Quote from Nealm15Well what if there was a potion for water walking?
Well, I guess that would be cool, not perhaps the most in theme, but I will think about it
Quote from dp10poke12can i add this to my mod pack?
Quote from dp10poke12can i add this to my mod pack?
Quote from Invus_RichieI'm not totally sure if the nets work as intended, I walked into some net blocks and I didn't notice any real speed difference, the only thing I did notice was my inability to jump. P.S Why not add buried treasure? Spawning below sand or dirt (a few blocks down) is a chest containing various stashed goods, whether it be emergency supplies for someone preparing to be marooned or a chest full of gold. As a slight indicator to them there could be an "X" block at the surface looking largely like the surrounding grass/sand but with an indented "X" on the top, to mark the spot.
Maybe you can add a NPC village that are near to oceans with unique buildings like lighthouses and shipyards with boats in them
Quote from omnf98Yay!!!! Pirates in minecraft!
I notice that I get the following error frequently in my Forge logs:
2013-11-28 08:59:49 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Wrong location! EntityItem['item.tile.seaWeed'/17080, l='Middle Earth', x=-123.56, y=47.17, z=-159.86] 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.Exception: Stack trace 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Unknown Source) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76612_a(Chunk.java:908) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75823_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:414) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75822_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:103) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75815_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:83) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73239_e(ChunkProviderServer.java:182) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:118) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:529) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:414) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.block.BlockFlowing.func_72208_o(BlockFlowing.java:350) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.block.BlockFlowing.func_72206_n(BlockFlowing.java:314) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.block.BlockFlowing.func_71847_b(BlockFlowing.java:158) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:617) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:197) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484) 2013-11-28 08:59:49 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Another thing that I've noticed is that whenever I open a world in MCEdit, the map has parts that shoot off toward the north west. (The red circle is where I have explored.) In one map that I had the branch towards the NW went on for 10x the length of this world. I might be mistaken, but this only seems to occur when KoadMasters Pirates is installed.
Quote from jokeb4serious
i can turn off the guns or features i dont want right?
Quote from dssuppermci think i'm going to lp this mod
Quote from sulpvex
Hi, I'm trying to run this on a 1.6.2 server of mine(I know, really should update lol) but everytime I try and run the server, I get this error:
If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly!!
Quote from kokiboki
Congratulations on being featured in the Minecraft Monday show.
Also great mod I am having alot of fun
I thought of a suggestion or two for your pirate zombies.
1) A pirate zombie that can't swim but can move and jump like the normal pirate zombies do on land. They would spawn at the underwater shipwrecks (at half the spawn rate of the floating ships since they would be harder to kill while swimming). You could also have a chest on the ships that either have better loot or double loot since the fight would be harder (though the spawner and chest should be closer to each other).
2) A different approach would be to have all of the pirate zombies unable to swim but can still move and jump the same while they are in the water. In this option, the underwater ships would have a separate spawner that was slower than the normal ones. While you can jump off a ship to escape the zombies, you are only really safe until you reach land, then the fun begins.
In both scenarios, they would need the spider's ability to climb when they are in water.
3) A more devious version would be one that also doesn't suffocate from sand or gravel and randomly spawns in beaches two blocks deep (they would need to spawn rarely). They only 'awaken' when one of the blocks they are resting in or a block next to them is disturbed or walked on. They also wouldn't make sounds until after they start attacking.
Quote from AadvakiWhich can be expected for a game that is purely about creativity. I admit I am a skilled player at the game, able to build, able to wire redstone, able to fight, but at the end of the day you have a bunch of people who rely solely on server commands to get anything done in the game or MCEdit to create their massive structures. Why people need artificial help is beyond me. If a player needs help in Minecraft, there should be help available help within the game. Also, there's just a lot of people who don't want to be clueless and frustrated, maybe even bored. Now, you see those guys at Mindcrack, and they're seemingly never bored, because they don't have a lack of creativity.I definitely think Minecraft should have some sort of optional tutorial system. Yes, cheaty cheaty. However, there are too many people who can't play the game, constantly get trolled, or worse, banned because they didn't understand something. I reckon that if Mojang wants more players, they have to introduce them into the game. That's not PaulSoaresJr's job, not the Yogscast's job, that is Mojang who should be providing the best content and hardest work for their own creation.
Quote from XerainGamingHey! Great mod! Definitely a lot of fun, can't wait to see when the Ghosts [and] Cannons are full working. I personally love the fish traps! No more standing there for hours fishing XD -snip-
Quote from ProPhantomHey I love the mod and wanted to know if I could add it to my upcoming modpack!
