- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 2 days
Last active Sat, May, 4 2013 04:09:49
- 0 Followers
- 41 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Sep 22, 2011Franpa posted a message on By the way, I will nerf the endermen block carrying. It was a horrible idea.I like the idea about a negative candle effect where they create a dark void for mobs to spawn around them but I'd take it one step further, make the void surrounding Endermen spawn enemies normally found in the Nether!Posted in: 1.8 Update Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Apr 12, 2011voordal posted a message on World Recovery Thread - I'll Fix Broken/Missing Worlds!Posted in: Java Edition SupportWORLD RECOVERY WEBSITE! GO HERE!
--->>> MCSaver.net <<<---
DO NOT POST YOUR REQUEST ON THIS THREAD! I PROBABLY WONT SEE IT!
Faster, better, more efficient service and communication. use the MCSaver.net website. I dont check this forum often. If you post it here, expect a week+ fix time!
Over 2500 fixed so far!
As wonderful as Minecraft is, sometimes crap happens and you end up losing all your precious work. Sometimes someone just built something cool, or have spent months and months building their world. It's not just time spent, but it's art. If something gets lost, rebuilding it never quite seems the same.
I provide map support for ALL map versions:
Retail 1.2 - 1.4 maps (Anvil)
Retail 1.0-1.1 maps (MCRegion)
Beta 1.9 Pre / RC2 maps
Beta 1.8 maps
Beta 1.3-1.7 maps
Beta 1.2 and earlier (prior to MCRegion)
Things I can LIKELY fix:
- World save disappeared from minecraft, but the save file still exists in your computer
- World immediately goes to "Saving Chunks" when you load it, or does that when you walk near a particular area
- World loads normally, but you cant move, and mobs cant either, but you can still interact with your inventory and the environment you can reach
- Giant bedrock deep holes in your world
- Lag issues in SSP, or slow loading worlds
- Items in inventory or in chests from old mods causing the game to crash
- Massive (hundreds) of mob or animal spawns
- Often can fix 'null pointer' errors from SMP
What I CANT fix:
- Launcher, Java, Video Driver, OpenGL errors, or Minecraft crashing due to mods, or issues with internet or server latency issues.
- Account or Website problems
What I NEED:
DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. USE THE WEBSITE MCSAVER.NET
If you for some reason absolutely can't use mcsaver.net, then provide the following here:
-A small description of your problem, eg "My world disappeared" or "I cant move" or "My game crashed and I cant play now"
- What version your world is, Retail 1.1, 1.2+, Beta 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9
- World Type (Survival or Creative)
-A zip file of your save. (How do I do this?)
What to EXPECT during/post fix
- Worlds that disappear will lose their seed. There is no way to avoid this as far as I'm aware. A new one will be given, however it will cause strange terrain generation and change in biomes. If you have the seed, or know the seed name the world was generated with, or have an old backup, please provide it.
- Worlds that disappear will also lose their personal inventory (Not stuff in chests). If you had anything important, please provide that info. I will provide a complimentary 'care pack' on all corrupted worlds.
- Fix time varies depending on how busy I am. Sometimes I can get them back within the hour. Sometimes it may take up to a day or two. If for some reason it is more than 2 days, and I haven't given a reason why, ask or resubmit. Sometimes things get lost in the mix. PLEASE USE MCSAVER.NET FOR FASTER SERVICE. I DO NOT CHECK THE FORUMS OFTEN.
KEEP IN MIND
- While I may be able to fix these issues, I have no idea how to prevent them. My best recommendation is to BACK UP YOUR SAVE. Once a week is fine. More if you like. If your world goes corrupt again, either just post again or use the fixed version I provided.
- I don't and can't gaurantee anything. Sometimes acts of the digital gods are beyond our power to alter.
- I do not work for, or communicate with Mojang. I'm simply providing a service
- This is all stuff people can, in theory, fix on their own. I enjoy doing this even if it seems like it keeps me busy. If you want to know what I do, feel free to ask.
- If the above 'can and cants' dont fit your problem criteria, feel free to ask. I have ten years of professional computer tech background. The worst that can happen is being told "I'm not sure how to fix that, try going here or there"
Please please please do not post a comment to my profile to contact me, as I likely won't see it. Either post in the thread, or even better, use my website so I will be notified immediately.
Also! Donations! Do you like my work? Did I save you months of building? Do you want to make me happy AND do a good service? I accept paypal donations of any type. Every month, half of all donations will be given to Child's Play Charity, a charity that helps get toys, games, and cool stuff to children's hospitals.
I recently did an audit of the majority of the worlds I've fixed, and came up with these numbers. Out of ~1350 worlds, the breakdown looks like this:
"Other" includes changing seeds, upgrading, mod problems, deleting old mod items, void issues, getting lost and moving characters, and other odds and ends that are few and far between.
Aug 5, 2011YoureDown posted a message on [Before posting] Simple solutions to most minecraft problems!This topic will contain the answers to most problems with minecraft, including mod problems.Posted in: Legacy Support
[center][EDIT] Will be taking a break for a little time, since I have tons of physics and comp. science tests. I hope to come back and help you soon![/center]
[center] If i do not answer within a few days, the answer to your problem is in my original post.
[center] Part 1 - General info [/center]
Problem: Where is the force update button?
Problem: I dont have this launcher. how can i get it?
