Would it be possible to bring back the old End Portal rendering (where if you look in different positions, you see different parts of the void the End Portal contains) using a resource pack? The new rendering... makes me a little nauseous.
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 6 months, and 6 days
Last active Tue, Jun, 15 2021 21:00:24
- 0 Followers
- 52 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jan 13, 2012Last Updated: 1/31/13Posted in: Survival Mode
cole2's World: Survival Server
Hey! It's the Nether Trio! (DrRelling, TNTminator, firemaster47)Singleplayer:
A demonstration on the colors of portals.
Me with a buddy. And I slice myself in the head. :3 (DrRelling, Collin3301)
Oh, look! We made a bedroom near a portal!
He got griefed!
Technic 1.0Minecraft: The N00b Adventures Server12w03a1.2._. everything's on fire.1.2.4:
I see stars XD
GET TO DA CHOPPA!LOL Nostalgia!In the sky and in space...It's a giant chicken I tell you! A GIANT CHICKEN!1.2.5A tower made by myself! (feat. Humans + Faction Flag)220.127.116.11.7
Little Maids Mod
Townington pictures:Project Ares Server:
Gaylord_Steambath's Sky Dome:My hometown, The Village:
Not so friendly to me...
The arena where jailed people fight for their freedom. (I don't wanna die!!!)
It's my house!
Showing off my cape:New Year's Day
Is Chell on top of a barn? o_o
This is the top of the tower of Gaylord Steambath
Nov 27, 2012DarkusRelling posted a message on [ADV] Kingdom of the Sky (Narrated Story) Multiple Perfect Review Scores - 175,000+ Downloads!Posted in: Maps(NOTE: I didn't read the replies, so I MAY be repeating someone.)
New Method Of Anti-Grief:
/gamerule mobGriefing 0
- To post a comment, please login.
Jan 7, 2012WildBamaBoy posted a message on [MC 1.12.x] Minecraft Comes Alive v6.0.0 (MILLIONS OF PLAYERS!)Posted in: Minecraft ModsOverview | Download | FAQ | How to Play | Recipes | Changelogs | Update Progress | Bug Tracker | Repository | Special Thanks
-Updated to 6.0.0-beta for Minecraft 1.12.2 on June 1st 2019-
So long, Minecraft Forums! With its upcoming closure, we're announcing the MCA Community Discord! Join today: https://discord.gg/T5xQ8E2
Looking to support development? Earn some cool perks on Patreon:
Latest News (6/1/2019)Although the forums will soon be in read-only mode, we wanted to let those still following this thread know that....
We're back! MCA has been updated to 6.0.0-beta. This version has been written from the ground up to be more robust and compatible with multiplayer and other mods. Check it out and continue the discussion post-forums here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minecraft-comes-alive-mca
Say goodbye to those ugly and boring squidward-nosed villagers! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) aims to give Minecraft's villagers an expanded use within the game by transforming them into humans.
Follow/subscribe to @SheWolfDeadly for MCA updates, and awesomeness in general!
Comprehensive Install/Gameplay Review by IDEDonline
Developer Let's Play Below by SheWolfDeadly
- No more terrible villager sounds! "Hrrh?", you might ask? Villagers are now human, have names, speak to you, and can be male or female.
- You can interact with villagers in many ways, such as chatting with them, asking them to follow you, hiring them to do work, giving them gifts, and more!
- Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough, and you'll be able to marry a villager.
- Once you're married, you can have children. Children will grow up over time and do many different chores for you.
- Children eventually grow up into adults, who can get married and have children of their own.
- You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
Note: MCA connects to a remote server to check for updates and also send us crash reports.
- There's no loss of original Minecraft functionality. MCA villagers can be traded with, and any modded villagers are not overwritten with MCA villagers.
You can also download MCA and RadixCore via CurseForge. CurseForge may not always have the latest versions of MCA.
If you don't see the links to CurseForge just above, there may be issues with the downloads at the moment. Use other download button.
Unfortunately there's always the chance of running into a bug while playing MCA. You have five options when reporting a bug.
Do nothing - That's right. If your game crashes while you are playing, you don't have to tell us. We will automatically be notified and your crash report will be sent to us. If you never make it into the game, though, we won't receive that, so let us know you are having that sort of issue!
Post on this forum page - Myself or mezzodrinker will likely respond within a few hours. If you receive no response, post again. If you have a crash report, please surround it with spoiler tags so that the forum can be kept nice and tidy.
Create an issue on GitHub - This requires a GitHub account, which is free. We usually respond within a few minutes. You will also be automatically notified when the issue is fixed. Please include your Minecraft version and MCA version. Go to our Issue Tracker to create an issue.
Send a private message - You can send your question or bug report via private message to me here on the forums. While I may not respond, all private messages are read.
Support MCA by pasting one of these banners into your signature! We'd gladly accept any more that are made.
Current logo by RicardoEsteves
Logo by NeonXperience
Logo by ChimneySwift11
MCA is licensed with the MCA Minecraft Mod license, previously GPL v3. This license is available here. It is simple to understand, but here it is in bullet-point form.
- You can create monetized YouTube videos showcasing this mod.
- You can re-distribute MCA at will on your website, however you can only distribute this mod through our adf.ly links. Do not use your own links or mirrors.
- You can use MCA in a modpack, however you must provide credit to us and link to this forum page or our website.
- Your modpack must not generate revenue of any kind. Exceptions apply.
- You must not modify MCA's source code, file structure, binaries, or assets.
- Troubleshooting is your responsibility if you create a modpack and MCA fails to work correctly.
- Source code is made available for educational purposes only, with the exception of the MCA API.
- MCA, its source code, and byte code cannot be modified, recompiled, or redistributed for public use except by the maintainer of the repository.
