R133?? No sorry, only the latest versions
- Registered Member
Member for 2 years and 29 days
Last active Fri, Nov, 6 2020 04:13:03
- 0 Followers
- 37 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 31, 2020 Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sep 14, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Just a small correction on this.....I think. It is the End Fortress that is thrown 10,000 blocks from spawn. I do think he has made it so that if you spawn in, or beside, a desert or a jungle biome that there won't be a temple right beside your spawn point, but they will still exist in the biome that you spawned in/beside. They will just be out a view so that you have to explore a bit from your base before you find it.
This is true, Temples generate I believe 2000 blocks or more away from world spawn.
Yeah Phase Spiders are a real pain. almost made me quit that mod, too, until I managed to kill a few.
Nowadays they are still a major enemy, but I can manage to win most of the time. Only sucks that after each Phase spider battle i must go back to base for repairs, they really end up costing you tons of metal.
I found out that these tricks help:
- Play R196 or another very "late" release: it feels that they are a bit less "godly" in the later releases than when they were first introduced.
- Unless really high level and well armored, don't take any chance, the INSTANT you hear the their teleportation sound, don't look around and immediately turn back and run far away ASAP. Come back much later wen they have despawned. Heck, even when the sound is an Enderman that is teleporting, don't waste any time "waiting" to check if you really hear the sound a 2nd time: RUN!
- Stand in a corner, place blocks if needed. If you strike the front of the spider, it nearly always teleport away. If you can strike if from the side enough or from behind, you can kill it much more easily.
- Stand in a spot where you can jump up (i.e. not in a spot where you hit the ceiling when you jump). You need to jump up to strike them btter, simply because it helps you strike them from the sides/back much more than striking without jumping.
- Stand in a spot 1 high above the ground. Again, elevation provides some "angle" which makes striking them from sides/back easier.
- Jump a LOT while striking like mad.
- If already died once, then being very low level (1 or less) and wearing cheap armor so that you can survive more than 2 bites can allow you to EVENTUALLY get rid of them, after tons of deaths. If intending to strike back, be at least level 0 and with a sword or whatever can kill them in a single shot.
- Standing in 2+ deep still water always work: When a spider is swimming in sufficiently deep water, it cannot teleport at all! This makes killing them trivial. Good luck finding 2 deep water, though. You can create your own "Phase Spider water trap", but it's going to end up costing you a lot of XP + digging. Ideal trap is a 1 wide tunnel, with a 1x1 "dry" (or 1 deep) spot at the end where you stand, and a 3 long tunnel for the watery area. Thus, 2 water sources with a space in between. Since to have 2-deep water you need water that "regenerates", this means also having a 3rd water source that is placed between the first two, but 1 block to the side (diagonally). bigger water areas work better.
- Wear THORNS enchanted armor. Every phase spider attack, it will take 1 damage back, and phase spiders have very few hit points. Thus, they will quickly kill themselves trying to bite you! You can thus easily survive (albeit being damaged). Thorns is an overall very crappy enchantment (I think it "wears out" armor much faster, and metal is so so rare in MITE!), but against vs Phase Spiders, it's wonderful.
- Run away naked at level or 1 or less while jumping as much as you can, to lead it far enough away from where it first killed you, say in a side dark corridor or even all the way to the surface and far away from the tunnels entrance. If is stops running after you, but was not pulled far enough, you again try to pull it to you even further away until it is far enough. Then you just let it kill you: even if you could escape, you're probably already half-dead and starving anyway, easier and faster to just die and respawn and that will cost you only 20 XPs. Then you go grab your stuff (might have to do it again if there were several of these damned critters there). And then go mine well away from there! But not too much: You want the chunks with the spiders to remain loaded, so that they will eventually despawn (it can take a long time). if you hear then teleporting gain, that "resets" their despawn time, which means you got too close.
