Local 4P Splitscreen (That's what we play mostly, and when we notice the bug), Sometimes when 2 players open the crafting grid, it can prevent one player from crafting an item if the other player in the crafting screen doesn't have the materials to craft it. The player with the materials trying to craft the item will have the items randomly highlighted as having or not having (as in, the red background in the grid.)
Please try to fix this, this one has actually been there since launch!
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 8 months, and 24 days
Last active Sat, Jun, 6 2015 19:51:03
- 0 Followers
- 428 Total Posts
- 5 Thanks
May 14, 2012Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from VrtraTheory
Working as intended. On PC, in order to generate a "new" portal, you'd need to travel either 128 blocks in Nether or 1024 blocks in Overworld. (Moving 1 block in Nether moves you 8 blocks in the Overworld.) Since the XBox maps are only 1024x1024 right now, that would be a no-go on the XBox.
Of course, nothing stops you from just traveling to the Nether with extra obsidian and building your own second portal. There's tons of info on the math used to determine which portal to travel to on the wiki: http://www.minecraft...orld_and_Nether
This is going to be made much more difficult on the XBox, however, because you can't see coordinates. Here's what I would do: build both Overworld portals, then manually walk from the first (yeah, it sucks) and count the blocks between them in the two coordinates. Let's say the second portal is 150 blocks east and 80 blocks north of the first. Go through the first portal with your obsidian, then walk 150/8 (18) blocks east and 80/8 (10) blocks north and build your second portal. Now Overworld Portal 1 and Nether Portal 1 should link correctly, and Overworld Portal 2 and Nether Portal 2 should link correctly.
They changed the Nether-to-Overworld ratio to 1:3 blocks for Xbox, so it may still work if it's far away enough.
May 11, 2012Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from chick3n1
Did they even playtest this? Torches sometimes fully work, Game sometimes save properly, and Monsters can't be damaged if they are partially behind a block
I'm just gonna stop complaining, and stop playing until they fix these bugs ):
Yes, they do, but sometimes the smallest thing they add to the game breaks some other feature without them noticing. Minecraft is a game that is never complete, and so there isn't really a final testing phase of it's production, before it's released. It's the same reason the PC version has so many bugs.Quote from FezchNew
Also, when you put up a sign and move through the blank lines, the sound of your cursor moving plays continuously even if you stop.
I've experienced this too.
Also, placing a sign without any text is impossible due to the Awaiting messege not disppearing.
May 11, 2012I didn't like the hunger system because it was "fun". I liked it because it was actually less stressful. With either system, you should be carrying some food, so it wasn't hard staying fed. Also, it was nice knowing I would heal automatically, instead of frantically trying to pull out some food in the middle of battle. Besides, the new system allowed for health potions in alchemy, so both healing options were available.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
That being said, no hunger system isn't horrible, but I would rather have it, along with food stacking.
May 10, 20121. Sometimes you get the message that you don't have the resources to craft something when you do (the crafting grid has no red backgrounds, either). I think the cause is when two players are using the same crafting table, and one player doesn't have the correct items.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
2. Cakes consume the buckets.
3. Animals are immune to damage when in tall grass (I think anytime a mob is either clipping in something else by standing in non-solid blocks, or in the case of monsters, right up against walls, when chasing you around a corner.)
4. Blocks don't produce a resource if your tool breaks, not sure if its all blocks or just blocks that need specific tools. Maybe it happens with mobs too.
5. Doors are harder to break, as they keep opening/closing. Most likely due to how the controller triggers work.
6. Sugar canes are solid.
7. Monsters spawn sometimes by your bed when you sleep, even when you're not up against any walls or spaces where monsters can spawn.
8. Your range seems shorter than on the PC version. Breaking/placing blocks requires to to be closer. This includes attacking monsters, creepers are almost guarenteed to at least sizzle after an attack from max melee range.
9. Picking up your arrows has no animation or sound.
10. Ghast's fireballs do 1/2 heart of damage on direct contact on Normal difficulty (not sure if it's always been like that), and sometimes spaz out on contact.
11. Sometimes a player's character won't be properly aligned with the bed they're sleeping in. (From a third-person view.)
Mar 25, 2012The Kinect could be used as little as Mass Effect 3 used it with just voice commands. But I highly doubt you would literally be punching blocks, as one unresponsive gesture would mean having to start breaking the block again from the start. My guess would be simply holding your arm out toward the block and holding it there until it broke, similar to the Pocket Edition of holding your finger on a block until it broke.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Mar 22, 2012BLourenco posted a message on 20.00 dollars for a game why does notch need so muchWell, 4J Studios needs some income, as well as Mojang.Posted in: Discussion
Mar 12, 2012Posted in: DiscussionQuote from ThisIsGamer
It's difficult to express emotion and voice with text, so yeah, I may have taken his comment the wrong way.
Yeah, I was talking about those developers, sorry about the miscommunication. And to expand on my reasoning about 3079 not being a clone is that the main gameplay isn't about breaking blocks, placing blocks, hoarding raw materials to craft wih, or building anything you want. It seems that it's more based on questing, earning money, and leving your character to improve it's stats. Those are two distinct experiences.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.