- We reserve the right to incorporate private modifications of MCA into the public version, with adequate credit provided.
- Any modification of this mod’s code, binaries, or assets is strictly forbidden from public distribution.
- Texture packs and resource packs are welcomed and encouraged, but may only contain the modified textures and/or sounds. You cannot distribute a copy of this mod with the texture/resource pack already installed.
- This mod, its assets, code, and binaries are released into the public domain when it is said to have reached its end-of-life as described in the license.
Many awesome people have made MCA what it is today. You are all properly credited on the Special Thanks page on our website.
Oct 6, 2013Posted in: Minecraft ModsI had been wrestling with the decision for a while now, and unfortunately I have decided to stop working on Thaumcraft and other mods.The simple truth is that between IRL commitments, work and studies I simply didn't have enough time to devote to modding. Something had to give and unfortunately the obvious choice was modding.
"Thaumaturgy... which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at." - Mathematicall Praeface to Euclid's Elements (1570), John Dee
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about - drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
Simply find some vis crystals in the world, mine them and follow the clues.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Iron Capped Wooden Wand crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Suggestions are welcomed here
Please help support me via Patreon Also go check me out on Twitter @Azanor1 for announcements and such.
Direct Download Links6.1.BETA26 for Minecraft 1.12.2
Older versions6.0.BETA8 for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.4 for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.3 for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.5 for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.1.14 for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.0g for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.5b for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.4c for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.5i for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.4c for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.3 for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.1c for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.1b for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.6d for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.6 for Minecraft 1.1
For ModdersThaumcraft API for 6.1.BETA26Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.1.BETA26Thaumcraft API for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft API for 5.2.4Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.2.4Thaumcraft API for 5.0.3Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.0.3Thaumcraft API for 126.96.36.199Thaumcraft DEV Build for 188.8.131.52If you want a slightly more cutting edge version of the api, go to my GitHub
Language Localization and bug reportsI have set up a Git repository so people can easily add localizations and create issues for bug reports - HERE
Thanks to the following folks for their help with translationsVexatos, jualme, crafteverywhere, Mexahoid, FrancescoDeSa, TheVikingWarrior, Hgmoa, VeryBigBro, avttrue, ferzrrn, RustyXXL, bgh251f2, Egor305, Zaltora, PlatonCraft, XuIIIHuK, Sternes, DancingPeral, GLaDTheresCake, BrunoLG, dmf444, aucunn, tyrope, m9731526
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
WARNINGThere is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
Change LogCurrently the Eldritch & Aurmancy tier of research are still heavily WIP. There is some things I need to sort out and balance before I can implement them properly.
- fix altar particle related crash on servers
- API: deprecated IStabilizable
- API: added IGogglesDisplay
- API: added oredict support in json research entries for required_item and required_craft.
- fix for crash related to the latest versions of forge (184.108.40.20668)
- infusion instability mechanics have been completely reworked. Check your thaumonomicon. TLDR version, stabilizers simply add a lot of stability to infusion now, but when paired with redstone inlay can do other fancy things. They no longer use RF.
- added advanced break seal
- golem press will now properly consume crafting components
- more fixes to seal & logistics GUI's
- custom thaumcraft shaders should once again work
- buffer will no longer draw essentia from adjacent blocks if that side has been disconnected
- added Lamplighter infusion enchantment
- I now prevent most thaumcraft UI elements from overlapping
- when riding a minecart the arcane bore will not switch off if there are no tracks below (for whatever reason)
- tainted animals & critters will now do damage instead of just aggressive nudging
- changed the way itemstacks sync to clients which should get rid of a lot of odd behaviour in certain gui's
- greatwood trees now require 4 saplings to grow like large vanilla trees. They drop more saplings to account for this change.
- thaumatorium should now display all recipes (occasionally a recipe would be lost, like the spiritus vis crystal recipe)
- thaumatorium recipes are now sorted alphabetically
- cultist armor now have their own material types
- made many thaumcraft blocks rotateble with modded wrenches that allow it
- entity aspects can now be viewed through the thaumometer
- empty & provider seal should no longer cause golems to drop items on ground when picking up something new
- water jar can now fill vanilla cauldrons & glass bottles again
- fixed several focal manipulator ui issues
- golem press now checks adjacent inventories for crafting materials as well
- golem appearance should now sync more consistently on servers
- provide and empty seals will no longer cause items to drop on the ground if the target inventory (as set by stock, fill, etc) is full
- stock seals will now check if the target inventory has room before creating a task
- greatly improved flying golem movement
- improved golem responsiveness
- fixed banner server crash
- fixed crafting recipe for primal crusher
- added console command to revoke specific research from a player instead of resetting it all. Format: /thaumcraft research revoke . This will also remove any research that relies on the revoked research.
- tweaked infusion crafting instability so that instability added is on a sliding scale - the higher the instability, the less chance it has of becoming worse.
- the amount by which infusion crafting stability increases after instability occurs has been increased.
- added aspect names to display name of vis crystals and essentia phials
- fix soft-crash when you tried to craft a multiblock by clicking on the top or bottom face of a block with salis mundus
- fixed a major bug that was causing you to only gain progress in the 'blue' theorycraft categories instead of all of them. Rounding is awesome!
- fixed void siphon crash on dedicated servers
- fixed stabilizer particles... again
- rebelanced some crafting recipes
- cloudstepper ring should now properly negate fall damage when double jumping and will not do silly things when you are underwater
- items with sounding effect will now only trigger it if sneak + right clicked instead of the other way around
- primal crusher recipe now accepts broken tools as ingredients
- rebalanced flux condenser essentia cost
- API: fixed the AspectRegistryEvent to use a proxy object (register) that contains the actual registration methods. This was done to prevent some ASM related issues.
