Updated February 12, 2019
NEW: Join our public Discord server ⮕ https://discord.gg/dwBDrp3
Mechania is a unique realm consisting of distinct worlds filled with custom mobs, generation, and gameplay mechanics, all intertwined with the vast concepts of magic and technology (in non-fancy language, this is an adventure/survival public server powered by Spigot and Spigot plugins).
To prepare for the launch of the server, we're looking for more unique developers to join our current team. A server is currently up and running and people are needed who are strong at building, plugin/datapack making, plugin configuration, server management, graphic design, and server promotion.
- Builders are directly responsible for constructing the server's most valued landmarks of all shapes and sizes and must be able to work in small or large teams.
- Plugin makers must be proficient in the Java coding language so that they are able to create Spigot plugins with functions and/or mechanics unique to the server.
- Datapack makers must be proficient in creating and editing functions, loot tables, world structures, advancements, recipes, and tags in order to create mechanics unique to the server.
- Plugin configurers do not necessarily need to know how to code plugins but will be responsible for editing the config files of existing plugins in order to balance gameplay or increase server functionality.
- Server managers (currently closed for applicants) go above and beyond the duties of typical server moderators; they act as a liaison between the server's developers and players and verify that the operations of the various branches of development share common goals.
- Graphic designers are responsible for creating commission-based digital (and maybe even hand-made) content that serves a purpose to the server, whether it be for promotion, branding, etc.
- Server promoters use their advertisement and marketing skills to draw public attention to the server through the use of social media platforms.
We use a number of different programs and websites to facilitate the development process:
- Trello keeps developers updated and on the same page in terms of tasks that are completed, in progress, and upcoming.
- Github is the go-to site for plugin makers and configurers to share their work so that it can be easily added to the server.
- Discord allows developers to communicate with each other through text and voice chat.
- You MUST have a discord account in order to be considered for a developer position but having a mic for voice chat is not required.
Maturity is a crucial requirement for Mechania developers. Even though we have fun on a regular basis, there are times when a good deal of professionalism is required.
If you think you'd make a good fit for our developer team, fill out the application here, then reply below that you've submitted it.
Once we have read what you have to say, our head of operations, Diamondback, will contact you through Discord to let you know if you have been accepted.
- As previously stated in the "Server manager" description, this is not an application to become staff on the server.
- If you're looking to become a beta tester, a separate application for that will be released later; only fill this one out if you're looking to become a developer.
Have a question? Leave it as a reply to this thread or contact Diamondback88#7793 on Discord and you'll receive an answer!
Update: You can also join our public Discord server at https://discord.gg/dwBDrp3 to have your questions answered.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this and we hope to see you as part of our team!