Solution: click the first download link here: Minecraft.net download page
[center]Part 2 - Connection problems[/center]
Problem: Can't connect to minecrcraft.net
Solution: The servers are either currently down, overloaded, or your internet connection was off whn trying to connect. try again a couple of times and if it doesnt work just wait.
Problem: User not premium.
Solution: you either did not buy the game (duh), but if you bought the game and this is still happening, this is probably a bug, which i do not know as much as other problems. but my advice is to restart minecraft, and try again a few times. also, check if minecraft.net knows you bought the game by going to this link: Minecraft has paid check and in the site URL insert at the username= your username.
Problem: When connecting to a server, i get this error: "server outdated!"
Solution: The server you are trying to connect to is running a different version then your client, and basicly you can not connect to it until it updates or you downgrade.
[center] part 3 - Game errors/crashes [/center]
Problem: When i launch minecraft i get a black screen!
Solution: If you installed a mod, you probably missed one needed mod (mod loader, audio mod etc..) and now it does not work. To fix this, open the minecraft launcher, press options, and click on force upadte. then start the game, and minecraft will download a fresh copy. next install the mods correctly.
Problem: You installed the mods correctly, but you still get a crash/blackscreen.
Solution: Did you delete the META-INF folder inside minecraft.jar when installing? if not, again, force update, install the mods, and delete META-INF found inside the minecraft.jar file.
Problem: I installed X mods, deleted meta-inf, installed the must have mods, but i still get blackscreens! HELP!
Solution 1: There are mods that must be installed before others, i.e modloader+audio mod+GUI API. you MUST first install mod loader, after that audio mod, and only then GUI API, or else it wont work.
Solution 2: Some mods are not compatible with other mods. this in-compatibility may come from using the same item ID's, modding the same .class file, etc... if the X mods you installed do not work with each other, and you followed the instuctions, they are probably in-compatible. sorry, no solution here. you should point out the mod that does not work with the other one to its creator, so he can try and fix it.
Problem: I play minecraft, and when i open a chest, the game crashes!
Possible solution: If you had mods that add items to the game, this probably is the cause. you have an item in the chest, that does not exist in the game, you can not open the chest until you re-install the mod.
Easy solution: If the chest is not near wood, what I usually do, is put lava over the chest, and destroy the chest. the game will crash, but when you get back into the game, the chest and the item will be gone. WARNING! back up your world before doing this, since there is a very small chance the item will not burn. in that case, download MCedit and edit the chest+item out of the game.
Problem: I get massive lag. what can i do?
Solution 1: The simplest solution is to set your video settings to:
Graphics: Fast Smooth lighting: OFF 3danaglyph: OFF GUI Scale: auto Render distance: start with normal. move down if lag continues. Performence: MAX FPS / BALANCED View bobbing: does not matter Advanced openGL: OFF!!!
Solution 2: If the above does not work, close other programs running in the background.
Solution 3: If the above does not work, download optimine+optifog.
Solution 4: If the above does not work, Upgrade your PC/MAC. it can not handle the game.
Solution 5 (Best solution): Open notepad, type:
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar
or for more RAM:
java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar minecraft_server.jar
Problem: I cant open my world! WHAT THE?
Solution: The world is probably corrupt. some reasons for this are:
- Modded blocks
- A power surge.
- Minecraft crashing while playing a world
- Java crashing
- and others.
Problem: I did everything you said, but i still get lots of lag!
Solution: If you have a mod that adds mobs to the game, generates the land differently, or changes game mechanics, it is probably the reason. the more laggy mod combinations are:
- Mo' creatures + More creeps and weirdos
- Industrial craft + Mo' something mods
- Nuke tnt mod + any physics mods
[IMPORTANT] Do not delete the .class files the mod adds or anything like that. force update, and re-install the mods without the laggy mod.
Minecraft Windows XP folder locations:
Problem: When launching the game i get an error! what can i do?
Solution: Force update. If does not work, upadte java @ java website
[center] Part 4 - Server problems! [/center]
Problem: No one can connect to my server!
Solution: You need to port forward your router. You can find a tut on how to do this here:Portforward.com.
You need to port forward the following port: 25565 TCP/UDP.
Problem: I connect to my own server, and its laggy.
Solution 1: Instead of typing your own IP adress, type: 'localhost' (without the ' ').
Solution 2:Your PC may not be strong enough to support a server, client etc...
Problem: How can people connect to my server?
Solution: You must give them your external IP adress found here: IP Chicken. WARNING! do not give away your IP adress to everyone! This is a very important piece of info, and hackers may hack you! carefull!
Problem: I dont want to use port 25565! what can i do?
Solution: In the server.properties file, change server-port:25565 to anything you want. but make sure that when people connect to you, they type this: [Your IP]:[PORT] or else they wont connect.
[center] Part 5 - Seeds [/center]
Problem: I want to find out the numeric seed of my world! how can i do that?
Solution: Go to: seed scope and upload your saves level.dat which is located here:
Problem: I entered a seed someone used, but it doesnt work!
Solution: Seeds are case-sensitive (Seed ≠ seed). be sure you entered exactly the same seed.
Problem: I entered a seed someone used exactly like he typed, and i am not where he was!
Solution: While seeds generate the same land, Spawns are random, so you may spawn far from the other players spawn.
Feel free to correct me, add new problems, ask for help, and basicly do anything you want.
Also, to mods reading, Can you sticky this? I think this is important! and secondly, how can i request sticky? lol.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.