- fix for thaumotorium not syncing in MP
- fire bats once again cause mob damage
- FORGE: Updated to Forge version 220.127.116.1105
- API: Certain mods that define their own item aspects have been accidentally doing so in the 'wrong' place. To prevent this I will now wipe all item aspects registration that occurs before TC defines the core item aspects.
- API: Additionally I have added an event mods can subscribe to that would be the correct place to define item aspects. The existing aspect definition methods will be deprecated and eventually will only be accessible through this event.
- API: Added events when a player gains knowledge or progresses research. See thaumcraft.api.research.ResearchEvent. The events can be cancelled.
- improved thaumatorium GUI
- harvesting golems will now try and right-click a crop first before trying to break it
- increased the knowledge gained from curios
- rebalanced some base item aspects and added a couple of alternate sources for hard to get aspects
- thaumium smelter is now 90% efficient instead of 85%
- improved arcane bore interaction with infusion enchantments like destructive
- fixed enchantment detection during research
- fixed triple meat treat recipe
- improved foci radial menu animation and unlinked it from fps
- fixed certain foci in radial menu not showing up if they are too similar to other foci
- you can now only have one scatter modifier per focus
- prevent crash with focus pouch if you click on it while it's inventory is open
- arcane workbench should properly choose the correct crystals to use between similar recipes
- to make early game mistakes a bit more forgiving the crucible will only turn 25% of spilled essentia into flux instead of the current 50%-75%
- added a 'noSleep' config option so you can get the salis mundus recipe book without having to sleep first
- fixed eldritch crab rendering when 'mounted'
- fixed the mod interaction bug with the hats mod
- fix out of bounds condenser crash
- increased condenser essentia suction
- flux generators now produce up to 20 rf/tick. The vis cost is still the same (1 vis = 1000 rf).
- flux stabiliser can now accept power from all sides except the front. This means 5 flux generators will be able to fully power a stabiliser as it can accept up to 100 rf/tick max.
- candles and other items are now slightly more effective during infusion and you can have up to 12 (up from 10) - a much more symmetrical number
- improved detection of enchanted books in research and recipes
- arcane ear now supports new instrument types
- scanning inventories with a thaumometer is now limited to the first 100 items to prevent lag spikes with massive inventories
- thaumcraft leaves will no longer decay if placed by a player
- entities ridden by a player can now pass through warding barriers
- fixed warded jar contents display in inventory
- warded jars crafted into void jars now retain their contents, labels, etc.
- arcane workbench now actually checks if you have the proper research
- added first bits of eldritch tier research. Much more to come
- everful urns now act as water tanks that contain up to 1 bucket volume of water and can interact with piping systems.
- switched liquid death and purifying fluid to use the forge universal bucket. Existing buckets will no longer be valid
- fix for stabilizer server crash
- allow traveller boots and cloud ring falling damage reduction to stack with other falling reduction items and each other
- improved thaumometer performance
- fix for pedestals incorrectly allowing more than one item to be placed in them via automation
- fix datamanager declarations for some thaumcraft entities that was causing mod interaction issues
- vis crystal growth, shrinking, and spread no longer causes flux as a side-effect. Flux crystals now properly grow and shrink based on flux instead of vis.
- improved recipe recursion checking to better account for container items
- flux rifts once again close when they spawn taint seeds, but the larger they are, the more potent the spawned seed is
- added a way to manage flux & flux rifts. This is still WIP and will be expanded and balanced in future updates
- fix for clientside particle crash
- fix for aura chunk related crash & cascading worldgen
- arcane workbench should now be able to craft vanilla recipes without the presence of crystals
- fix for chunk loading errors on server start
- fix for seeking projectiles causing client crash
- possible fix for pedestal desync issues during infusion
- fixed moon phase descriptions
- alembic can once again be emptied on shift-right click with an empty hand
- creative flux sponge can now also remove flux rifts
- fixed armor dyes
- fixed arcane bore dupe bug and made its digger radius a bit more accurate when stationary
- vis batteries will now drop when harvested
- pattern crafter now removes the proper amount of items
- fixed possible dupe bug with certain mods combined with arcane bore, seals and breaker focus
- new stuff: vis batteries, vis generator, stabilizer, stock seal
- fixed arcane pattern crafter
- relaxed nbt checking in crucible recipes, infusion recipes and research hand ins to account for other mods that add custom nbt tags
- fixed mod compatibility load order
- fixed an edge case bug where custom recipes from other mods could cause strange results in the arcane workbench
- tweaked amber block/brick recipes
- fixed seal filters to allow non-standard stack sizes. You might want to check all your seal filters to make sure they behave as they should
- API: seal filters now store stack sizes independently of the itemstacks themselves. New methods added to get and set those numbers.
- increased experimentation inspiration cost to 2, but also increased the amount of progress it gives
- fixed custom gui toggle buttons
- seeking focus projectiles are now 56% more seeky
- bouncing focus projectiles can now only bounce off solid blocks
- revamped infusion crafting stability mechanics
- infusion recipes now properly recognize damaged items and will transfer the damage to crafting results where appropriate
- toned down taint poison spawned by certain things
- loads of balance tweaks
FAQQ: What is this Baubles thing that I need? A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory? A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
(3) Config File Settings For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC 5 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding thaumcraft world gen to existing worldsYes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
Addon ModsThese are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers: I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests. - Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. - Try not to add more than one research tab - Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab - Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location. - Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
- Thaumic Tinkerer - Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - Electric Magic Tools
Texture Packs - Soartex - Faithful 32x Thaumcraft Addon
Mod Pack PolicyThe code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions: 1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post. 2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack. 3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor). 4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so. 5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...My Beta Testers, you know who you areAll the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBE CovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.org BitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
© Azanor 2012+ This mod (plugin, patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://minecraft.net/terms are sole property of the Mod author (Azanor, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net by the Owner. They may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mods are strictly forbidden without advance written permission. This mod isn't open source.