Quote from KyoShinda
I do tend to forget about new players. When I start a game I haven't played before though, I tend to value games that are difficult. The line between frustrating and difficult is very hard to define.
----I was very against everything that dinnerbone added until I started playing, because I always felt you should at least have to spend a day or three having to collect food to survive for a while. I thought the regeneration consumption was a bad way, but it does a great job of making low-sat foods short-term and giving you more reason to use potions and other things that actually heal you. I also thought the zombie spawn groups were bad but that was mostly due to the 40 block follow range zombies had which was dropped.
----I know everyone cringes whenever I say this but, they should buff mob damage. The counter to that is usually 'you can still kill them the same way and not get damaged'. The thing is, when they hurt you more, you can't just run in the middle of them, because when you do, one is bound to hit you and that's when things start getting difficult.
----My main point I try to get across is that enchants cause a huge problem for sp. They need to make higher tier mobs that can take large chunks out of you even when you have an enchanted iron set, but that would drop more exp. I also feel repairing on enchanted equipment is steep. I shouldn't have to get a mob grinder just to repair a full set of diamond equipment (like 100 levels worth), that just turns me off to all of it, but the lvl1 enchants make mobs look like babies.
----All they need to do is make sure the higher tier mobs CAN hit you and that they do decent damage to enchanted armor and to make repairing enchants cheaper. Then the later game would feel more natural.
Quote from Jack_Kenseng
1) You're moving this mod in the right direction. If my private modpack was 1.6.4, I'd definitely use this mod. But it is 1.6.2, and I don't like the older version of the mod. Reduced spawns, reduced speed, fewer but better looking ships that don't always face the same direction...you fixed everything I did not like. I made an endless ocean survival map, and your concept was perfect.
What I would like to see...
2) I never got any good loot in the chests. Buckets, cucumbers, medallions, rinse and repeat. Can you improve on this?
3) More variety to ships. Some tiny ships, some epic ships, and various designs in between. You could make a pirate ship a dungeon in itself, complete with a boss. That'd be cool.
4) More mobs, and type-specific spawners to go along with them.
5) Configuration that lets you adjust possible loot, spawn rates of ships, appearance of "iceberg like" rocks, and chances for different ship types if you add more.
Quote from PengoPenguinIt would just be for convince. But if you want to do it soon, i sugest not AP is working on allot of changes. I just requested it as an idea to keep in mind
Quote from PolifroegThanks for replying The modpack is based on the four elemental armies (water and ice, fire and darkness, air and lightning and earth and nature) It will be set in medieval times There will be a big server (the official one) which we will actually have the 4 armies and will have large scale wars shops, tournamets(jousting gladiator fights, horse racing.) and much more Of course we will provide a link to here and give u the credit in the post Thanks again
Quote from BlueChoco
1) Pre-release, snapshot, whatever you want to call it. It's not the "final" product, unless they otherwise state it. Which can always change depending on issues. Also yes while they can afford in-house bug testing, don't you think the public can break it faster? Usually people are doing all sorts of tasks, that even serious bug testers might not think about. You have countless people willing to bug test, report and give feedback on releases. I'm sure they felt that 1.4.4 would have been it, until they ran into some clear issues.
2) Even with say.. 10-30 bug testers (low example), would they find everything possible that's wrong? Compared to the thousands of bug testing players, I don't really think that's a fair comparison in all honesty. Players will do anything and everything differently, especially in such a diverse game such as Minecraft.
3) That's mostly of course how people are, always want everything but refuse to compromise. Would you learn Java to help them solve things faster? Not likely or no is usually an answer, also people are prone to mistakes. Not to mention they want the game to evolve, while also fixing things which of course leads to problems. Just it's better than some companies, who make full upgrades cost you. Those "fixes" come in the form of expansions, while adding in their own problems too. Which take countless ages to even be addressed.
Unfortunately we have to patch Minecraft again, this time to fix the broken LAN server functionality. Good news is that this only affects the client, so 1.4.5 clients will be able to play on 1.4.4 servers without any problems.
- Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
- Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
- … and fixes for MC-2507, MC-2508, MC-2500, and MC-2498
Download the pre-release here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
This release will be uploaded to the launcher on Tuesday next week (November 20).
Quote from AznaktaX
Oh, yes, you do!
Even if some mods are still working, there is always a risk!