Sword of Featherfall I/II/III/IV - Fall-down slowly, less fall damage. (Only applies to boots.)
- Aqua Affinity I - Eliminates the harvest penalty of mining blocks underwater. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Projectile Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection against projectile entities (e.g arrows)
- Respiration I/II/III - Underwater breathing time +15 seconds; time between suffocation damage +1 second. (Only applies to the helmet.)
- Fire Protection I/II/III/IV - Protection to fire. (Lava?)
- Blast Protection I/II/III/IV - Protects from explosions. Creeps & TnT.
- Protection I/II/III/IV - Converts environmental damage to armor damage.
- Pickaxe of Efficiency I/II/III/IV/V - Dig faster. +10% mining speed to each lvl.
- Unbreaking I/II/III - Adds chance to ignore 'usage' of tools with each use.
- Sword of Looting I - Chance for more drops.
- Silk Touch I - Lets you mine blocks without breaking them. You can get glass blocks back. Efficient for glowstone mining.
- Pickaxe of Fortune I/II/III - Chance of multiplying the drop rate.[/color]
Enchanting techniques that have been found.
Most of my testing was done in creative with a diamond sword. I did some tests in survival and couldn't see anything that made me think it was much different to creative.
It's relatively easy to test. Go in creative make a floor of shelves and a roof of shelves only and test what enchant levels you can get. You still get 5 same as with just the table.
It seemed unlikely to me that adding shelves that did do something would suddenly make ones that did nothing do something. Unlikely but not impossible. Now my first thought was that possibly the algorithm to modify the enchantment level might be influenced by not only bookshelves but also by the shelves surrounding that bookshelf, but tests I made didn't seem to indicate that was so.
So far the only positions I've found that add to enchantment levels are
If there are any other positions of shelves that increase the enchantment level I've been unable to find them.
The shelves can be blocked by almost everything. I tested Ladders, torches, redstone torches, levers, buttons, trapdoors, wood & stone pressure plates, signs, redstone and repeaters and found they all block the shelves from increasing enchanting level. The only thing I found that did not block the shelves was pictures.
NB the 8 corner shelves are not blocked by the other shelves.
Lvl50 Enchantment - shadowskeeper21 post #1794
Lvl 50 Confirmation post #1718
Thanks aXu for the following information. Post #1739
For those who want to edit your items' enchants (with NBTEdit, for example), enchants are saved in following manner:
Data -> Player -> Inventory -> (your item here) -> tag -> ench -> (TagCompound) ->
id: Id of enchant (list of them at wiki)
lvl: Level of enchant (too big numbers won't crash MC, but it doesn't show them in roman numbers)
You can even enchant other items than those normally enchantable. For example, I tested it with wood planks It shows the glimmering animation in inventory, but not in your hand (dunno if this applies to only blocks or all items not enchantable).
[color="#000000"]Information released after Part 3[/color]
Enderdragons (Sounds really neat when you say it). Link to topic here.
Click here for full image.
Eye of Ender is the new stronghold locator where the portal to The Ender will *probably* be. Throw it up high in the air and it will fall about 5 blocks in a new direction. Go in the direction it lands. Do this too much and it may return to The Ender.
From the looks of the following image, you have to fill it with "Ender Eyes" in order for it to activate.
Posts about Part 3 start with post number #892 for those who want to read them.
- Baby Animals! Parents seem to 'follow' babies after birth. Do not drop loot for XP. Faster animation and they eventually grow up. Baby sheep can be sheared. Grow up time seems to be 1 day.
- Animals have a Cool down after breeding.
- You can saddle baby pigs and ride them
- Wheat bug is fixed.
- FPS is better? Unconfirmed.
- Number above XP bar. Level?
- Silverfish Spawners in dungeons.
- Snow fall breaks torches.
- Breaking book shelves give you 3 books.
- Mini mine spiders are 1x1 and not poisonous. Unconfirmed.