Long version:TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
May 27, 2012Posted in: Minecraft Mods3D Itemsby Quintinity
I am no longer updating this mod. Source code: 3DItems and 3DBlocks
With the new Minecraft 1.4.6 update, 3D items are now part of vanilla. However, their features are limited, like only working on fancy graphics.This mod now provides configuration options so you can make theitems appear the way you want them to! 3D items in fast graphics, change render distance, item and block sizes, rotation and bobbing! Also, fixed vanilla bug where items were screwed up with HD texture packs!Update: if you are updating to v1.6.2, you need to update SettingsAPI as well.Old Thread:
There isn't much to say about this mod. It transforms dropped items from flat images to 3D, like when you hold items in your hands. This mod does work in SMP. As of v1.5, this mod requires Forge and does not edit any base files.Gif made by Levy. The pickaxe is anexample of what this mod does.Options menu:If you wish to support me, feel free to donate!No ModLoader version yet. SorryOlder Versions:v1.6.1 for Minecraft 1.4.6 - requires Forgev1.5 for Minecraft 1.4.2 - requires Forgev1.4.2 for Minecraft 1.3.2- requires Forgev1.4 for Minecraft 1.3.1 - requires nothingv1.3 for Minecraft 1.2.5 - requires ForgeInstallation:
Changelog:1.6.2- Fixed issues with the LittleMaidMob mod- Fixed issues with HD texture packs with Optifine- Updated SettingsAPI dependancy1.6.1- Fixed crashing bug with RedPower tubes- Fixed crashing bug with Factorization barrels1.6.0- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.6- This mod now only provides configuration options- Support for HD texture packs1.5.2 - Forge version only- Code optimization- Fixed items in IronChests2 crystal chests spinning like crazy1.5.1- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.4- Fixed item rendering for ComputerCraft and BuildCraft and all other mods- Fixed items in BuildCraft pipes being all wonky- Added ModLoader version1.5 - Updated for Minecraft 1.4.2- No longer edits any base files- Added 3D items in item frames- Added in-game config pages- Other unimportant stuff1.4.2- Updated for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.1 - Added ModLoader dependancies- Removed config file until Forge is updated- Re-added support for HD textures1.4- Updated for Minecraft 1.3.1- No dependancies until Forge and ML are updated- No config file
- Download and install Forge
- Download and install SettingsAPI.
- Download this correct version of this mod from the link above.
- Copy 3DItems.jar into your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Run Minecraft!
1.3- Mod now requires Minecraft Forge instead of ModLoader- Only 1 version of the mod now, has support for Optifine and MCPatcher HD textures- Support for TheWhiteWolves' UseCount mod (install this mod after!)- Support for 4096IDs mod- Fixed chests rendering off center- Fixed stacks of enchanted item rendering as purple squares1.2- Added config file to disable this mod1.1- Fixed bug with potions appearing as purple box - Fixed spawn eggs not spinning1.0- Inital release
Jun 20, 2012This project has been open-sourced.You can have the source codes here:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
You are also free to modify the codes there as long as they can work correctly after your modify.
====Menu========Induction====This mod transform Minecraft from a Sandbox game into aJapanese style AVG!
The mod will add a script system into Minecraft,allow it to read custom script files and interact with player with new way!
You can even make friend with mobs! It just depends on how you write the script.
Of course, we have some default scripts for it, so you can simply enjoy chatting with mobs.
Beta 10.1(For MC1.3.2)
link====Special Patches====Special Patch for CuteMobModels(1.2.5):
This Patch allows you to talk with the modified mobs correctly.
V1.2.5 only because they hasn't update to 1.3.1 yet.
DON'T EVEN TRY ON 1.3.1 YOU WILL CARSH!!
Both Mobtalker Beta9.1 and CuteMobModels needed to be installed.
Default script files(By komica community):English Chinese Japanese
Brazilian Portuguese(By Kyozum0)
Mob-Controller script(Example of controlling mobs):English
Normal talk support:
Creeper(2 days),Zombie(2 days),Enderman(2 days)
More custom scripts in here.
Normal talk support:
Here is also a site for script publishing:
Feel free to publish and share your scripts there
====Installation====1.Install ModLoader correctly
3.Choose one script file.(You can only choose one but you can merge them yourself.)
4.Put mod_Mobtalker.zip into /mods/ folder
5.Install the script file.Simply overwrite the /resource/ folder with the one inside zip file.
6.Check if the /resource/mobTalker_script/ was created.
7.Run the game and enjoy!
Another way to work:
- This mod need much memory.So increase your Java memory if you're using default value.
I don't have Mac.But you can refer this video:
====Recipt========Config file====After running the mod once,the mobTalker_Config.cfg will be created in /config/
You can open it with a text editor.
The speed of showing dialogue charactors.
0 means immediate. The LARGER the value, the slower the speed.
The Item ID of MobTalker
====Making your script====
These documentations are talking about the rule of scripts.There is also a thread talking about custom scripts:
====ChangeLog====V8.3(2012/07/04)--Ghast and Slime now count living days correctly.
--Enderman and Spider now able to follow and escort correctlyV9.0(2012/07/05)--Recognizes the size of Slime and MagmaCube.Which means,different chara pictures of them.--Automatic dialog-box limiter.
--Support MagmaCube,IronGolem and SnowGolem.V9.1(2012/07/07)--Automatic disable chara pictures when the image file is not exist.
--Hide speeches in hiding mode.
--Fixed friendly-zombie is survival mode may crash.
--Face setting remains in condition GUI.
--Fixed receipt of mob-talkerSmall Update(2012/07/17)--Few code changed to support the patch with CuteMobModel.
