- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 11 months, and 20 days
Last active Fri, Jun, 28 2013 19:26:25
- 0 Followers
- 600 Total Posts
- 23 Thanks
Jan 2, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Darkhawkz7z
Read the bold letters on the first page! He has updated his post and guess what it said...
Please stop begging for updates.
Listen or this thread will get locked again.
sometimes I think that you should have to pass a test to be able to get on the internet.
Dec 17, 2011Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from Lord_N
In essence, the core of my argument is that people are supposed to influence the Government, not have the Government influence the people. (I think-forgive me, I've had an incredibly long and tiring day)
I think your forgetting who voted in the people in power. The people did. Senators, congressmen, Presidents, all of these positions were created as a public figure who would make decisions in favor of our ideas. Black rights is one of them. Most of the people in the North, who were not racist by the way, wanted this amendment to be passed. It was.
Government was not deciding in favor of themselves, they were deciding in favor of open-minded people.
Someone said earlier, "Should murder not be illegal then; as people should find for themselves that killing others is bad?". You shot this idea down, saying that death could not be recovered from.
Here is mine: Should assault & battery, rape, etc not be illegal then; as people should find for themselves that beating others is bad?
All of that can be recovered from, with time. The same as racism. But is it right to allow it to happen, without persecution?
Government: The system by which a nation, state, or community is governed.
You do not fully understand what a government was originally created to be. It was created as a system to help society abide by principles. Without it, people would do what they wanted, because they know that they would not be charged or arrested. If we got rid of laws that said discrimination in public is illegal, then people would be overstepping their own bounds, and history would repeat itself.
Nov 22, 2011Fiarwire posted a message on [Site/Userscript] Deadfly, the adf.ly/adcraft.co bypasser!The only thing I find sick is people profiteering off of simple changes in the game or stupid tutorials. Also, adfly links in your sig have to be the lamest thing I have seen since cod.Posted in: Hardware & Software Support
Oct 26, 2011Fiarwire posted a message on PC vs Console. (Which is better?) STATE VALID ARGUMENTS.Posted in: Computer Science and TechnologyQuote from xBm
Once more, I will state that if you are poor, then that is too much for you.
I'm not arguing poor vs rich, I don't know what you are getting at. Mayhaps you believe me to be poor?
I am arguing price. No one said it was too much, I am saying that if you are willing to blow cash on $60 a game, you might as well get a pc, which in the long run is cheaper.
Quote from xBm
I'm rather positive your avatar defines your face about the price.
I am rather positive that the only face defining avatar on the minecraft forums is yours.
Oct 15, 2011BudgetPosted in: Computer Science and Technology
If you are willing to put down some cash on a laptop, the asus g series is great.
- To post a comment, please login.
Apr 10, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
*** The Total Conversion That is Incompatible With Everything!!! ***
[*** WHAT IS BETTER THAN WOLVES? ***]
Better Than Wolves is a "total conversion". This differs from most mods that you are probably used to in that it changes many of the rules of play to provide a richer experience, rather than just adding in new stuff. What makes it special however, is that it always attempts to do so in a way that retains the original spirit of the game, perhaps even more so than the newer official releases.
It focuses both on challenging survival play, and player creativity in terms of never providing "magic block" solutions to in game problems. Instead, it provides basic tools and leaves it to the player to figure out how to use them to get the job done.
In short, Better Than Wolves is a vision of what Mincraft could have been, designed by a very serious player, for other like minded individuals.
NOTE: With the closing and archiving of the Minecraft forums, I've trimmed down this first post to not contain any information that may change with time (such as latest version). If you'd like to stay up to date with the mod, I'd suggest checking out the BTW forums linked below.
[**** Official Forum ****]
NOTE: Registration to the BTW forum is not always open. It is closed during periods of particularly high activity to prevent trolling and general chaos. If you can't register, please just try again at a later date.
If you'd like to join the Better Than Wolves community and engage in meaningful conversation about the mod, you can find us here:
Better Than Wolves Official Forum
I warn you though, I'll ban you at the drop of a hat, so if you join us there, make sure to be on your best behavior and generally act like a reasonable human being.
[*** BTW Wiki ***]
If you have additional questions about the mod that aren't covered in this post, you can also consult the Better Than Wolves wiki:
Better Than Wolves Wiki
Keep in mind though, that it is community maintained, so the information found there is not always up to date.
(Thanks to sargunster for setting this up, and to the whole Better Than Wolves community for contributing to it!)
Oct 25, 2011iamtommo posted a message on [1.0.0] Wilderness [Trapping, Survival, and Hunting]Posted in: Minecraft ModsWilderness
By Tommo Current Version: 0.46 Compatible with: 1.0
What is Wilderness mod?
Wilderness is a new mod in development by Tommo emphasing and improving upon the theme of survival, hunting, and trapping. It will bring a new element into minecraft and hopefully stimulate some adventurous minds!
