- Curse Premium
Member for 8 years, 7 months, and 1 day
Last active Mon, Aug, 3 2020 21:09:04
- 4 Followers
- 1,087 Total Posts
- 105 Thanks
Oct 30, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from Polifroeg
Can I use this for my public modpack? On the official server there will be a building showcasing the mod and if you want a description on what the mod packs about I'll gladly give you one
Thanks Love the mod
A bit more information would be great
Preferably you would put a link to here, but if you really want to you can just include it in the download.
Oct 23, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from TheZopilote
Great job with the mod! I am enjoying the aspect of a truer-to-life form of smithing and reloading, and I created an account just to comment on this mod because I see a big potential here!
1) Using snowballs as a stackable fuel in the chilling block like coal is to a furnace instead of having to cart water around all the time. The convenience would be great, but it's something not too easy to get (depending on the biomes around), so it still maintains a level of difficulty. In 1.7+ packed ice may be an alternative to snowballs.
2) A use for kelp: sushi! As Japanese cliche as it is, hear me out.
3) As a thought: How about using salt to increase the food value of all cooked meats? Salt+Random cooked meat = Seasoned random cooked meat. Example: Salt + Cooked Porkchop = Seasoned cooked porkchop worth 1.5 to 2 more food than normal. Also, how about using cucumber as a 50% chance to cure poison when eaten that also gives 0.5 food (1.5 food if turned into a pickle). I know, everyone hates nerfing, but sometimes it is necessary to maintain order. To encourage crafting sushi over eating pickles, make the yield of cucumber plants fairly low (2 norm, 3 max), so pickles aren't just made due to their higher poison curing percentage. (Making them easy to find on pirate ship chests would balance this out.)
4) Also, underground salt mines could be cool, rare things to find. (I envision a couple skeleton spawners and a treasure chest being involved) Large, natural deposits of salt are mined every day. (Fun fact: One of the largest nuclear waste storage facilities in the USA is in a depleted Utah salt mine)
5) Add the eating animation and delay mechanic for your food. As nice as an instant effect is, it's too unbalanced and feels less wholsome than the normal eating and food mechanic. It feels... well, cheap to put it bluntly. That is really my only major bone to pick with the mod.
Firstly, Thanks for the feedback
1) This idea I rather like, I will likely add a few new fuels to the cooling rack in a future update.
2) I hate sushi, As much as it isn't a bad idea, minecraft really doesn't need more food, it has plenty, even the cucumbers I debated adding.
3) I think it does do that already... Salt can be used with steak, pork, and fish (all cooked) the get better foods, and pickles currently cure potion effects when you eat them...
Edit: additionally, I would say that the cucumber gives about 2-2.5 on average, generally they give one, and I think I have gotten as many as 9.
4) This idea I honestly like, something of this nature will likely be added.
5) Going back to point two, minecraft doesn't need more food, so I wanted to add something different that would be useful, but not OP, the cucumbers do feel rather unwholesome, but they really are, they are slightly better then melons I believe, and the instant eat it what sets them apart. Otherwise there would be no reason to collect them as any other food is just as good.
Oct 19, 2013Posted in: WIP Mods
That looks pretty nice, I may add it as a optional download, or I can make rats spawn in different colors
Quote from Myelecor_FiresonNot bad, it looks like you put some serious effort into it, but my mod count is already too high (45 mods and counting), so another mod like this may cause unthinkable glitches and lag issues. Perhaps after 1.7 I may download it, though. Keep up the good work!
Oct 17, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from Miller786
Thank you for the awsome mod,
What about boats that you can sail with?
Thanks, as for moving boats, you should look at the 'A few notes' spoiler in my first post
To everyone: I have been really busy will school lately, but I may but out a new version this friday that will include some handy stuff.
Oct 16, 2013Posted in: WIP Mods
Uh... I think it does... It is programmed to spawn in sand so it should spawn anywhere that sand is present.
Oct 11, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from ZeroLevels
No worries. If you do begin working on trying to get it working and such on servers, feel free to contact me (post quoting or PMing) if you need guinea pig to help test server stuff.
Keep up the great work.
Ok, if I ever get around to making it SMP, I will let you know.
I have added somewhat of a balance update, it probably makes the pirates a bit more powerful, but their should be less of them. The guns are less OP so as to not make all normal mobs... Lame. Feel free to download it if you like, but know that you really don't need to.
Oct 9, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from ZeroLevels
Heh, I switched to imgur when my photobucket started doing that to me. Seems you'll be needing a new image host as they all seem to be busted with "Look who's popular". In any case, since I have seen you around plenty, and have occasionally spoken with you, I feel assured enough that it's safe to go ahead and add your mod to the list regardless.
Just need to run a quick test and will add it. Good day!
EDIT: So far, the only trouble is trying to get it to work on a server. Not sure if it was you who sent a request for its addition to the mod list, but the request said Universal. Going to have to mark it on the list as SSP and LAN for the time being. If you get it working on server, please let me know (by quoting my post or PM) so I can update it on the list for you.