--Support MC v1.3.1
--Supported LAN mode
--Active-attack is disabled in default.
--Friendly mobs now record the friendship-point(or known as loving-point) separated by players' name.
--Support MC V1.3.2
--Friendly Spider/Cave-Spider now can climb to follow.
--Support MC V1.4.2
Oct 16, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hectic Crafts Cheetah Pack is specifically designed to enhance your multiplayer experience. It offers a wide variety of the best modifications that work on Survival Multiplayer (also Singleplayer) without any server needing the mods installed! If you love playing online or just want your favourite server to be that extra bit more interesting, then the Cheetah Pack is defiantly for you! The carefully selected modifications included in this compilation will acquire you with the tools and skills needed to become the ultimate player on any server! No need to worry, Hectic Crafts Cheetah Pack does NOT include any cheating mods such as X-Ray or Fly
The latest version is v3.5.1 and works with Minecraft 1.2.5There is also v3.5 for Minecraft 1.2.4 on our Wiki
!!! If you experience FPS Problems i suggest you download Optifine and install it yourself !!!
Here are the mods included in the latest release...
Macro / Keybind Mod -- Mumfrey
Useful Ingame GUI -- theRGCV
Inventory Tweaks -- jimeowan
Rei's Minimap -- reiFNSK
Skin Thief -- phlip9
WMLL -- iPeer
TODO LIST...Make new installer with mod selection and more customisationPublish
HecticCraft.netNew Site DesignAdd Servers to the Cheetah Pack Get Permission for MAtmosPublish the Hectic Pack
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2012
Version 3.5 and 3.5.1 of the Cheetah Pack are out!
For Minecraft Version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5.
Sorry for being away, the Cheetah Pack will now be managed properly.Hectic Craft will soon be moving sites! Be sure to Follow us on Twitter @HecticCraft
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2012
Version 3.5 and 3.5.1 of the Cheetah Pack will be released soon.
For Minecraft Version 1.2.4 and 1.2.5. It will include the main mods and more!
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2012
Been very busy lately and sorry for being silent for a month now.
We have received great feedback from mod authors about the Hectic Pack
So far we have permission for over 50 different mods and counting.
The mods included so far are... [READ MORE]
Q: How do i use the Auto Installer?
A: Instructions are in the supplied README.TXT
Q: When I install I get an error message, java.io...
A: Make sure you extract the files to a folder before installing.
If this fails you either do not have a completely fresh minecraft directory or your java is not up to date.
Try downloading again or watch the videos in the Help and Support Section!
Q: After installing properly, I get black screen?
A: The installer did not download Modloader and/or Audiomod properly.
Try installing Modloader and Audiomod manually then install using the Automatic Installer.
If this fails try installing manually (see Help and Support).
Q: After installing, my textures in game have changed/disappeared.
A: This problem has happened to a few people using MCPatcher.
Try Patching the Game First, then install the Cheetah Pack... If this does not work let me know.
Q: When will the next version be released?
A: When the mods are up to date. Obviously.
Q: Can I join the Hectic Craft Team?
A: Yes. Visit This Thread or Send me an E-Mail including your skills and why you want to join.
Here are some helpful videos made by the community.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQ, please send me them and I will reply as soon as possible. If you get errors please copy and paste them to me so I can see exactly what is wrong. Any questions asked in the comments will be answered quickly by either Me or my fellow assistant, Cyclops.
You can contact me via E-Mail or Private Message. I can also be found on IRC Esper.net at #Risucraft
If you want to support us you can add one of these to your signature:
I would personally like to say thank you to all the modders for letting me include their amazing mods into the Cheetah Pack and also a big thank you to Burnner for making the Auto Installer.
Thank you to Cyclops for your amazing effort and help towards answering questions and also providing us with spectacular ideas towards future mods!
Thank you ToFuSlug for your great feedback on what mods should be included.
And thank you to all those who have posted comments and sent me messages.
I love hearing from you all!
Back To Top
Jul 17, 2011Upload a Cape!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Want to Look epic? Want to impress your freinds? Now you can with CapeCraft! You can make your own cape, or browse the wiki for a cool one! You can even look like a Mojang employee! The mod is compatible with Minecraft v1.2.5. Note, for other people to see it in SMP, they need the mod too!
Powered by MCCentral.net
You can donate if you want the mod to stay alive! It is not required, but helps a ton!
LATEST RECOMENDED VERSION DOWNLOAD:
1.2.5 Mac and Windows (Non-zombe)(Legacy)(No ModLoader!)
- Install 7z or WinRar if you don't have it
- Open Run and Type %Appdata%
- Open .minecraft
- Navigate to bin
- Open minecraft.jar in 7z or WinRar
- Drag the class file(s) into the jar and delete META-INF
- Now, you need to upload a cape at the website.
- Start Minecraft and have fun!
- Navigate to /User/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Navigate to bin
- Right click minecraft.jar, select Get Info
- Change "minecraft.jar" to "minecraft.zip"
- Click use .zip
- Unzip the created zip file, delete it once finished
- Drag the class file(s) and delete META-INF
- Right click the "minecraft" folder, add .jar to the end of the name
- Click use .jar
- Upload a cape at the site
- Start Minecraft and have fun!
- 321System123 - Server Host and Help
- AJWGeek - Code
- TeamDarkness - Code and Help
- Powered by MCCentral.net
CapturedHD featured the mod!
Mar 6, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [Coming Soon] The Aether Collab - King, Kodaichi, Shockah!Posted in: Mods Discussion
Hey guys! If anyone wants to come discuss the Aether mod, you can come over to the IRC channel #aethermod on esper.net. _303, Kodaichi and Shockah will also be there.
If you do not have an IRC client here is how to join the channel with your web browser:
1. Go to http://www.esper.net.
2. Click on "Chat now!" in the top right hand corner. This will go to another page with an input box which has "#" inside it.