CREDITS TO PIEDUDEAUS, MINEMAPPER, WIPPER1799 AND FLAMINGARSE1 - and others! FOR THE VIDEOS <3
Spikes are a utility block in Wilderness mod to aid you in your aims of trapping. They will only do moderate damage if an animal or mob touches it. Spikes do not downgrade or destroy upon contact with a mob!
The Deadly Trap, hence the name, is a very deadly trap. It can only be triggered by an animal or a mob and will instantly kill the victim. The trap will then be triggered. An un-triggered deadly trap will drop if you destroy the triggered trap.
You can now splatter the blood of your victims!
WARNING: Blood will stay on the ground until you wash it off with water!
The pocket knife is currently only used for re-arming deadly traps which have been triggered, however many more uses will come for this item.
The trip wire can be triggered by any living creature(including you!) and will send a constant redstone signal. The block can be destroyed and re-placed. Later versions will only trigger rope.
Rope is the wilderness equivalent of redstone. At the moment rope has the exact same functionality as redstone and is just to give more of a 'wilderness' feel, however in later updated wilderness items will be limited to being only powered by rope.
The camouflage floor is a very useful block, it has the same texture and biome colour as grass, however has a few holes in to signify it's not grass. In later updates this will be a useful utility to put around bait etc. It's crafted with 8 blocks of leaves. Camouflage blocks will destroy upon falling through them.
The campfire can be thought of as the portable furnace, however, the campfire will only use wood (NOT PLANKS) as fuel. (wood duration as a fuel has been increased therefore.). A long as the campfire has fuel in it, it will always burn regardless of whether it has something to cook or not.
Sheeps now drop mutton opon death, cook mutton for it to heal more.
Giant tree's will generate occasionally, these mighty tree's have trunks 4 blocks wide!
The bait spike is a new block which has 9 slots which allow you to place bait inside to attract different animals. Bait attracts animals at a range similar to how far a zombie will detect you. Here is a list of bait for different animals:-
Cow - wheat and seeds.
Chicken - wheat and seeds.
Sheep - wheat and seeds.
Pig - cooked beef, chicken, pork and mutton.
Zombie - rotten flesh.
Skeleton - bones.
Creeper - gunpowder.
Spider/Cavespider - cooked pork.
Enderman - ender pearl.
The spike fall is a block which drops 3-6 spikes when triggered by a redstone current. Each spike can do up to 2 DAMAGE to the PLAYER and ANY CREATURES.
The tomahawk is a throwing weapon which does alot of damage upon impact.
WARNING: TOMAHAWK IS IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT AND IF NOT FINISHED - BUT WORKS.
The chute will attract items within an 8 block radius and will store them into an inventory which can be opened by right clicking the chute.
Berry bushes spawn randomly in the world and come with either no berries, red berries or purple berries, when harvested with a POCKET KNIFE the bush will drop 6-12 of it's corresponding berries.
Berries are harvested from berry bushes by using a POCKET KNIFE, they heal 1 hunger each.
Beehives will randomly spawn in a high tree in your world. When destroyed, beehives drop honeycombs, which can be eaten straight away or put on bread to heal alot more.
Bees will also come out of the beehive and will attack and poison you, so be careful!
Animals now breed together automatically, each animal can only produce up to 3 offspring to prevent overcrowding.
NOTE: Heart effects have been removed - hand breeding still works, you just wont see the hearts!
- Fixed particle bugs.
- Added automatic animal breeding.
- Bee's and beehives.
- Updated for 1.0
- New deadly trap mechanics and model
- Blood now stains the floor until washed off with water.
- Chute system, attracts nearby items and stores them.
- Re-done the bait attraction system, now alot better.
- Berry bushes
- Tomahawk (very early version, still bugged).
- Spike fall.
- Campfires take 1.5x longer to cook stuff than a furnace.
- Wood lasts alot longer in campfires.
- Campfires now burn as long as they have fuel (regardless of anything to cook).
- Campfires now only use WOOD as fuel.
- ALOT of bugfixes.
- Bait Spike which animals corresponding to bait.
- Drops no longer drop 2 of themselves.
- Added bait.
- Added a campfire.
- Added giant trees.
- Added mutton.
- Blood now stains.
- New textures - THANKS FLAMINGARSE1 (dunno what your minecraft name is)
- Alot of bug fixes.
- Camouflage flooring now destroys when you fall through it.
- Trees now have a small chance to drop a leaf block - used in camouflage floors.
- Camouflage flooring.
- Added tripwire, currently sends a constant redstone signal when triggered, later versions will only trigger rope.
- A few bugfixes.
- Added pocket knife
- Triggered deadly traps now can be re-armed by using a pocket knife on it.
- Added deadly traps with 2 states, active and triggered, these will kill your victim instantly.
