- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 5 months, and 9 days
Last active Wed, Nov, 20 2013 14:37:09
- 0 Followers
- 33 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Nov 6, 2013Dukedase posted a message on Samurai Gaming | Survival PvE | PvP | Mini Games | Feed The Beast And Vanilla Servers also hosted!Changed and added new servers, scraped FTB server.Posted in: PC Servers
Oct 31, 2013Dukedase posted a message on Samurai Gaming | Survival PvE | PvP | Mini Games | Feed The Beast And Vanilla Servers also hosted!Hello all, I'm Darktroopz, I've only ever played on two minecraft servers. That's right, TWO. I started playing minecraft two years and 9 months ago. In May of 2011, I joined a server. Two months later, I was made staff on that server (60 people average online at a time) ... Currently, I am now an admin on that server. The server, however, has a lost almost all of its population and has gone very downhill since then in a lot of peoples opinions. I plan on making a server that has the original feel of what was so great about that one, and more.Posted in: PC Servers
We at Samurai Gaming currently offer 3 minecraft experiences.
We have one server that is focused on survival (PvE), however, it also has a world for pvp, spleef and mob arenas. Currently on this server we're working on adding another player rank, more perks for donators. We still have much to do on it. This server has 8GB ram dedicated to it.
SURVIVAL SERVER IP: 126.96.36.199
Secondly, we have a factions pvp server!
FACTIONS PVP SERVER IP: 188.8.131.52
We also maintain a creative server:
CREATIVE SERVER IP: 184.108.40.206
Last, we have a Vanilla 1.7.2 server. It's PvP enabled and there are no rules other than no spamming and no advertising. (Simple chat rules)
VANILLA 1.7.2 SERVER IP: 220.127.116.11
(If the server is down it means it is being edited or changed. Please check out another server in the mean time)
We run all of these servers on our dedicated machine.
We also have a Teamspeak which you can connect to at: 18.104.22.168:10283
Thanks for reading this, and I hope you give our server a chance. We've worked hard and paid good money, and we plan on continue working hard to bring you one of the best Minecraft experiences.
Server on PMC:
http://www.planetmin... ... g-2527495/
May 1, 2013Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from MrEinStain
I have to correct you here, that's a static IP you're talking about. Dedicated IP = your server is hosted on the default port (25565) so you can connect only using the IP. In a server without a dedicated IP, you have to type the port as well, so 127.0.0.1:25573, for example.
I haven't seen a host yet that would randomly change its customers' IP addresses, but you never know
I'm just saying what I read on their website
Apr 30, 2013You can usually upgrade your ram rather easily with hosting companies. With fluctis I sent them a support message and they gave me an invoice which I then payed, they were also nice enough to give me a discount because there was only 19 days left in my month.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
Apr 30, 20131. You'd have to host it yourself or pay a hosting company. A good one I suggest that I use myself is fluctis hosting. They're cheap and have an incredibly easy to use console system.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
2. Use an economy plugin like iConomy. For signs I suggest ChestShop. Easy to use, but it's currently giving me errors.
3. Install WorldEdit, WorldGuard and LWC. Those let you protect areas and chests/doors etc.
4. Install ModTrs. Comes with a moderator chat, a /modlist command and a /modreq command for players to send requests.
5. WorldGuard (with WorldEdit)
6. This is difficult. I can help you with this if you'd like. I HIGHLY suggest using Permissionsex plugin. That's what I use and it works GREAT.
7. Install Essentials, VanishNoPacket and banhammer.
9. Essentials with a permissions node.
10. I wouldn't suggest having two ranks at once. Make them the donator rank and let it have it's own title and commands. For donations, use BuyCraft (if you have a paypal to accept the donations) ... also setup the rank with Permissionsex.
11. Make a region denying them commands with worldedit/worldguard and make it so they have to read a sign to finish it. I would not suggest this as players hate it, and it's not a good way to get players.
12. 2GB worked fine for me with about 25 plugins and I was able to support up to 8 players (I could support way more, but that's all I had on at once to test with) ... 2GB is a good minimum for a 20 slot server with a good amount of plugins.
If you really want to start your server, it's no easy task without knowing these things. I can help you with them but it would require console access and me being OP. If you don't want to continue making the server, you could always join mine!
Apr 30, 2013Dukedase posted a message on Samurai Gaming | Survival PvE | PvP | Mini Games | Feed The Beast And Vanilla Servers also hostedEdited post, adding stuff we've released and finished.Posted in: PC Servers
Apr 21, 2013Dukedase posted a message on Samurai Gaming | Survival PvE | PvP | Mini Games | Feed The Beast And Vanilla Servers also hostedUpdate:Posted in: PC Servers
Currently adding kits for certain ranks, including donator. Need to get donator rank up next, then setup a few more things to do, add stuff for baron, viscount and earl ranks. Following that, and successful finish of spawn, we will begin working on pvp (considering we have upgraded our RAM by then, which we will be doing in 2-3 days)
Apr 21, 2013Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from StealthBravo
modifyworld.* gives them access to all ModifyWorld permissions. No need to add modifyworld.chat.
Quote from Dukedase
that's why you should give modifyworld.* to a group. It lets them build and do stuff.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Apr 29, 2012Dukedase posted a message on Change Your Minecraft Name? Possibly In The FutureMaybe make it so you can only change your name once a month or something, and have a unique ID so that if you're banned or OP'd it stays the same.Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.