The Minecraft Realms section is for sharing and inviting players to your realm. Below are some tips to advertise your Realm.
So, you're looking for advice about how to format your multiplayer thread? Or perhaps you'd like to optimize your existing thread to garner more views? In this guide, we will cover the very basics of creating a clear and well presented multiplayer thread.
The aim of a multiplayer thread is to entice players to join your game or help with your projects. To do this, we have to start from the very beginning:
Your thread title is important
The title of your thread is incredibly important in attracting people to your topic. Here is a list of ways to clearly format your titles:
- Always create a clear, to the point title Threads which do not have a clear title often look messy and unprofessional.
- Include key details about your game or project in the title, using [prefixes] Are you playing Survival? if so, put [Survival] in the title. Maybe you have specific type of Survival server. Maybe you have factions. in this case add [Factions] to the title. Perhaps your game is geared towards PVP? Add [PVP] to the topic title. If you often run building contests, add [Contests] to the title. If you are looking for friends, staff or need help building something? We have [Friends], [Staff] and [Builder(s)] prefixes also.
- To Add Prefixes to a New Thread
- To add Prefixes to an already created thread.
Titles which clearly display your game name, or purpose for your thread.
- [Survival] [Factions] [PVP] Kingdom Quest
- [Builder(s)] [Staff] Minigames
- [Friends] [Help] New to Minecraft
Titles which are unclear, messy and non-descriptive.
- JOIN NOW!
- WE NEED ONE MORE!
- ATTENTION: More players needed!
The contents of your thread should be inviting, clear and descriptive
The layout and look of your thread is equally as important as your thread titles. Let's list a few things which will help your multiplayer thread stand out and shine:
- Imagery Having either a banner, logo or some form of an image at the top of your thread is a big plus. This will be the first thing potential members see and are drawn towards. Images and videos elsewhere in the thread will help a lot too.
- Introduce your game or request A short (or long if you prefer) introduction is important to explain exactly what your game or request is all about. If you're focused on PVP and fighting stuff, make this clear in your opening text. If you're more geared towards co-operative building, add this within your introduction. If you need help, let people know exactly what you need help with.
- List your Realm's features Do you have a list of jobs that your game has? If so, this would be a good time to list them. Similarly, if you have a list of member ranks, put them beneath your intro.
- Rules Being clear about your rules is incredibly important. Display them somewhere in your thread, or you may find people just do what they want.
- Provide an application form The best way to invite players into your game is to provide them with a list of questions to answer. This helps them know you're serious and helps you know who may soon be a part of your game.
- Application form example:
Why you want to join:
How you'd contribute:
- Keep the text formatting simple and clean Format your threads nicely, but don't overuse bold, underline, excessively large fonts or a crazy amount of colours. Threads which over use text formatting can look messy and amateur.
That's it for now. If you have any questions or suggestions about formatting multiplayer threads, feel free to add them as a reply to this thread.
This is not a recruitment thread. All posts looking to join a realm or using this post to advertise will be removed.