- Play with a friend! While one of you guys closes himself up in a 1x1 area where the spider can still see him but not attack him and "aggro" close to the wall (use fences, cobble walls, whatever to block their pathing but not their sight, so ... don't use slabs!), the other player remains further away to the spider than his friend is, and that means he can "semi-safely" strike from behind the spider, but from as far as possible, ideally with a scythe, because of the extra reach. Not guaranteed to work but that can helps, especially if you can move in VERY quickly, before it jumps away again (probably to attack him!).
Completely useless tactics:
- Trying to shoot it.
- Trying to make it hurt itself on lava, to suffocate it with falling block, or blow it up with TNT.
What I did not try:
- Try to put it in fire with Flint n Steel.
- Attack with a Scythe: having more reach than a sword might help striking it before it bites you!
- Trying different kinds of weapons. Maybe Warhammers work better than swords? Dunno.
- Throwing a Blindness potion at them. Since they need to "see" you to be able to teleport away, maybe this works. Only problem, is that these super-wasting-your-inventory-space-single-use potions are even further late game than permanent magical items (weird, I know).
My own conclusion:
Like several stuff in MITE, Phase Spiders are a very unbalanced feature.
Some MITE features should definitely be "harder and/or costlier". For example, how sticks end up costing 10 times less wood per damage dealt than the "more advanced" Clubs, or how even chickens are the easiest to build an protect, and feed, and breed, and yet they make the most food because they lay eggs like madmen (even after the nerf).
Phase Spiders is one just of those features that should be made easier.
There is just no known way to "deal" with them in even a semi-reliable fashion that doesn't involve extremely hard to get prerequisites:
- 2 deep water: Huuuuuge setup time to make a trap that will, 9 times out of 10, be too far away for you to reach before being killed anyway.
And good luck finding a subterranean water pond that is close enough to you while you are randomly mining!
Sure you can make a Phase Spider trap every 100 block...In that case I suggest you say goodbye to your repair-metal because digging all that will waste your warhammers fast. and your Xps, too, because at 300 XP a pop this is definitely not a cheap trap to make.
- Thorn armor: Suuure, because magic is not very far into the game, right?
My "balance fix" would involve some kind of non-negligible-cost "consumable" that allows striking the Phase Spiders.
Say, you eat a semi-rare (non farmable) surface item or rare mob drop and you become "phased" for a few seconds, able to kill the spiders easily.
And you can go explore to try to "load-up" on those consumables before going mining.
If Avernite programmed-in a better way to defeat them, well, nobody found it yet.
As they are though, it's a "damn flee and pray!" completely unbalanced mob.
Haha yeah Phase Spiders are awful, I generally just run away nowadays if I can and never go back lol
Jul 11, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Do you know what the cap is on enchants?
You can repair an enchanted weapon/pickaxe right?
Sorry I can't remember what it's called, the one before the netherworld with the ancient metal? I build the portal on bedrock like I'm supposed to, if i want a better spawn will i just have to build another portal 1000 blocks away on bedrocl again?
Jul 8, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Is there a difference in performance between a emerald or diamond enchanter?
Can Lapis Lazul be used for anything?
What's the best use of redstone other than compass/map/watch?
Is the otherworld just a luck portal like the underworld? Like hope for a cave spawn? I spawned in a large clear area and automatically died. Should i just go 1000 blocks away, dig down and try again?
Jul 8, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Informative as always Ouatcheur,
Can you insert dirt into a desert biome for a floor that can be bonemealed and have a chicken/cow pen on desert that's workable with water?
Do you know the deal with a server in regards to crops growing and animals regaining milk etc, my farm is just out of line of sight from my base and it doesn't seem to grow much or at all unless I'm around the area?
I apparently have everything i need to spawn a village now, do i just go to a plains that i haven't been to before? Or will a village spawn in any biome?
Jun 8, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Ah sorry, I mean what's your general strategy?
When I last played(Quite a while ago) I didn't realise that bone meal speeding up of plants was removed and only bone meal blight curing was enabled so i gave up on farming after planting my potatoes and just used salad + meat for meals.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.