- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 9 months, and 21 days
Last active Fri, Jun, 3 2016 01:18:17
- 0 Followers
- 263 Total Posts
- 28 Thanks
Jan 7, 2014My ocd is gonna hate the 3 door thing. Not that it's a bad idea, just that I'm never going to get that prefect 64 stack (it's already bad enough with slabs, lol). Honestly I think 2 would have been just fine, or 4 if they wanted to make them cheaper. Though I really don't even know what you would do with that many doors by that point.Posted in: Future Updates
But hopefully this mean there will be more door colors next update, omgggg.
Nov 4, 2013Haven't done one of these in awhile. Not much has changed, but some has.Posted in: Future Updates
- Wood colors for doors and fences
- Seconding the idea for bigger doors (gates?) in general
- Harden Clay stairs and slabs
- Colored beds
- More stone walls
- More stone/quartz types
- New ores or gemstones
- Improved villager AI
- Zombie nerf (I don't recall they ever fixed this yet)
- Ocean content
- New bosses (ones that don't grief everything in sight, preferably)
- Awesome loot/rewards for killing said bosses
- More things in the Nether
- New biomes and tree types are cool too, why not
....Yeah I seem to be more of a builder. Oops.
Aug 6, 2013At this current moment actually, I really hope they do implement cherry trees.Posted in: Future Updates
Since biome changes have already been confirmed, oceans are probably going to at least get something since there is going to be changes made to fishing, the only other feature really left in the dark right now (that's been poked at by staff recently) is the possibility of cherry trees.
Aside from the fact there hasn't been a new tree added to the game in about two years now...if they get a new plank color and it looks anything like the cherry wood from BoP, I may have found a new favorite wood type besides spruce.
So yeah, that would be really cool.
May 23, 2013Aesthetic/Cosmetic featuresPosted in: Future Updates
- Door and fence textures for the other wood colors (I don't even mind if it requires an additional crafting recipe to get it, this mod does it just fine)
- Stained glass
- Colored beds
- Actual tables/chairs/cupboards
- More light source variety (I love glowstone, I love redstone lamps, but I wish there was more textures for each so I don't always have to use the same ones. Also lanterns, campfires, or anything that isn't a torch, but not a block either.)
- A black variation of the quartz block. Obsidian (and eventually coal) looks good too, especially on the texture pack, but obviously they weren't really intended as a building material. At least in vanilla.
- Sandstone walls, Quartz walls, just... more stone walls in general.
- Hopefully hardened clay can be crafted into stairs and slabs too. The fact there's still no word of it is still a little concerning.
- Ocean/water content, please.
- New mobs always makes things more interesting
- New ores
- More dungeons/bosses
- Improved Villager/passive mob AI (farm animals really need to stop suffocating themselves on walls)
- Gravel beaches would be kinda nice to see again
- Nether content/biomes
- Just a terrain/biome overhaul to the overworld completely so that it looks more like ExtraBiomesXL/BWG/BoP/etc.
- And of course, ModAPI
That's all the things I can think of at the moment. Although I think my response could have easily just been anything. Despite the fact don't always agree with how Jeb and Dinnerbone decide to present the new features (the horse rarity and saddles still being a big debate at the moment), I still love pretty much anything they create, and each update does make Minecraft slightly better than it was.
Apr 25, 2013Grifstar posted a message on "Hardened clay" block and other changes officially added in the officially Added in 13w17a snapshotI'm a little disappointed that the 'harden clay' is a craftable only block. I'd really love to see it generate naturally in some biomes too.Posted in: Future Updates
Normal clay is already hard enough to collect as it is.
Apr 18, 2013Grifstar posted a message on Now that Dinnerbone is considering seasons, what sort of changes will you expect?- leaves changing color for autumn/winter (although I don't know how hard it will be to slowly change gradients, in game)Posted in: Future Updates
- slower crops in winter
- longer/shorter days
- snow in normal forests, maaaybe extreme hills and plains?
- change frequencies in rain (less in summer, more common autumn/spring, and winter in places that shouldn't have snow)
- seasonal mobs, maybe?
- surface snow can melt (opposed to right now only being possible with man made lights), taiga and tundra can actually have no snow in the summer.