3. Inside the input box, type in #aethermod and press connect.
4. The mibbit client will then request for your username, type it in.
5. Have fun chatting!
See you there!
Latest video: Swets revealed!
We've been hard at work finalizing all of the new creatures we are adding to the Aether. Here is a small video demonstrating Swets, which are a lot deadlier than meets the eye:
Thanks to Combine_Kegan for the video!
New Images: Darts, Keys, Icestone!
Hey guys, I've been pretty busy lately with homework but I've still had enough time to work on the project. Lately I've been focusing less on the Aether mobs and more on the items/blocks. Check them out:
Golden Oak Leaves
Description: Golden Oak Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Golden Oaks. These trees are very tall and thick in comparison to Skyroots. They are made up of Skyroot Logs, Gilded Oak and Golden Oak Leaves. Additionally, these leaves have a very rare chance of dropping Saplings, and even Golden Apples.
Description: In some rare cases, Golden Oak trees can be found with Golden Orbs embedded into their trunk. These embedded logs are called "Gilded Oaks", and drop Golden Orbs upon breaking. These Golden Orbs are extremely useful for crafting particular items such as a Dart, a Compass, etc.
Located: Gilded Oak logs can be found in the center of Golden Oak trunks.
Description: Icestone blocks are cold in nature, and freeze all water around it as soon as it is placed. This is especially useful for quickly making bridges across rivers or oceans. Water source blocks are frozen into ice. Flowing water, on the other hand, simply disappears.
Located: Icestone can be found most commonly on the top of large floating mountains.
Description: Mossy Holystone has no specific use, but they are great building blocks and help to define the location of a Dungeon.
Located: Mossy Holystone can be found on the walls of Dungeons.
Description: Skyroot Saplings are very common drops from Skyroot Leaves. They allow you to regrow Skyroot trees.
Golden Oak Sapling
Description: Golden Oak Saplings are very rare drops from Golden Oak Leaves. They allow you to regrow Golden Oak trees.
Description: Ambrosium Torches act exactly the same as regular torches from the overworld. However, regular torches cannot be placed in the Aether because of a lack of oxygen. To rival this, players can craft torches out of Ambrosium to light their way through a house without any glass.
Crafting: Ambrosium Torches are crafted with Ambrosium Shards and Skyroot Sticks.
Description: Moas and their Eggs have been changed a lot since their initial announcement. For one, Moas now come in three different breeds: Orange, Blue (which can both be found naturally in the Aether) and Brown Moas (which can only be obtained by making a Blue and Orange Moa mate together). Moas can be initially tamed by feeding them Aechor Petals from Aechor Plants, which will stop them from despawning. However, in order to ride and fly them you must place a saddle on their back.
Mating works by having two Moas very close together and both feeding them one or more Aechor Petals. After one Minecraft day passes, one of the two Moas will spawn a particular Moa Egg depending on which types of Moas are breeding. Brown Moas have a dominant colour gene, which means if a Brown Moa mates with an Orange or a Blue Moa they will ALWAYS produce a Brown Moa Egg. If you breed two Orange Moas together they will produce an Orange Moa Egg, and visa versa. Moa Eggs no longer "capture" Moas like they initially did, and they are no longer cook-able into Scrambled Eggs. However, this ability will be re-added in a Leash item which can not only Leash Moas, but also Wolves (this means you can take your Wolf into the Nether or up in the Aether).
Bucket of Poison
Description: Buckets of Poison can be obtained by right clicking an Aechor Plant with an empty Skyroot Bucket. Aechor Plants are neutral unless you either attack them or steal their poison. If you provoke them, they will spit poisonous needles at your character. These needles are too weak to actually inflict any real damage, but they do distort the screen and make your character move in random directions, potentially throwing you off dangerous heights. Buckets of Poison can be used to enhance your Golden Darts in combat. Additionally, you can enchant Buckets of Poison into Buckets of Remedy, which make you temporarily immune to any poisonous projectiles.
Description: Dart Shooters are the "Aether" equivalents of Bows. However, unlike Arrows, Darts shoot in a straight direction and never fall down due to gravity. If a Dart hits the sky barrier or render barrier, it will simply disappear. This is extremely useful for making accurate shots on far-away mobs.
Crafting: Dart Shooters can be crafted with Skyroot logs and Zanite Gems.
Description: Golden Darts are the common projectiles used in Dart Shooters. They do slightly less damage than Arrows, but shoot in a straight line (thus, they do not get affected by gravity).
Crafting: Golden Darts can be crafted with Golden Orbs, Skyroot Sticks and Feathers.
Description: Poison Darts do the exact same damage as Golden Darts on impact, but they also make the targeted enemy move in random directions while doing small bursts of damage, which is especially useful for combating Aether mobs.
Crafting: Poison Darts can be made by mixing a Bucket of Poison with Golden Darts.
Description: Golden Orbs are very useful crafting materials for particular items such as Darts and a Portal Compass.
Located: Golden Orbs can be found embedded into some logs of Golden Oak trees.
Description: Aechor Petals are used primarily for taming and breeding Moas.
Located: Aechor Petals can be obtained by killing Aechor Plants.
Description: Bronze, Silver and Gold Keys can be used on Locked Chests found within dungeons. You will either get a common or rare unique item, depending on which key you use on the Chest.
Crafting: Keys can be obtained by killing dungeon bosses. You will either gain a Bronze, Silver or Gold Key depending on the difficulty of the boss.
New Enchanted Items
New Effect: Enchanted Darts deal more damage than Golden Darts.
Enchanting: One Ambrosium Shard can enchant two Golden Darts.
Blue Music Disk
New Effect: If you enchant a Music Disk (either green or gold), you end up with a blue Music Disk. This will have a special soundtrack dedicated to the Aether.