- Added a blood splatter system. The blood will splatter when you damage the mob in any way.
- Got the base code down and added a simple trapping utility: spikes.
Download & installation
Download: http://adf.ly/41Hc5 (wait 5 seconds and click 'skip ad', also if you support my work feel free to click an ad if your feeling generous :smile.gif:).
Download Mirror: http://adf.ly/42zLn
1.8.1 Download: http://adf.ly/3kY5N
Instructions: Download the Wilderness mod files from one of the download locations above, then open up your minecraft.jar file with winrar or 7zip, then drag and drop the files inside of your downloaded file into your minecraft.jar.
Known Compatible Mods- IndustrialCraft2
- Eloraam's mods (all of them).
- Mo' Creatures
- POWER CRYSTALS' MODS - MINEFACTORY RELOADED 1.3.2
- The laser mod
- Wireless redstone
- Xp book
- TF2 Teleport and sentry
- Clay Soldiers
- Special armor
- Light sensor
- Single Player Commands
- Rei's Minimap
(Please report compatibilities and incompatibilities so i can list them).
If you would like to contact me regarding anything to do with the Wilderness mod, add me on skype: iyf-tommo
P.S. If anyone would like to improve the textures in this mod, feel free to send me a pm with the link to the texture and If it's better i'll replace it. Thanks, oh and make sure it's 16x16.
Compatible Texture packs
I have put many, many hours of unpaid time into this mod, if you are feeling generous or would just like to help me out, feel free to click the link above and donate, thankyou.
CREDITS: Notch and the Mojang team, Me, flamingarse, ModLoader, MCForge, James Gosling, earth.. woah woah woah..wait a second... im getting carried away here.
Sep 14, 2011hetmankp posted a message on A tool for merging Alpha/Beta/1.0+ maps (mcmerge v0.8.0 experimental)Posted in: Minecraft Toolsmcmerge v0.8.0 experimentalsupports Minecraft 1.8
I've been working on a tool to merge Minecraft worlds for anyone that wants to keep their old b1.7 world and continue playing it in b1.8, 1.0, etc. (Actually, this should work for maps all the way back to Alpha too!) The basic idea is fairly straightforward: put a river between old and new chunks so we don't get those horrible vertical walls, then smooth the surrounding terrain into a valley.
It requires two passes. First a step to trace the outline of the world before new chunks are added. Then once new chunks have been generated in game, you run the tool again to smooth out the transition between the two. You can run the tool multiple times if not all border chunks were generated on the first go.
It runs from the command line and requires Python. There are options available for controlling things like the level of smoothing, the width of the valley and river, etc. More instructions can be found in the project readme.
Project update: It's been a while since I've been active on this project. It relies on another project called pymclevel which is a Python library that can read Minecraft world saves (which was in turn part of the original MCEdit tool). Unfortunately that project was eventually abandoned, and by the time it was revived I had mostly lost interest in mcmerge and Minecraft in general. Since there were some improvements I had made to the tool that were never officially released, I decided I should make them more easily accessible to the community.
Version 0.7.1 should hopefully fix a crash that only some users were seeing that made the tool completely unusable on their worlds. Version 0.8.0 also adds support for most of the Minecraft 1.8 blocks. I had not done thorough testing on version 0.8.0 which is why it's marked experimental, but I don't expect any major problems. As for versions of Minecraft beyond version 1.8, this tool should still keep working fine (although it will ignore newer blocks) until the developers decide to make major changes to the world save format.
I don't currently have any plans to continue development on mcmerge, but if there's any serious show stopping bugs I'll be happy to take a look at them. For some reason my spam filter keeps eating up minecraftforum.net message notification e-mails no matter how many times I try to fix it, so it might be safest to raise major bug reports as issues on the GitHub project page.
--- Download mcmerge ---
Version 0.8.0 experimental
pywin32 (on Windows)
--- Download mcmerge for Windows ---
Version 0.2 (win32)
Version 0.3 (win32)
Version 0.4 (win32)
Version 0.4.1 (win32)
Version 0.5.0 (win32)
Version 0.5.1 (win32)
Version 0.5.2 (win32)
Version 0.5.3 (win32)
Version 0.6.0 (win32)
Version 0.6.1 (win32)
Version 0.6.2 (win32)
Version 0.6.3 (win32)
Version 0.7.0 (win32)
Version 0.7.1 (win32)
Version 0.7.2 (win32)
Version 0.8.0 experimental (win32)
Should be good to go as is. If another program hasn't already installed it, you will need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Note: The Windows version does not require you to download Python separately. Everything it needs is already included besides the redistributable package linked above.
--- Project ---
You can also take a look at the project source here.
I'd love to hear some feedback about the configurations that create the most interesting results.