- Eye of Ender. Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder. Use unknown.
- Able to "eat" milk and water.
- Pie chart in the F3 screen is in! (And its a circle..in minecraft! wtf..) XD
- Navigate through some of the features by using the number keys, or 0 to go back.
- Crystal Block.
- Fishing Rods can be enchanted.
- Cauldron Icon.
- Color of the label of highlighted object is now purple. Inventory for example.
- Swords and bows have been weakened.
- Endermen do more damage. Unconfirmed.
- Notch's Take on the new baby animals: The idea with the baby animals is to alter the original models to make them act as new ones. This scales well. Say we want to do old animals or robot animals or whatever in the future. By having it be mutators to the original models, we can add a new animal by just adding a single new model instead of adding four (or whatever) new ones. And even better, to introduce a brand new variant of animals, we don't need to go through them all and add that variant. Source.
Credit goes to: Seriousity for finding most of these. <3
Offical Potion Topic
Amazing Potion Guide!
- Potion brewing stand. Step 1 is to fill them with water.
- Milk Removes all effects.
- Redstone increases the duration of a potion. Confirmed.
- Glowstone decreases the duration of a potion and increases effectiveness. Confirmed.
- Cauldrons will hold water for you. Water will "evaporate" over a period of time.
- Right click with glass bottles to draw water. It makes the water level go down lightly.
- Cauldrons can be moved with pistons without losing the water.
- They can be fill with water buckets only. Not lava.
- You can climb into them! Bathtubs and sinks are now possible.
- You can walk across them.
- Brewing stand is activated by putting nether wart in the upper slot. Possible use of other 'activation' items unknown.
- Positive Potions
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear (InstantHealth)
- Healing Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Ghast Tear + Glowstone Dust (InstantHealth II)
- Potion of Healing: Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream (Fire Resistance 3:00)
- Fire Resistance Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Magma Cream + Redstone (Fire Resistance 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder (Strength 3:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Redstone (Strength 8:00)
- Strength Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Blaze Powder + Glowstone Dust (Strength II 1:30)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar (Speed 3:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Redstone (Speed 8:00)
- Swiftness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Glowstone Dust (Speed II 1:30)
- Negative Potions
- Poison: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Spider Eye (Poison 0:45)
- Weakness Potion: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Fermented Eye (Weakness 1:30)
- Potion Of Slowness: Water Bottle + Netherwart + Sugar + Fermented Eye (Slowness 1:30)
- Unknown Potions
- Mundande Potion: Water Bottle + Redstone
- Thick Potion: Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
- Awkward Potion: Water Bottle + Nether Wart
- Animated Enchantment Table!
- Pages flip randomly.
- The words are suppose to be random and they are not suppose to make sense.
- Break with pickaxe in order for it to 'drop'. Or you will lose it...forever.
- Enchanting table is made like so:
Placing bookshelves near the enchantment tables.
[color="#000000"]Air Portals to "The Ender"[/color]
[color="#000000"]Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch.[/color] Source.
Quote from Mouzi
It's called an Air Portal in the code and you can fix it with Ender Eyes.
Doesn't seem to work as of now.
Also, disregard the obsidian, I tried flooding it with water.
Also, someone mentioned that the server now loads a third "level" so that would kind of confirm skylands. Though they have existed before and you can get to them by hacking but I don't know if Notch has changed the skylands for this update.
The sky dimension actually works like it used to work (it's been in the code for quiiite a while) but it gets overwritten by the real world terrain if you visit the real world first. The chunks are in the same folder so they get mixed up.
currently the skylands is just the normal world with different colored sky and clouds are way lower (underground with the normal terrain). The sun is always in the middle of the sky.
- Ender goo's texture is half a block or so above the physical block.
- Able to physically interact with stuff, it cant be walked through (the texture can be however), and can be stood upon for a platform.
- Is similar to a half step, except very very thin.
- Underside has a stone texture.