Stuff like that I think
Apr 12, 2013... Does this mean we might finally get the zipline implement from over a year ago?Posted in: Future Updates
iirc it was something only Notch was considering about adding, so it probably has been scrapped long since by now. Still though, I would love to see this be an actual feature. It used to be a really good mod.
Apr 10, 2013Posted in: Future UpdatesQuote from RotomGuy
Someone on his twitter said its "fake difficulty", by seemingly making the game harder through waiting.
It wouldn't really make anything better, it would just make players have to spend more time making the second tier of tools which isn't good with night approaching.
If Wooden Tools were improved, then this idea might be a little better, but for now I am against it.
This this thiiiiiis. Thank you.
Apr 3, 2013Grifstar posted a message on BiblioCraft [v2.4.5]-Bookcases, armor stands, shelves, printing presses, seats, clocks, the Atlas and more! Updated 06/21/2018I'm having a little bit of trouble with the download for 1.5.1. Looks like MediaFire's doing. :|Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
EDIT: Oh good, I'm not the only one ;;
Mar 22, 2013Grifstar posted a message on Teds World Gen Mods - Realistic World Gen Alpha 1.3.2I think Gold is by far my newest favorite terrain, even more than other mods like ExtraBiomes and Biomes 'o Plenty due to the sheer simplicity of it (and how it's entirely vanilla blocks). I seriously have been waiting forever for this addition.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
That said though, I really hope the updates to it do something to the up the cave generation, as well as bring dungeons which seem entirely non existent. Also there's no birch or spruce wood either? Other than that, love it so far.
Feb 27, 2013I like the mix of the two, though if I really did have to pick a side it would be fantasy. Or rather... a fictional fantasy?Posted in: Discussion
The thing with fantasy settings is that you can still incorporate 'modern' technology through other means like steampunk or magic. The fact that redstone is never really explained how it works (or what it actually is ), other than it can be used to power devices and it glows, makes it easy to interpret it to whatever you want. That's one of the many joys of the game itself.
At the end of the day, the ssp is still all about being stranded in an un(or hardly) inhabitable world and trying not to die using whatever is given to you. It's not exactly something that can be locked into one certain time period.
- To post a comment, please login.
Dec 2, 2011Grifstar posted a message on Notch Steps Down, Jeb Takes Lead Developer Position for MinecraftDidn't see that one coming o:Posted in: News
Aug 18, 2011I see that new terrain/biome code is coming along nicely *A* (is it just me, or do mountains seem taller in this picture than usual?)Posted in: News
Yeah it kinda sucks that rives don't flow, I was hoping they would too but that might be hard to do without either completely changing how water behaves again or making a completely brand new water block just for rivers :| (maybe separate the difference by calling it fresh water and salt water).
Oh well, maybe it can get improved later on, I'm okay with the way it is now.
Aug 2, 2011Endermen sounds more ominous than Farlander, which fits the nature of them a lot better and makes them feel more unknown and mysterious. Even if it is just a spoof of Slenderman.Posted in: News
Farlander just sounds like a name someone would give somebody that's a different country or something.
Jul 20, 2011Posted in: NewsQuote from LePheel
Wow.. I'm disappointed in all of the people who are writing on this thread.
PLEASE READ MORE BEFORE YOU POST
Anyone who knows anything about the Adventure mode should understand it is just that.. a SEPARATE GAME MODE.
THIS WILL NOT AFFECT ALL YOUR SAVES
Quote from Wiki »Dubbed the Adventure Update, meant to flesh out the game a bit and make exploration and combat more rewarding. Note that this is not Adventure Mode.
How about you learn to read yourself, yes?
Permadeath sounds lame, though I can see it getting added hard/hardcore difficulty for those who want more of an edge to their game (And I'm not even sure how that'd work in SMP). I just don't like spending hours/days/weeks/months on a map in SSP only to lose it all forever because of one mistake. I also don't want to deal with stupid remarks of "Go play creative mode then if you want to build". What if I like doing both?
Everything else is fine(and workarounds like loosing all exp/levels instead), I just hope permadeath is optional in some way shape or form.
- To post a comment, please login.