Here's some screenshots of the results:
Check out the tutorial video put together by Durand1w:
Also here's another demo video of the results put together by Pjpuas:
--- Revision history ---
- Initial version
- Places a river at old/new chunk interface and smooths with low pass filter
- Fixed --help switch so it works without supplying world
- Ice is no longer treated as terrain to place river in
- Updated to latest version of pymclevel; better support for b1.8 blocks
- River corners now look rounder
- Fixed exception with very wide valley/river values
- Instead of exposed stone being transformed to dirt, the whole top layer is now shifted down; new switch controlling depth of this layer added
- Added win32 executable
- Random river weaving so rivers along straight segments don't look so artificial
- The SciPy library is no longer optional (for anyone using the script version)
- Updated pymclevel and added support for merging with 1.9pre blocks
- Removed floating trees are now replanted with an appropriate sapling
- Added a relighting step so there are no more dark areas under overhangs (no longer need postprocessing with MCMerge)
- Added a new phase for shifting the sea-height (no longer require MCMerge for this)
- Updated pymclevel and added support for merging with version 1.0.0 blocks
- Fixed crash when generating rivers in shallows
- Fixed shift mode so that player and spawn location are also shifted
- Modes are no longer specified by options but by a new mandatory parameter
- Added new mode 'relight' that does not alter the world but simply relights all chunks
- Made trace mode considerably more efficient
- Fixed packaging to include data and submodule files from new pymclevel
- Made trace mode considerably more efficient (for real this time)
- Fixed rare crash when placing river water
- Added support for Anvil map format
- Reorganised the command line interface for completely independent commands, much easier to find and use options
- New contour file format giving expanded merging abilities
- New merge mode to even out terrain topography without a river
- New merge mode allowing removed blocks below sea level to be replaced with water instead of air, i.e. water spills over onto coast
- Block shifting now delayed until merging step by default, i.e. possible to shift even after new chunks are generated
- New tracing options allowing different merge modes to be specified as well as advanced options to permit transitions between modes
- Better merging performance
- Fixed bug where water one block above sea level would not be removed while erroding terrain
- Fixed crash when empty contour data file was given
- The Win32 executable can now be run from any working directory
- Updated pymclevel for better Minecraft 1.3 support
- Algorithm recognises more blocks correctly (e.g. jungle trees)
- Updated pymclevel for better Minecraft 1.4 support
- Currently only Anvil map format supported for PC (convert older maps with Minecraft first or use v0.6.1)
- Updated pymclevel for better Minecraft 1.5 support
- Older maps (before Minecraft 1.2 Anvil format) still require conversion using Minecraft first
- Updated to support Minecraft 1.7
- Added support for double block height flowers
- Fixed code that replaces removed trees with saplings; previously some saplings were of the wrong kind while others didn't show up at all
- Fixed some other bugs to do with shifting down surface blocks
- New option to use dry rivers at the merge interface; use --river-dry option
- Updated Makefile so it doesn't attempt to build Windows specific stuff on other platforms
- Fixed crash due to immutable blocks
- Dry river bed option now an option on trace instead of merge step, i.e. merge --river-dry becomes trace -t dry
- Completely remove giant mushrooms
- Updated to support Minecraft 1.8 snapshot
- Huge mushrooms are now replanted as small mushrooms
Dec 31, 2011FlowerChild posted a message on [1.2.3] Legacy Better Then BuildCraft Thread (defunct)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
This thread is now defunct and out of date. Please join us on the new and improved BTB thread found here:
The New BTB Thread
Feb 20, 2012Posted in: Redstone Discussion and Mechanisms
Yep, I have it. But this is about what you can do in vanilla.
Jan 2, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Crawling_Chaos
I agree, preferably a literacy test for many seem unable to read a simple sentence.
Don... don,, don't? ok don't... as..s.k..ask? dont ask f..or, oh for, don't ask for... u-p d..day.. no... up...dayte? Oh update! -don't ask for update- Ok i guess i should ask for an update!!!!!
Ok all jokes aside i'm done going offtopic. Just felt like having a laugh :]
Jan 1, 2012Misticblade7 posted a message on [1.2.3] Legacy Better Then BuildCraft Thread (defunct)Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from lordzekrom
The technicpack is better anyway.
Except for the fact that I couldn't disagree more.
Dec 31, 2011FlowerChild posted a message on [1.2.3] Legacy Better Then BuildCraft Thread (defunct)Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Sawaski
Niiiiiiiiice grammatical failure in the title bro. I can't check this mod out now because of it.
Nice interpretive failure bro :smile.gif:
Dec 30, 2011ivyn posted a message on Why its our fault for what has happened to minecraftPosted in: 1.0 Update DiscussionQuote from Netherspawn
If we hadn't demanded anything from Mojang, Adventure Update would have been even bigger piece of ****.
Note that the nether was created when we weren't demanding things, along with dungeons and infinite terrain.
- To post a comment, please login.