Quote from narutoall76
I hope this is cocobeans.
I hope so to. cuz I don't even use them now cuz there to valuable.
Quote from TomCatFort
Find a zombie spawner (or spider), build a wall with a safe hole to attack the zombies without they getting you. Just bring plenty of stone swords.
I think my enchanting will be done that way.
Quote from BlueChoco
1) Pre-release, snapshot, whatever you want to call it. It's not the "final" product, unless they otherwise state it. Which can always change depending on issues. Also yes while they can afford in-house bug testing, don't you think the public can break it faster? Usually people are doing all sorts of tasks, that even serious bug testers might not think about. You have countless people willing to bug test, report and give feedback on releases. I'm sure they felt that 1.4.4 would have been it, until they ran into some clear issues.
2) Even with say.. 10-30 bug testers (low example), would they find everything possible that's wrong? Compared to the thousands of bug testing players, I don't really think that's a fair comparison in all honesty. Players will do anything and everything differently, especially in such a diverse game such as Minecraft.
3) That's mostly of course how people are, always want everything but refuse to compromise. Would you learn Java to help them solve things faster? Not likely or no is usually an answer, also people are prone to mistakes. Not to mention they want the game to evolve, while also fixing things which of course leads to problems. Just it's better than some companies, who make full upgrades cost you. Those "fixes" come in the form of expansions, while adding in their own problems too. Which take countless ages to even be addressed.
Unfortunately we have to patch Minecraft again, this time to fix the broken LAN server functionality. Good news is that this only affects the client, so 1.4.5 clients will be able to play on 1.4.4 servers without any problems.
- Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
- Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
- … and fixes for MC-2507, MC-2508, MC-2500, and MC-2498
Download the pre-release here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
This release will be uploaded to the launcher on Tuesday next week (November 20).
Quote from AznaktaX
Oh, yes, you do!
Even if some mods are still working, there is always a risk!