Enchanting: Five Ambrosium Shards can enchant one Music Disk.
Bucket of Remedy
New Effect: Enchanting a Bucket of Poison will reverse the effect and create a "remedy". Upon use, this remedy will make the player temporarily immune to all poison attacks.
Enchanting: Two Ambrosium Shards can enchant one Bucket of Poison.
Here are all the blocks and items I have to finish.
- Galestone -
- Flowvein -
- Floatsand -
- Aerwhale Nest -
- Locked Chest -
- Portal Compass -
- Aerwhale Bladder -
- Swet Drops -
- Leash -
- Gravitite Armour -
Enjoy and stay tuned!
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is near completion. Three well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi and Shockah) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still very brightly lit, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on golden trees and strips of blue clouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Deadly as they may be, these giant birds can be tamed with much practice. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether, but they usually don't attack the player unless provoked.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping Sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating orbs, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
I hope you enjoyed this small preview of the Aether. These images were taken within one week of solid development, so things are definitely subject to change. The project will also feature huge changes to the Nether so that players aren't just tempted to go to the Aether.
New Image: Aerwhales!
New Images: Dungeons/Bronze-Level Sentries!
Dungeons will have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold. Bronze Dungeons will contain very weak Sentries and a mediocre Boss. This means that the Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Boss will only drop a Bronze key, giving you a rare material or weapon upon opening a chest. However, the loot from Bronze keys can be obtained other ways, and all of the items are not unique. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with one Unique Item. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with one Unique Item and one Unique Block. These Unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
What you can see below is a Bronze Dungeon, guarded by very weak and small Sentries.
Bronze-Level Sentries are not directly hostile. Instead of literally damaging their enemies, the Sentries fire blue beams of light towards the player, pushing them back far away from the treasure the Sentries are protecting. These beams will "phase out" blocks that they hit, making them disappear for a short period of time. For the Sentries appearance we wanted them to feel like "Living Blocks of Ancient Stone". We are going to further improve the model though, adding several other details.
New Image: New Moa Texture!
After much feedback, we've decided to change the Moa's visuals so that they more accurately represent the Aether's "blue" and "cloudy" theme. To do this, we have adjusted its texture, and this is what it has resulted in. Tell me what you think! (I've also added two extra screenshots of the Aether).
New Image: New Aether Colours!
Hey guys, just a little update on progress. While I was flying around on my Moa last night, I noticed one thing about the environment: it didn't feel "alive", it felt like it was artificial and dead. To fix this, I have made several alterations which has resulted in a more lush, vibrant atmosphere. Here is what I've come up with so far:
These are the changes I have made:
- I changed the grass colour so that it was more saturated.
- The grass colour has also been tweaked so that it is more blue than green.
- I've completely redone the Tree's leaf block textures. They have a new pattern and a dark, rich green colour.
I think it looks a TON better, and the green really adds a more "lively" feeling to the Aether. The common trees in the Aether shown above are called Skyroots. The golden trees will still generate in the Aether, but they will be less common than the Skyroots. These rare trees are called Golden Oaks.
New Images: Swets, Slimes and Skyroots!
Hey guys, just a little update on progress. After heavy feedback from the community, we have changed the texture for the Skyroots leaves to something more appropriate. We've also finished the Swets (blue water slimes found in the Aether which absorb mobs). Check them out:
Fun fact, Swets HATE Slimes!
FAQ, will update it regularly.
~ Checklist ~
Green = Done. Red = Not done. Orange = Being worked on.
Characteristics: Zephyr's are medium-sized, floating clouds. The way in which Zephyr's indirectly damage the player has been changed from the suggestion thread, since the "wind blowing" mechanic is already present in our Whirlwind mobs. So instead, we have made Zephyrs shoot bombardments of ice balls at the player when they are within their line of sight. These ice balls do not do any damage, but they knock the player extremely far back, potentially throwing them off islands.
Located: Zephyrs usually spawn in small packs of 2-3. They spawn very high in the sky, close to mountain tops.
Moas (Orange, Blue and Brown)
Boss Mobs (Bronze, Silver and Gold difficulty)
Characteristics: Aetherdirt, in many ways, works very similarly to Dirt on the Surface. When enough light is provided, it will grow Aethergrass on the top layer.
Located: Aetherdirt is found very commonly in the Aether dimension. It's usually populated on the tops of floating islands or mountains.
Uses: Aetherdirt and Aethergrass are the only blocks which can provide enough sustenance to grow the vegetation found in the Aether.
Characteristics: Holystone blocks can be found with various minerals or gems embedded into them.
Located: Holystone is a common block found in the Aether which is made up of rock material. They usually generate themselves on the bottoms of floating islands and mountains.
Uses: Holystone can be used to create Holystone tools.
Characteristics: Ambrosium Ore drops Ambrosium Shards upon mining.
Located: Ambrosium Ore is a very common mineral found in the Aether. They usually generate near large formations of Holystone.
Uses: Ambrosium Ore can be used to obtain Ambrosium Shards, which are very important fuel-material for Encanters.
Characteristics: Zanite Ore drops Zanite Gemstones upon mining.
Located: Zanite Ore is a medium-rarity mineral which can be found in the Aether. They usually generate near large formations of Holystone, or in the caves of floating mountains.
Uses: Zanite Ore can be used to obtain Zanite Gemstones, which can in turn be used to craft powerful tools.
Characteristics: Gravitite Ore (the first block) has the same effect as Sand blocks. However, instead of falling down, Gravitite Ore floats up. If it hits the sky ceiling the block will break. Enchanted Gravitite (the second block) only floats up when a Redstone current is provided.