- Can be removed with water.
- Can be burned by lava.
- Ender Goo will be a portal to "The Ender" and will be the home to the mysterious endermen and deadly enderdragons. Confirmed by Notch. Source.
I say try adding this to the Air Portal and seeing what it does. ;P
New name until further notice/investigation: Ender Goo.
123 - Brewing Stand
124 - Cauldron
125 - Eye of Ender
116 - Enchantment Table
117 - Brewing Stand
118 - Cauldron
Screenies and Information released after 1.9 Part 2 and before Part 3.
[color="#000000"]Baby Animals! It's a baby moo moo! With a....big..head!XD A few pigs are in the background[/color]
[color="#000000"]Glossy Armor - notice the sword is purple.[/color]
[color="#000000"]A circle in minecraft! Madness![/color]
[color="#000000"]Enchantment Table Interface[/color]
[color="#000000"]The letters come from the Standard Galactic Alphabet.
Well played internets, you are good. (3)
These names will be random and confusing. (7)
Each spell costs experience levels. (15)[/color]
Quote from Viktn0r
The Standard Galactic Alphabet or SGA is used in the Commander Keen series of computer games. It was created by Tom Hall, who originally just wanted to make the writing on signs in the games look futuristic or alien. Then he realised that he could create a whole alternative alphabet and add cryptic messages throughout the games.
- Animal Breeding! Use wheat to breed. Hold wheat in your hand and they all 'should' follow you. Reports of this being a bit buggy. If you hit an animal in heat, it will stop being in heat.
- Snow Golems attack each other when you try to breed them. And User. Use wheat to make friendly towards you.
- Endermen now take FOUR standard (non-critical) hits with a diamond sword. Zombies & Zombie pigmen 3.
- Endermen now instantly teleport away from water. Agro seems to reset after this. They also dodge all arrows and do not die in the sunlight anymore. New sound effect likely to come in the official release of 1.9
- Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime.
- Chickens avoid lava.
- Golden apples have a sparkly animation.
- Golden apple also grants you Regeneration buff for 30 seconds.
- Golden nuggets are officially called "Gold nuggets" now.
- New Items: glass bottles, several new music discs, blaze powder, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes and magma cream. *Items uses unknown - bottles obviously for 'potions' as mentioned on twitter and not implemented yet. Possibly with official release.
- Ender pearls teleports you with the cost of damage when thrown.
- Ender perls do not work in MP.
- Items can be repaired now, just as Notch specified - combine two damaged items to make one with more uses.
- Can't get glass panes back when you break them anymore .
- Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds.
- Milk acts as a "clear all" for effects.
- Wood fences now connect to walls. Fences now only take up the space they appear to, as well as attaching to any solid block adjacent to them. This makes walking through diagonal-oriented fences possible.
- Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them. Cannot place pressure plates on top of nether fence.
- Fences can be placed like normal blocks.
- Normal fences and nether fences don't connect.
Thanks Mouzi for the following information
And a list of descriptions and IDs for them. Excuse the code tag (I couldn't find a
EDIT: All possible potion potency levels seem to have I, II, III and IV but not anything over that. After that it will just say potion.potency.5 and 6 and so on.
