I would like to suggest two tutorials for you to show us.
1) How to create multiple color variations for the same item or block. For example: the various colors of wool or the tree barks.
2) How to modify a pre-existing block or item already in the game. For example: Reducing the amount of iron ore in a world, changing the hardness of obsidian, or modifying the durability of a wooden axe.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 5 months, and 3 days
Last active Sat, Jun, 20 2015 11:23:52
- 0 Followers
- 31 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Oct 19, 2011Elyssia001 posted a message on [ModLoader][1.8.1] Strength's Tutorials/Help (28/11/11) *Generation*Posted in: Tutorials
Oct 18, 2011I'm waiting with baited breath for your next tutorial Muserae! Will it be how to generate ore? Or how to make a new type of stair/slab/fence? Or how to add a smelting recipe? Or even how to add a new type of crafting table/furnace thing. So suspenseful!Posted in: Tutorials
Oct 14, 2011I was curious what the average hardness and resistances for items and blocks where, so I put together a spreadsheet for myself. When I finished, I thought I would share with everyone else. It seems that resistance is innate to a block based on it's hardness, so resistance is only stated if it is greater than the innate resistance of the block's hardness.Posted in: Tutorials
grass 0.6F stone 1.5F 10F dirt 0.5F cobblestone 2.0F 10F planks 2.0F 5F sapling 0.0F bedrock -1F 6000000F waterMoving 100F waterStill 100F lavaMoving 0.0F lavaStill 100F sand 0.5F gravel 0.6F oreGold 3F 5F oreIron 3F 5F oreCoal 3F 5F wood 2.0F leaves 0.2F sponge 0.6F glass 0.3F oreLapis 3F 5F blockLapis 3F 5F dispenser 3.5F sandStone 0.8F music 0.8F bed 0.2F railPowered 0.7F railDetector 0.7F web 4.0F tallGrass 0.0F deadBush 0.0F cloth 0.8F plantYellow 0.0F plantRed 0.0F mushroomBrown 0.0F mushroomRed 0.0F blockGold 3F 10F blockSteel 5F 10F stairDouble 2.0F 10F stairSingle 2.0F 10F brick 2.0 10F tnt 0.0F bookShelf 1.5F cobblestoneMossy 2.0F 10F obsidian 10F 2000F torchWood 0.0F fire 0.0F mobSpawner 5F chest 2.5F redstoneWire 0.0F oreDiamond 3F 5F blockDiamond 5F 10F workbench 2.5F crops 0.0F tilledField 0.6F stoneOvenIdle 3.5F stoneOvenActive 3.5F signPost 1.0F doorWood 3F doorSteel 5F ladder 0.4F rail 0.7F lever 0.5F oreRedstone 3F 5F button 0.5F snow 0.1F ice 0.5F blockSnow 0.2F cactus 0.4F blockClay 0.6F reed 0.0F jukebox 2.0F 10F fence 2.0F 5F pumpkin 1.0F netherrack 0.4F slowSand 0.5F glowStone 0.3F portal -1F pumpkinLantern 1.0F cake 0.5F lockedChest 0.0F trapdoor 3F silverfish 0.75F stoneBrick 1.5F 10F mushroomCapBrown 0.2F muchroomCapRed 0.2F fenceIron 5F 10F thinGlass 0.3F melon 0.3F pumpkinStem 0.0F vine 0.2F fenceGate 2.0F 5F
Oct 14, 2011Thank you Muserae! Now I can combine all my little new blocks into a single mod. SO happy! I was trying to add them one block after another and I didn't understand why it didn't work.Posted in: Tutorials
I've been wanting to add new wood plank colors to my maps, when you have the time could you explain how to:
1) Edit/override pre-existing items or blocks to change their damage values or other values
2) How to use damage values.
Maybe that should be reversed? he he he. I have other suggestions as well if you are interested, but I don't wanna come off the wrong way.
Oct 13, 2011This is fantastic! You're thread is going to be my go-to tutorial!Posted in: Tutorials
You said multiple things can be added to the same mod, can you show us an example of how that would look please?
Oct 6, 2011Thank you for the tutorial. I'm not sure why, but I haven't been able to get any other tutorials to work until I found yours!Posted in: Tutorials
One question however; I built a wall with the block made in your tutorial, and I found out that I can't place a ladder on it. Can you explain why and how to toggle that?
Sep 23, 2011Elyssia001 posted a message on [Creating Mods] [ModLoader] Slymask3's Modding Tutorials [28/07/2011]Slymask3's I love your tutorials. Can we get one on modifying existing blocks to do new things? I.E. Having grass drop something in addition to seeds or making stone harder to break.Posted in: Tutorials
And can we also have a tutorial on creating new mobs?
Sep 13, 2011Elyssia001 posted a message on Mo' Creatures - v12.0.0 for Minecraft 1.12.1!! Now Opensource!!Any plans to add new mobs to this mod? I'd love to see gators and frogs for the swamp biomes. Could make a "sand gator"s and toads for desert biomes as well.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Gators would "hide" under water or sand until a player or tasty mob gets close, then they become visible and attack violently. If the mob or player escapes the initial attack, and gets out of the gator's "appear" range, the gator becomes passive again.
Gators attack anything that moves, including zombies, skele's, and creepers. They would drop hides to be used for armor, and teeth.
Frogs would be a passive mob that hops around and croaks. It would run from players who get close, but would die in a single hit. They would drop a pair of frog legs. The frog legs would hurt the player if eaten raw, and would fill 1/2 a food if eaten cooked.
Sep 13, 2011So I saw in the update that Jeb was working on making it so that there would be 3 strongholds per map. But for the big SMP servers, where the limit reaches 200 or more, it seems like that just isn't enough.Posted in: 1.8 Update Discussion
So what I suggest is that in the new screen where we can enter a seed for a map, let us note how many strongholds we want to spawn in our worlds, perhaps up to 10 or 20. That would be fantastic for the massive maps that happen in large SMP servers.
Aug 17, 2011My long time friends and I are looking to find a server that matches our needs. Since there are hundreds of them, I thought I would post here and see if anyone knows of a server that would fit us.Posted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
We would like a SURVIVAL server with:
- 1.8 - We want a server that is updating with v1.8
- PvP - We enjoy the challenge of PvP, but having the option to turn it off could be helpful to start.
- Economy - An Economy where we can sell off materials we do not need and possibly purchase those we do is a must.
- Limited Protection - We want to be able to build a town and go to war with other towns, but at the same time, we don't want players digging under our walls or disabling our traps or griefing our home.
- Server - Needs to be US based to keep lag on our end down. Also needs to be online 90% of the time or more, and have a very large population limit.
- Nether - The server must allow us to go forth and get ourselves killed in the Nether.
Optional but desired:
- RP Community tend to be more mature and friendly
- Allows explosions and lava and water to do their thing
- Live Feed Maps are always nice
- Multiple active admins/mods who take their responsibilities seriously.
- An already established population
Thank you for your time and interest.
- To post a comment, please login.