Located: Gravitite Ore is the rarest mineral which can be found in the Aether. They usually generate underneath very large floating islands. Enchanted Gravitite can only be obtained by enchanting Gravitite Ore with an Enchanter block.
Uses: Gravitite Ore can be enchanted into Enchanted Gravitite, which in turn can be used to create powerful Gravitite Tools.
Functionality: Enchanters gives you the ability to both repair damaged items and give additional powers to existing items.
Crafting: Enchanters are made with eight Holystone blocks surrounding one Zanite Gemstone.
Characteristics: Skyroot Leaves will despawn when their logs are mined up. They occasionally drop Skyroot Saplings and Skyroot Sticks.
Located: Skyroot Leaves can be found growing on the tops of Skyroot logs. The combined formation results in a Skyroot tree.
Uses: Skyroot Leaves can be mined to obtain Skyroot Saplings, which in turn can be used to repopulate the Aether with new Skyroot trees.
Located: Skyroot Logs can be found in formations which result in "Skyroot" trees. They are fairly common in the Aether.
Uses: Skyroot Logs can be refined into Skyroot Planks, which in turn can be used to craft Skyroot Sticks and tools.
Characteristics: Cold Clouds are slightly slippery (like Ice). These blocks absorb all fall damage from creatures. Can only be picked up with a Bucket. Slightly transparent.
Located: Cold Clouds can be found in-between various floating islands, kind of like bridges. They are fairly common in the Aether.
Uses: Cold Clouds allow the player's character to jump from very high heights and still survive. They can also be used as easy bridges from one island to another.
Characteristics: Blue Clouds have the exact same characteristics as Cold Clouds. However, unlike Cold Clouds, Blue Clouds are extremely bouncy.
Located: Blue Clouds can be found in-between various floating islands, kind of like bridges. They are slightly rarer than Cold Clouds.
Uses: Blue Clouds allow the player's character to jump from cloud to cloud with relative ease.
Characteristics: When stood on, Quicksoil gives the player increasingly faster movement speed. The longer the player moves on the Quicksoil, the more they speed up. However, if the player begins to move too quickly, an oxygen bar will pop up, and damage you if you continue to move without oxygen. Quicksoil can also be used for crops and trees as very fertile soil-alternatives (basically, trees and crops grow faster on Quicksoil).
Located: This is currently not decided, but we are thinking on the edges of large islands.
This list is INCOMPLETE. It is just a preview of some of the Blocks we have created so far.
Functionality: If you right click an Ambrosium Shard while holding it in your hand, it will glow and sizzle, cleansing your character of minor wounds.
Located: Ambrosium Shards are not crafted. Instead, you can obtain them by mining Ambrosium Ore found embedded into various Holystone blocks.
Uses: Ambrosium Shards are the only item which can be used to fuel Enchanters. Enchanters can be used to either repair damaged tools or enhance existing items into more powerful variants. They can also be used to heal your character.
Located: Zanite Gemstones are not crafted. Instead, you can obtain them by mining Zanite Ore found embedded into various Holystone blocks.
Uses: Zanite Gemstones can be used to make powerful Zanite tools, which increase in strength as they are used.
Characteristics: When using Skyroot Tools, the drop returned from the block or mob will be doubled in quantity. So instead of gaining one block of Holystone, you will gain two blocks of Holystone. Unfortunately, this ability only works on Aether mobs and blocks.
Crafting: Skyroot tools are made with a combination of Skyroot Logs and Sticks.
Strength and Durability: Skyroot Tools have a very low durability and strength.
Characteristics: When using these tools, you have a rare chance to uncover an Ambrosium Shard (whether it be from the remains of a dead foe or the rubble of mined stone).
Crafting: Holystone tools are made with a combination of Holystone and Skyroot Sticks.
Strength and Durability: Holystone Tools have a very low durability, and medium strength.
Characteristics: Zanite tools start off with the strength of Wooden tools. However, the more you use it, the stronger it gets. The highest strength it can get to is the same level as Diamond, but by that time the durability of the tool only has 200 uses left.
Crafting: Zanite tools are made with a combination of Zanite Gemstones and Skyroot Sticks.
Strength and Durability: Zanite Tools have a very high durability, and varied strength (depending on how long you've used it for).
Characteristics: If you have a Gravitite tool in your hand, and you click your right mouse-button, a stream of blue particles will flow towards your pointer. If the stream hits something (whether it be a monster or a block), the entity which was hit will get "phased" out of existence for 10 seconds. Once the 10 seconds have passed, the entity will phase back into existence. Phasing something does not destroy nor kill them, only temporarily disables them. Using this ability costs triple the durability as mining a block or hitting a monster.
Crafting: Gravitite tools are made with a combination of Enchanted Gravitite blocks and Skyroot Sticks.
Strength and Durability: Gravitite Tools have a very high durability, and very high strength.
Crafting: Skyroot Sticks are crafted with two Skyroot Logs.
Use: Skyroot Sticks are used in many different crafting recipes, most prominently when crafting tools.
Crafting: Skyroot Buckets are made with three Skyroot Logs.
Use: Skyroot Buckets are quickly-accessible containers for Water, Milk, and Poison. Although they are very efficient and cheap, they cannot pick up lava. Poison will be explained in further detail during a future update.
Functionality: If you are holding a Moa Egg and you right click it onto a Moa (tamed or untamed), you will capture it inside your egg. To release it, you just right-click once more.
Located: Moa Eggs are not crafted. Instead, on rare occasions you can find a Moa bird laying one on the ground.
Uses: Moa Eggs can be used to created Scrambled Eggs, which heal a fair amount of Hearts. They can also be used transport Moas from one point to another (by capturing it into your egg). Cannot be used on the Surface.
This list is INCOMPLETE. It is just a preview of some of the Items we have created so far.
Check back later.
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for the logo and banner)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
- To post a comment, please login.