ID Code name In-game name Description 1 moveSpeed Speed Movement speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 2 moveSlowdown Slowness Movement speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 3 digSpeed Haste Mining speed increases, known levels: I, II and III 4 digSlowDown Mining Fatigue Mining speed decreases, plausible levels: I, II and III 5 damageBoost Strength Damage dealt increases, known levels: I, II and III 6 heal Instant Health Constantly heals you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will do instant damage when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 7 harm Instant Damage Constantly damages you at a fast rate. EDIT: This actually is not meant to have a duration or has a duration of 0. Will heal instantly when you drink the potion. Known levels: I, II and III 8 jump Jump Boost Increases jump height, level I to around 1.75 blocks and level II to 2.5 blocks, known levels: I and II EDIT: Level III jumps to around 3.25 blocks and you will take a bit of fall damage and level IV to around 4 blocks. 9 confusion Nausea Screen goes wavy, makes walking difficult 10 regeneration Regeneration Regenerates health (faster) EDIT: Apparently an old effect too, this has been since 1.8 11 resistance Resistance Probably raises your armor class temporarily 12 fireResistance Fire Resistance No fire damage, you will still catch fire, you can also dive in lava (you can not drown in it either). 13 waterBreathing Water Breathing Infinite breath, bubbles still appear but will not decrease. 14 invisibility Invisibility Does not seem to do anything as of now, mobs still attack and no visual change. 15 blindness Blindness Similar to the bedrock fog, you only see black after a few blocks. 16 nightVision Night Vision Night becomes a lot brighter, does not seem to affect caves (unconfirmed). 17 hunger Hunger Old effect, known as food poisoning or disease. Decreases food bar faster. 18 weakness Weakness Opposite of strength? Damage dealt decreases. 19 poison Poison Old effect. Look up poison on minecraft wiki. Known levels: I and II
Quote from ihave13gp
- 1 blaze rod -> 2 blaze powder
- blaze powder + slimeball -> magma cream
- spider eye + brown mushroom + sugar -> fermented spider eye
Example of the new fences
Blue Spider effect and drop
Giving an animal wheat will generate love hearts above its head for a short period of time.
Bring two similar animals together after they've been given food, and a few seconds later a third animal will spawn (of the same type). There aren't any baby animals though, sadly.
- Slimes also drip through the block they are above.
- Hardcore Mode
- Fire from lava doesn't burn you for nearly as long.
- Auto-jumping has been placed back in.
- New ID's for Items and CDs at the bottom of this post.
- F5 is back! (Hit twice to see in first person).
- Tooltips have purple edges.
- Name tag "TESTIFICATE" over the villagers is gone.
- Villages seem bigger.
- XP Gain from jumping has been removed/fixed.
- F8 cinematic mode is back
- Right clicking while holding a weapon = blocking.
Quote from ihave13gp
I decompiled the minecraft.jar files to have a look at the modified health and damage of mobs:
Endermen take 20 hearts of damage and deal 3.5 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Spiders take 8 hearts of damage.
Zombies take 12 hearts of damage and deal 2 hearts of damage on normal(was 2.5).
Cave spiders take 6 hearts of damage.
TyrantWave found these prefixes in the jar:
Those are all classified as potion.prefix.
"potion.prefix.mundane", "potion.prefix.uninteresting", ....
This could mean these are specifically potion only, or it's more generic and could be related to enhancements to items as well. (As potion works for that too)
[color="#000000"]New ID's & Records - Part 2[/color]
117 - Potion
118 - Glass Bottle
119 - Spider Eye
120 - Fermented Spider Eye
121 - Blaze Powder
122 - Magma Cream
New Record/CD IDs
2002 - Blocks
2003 - Chirp
2004 - Far
2005 - Mall
2006 - Mellohi
2007 - Stal
2008 - Strad
2009 - Ward
2010 - 11
- Blocks under water/lava "drip" into cave/cavern below.
- Trees on higher altitudes have less leaves.
- Grass drops more seeds.
- Lava flows faster.
- Do not jump infinitely when holding down space bar.
- Dried up river-beds in plains biome.
- Animal do not breed.
- Pumpking seeds are back in the chests in the dungeons!
- Lots of reports of mega-oceans.
- Armor values are now determined differently.
- Roses are back.
- Saplings drop less.
- Mushroom biomes ARE islands.
- "Infected" cows via shrooms
- Shearing Mushroom Cows nets you around 2-5 (need verification on precise range) red mushrooms, and also gets you a normal cow.
- According to the picture, new grass?
Quote of OgreSean
Mushroom Island: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level near sea level.