Thanks for the tip, I have now fixed it, at any rate, it is totally fine that you added it to your list, as far as SMP goes, I guess I have never tested it for it, but it works on LAN, so it is probably best to post it as such, I may work on getting it SMP compatible at some point.
Oct 6, 2013Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from steambot88
I just wanna say that this mod is the sooooo COOL! but it nead something... maybe... A BOSS ON A GIANT SHIP! And if you can, a new mob! The kamikaze pirate! I realy looking forword to play minecraft with this mod
Boss mob, planed.
Giant ship, planed.
Kamikaze pirate, probably not.
Quote from TheFinalWolves
Maby can you make a Ship Cannon or someting like that!
But nice work man
And some Trading ships would be nice too i think!
If you are implying a cannon on a moving boat... Maybe at some point. If you mean a block like cannon, I am working on it.
Trading in some why will likely be added, trade ships are a cool idea though.
Also: Updated to 1.6.4, and I fixed and added a few things.
Oct 2, 2013Koadmaster posted a message on I keep getting a error when I boot minecraft with my mod, it works fine in eclipse, but not in minecraftI guess that I should explain a little more, the public class... line looks like this:Posted in: Modification Development
public class EntityTest extends EntityTestContainer
with EntityTestContainer public class line like this:
public abstract class EntityTestContainer extends EntityTameable implements IInventory
Basically it is a tamable minecart chest.
So, seeing as how the error has something to do with duplicate method names, I feel this may be helpful.
Oct 2, 2013Koadmaster posted a message on I keep getting a error when I boot minecraft with my mod, it works fine in eclipse, but not in minecraftThat did work, same thing happened, and yes I believe I have a sided proxy... Something like this yes?Posted in: Modification Development
Thanks for the input though
Oct 1, 2013Koadmaster posted a message on I keep getting a error when I boot minecraft with my mod, it works fine in eclipse, but not in minecraft:/ Any input would be nice.Posted in: Modification Development
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Nov 17, 2012Posted in: NewsQuote from BlueChoco
1) Pre-release, snapshot, whatever you want to call it. It's not the "final" product, unless they otherwise state it. Which can always change depending on issues. Also yes while they can afford in-house bug testing, don't you think the public can break it faster? Usually people are doing all sorts of tasks, that even serious bug testers might not think about. You have countless people willing to bug test, report and give feedback on releases. I'm sure they felt that 1.4.4 would have been it, until they ran into some clear issues.
2) Even with say.. 10-30 bug testers (low example), would they find everything possible that's wrong? Compared to the thousands of bug testing players, I don't really think that's a fair comparison in all honesty. Players will do anything and everything differently, especially in such a diverse game such as Minecraft.
3) That's mostly of course how people are, always want everything but refuse to compromise. Would you learn Java to help them solve things faster? Not likely or no is usually an answer, also people are prone to mistakes. Not to mention they want the game to evolve, while also fixing things which of course leads to problems. Just it's better than some companies, who make full upgrades cost you. Those "fixes" come in the form of expansions, while adding in their own problems too. Which take countless ages to even be addressed.
1) Just for fun I will quote what Mojang said when they released this (from Mojang.com) Note the last line
Unfortunately we have to patch Minecraft again, this time to fix the broken LAN server functionality. Good news is that this only affects the client, so 1.4.5 clients will be able to play on 1.4.4 servers without any problems.
- Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
- Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
- … and fixes for MC-2507, MC-2508, MC-2500, and MC-2498
Download the pre-release here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
This release will be uploaded to the launcher on Tuesday next week (November 20).
2) I have to agree, hiring testers would likely not be a good course for Mojang to take.
3) I am learning Java, and I would love to use it to help Mojang.
Nov 16, 2012See, the thing is, before we were in a drought, bug-fix wise, but now we are drowning, this, in and of itself, isn't bad, but: they could be releasing these as snapshots, then they would be optional, but as it is I have little choice, I play on a few servers: Salvage Raid, Diamcraft and a non-pvp one, and they all updated within a day or two of 1.4.4 being released, so I can't just not update, I can swap jars, but that is hardly the greatest option. Now, if they were to release all this in snapshot... They would still get bug reports and the SMP and mod players could all just stick with 1.4.2 or whatever, but no, they decide to release them as pre-releases, so that people expect mods and servers to update.Posted in: News
That being said; why can't they do snapshots instead? Then they would be fixing bugs without "updating"
Nov 16, 2012Posted in: NewsQuote from AznaktaX
Oh, yes, you do!
Even if some mods are still working, there is always a risk!
Well, actually, I haven't even updated yet, but I am not interested in updating so that it will be useless in a weak, but that would require waiting for this to be released, and then for MCP and modloader to update... So if 1.4.4 mods don't work with 1.4.5 I think I will scream.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.