Mushroom Island Shore: Warm biome. Frequent Rain. Flat land. Land base far below sea level (same as ocean.
Thus, Mushroom Island biomes actually spawn in the middle of Mushroom Island Shore biomes. However, the land for Shore biomes is underwater, which makes them appear like Oceans.
The top block for these biomes is the "mycel" block I mentioned earlier (which is not town related after all, but does play some kind of melody). No monsters, animals, or squids spawn in these biomes EXCEPT for mushroom cows.
- "Snow" biomes more rare.
- Snowman! - Built by Two snow block then pumpkin PLACES not crafted. Not sure how to make a snowman without a pumpkin head. They fight other "bad" mobs. They drop snowballs.
- Snowmen work in the Nether. (Bug? Unconfirmed.)
- Snow now settles on ice.
Quote of OgreSean
Frozen Ocean: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Somewhat Mountainous. Land base level far below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Frozen River: Cold biome. Occasional Rain. Flat land. Land base level somewhat below sea level. No animals spawn in this biome.
Ice Plains: Same as Plains, except cold temperature.
Ice Mountains: Same as Extreme Hills, except cold temperature.
Have fun with the hilarity of the snowmen attacking other mobs!
Images for Part 1
- Lilly Pads - Picked up by "Punching". Place by putting next to another lilly or surface block. Lilly Pads turn grey when picked up - bug?
- Darker grass - new grass texture for swamps
- Darker water around the swamp area
- Village Monks - 1 Priest is dressed in white
- A few other skins reported - aprons and pink?
- Reported that the mobs folder have 6 different textures for the villagers. (Butcher, Farmer, Librarian, priest, smith & villager).
- Nether Brick
- Nether Fence
- Nether Stairs
- Nether Stronghold - Netherholds!
- Nether Slimes
- "Blaze" Mob
- Nether Dungeons (Same a netherholds?)
- Netherwart - nether plant (A nether mushroom? Need more clarification.)
- Ghasts shoot "bombs" now.
- New Sounds by pigmen and ghasts (unconfirmed)
- Pigman drops "Rotten Flesh" & "Gold Nugget" - 3x3 craft = Gold Ingot
- Ghasts drop "Ghast Tear" - Unknown use
- Blazes drop "Blaze Rod" - Unknown use.
[color="#000000"]New ID's - Part 1[/color]
Quote from OgreSean
After decompiling the 1.9 Pre-Release minecraft.jar, here is everything I've found so far:
ID 110 - "mycel" - Apparently related to Villages, and has appearance of either grass or snow. If we had updated sounds, it would apparently play some kind of town melody when the player is nearby or when it is stepped on.
ID 111 - Water Lily
ID 112 - Nether Brick
ID 113 - Nether Fence
ID 114 - Nether Brick Stairs
ID 115 - Nether Stalk (some kind of plant that grows over soulsand and appears in nether strongholds)
ID 369 - Blaze Rod
ID 370 - Ghast Tear
ID 371 - "Gold Nugget"
ID 372 - Nether Stalk Seeds
ID 10 - Frozen Ocean
ID 11 - Frozen River
ID 12 - Ice Plains
ID 13 - Ice Mountains
ID 14 - Mushroom Island
ID 15 - Mushroom Island Shore
Enderman had their spawning frequency cut in half.
ID 13 - Small Fireball
ID 61 - Lava Slime
ID 62 - Blaze
ID 96 - Mushroom Cow
ID 97 - Snow Man
ID 120 - Villager
[color="#000000"]Click the Plus if I helped you! ---->[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Feel free to PM me if I missed your report. Do not abuse this. I will not respond to requests for 'help' that pertain to 1.9 pre-releases.[/color]
Keep it classy.
Aug 12, 2011Not sure. I'm actually 14, and sometimes I'm ashamed to be this young. A lot of people my age can be really immature. My best guess would be that Minecraft is aimed at kids my age, so most of those who join your server will be around that age.Posted in: Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.